Red Dead Redemption Playing Cards Available Through Ebay

So everyone saw the card offer on Walmart.com right? I just noticed that it's not really mentioned on my receipt at all, so hopefully Walmart won't 'forget' to add the cards to the shipment.

Well all I have is the card number they just emailed me and the option to save to my account; obviously I'm not going to spend the card but how are the return people supposed to take that back from me without charging me an additional 20 dollars and then forcing me to just spend the card to get my money back.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Usually, they'll ask for it back, but it's all YMMV. Technically if you were to keep it, you would be committing return fraud, but again, it depends whether or not customer service requires you to return it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, my receipt showed a charge of $39.99 for the game and $20 for the giftcard, so if you return the game you're pretty much stuck with the giftcard either way.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Well all I have is the card number they just emailed me and the option to save to my account; obviously I'm not going to spend the card but how are the return people supposed to take that back from me without charging me an additional 20 dollars and then forcing me to just spend the card to get my money back.[/QUOTE]

They probably wont take it back. You'd probably just get $40 back for the game itself. I suppose maybe they could just deactivate the $20 credit but I doubt they do that normally.

I picked up at BB and got a pack of cards and some t-shirts. I didn't get a separate warhorse thing though. Is it inside the box? Anyone opened one yet? I don't want to open it, find nothing, and be unable to get refund. Note: I pre-ordered.

Should be in the box, all the pre-order bonuses are ... problematic for anyone buying at one place and planning on returning it later to another.

Anyone know if all Best Buys are getting the playing cards? Or just the ones doing the midnight release?

Also, the amazon golden gun code will be emailed, not packed with the game:

"Gift card and access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases."

[quote name='bthoma']Anyone know if all Best Buys are getting the playing cards? Or just the ones doing the midnight release?

Also, the amazon golden gun code will be emailed, not packed with the game:

"Gift card and access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases."[/QUOTE]

I believe only Walmart and Best Buy's hosting "midnight releases" were given the cards for the promotion.

Hmm, I also wonder what the odds would be to go tomorrow morning to either a BB or Walmart that didn't have a big turnout and being able to pick up a deck (maybe a few) with or without buying the game. I'd imagine, especially at Walmart, the employees wouldn't give a shit if they had leftovers and would just hand em out if you asked or bought the game.

Oh and those who went to a midnight launch at any store, how was it and what free stuff did you get!?

i actually got 2 extra decks myself from my midnight purchase, and 2 extra shirts.

willing to trade a deck for a Warhorse as well i guess.

dammit the Walmart I went to had a bunch of clueless employees that didnt know anything about the free playing cards even though there were 2 signs advertising the deal on the glass cases in the games section.

They "looked" for them but couldn't find them so they took my name and number and are supposed to call when they find them. They damn well better.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Hmm, I also wonder what the odds would be to go tomorrow morning to either a BB or Walmart that didn't have a big turnout and being able to pick up a deck (maybe a few) with or without buying the game. I'd imagine, especially at Walmart, the employees wouldn't give a shit if they had leftovers and would just hand em out if you asked or bought the game.

Oh and those who went to a midnight launch at any store, how was it and what free stuff did you get!?[/QUOTE]

My fucking work wouldn't let me leave until 12:18am (after hours you need to be let out by security) .. by the time I got to my Gamestop's Midnight Launch, they were closing up shop at 12:25am. I was pissed.

So I went to Walmart and got a free deck of cards. Woot.

[quote name='ShockandAww']dammit the Walmart I went to had a bunch of clueless employees that didnt know anything about the free playing cards even though there were 2 signs advertising the deal on the glass cases in the games section.

They "looked" for them but couldn't find them so they took my name and number and are supposed to call when they find them. They damn well better.[/QUOTE]

Stop in later today when the daytime employees are working. Overnight retail employees are virtually mindless.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I need it for 360. But seriously, you give me Warhorse code that works, I send you a 15 dollar deck of cards that I pay to ship...

just a quick question, did anyone receive their 10 dollar coupon in their email yet? my order shipped and i dont see it.

Just got back from two WalMarts in Henderson, NV. They said they didn't get their shipments in for the deck of cards. What a waste of time =/

[quote name='Thorgouge']Hmm, I also wonder what the odds would be to go tomorrow morning to either a BB or Walmart that didn't have a big turnout and being able to pick up a deck (maybe a few) with or without buying the game. I'd imagine, especially at Walmart, the employees wouldn't give a shit if they had leftovers and would just hand em out if you asked or bought the game.

