Red Dead Redemption $49.99 at Amazon

Great for those who have not picked this up, its a really fun game especially multiplayer. ^^^^pre-orders got a 20$ gc for amazon....which i havent received yet...crap. For anyone else who preordered, did amazon send an email with a extra golden guns pack code? I got one included in the game and they sent me one through email.

[quote name='skubish']This is why I am probably done with preordering.[/QUOTE]

preorders have better bonuses, like the $20 GC that amazon was giving away, son.

Ah damn, I just bought this in store on Thursday. And I had a $10 credit from SSF4 too, oh wells. This was one of the few games I can justify blowing $60 on this year, right behind Mass Effect 2(which is still my GotY even though it's still somewhat early).

For anyone on the fence, I will say it's well worth it. GTA4 kind of bored me; I played for about 5-6 hours and still wasn't getting anywhere; maybe it would have gotten better later? The Western theme/atmosphere is amazing, seemingly stupid things like cattle herding and taming wild horses are actually an absurd amount of fun as is mini games like Poker. I've only paid full price for 2 games over the past 8+ months: Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption. That may tell you, for me at least, how good it is.

Yep, I got the code in the box and they also emailed me one. I tried to put the Amazon one in first and it said it was invalid, but luckily the one in the box worked fine. I also haven't received the $20 credit either, so hopefully that shows up within a few days.

Yeah I got 2 codes for golden guns, gave one to a friend. Still waiting for that $20 GC so I can get Alan Wake for $49.99-$20GC=$29.99. They better not up the price before I get my GC.

Guess no one else got theirs yet either...

Amazon is great though..I decided to see if I could email them about the $10 dropping within 3 days and they credited me back $10 with no problem. They don't price adjust anymore but it might not hurt to try if you really want the $10 difference back. Using Contact Us, I selected my order and then the "issue" from the pull down menu, I selected "gift certificates/cards & promotional offers"

I just sent them an email asking about this, since my game hasn't arrived yet. I did get the game cheaper when I pre-ordered ($59.99 - $10 - $10 —two video game credits— = $39.99), but with the current price it's as if I wasted one of the credits.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the 'Red Dead Redemption' you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on May 17, 2010 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more.

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

I emailed them about getting difference, because it was 53.99 I think, and I paid 59.99. They said they would send me the difference.

[quote name='pyromania86']Yeah I got 2 codes for golden guns, gave one to a friend. Still waiting for that $20 GC so I can get Alan Wake for $49.99-$20GC=$29.99. They better not up the price before I get my GC.

Guess no one else got theirs yet either...[/QUOTE]

Off Topic: Did anyone get their codes (for either Alan Wake or RDR) from Gamestop, yet? This is my first rodeo, so to speak... Do they email them pretty quickly or what? I've already received the games...

Yeah why haven't I got my $20 giftcard yet? I just got RDR yesterday in the mail, do you think they will refund $10 since I paid $60?

[quote name='Mikocouch']Unless it is a first party Nintendo game[/QUOTE]
This, Just preordered Mario Galaxy 2 on Amazon, for the $20 code. Don't know if I wanna spend it on Red Dead or GD Rockband. I'm still amazed Bioshock 2 hit $20 in like a month.

[quote name='gsr']preorders have better bonuses, like the $20 GC that amazon was giving away, son.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

Anyhow good deal. Rather have the $10 off then 20gc as i dont plan on buying anything from amazon for awhile.

[quote name='FlameOnMe']Thisll be $29.99 within a month.. guaranteed.[/QUOTE]
Should I quote you for that and make you look foolish?

[quote name='skubish']This is why I am probably done with preordering.[/QUOTE]

Because you want to wait longer and pay more for the game? I'm confused.

well i emailed them asking for the ten dollar refund and I got an email within 20 minutes saying they would refund it because it was a drastic drop in price

I got it from walmart, and got a 20$ walmart ecard for free(which i received the next day via email). it was cool because i could of emailed the card to anyone. i just used it for MS points.

[quote name='andrewdezzy']well i emailed them asking for the ten dollar refund and I got an email within 20 minutes saying they would refund it because it was a drastic drop in price[/QUOTE]

What the Hell? i got :

About price drop

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the 'Red Dead Redemption' you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on May 18, 2010 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not.

This game is amazing but I don't think I would add it to my collection until it hits $30. That being said I'm almost finished with the main story. Already spoiled the ending for myself and it's kinda lame.

My main problem with the game is it leans over to the tragic hero more than the evil side of things. They need to make it easier for one to go super evil in game. Every mission ends up giving you "honor".

[quote name='iRent']This game is amazing but I don't think I would add it to my collection until it hits $30. That being said I'm almost finished with the main story. Already spoiled the ending for myself and it's kinda lame.

My main problem with the game is it leans over to the tragic hero more than the evil side of things. They need to make it easier for one to go super evil in game. Every mission ends up giving you "honor".[/QUOTE]

I agree it has flaws. There are some bugs and graphical issues, R2 to shoot?, he cant swim??, the story and your actions dont always go well together, the multiplayer needs work...and so on

I disagree that anyone should wait to get the game though. Despite the flaws I think it's worth every penny even at full price. Overall it's very fun and there's a lot to do. One of my favorite games this gen.

