Red Dead Redemption Playing Cards Available Through Ebay

guys, i just happened to walk into my local gamestop today... and lo an behold, they were carding people to get in....

At first I was like wth? then i proceeded to walk inside and guess what! They were previewing Red Dead Redemption on multiple screens!!! I waited in line and got to try this game out, pretty awesome.

But wait- there's more, as I was leaving they were handing out free stuff. I picked up a Red Dead Redemption t-Shirt, Deck of Cards like this one, AND they gave me Dice wrapped up in a leather container with Read Dead Redemption inscribed in all of it.

just thought I'd share so you make sure to be aware of all the collectables so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a special launch event on Sunday at the Union Station store and the regular launch events are happening at other gamestops the next day. Monday.

[quote name='arcane93']I'm somewhat confused by that article, as it says GameStop is doing a midnight launch on Sunday night. Unless all of the info that I've seen has been wrong, the game doesn't come out until Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Woah o_O, i had better get up early to head to gamestop just incase thats true, still havent put down a reserve yet

so who exactly is going to distribute these cards besides union square? I have mine ordered from gamestop.com, but i definitely want those cards. If best buy distributes it though, i don't mind a purchase and return on that.

[quote name='Jinooka']guys, i just happened to walk into my local gamestop today... and lo an behold, they were carding people to get in....

At first I was like wth? then i proceeded to walk inside and guess what! They were previewing Red Dead Redemption on multiple screens!!! I waited in line and got to try this game out, pretty awesome.

But wait- there's more, as I was leaving they were handing out free stuff. I picked up a Red Dead Redemption t-Shirt, Deck of Cards like this one, AND they gave me Dice wrapped up in a leather container with Read Dead Redemption inscribed in all of it.

just thought I'd share so you make sure to be aware of all the collectables so far.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, that is awesome. I really hope my GameStop gives out some decks of cards for the midnight release.

[quote name='mythus']so who exactly is going to distribute these cards besides union square? I have mine ordered from gamestop.com, but i definitely want those cards. If best buy distributes it though, i don't mind a purchase and return on that.[/QUOTE]

Walmart. They have them offered along with a $20 giftcard for preoders of the game.

[quote name='crr_1119']Walmart. They have them offered along with a $20 giftcard for preoders of the game.[/QUOTE]

That is correct says Chris Farley!

- Jason

[quote name='crawlingpeter']The .pdf on Walmart's website says you get the cards if you buy the game at 12:01 on Tuesday... does that mean the b&m stores will have them too?[/QUOTE

Yes they have the same poster hanging in B&M walmarts

[quote name='Poor2More'][quote name='crawlingpeter']The .pdf on Walmart's website says you get the cards if you buy the game at 12:01 on Tuesday... does that mean the b&m stores will have them too?[/QUOTE

Yes they have the same poster hanging in B&M walmarts[/QUOTE]

Reeeeeeeally?! The b&m stores don't do preorders, right? So I should just waltz on in there at midnite with no worries? Thanks!

I think this physical copy of a playing card deck is worth more than digital outfits or shiny guns especially when you can use them for playing with friends.

[quote name='Poor2More']Yes they have the same poster hanging in B&M walmarts[/QUOTE]Yup, its right next to the post for Alan Wake that says it comes out on the 25th of May. (I really should have taken a picture of it.)

midnight?

so this is only offered at the super walmarts then? those are the only stores i know of that are open till 24 hours.

other walmarts close at 11pm.

I just walked into my local gamestop. I asked if they were going to be giving out cards for preorders and the girl just handed me a set with a sticker on the spot. I told her I didn't preorder at that location and she didn't care! Try your luck!

I called a couple of the GSes having a midnight release for RDR and neither of the people I talked to knew anything about the cards. Doesn't mean there won't be any, just means the people I talked to were not aware of anything like that.

Might go talk to some of the mgrs I know tomorrow.

I called the 14th street Union Square store and they do not have a midnight release tonight. I dont know where that dude got his information from on destructoid.com.