Oh and those who went to a midnight launch at any store, how was it and what free stuff did you get!?[/QUOTE]
I got the game(and a free Aliens Vs. Predator guide since it pennied @ GS;)). Period. I was there over an hour and a half early and was treated to the employees surfing over to YouTube on the display model Wii to watch videos of "Dr. Steve Brule". It alternated between that and them taking turns playing Street Fighter IV on the two display model PS3's.

All in all though it was a fun night, even if there was no bonus swag for attending the launch.

Aside from that it was a pretty uneventful launch. No sign of any other goodies in sight for being there for the midnight launch.:cry:

Maybe I'll stop by Wally World tonight after work and hope they have some dim employees in electronics who will give me a couple packs of cards.;)

Picked up my cards today. Now I can play solitaire.

I wonder if they'll have some later today as well. I may try to grab another pack. I think they look nice enough to have a backup or two.

well im going to try to go to Walmart and say I didn't get a pair of cards when I picked up the game last night, not really looking to pay $10 for a deck of cards

If I were to go to BB to ask about the cards, where would be the place in the store to go? I wonder if the people who walk around the video game isles would have a clue or if I'd have to go to customer service and explain to them the entire situation or if any theoretical leftover cards would be sitting behind the checkout counters.

I'm gonna head to BB during lunch, I can try to pick up a few War Horse Codes and willing to trade them for a deck of cards. Let me know via PM if anyone is interested

Aren't the warhorse codes in the boxes? So you're just going to buy a couple copies of RDR, open them and trade the codes? Wouldn't it just be easier and more cost effective to visit Walmart where they have a poster advertising the cards?

I could be wrong, but I don't think they are. Preorder boxes usually get wiped a few days before, mine were gone when I checked Saturday, but maybe you'll be luckier than I was.

my gamestop had tons of these. I walked in and they we're happily just giving them away w/o preorders since it was just an abundance. Then again, i believe they received the shipment from another gamestop near my area who did the midnight and received none.

[quote name='mythus']my gamestop had tons of these. I walked in and they we're happily just giving them away w/o preorders since it was just an abundance. Then again, i believe they received the shipment from another gamestop near my area who did the midnight and received none.[/QUOTE]

got any extras? :D

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']got any extras? :D[/QUOTE]

i only got 3 and those are accounted by the amount of friends who actually requested one. so ... no sadly =*(

[quote name='mythus']i only got 3 and those are accounted by the amount of friends who actually requested one. so ... no sadly =*([/QUOTE]

ah its alright

BTW anyone that does have an extra pack I have a Gears of War 2 flashback map pack code or a Mass Effect 2 dragon age armor code I would be willing to trade... just saying....

side note, can anyone tell me the upc that's on the wal-mart package? i read that the upc from best buy is different. thanks.

Damn. I went to my GameStop at midnight and they had no promo stuff to speak of. Ugh. I'd really like those cards or dice. Someone PM me if they have any extras.

Have one up on ebay to pass along. Will ship it out today if you do the buy it now today before 5p.m. EST. It's title is:New Sealed Rare Red Dead Redemption Deck Playing Cards

[quote name='ColleGuy3']Have one up on ebay to pass along. Will ship it out today if you do the buy it now today before 5p.m. EST. It's title is:New Sealed Rare Red Dead Redemption Deck Playing Cards

[/QUOTE]
$ and PM me the link

Dude, people are asking to perhaps trade for them, yet you are selling it for a buy it now of $25. Cmon

[quote name='jgiovanni']$ and PM me the link

Dude, people are asking to perhaps trade for them, yet you are selling it for a buy it now of $25. Cmon[/QUOTE]

Lol, don't hate me, hate the human stupidity that makes it possible. Sold one already. Got to love people that can't wait for an auction to end.
By the way, the auction is at a huge $1.04 now.

I wasn't stating anyhting bad theoretically, just that most people on here are def. not going to pay the BIN price. But there are plenty of retards in the world, I won't argue with you there.

I know I made a fortune selling the 7-11 exclusive Morpheus armor on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I can't post anything in the Trade section of CAG yet because I haven't had my account for 30 days, but I'll go ahead and post this here: I have a pack of the unopened RDR playing cards and want to trade it for a PSP game.

The cards are going for $12-25 on eBay right now. The PSP games I've listed below that I'd be looking to trade the cards for fall within that used price range on sites like Amazon and Glyde. PM me if you have any questions or want to make an offer.

I'm looking for PSP games in good condition with the original case and manual.

