Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 - $34.99 via FB Marketplace

This seems slightly more legit than the guy that was selling COD:WWII copies before release.  He'd stole a case of them and a case of Maddens from our local Sony plant and was hawking them on the street for like $20 apiece.

If he took his time online two weeks later he'd have sold out of them at $40-50 apiece and no one would have blinked.

Wait, where was this? Infinite Warfare is another game I got early from this guy. Come to think of it, I got X1 copies from him too though.

I purchased dualshock controllers from this fb shop. All were legitimate. I’m waiting on two orders (Black ops and red dead)

They sort of hinted at having Xbox copies down the road in a reply to someone, if anyone was holding out in that regards just a heads up

I wasn't planning on getting this game at launch, but with that price...the only hiccup is a FB account is required to go through the sale. Trying to decide if it's worth it.

Just as a quick heads up, I placed an order 2 hours ago which was accepted, but now I see I received an order cancellation email 30 mins ago, with no excuse listed.  Good luck.  

Just as a quick heads up, I placed an order 2 hours ago which was accepted, but now I see I received an order cancellation email 30 mins ago, with no excuse listed. Good luck.
The listing has been pulled. And their web page also has both the X1 and PS4 ones pulled when you click on them. https://www.dailysteals.com/pages/search-results?type=product&q=red+dead

Sketchy.

Edit - I suppose it could be related to supply issues.

https://kotaku.com/independent-game-shops-told-they-wont-get-red-dead-rede-1829845669?utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
That really sucks for ma and pa game stores. I know some of them just buy them from Best Buy with GCU. Same or more proft margin

Guess the cartel are moving into video game sales now, too. Even if I had any sort of passing interest in this game I wouldn't support this shady front.
No need to jump to conclusions. Occasionally distributors will sell an item lower than manufacturer price if you buy in bulk. This guy probably got a good deal from someone in Latin America and is likely only making $2-5 a disk. The practice is called channel surfing or sometimes called a grey market sale.

Received this email:

Greetings! Thank you for your recent pre-order via Facebook Marketplace
We wanted to let you know that the game is on track to ship by October 26, 2018

The original charge you saw when you placed the order was a pending authorization only. The actual charge will occur once the item has shipped.

*Since pending authorizations expire every 7 days per card company rules, we may need to authorize your card a second time before we actually take the money. In the meantime, your card company should and will release the holds on the older authorization. Do not be alarmed if you see a duplicate pending charge as it will drop off within days*

No need to jump to conclusions. Occasionally distributors will sell an item lower than manufacturer price if you buy in bulk. This guy probably got a good deal from someone in Latin America and is likely only making $2-5 a disk. The practice is called channel surfing or sometimes called a grey market sale.
Yeah, I mean they run a legitimate company best as I could tell, not like they just stole a truck at gunpoint to sell RDR2 cheap

Best Buy is delaying orders apparently, grey market copies might beat them lol
Not surprised the game is in high demand and having some sort of supply issue in North America. At least that’s what I’ve read.

Seems like an error. BB sent me an email today with delivery delayed to 12/31, then another one an hour later changed back to release date delivery. There's a third email apologizing for the system error.

Guess the cartel are moving into video game sales now, too. Even if I had any sort of passing interest in this game I wouldn't support this shady front.
LOL* why would a cartel waste their time selling video games online? It is not a very lucrative business model. They'd laugh at just the thought of it.

Are you a flat earther by any chance?

The notice about it being shipped was only because the shipping label was created. Tracking number shows the seller has not delivered it to the USPS facility yet.

Same here. Got a “shipping notice” on the 24th, but the tracking page still only shows that the label was printed.

If I recall properly, I believe the page said that it would ship out on the 26th, so not all hope is lost yet.

Did want to mention that mine also shipped, but that I took advantage of their assassins creed offer, of that which I did receive and can confirm the DLC works as intended.

There's no way these weren't stolen somewhere along the line. I don't know about Mexico but in the US retailers only make a few dollars on the sale of a game at $60 at launch. I don't think physical copies are generally cheaper in other countries like the digital copies you find cheap on places like CDKeys or G2A either.

I mean whatever, it's not like they would track down the buyers in this situation, but just know you aren't going to be supporting the devs this way. Not that that matters to everyone anyways.

While i'm waiting and watching my PS4 for the past the 17 hours for RDR2 to install from the 2 discs... (i know it just feels that way) I feel like you guys constantly watching your tracking numbers to see if it has shipped yet.  :lol:

Just FYI, it won't update on the USPS site until at minimum 5pm local. Normally even if it's received and headed to the plant, it won't update with that specific scan until 6-8pm local.

If it's still in the label created stage tomorrow morning... (i'd say past 9pm local tonight) then i'd worry.

And also, some plants have a dock for shippers to drop off mailings up to 9pm, or later depending on area. So again I wouldn't worry about it until tomorrow morning if it has not updated.

Mine shipped, expected arrival is Tuesday!  And to the person a few posts up...if you feel so bad about not supporting the devs then feel free to pour all the money you want out to them.  I'm sick of people being on their high horse on a deal website. 

Check your FB Marketplace for the tracking number. Thats where I found mine. Facebook then Marketplace then You then Orders.

It's not. I ordered and received Black Ops 4 for $35 without a hitch. My copy of RDR2 is out for delivery today.
Then you're the lucky one, or I'm unlucky! I ordered when it first went live on October 17th. The Facebook status page only states "Order Oct 17" and it still does as of this writing. However, the Paypal authorization just disappeared this morning. I don't think they are going to ship my order.

Then you're the lucky one, or I'm unlucky! I ordered when it first went live on October 17th. The Facebook status page only states "Order Oct 17" and it still does as of this writing. However, the Paypal authorization just disappeared this morning. I don't think they are going to ship my order.
Crap. Did you ever receive a message saying they will be shipping the game on the 26th? I received my tracking number on the 25th after the shipping label was created, and then it was shipped when they said it would. That really sucks. Did you check your invoice for a potential tracking number? My Paypal auth. amount disappeared early also, but then it pushed through by the time I received the game (same for Blops4 and RDR2).

No.  I never got that message, nor a tracking number.  The invoice on Facebook order status page still shows the first stage, which is "Order Oct 17th). But during the ordering process, there was a message that clearly stated that it was going to be shipped on the 26th.  People on Slickdeals are claiming that their copies are arriving today to California (shipped from Florida), with some just got theirs delivered.  Your message gave me hope that mine may still come even after having the Paypal authorization disappeared earlier today.  Fingers crossed!

No. I never got that message, nor a tracking number. The invoice on Facebook order status page still shows the first stage, which is "Order Oct 17th). But during the ordering process, there was a message that clearly stated that it was going to be shipped on the 26th. People on Slickdeals are claiming that their copies are arriving today to California (shipped from Florida), with some just got theirs delivered. Your message gave me hope that mine may still come even after having the Paypal authorization disappeared earlier today. Fingers crossed!
Hopefully they get you taken care of. :)

bread's done
Back