[quote name='Mazakrov']I emailed them a few hours ago, and they gave me a $10 refund.[/QUOTE]

I got denied twice so far. First time in almost 2 years...lol. The second stated the matter is closed. Suffice to say, I wrote them a third time...and a fourth if need be, etc. My opinion is they either do it for all or they do it for none. Since they have been issuing refunds...then I won't stop until I receive it as well.

Persistence is a virtue. :)

[quote name='shanedude']What the Hell? i got :

About price drop

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the 'Red Dead Redemption' you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on May 18, 2010 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not.[/QUOTE]

Don't let that stand in your way. This refund is a part of you! Like an undersized jockstrap! ;)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I got denied twice so far. First time in almost 2 years...lol. The second stated the matter is closed. Suffice to say, I wrote them a third time...and a fourth if need be, etc. My opinion is they either do it for all or they do it for none. Since they have been issuing refunds...then I won't stop until I receive it as well.

Persistence is a virtue. :)[/QUOTE]

I wrote them a second time (a couple of hours ago), this is the response.

I realize our last message was disappointing news for you.

Prices on some items may change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we can't honor new discounts for completed orders.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you; this is our policy at this time. We won't be able to comment on this issue further.

This dude must have seen in the registry that I already asked about this. Oh well...

[quote name='Azuvidexus']I wrote them a second time (a couple of hours ago), this is the response.

This dude must have seen in the registry that I already asked about this. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

That's because they keep all CS emails on record...so he read your prior email. That matter isn't closed, regardless of what he says. Almost 2 years ago I dealt with this same issue. And guess what?

I called CS directly during US working hours, talked to an extremely nice lady who gave me absolutely no hassle, the opposite actually. She not only gave me a refund of the difference, but a bit more for my troubles. THAT"S CS!

The second email only proves globalization should be incinerated to the point they taste the ashes in their mouths.

[quote name='shanedude']What the Hell? i got :

About price drop

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not.[/QUOTE]

That's like the exact email i got, except it said the 17th since that's when I ordered it.

I'm tempted to buy it, but i'll wait till amazon has it for $39.99, alot of their popular games reach that price level with in a couple weeks of its release Or i'll just play call of juarez to get my western shooters fix till RDR falls in price

[quote name='gsr']preorders have better bonuses, like the $20 GC that amazon was giving away, son.[/QUOTE]

Sorry pal, but $10 cash in my pocket is worth more to me than $20 funny money. (which I still haven't recieved btw).

[quote name='Hardware']Because you want to wait longer and pay more for the game? I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

$20 gc + $60 game is not cheaper than $50 game.

[quote name='skubish']$20 gc + $60 game is not cheaper than $50 game.[/QUOTE]

I have to take the side of the people that would rather save the $10 now. The main reason being that with the "free" 20 dollars, you end up spending more in the long run. That is why they give out giftcards, to make the next sale where many times you end up spending more, or buying something you otherwise wouldnt, just because of the giftcard.
$20 gc + $60 game + future $60 game= spending 40 more than you would have originally

[quote name='ritchardf']I have to take the side of the people that would rather save the $10 now. The main reason being that with the "free" 20 dollars, you end up spending more in the long run. That is why they give out giftcards, to make the next sale where many times you end up spending more, or buying something you otherwise wouldnt, just because of the giftcard.
$20 gc + $60 game + future $60 game= spending 40 more than you would have originally[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily; chances are you would've bought that $60 game anyways. It's just a convenience that you can have a $20 credit to knock it down or in better cases, buy a $20 game and get it for nothing. Though I agree it's better just to get that $20 off when you buy the game it IS nice to have an extra $20 off when you buy another game.

freakin amazon. unless they got top notch preorder bonus like they did for red dead redemption and mass effect 2, i'll wait and order. $10 preorder credit or wait 7 days for a $10 price drop.

With bad game sales, I'll wait for the UFC 2010 and modracers price drop next week and then order.

can anyone give me some insight on this game? it never appealed to me because it's western-ish, and seems whatever... thanks

[quote name='greggysasaki']Thumbs up for amazon...they just gave me a $10 price adjustment![/QUOTE]

Amazon has been pretty good with the price adjustments. Lowering the price of the PS3 version and not the 360 version is interesting. Happening more and more lately. I have both systems and always pick the 360 version because of Live, and I wonder if this tactic is trying to get people to buy the PS3 version instead. Wonder if MS knows this.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Amazon has been pretty good with the price adjustments. Lowering the price of the PS3 version and not the 360 version is interesting. Happening more and more lately. I have both systems and always pick the 360 version because of Live, and I wonder if this tactic is trying to get people to buy the PS3 version instead. Wonder if MS knows this.[/QUOTE]

The 360 price was lowered for $49.99 and they gave me $10 credit back for that drop. Now the price for 360 is back up to $59.99 but the PS3 price remained at $49.99 for the time being, so it's not a "tactic", they both dropped.

bread's done
Back