Games I'm looking for:
Manhunt 2
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge
Jeanne D'Arc
GTA: Vice City Stories

[quote name='jgiovanni']I believe they are in the prorder boxes, so yes as long as they didn't trash them.[/QUOTE]

Nope, just got it there today, the Warhorse is in the retail box. Just FYI the "code unlock servers" are inaccessible right now, so I can;t redeem the code, anyone else?

And there's no way I'd trade my Warhorse for some cards, I'm just gonna go to walmart and get a pack, the girl yesterday tole me they had like 40 packs of them ;)

Willing to trade set of cards for working Golden Guns code for :360: or possibly a working Warhorse code for :360:. PM me go!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='c3r1h5']side note, can anyone tell me the upc that's on the wal-mart package? i read that the UPC from best buy is different. thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume that they are different.

Wal-Mart (360)
10425 39825

Amazon (360)
10425 39574

So, yeah, I guess I won't be shopping at Wal-Mart at midnight anymore... :lol: (oh, well, I have a buddy who never preorders games so I can still make a little money off of it.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'm going to assume that they are different.

Wal-Mart (360)
10425 39825

Amazon (360)
10425 39574

So, yeah, I guess I won't be shopping at Wal-Mart at midnight anymore... :lol: (oh, well, I have a buddy who never preorders games so I can still make a little money off of it.)[/QUOTE]

oh man you gotta be kidding me the GameStop Special edition Xbox 360 is : 1042539813

I completely forgot to head to Wally World after work and instead just headed straight home. Oh well. Chances are knowing my luck the local WM probably gave away all of their packs of cards by now.

I just wish the fuckin' soundtrack, Deadly Assassin and challenge map codes were completely seperate code vouchers, even though I'm more pissed that the soundtrack is just fuckin' digital code.

What is with the US releases of games getting digital download garbage while overseas releases get physical media in some cases(God Of War III Ultimate Trilogy Edition in the UK comes to mind:bomb:).

I doubt I'll ever even use the code for the soundtrack/etc/etc, so if anyone has a pack of the RDR cards SEALED and wants to do a straight up trade for my code(which I'll email or PM after I get the cards), then let me know.

Oh and my online pre-ordered copy came in today as well, the one that Gamestop 'had packaged' as I was trying to cancel yesterday afternoon. I'm probably returning that to GS tomorrow and dumping the $63.59 on a pre-order of TF: WFC for PS3 for late June.

What pisses me off worse about the package it came in is that the super stealthy UPS fuckin' ninjas dropped it off next to the side door of the house without so much as a knock on the door or ring of the doorbell, like they did with my EA Store package with NINE games in it.:roll:

How hard is it to ring a GD doorbell or knock before hiding the package on the side of the house?

Update: walked into Walmart back to electronics, and I see a box with about 15 card packs in it (this is at about 8:00 at night).
I asked the girl "Do you have to check out videogames here, or can we take them to the front?"
She said "No, you can take them to the front".
I said "Do you guys have the deck of cards that came with RDR?"
She handed me a pack and gave me a "Yeah, whatever" type gesture.
I never said I was going to buy the game or anything but she didn't really seem to care.

So... cards acquired, yay! :lol:

You guys shouldn't have too hard of a time getting one. My intention was to buy the game, get the cards for free, and then return it keeping the cards (which is a bit shady "return fraud" wise, but as she gave them to me free anyway, I'm not too concerned). I didn't wanna ask for more than one and blow my chances.

I'm happy with mine, and good luck to the rest of you guys ;)

[quote name='unopepito06']Update: walked into Walmart back to electronics, and I see a box with about 15 card packs in it (this is at about 8:00 at night).
I asked the girl "Do you have to check out videogames here, or can we take them to the front?"
She said "No, you can take them to the front".
I said "Do you guys have the deck of cards that came with RDR?"
She handed me a pack and gave me a "Yeah, whatever" type gesture.
I never said I was going to buy the game or anything but she didn't really seem to care.

So... cards acquired, yay! :lol:

You guys shouldn't have too hard of a time getting one. My intention was to buy the game, get the cards for free, and then return it keeping the cards (which is a bit shady "return fraud" wise, but as she gave them to me free anyway, I'm not too concerned). I didn't wanna ask for more than one and blow my chances.

I'm happy with mine, and good luck to the rest of you guys ;)[/QUOTE]
If I see like 15 packs there when I make my trek to WM tomorrow to try for a pack, I may be greedy and try to grab all of them. If I do, I'm probably gonna keep like 2-4 packs and trade the rest on CAG.

But again I haven't gone there yet, so no PMing me with a pre-emptive trade offer until I can say for sure I have them.

bread's done
Back