Aw, I want some cards! Might have to preorder from Wallyworld. They give them to you at the time of pre-order or purchase? Might be worth the reservation cost just to get the cards... if they're charging 20 for them on ebay... I'm PMing the TrU deal to BB, so I'll only be paying $35 for the game in the end... I'm goin' to Walmart!

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I called the 14th street Union Square store and they do not have a midnight release tonight. I dont know where that dude got his information from on destructoid.com.[/QUOTE]FWIW, the Destructoid article never said the Union Square store would have a midnight opening (even though GS's website says that location will be open at midnight)...just that there was a special preview event this past Saturday at the Union Square location (which was posted as an event on GameStop's Facebook page).

So either GS's website is incorrect or the person you talked to doesn't know what they're talking about. All the local ones on the list I called confirmed they will be open.

I usually prefer Amazon, but physical cards > ingame digital frills (and I had some funds sitting in paypal).

Thanks OP for posting this (which led me to place my preorder w. Walmart).
edit: was around $4 cheaper than amazon after Bing and .99 less base price

I was leaning towards picking up the game at Toys R' Us for the $25 gift card, but after finding out about the playing cards, I opted for Wal-Mart. Using Bing's cashback for an additional $3 off helped as well.

[quote name='Jinooka']guys, i just happened to walk into my local gamestop today... and lo an behold, they were carding people to get in....

just thought I'd share so you make sure to be aware of all the collectables so far.[/QUOTE]
Sonofabitch!:bomb: I called Saturday and the employees didn't know jack shit about whether or not they were getting the cards. I was told the only pre-order bonuses were the outfits and soundtrack.

What really sucks is I have work on Tuesday morning bright and early for the primary election here in PA and the one GS near here is doing midnight release for it, so chances are if I miss that and they give out the cards and whatever other goodies at that then I miss out on getting them at all.:roll:

Knowing my luck, even if the store I have the game pre-ordered at gets some of the cards in for the start of business on Tuesday they'll all be gone before I can get there on Weds to get my copy.:roll:

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Anyone knows how to get $20 gift card and the playing cards upon a purchase of Red Dead Redemption from Wal-Mart?[/QUOTE]

Can't get $20 gift card from B&M, must do online ... if you do order online, don't forget the Bing

[quote name='wynams']Can't get $20 gift card from B&M, must do online ... if you do order online, don't forget the Bing[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the cashback note.
If I order online and decide to pick it up in-store, do I also get the playing cards?

I called one of my Walmarts and the girl in electronics said they had a bunch of the cards, but that Walmart (at least, that Walmart) didn't do preorders, and that you just got the cards when you buy the game (I've never bought a game at Walmart before). But someone just mentioned a Best Buy having the cards... that would be great if I could get it from BB PMing the TrU deal, the exclusive War Horse dlc, AND playing cards. That would be too good to be true.

But anyway, do any of your Walmarts do preorders? I could always check the other 2 in town...

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already mentioned that WM does not do B&M pre-orders. Too bad...

Question - So I ordered from Walmart to get the cards, but have an order from Amazon already placed. What happens if I decide to return the game to a Walmart store? Does it subtract the $20 from the e-giftcard? Normally the freebies like cards, etc aren't factored in on returns but how is the e-giftcard handled? Anyone have any experience in this area?

[quote name='crr_1119']Walmart. They have them offered along with a $20 giftcard for preoders of the game.[/QUOTE]

I thought $20gc's were only being given out with online preorders, not in-store.

And they are only offering the playing cards to first-come midnight purchases, along with Best Buy, these are the only two retailers confirmed to be giving away cards.

If there is anyone out there who really wants in on this promo, you'll have to hit up your local Wally World or BB who is having a midnight release.

If I get the game at Walmart.com and return it later to a Walmart store, what happens to the $20 ecard they are giving for preordering RDR? I don't care to keep that but I want the deck of cards and my circumstances have prevented me from going to a Walmart at midnight.

Usually, they'll ask for it back, but it's all YMMV. Technically if you were to keep it, you would be committing return fraud, but again, it depends whether or not customer service requires you to return it.

bread's done
Back