Red Dead Redemption Playing Cards Available Through Ebay

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I see like 15 packs there when I make my trek to WM tomorrow to try for a pack, I may be greedy and try to grab all of them. If I do, I'm probably gonna keep like 2-4 packs and trade the rest on CAG.

But again I haven't gone there yet, so no PMing me with a pre-emptive trade offer until I can say for sure I have them.[/QUOTE]

well hope you have more luck my local Walmart said they did not give away anything with Red Dead Revolver

so is anyone going to try to return an Amazon copy at Walmart or GameStop? Does GameStop even scan the games? I think I remember them just looking at them and entering info manually, like when I picked up my copy at midnight they didn't scan anything.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I completely forgot to head to Wally World after work and instead just headed straight home. Oh well. Chances are knowing my luck the local WM probably gave away all of their packs of cards by now.

I just wish the fuckin' soundtrack, Deadly Assassin and challenge map codes were completely seperate code vouchers, even though I'm more pissed that the soundtrack is just fuckin' digital code.

What is with the US releases of games getting digital download garbage while overseas releases get physical media in some cases(God Of War III Ultimate Trilogy Edition in the UK comes to mind:bomb:).

I doubt I'll ever even use the code for the soundtrack/etc/etc, so if anyone has a pack of the RDR cards SEALED and wants to do a straight up trade for my code(which I'll email or PM after I get the cards), then let me know.

Oh and my online pre-ordered copy came in today as well, the one that Gamestop 'had packaged' as I was trying to cancel yesterday afternoon. I'm probably returning that to GS tomorrow and dumping the $63.59 on a pre-order of TF: WFC for PS3 for late June.

What pisses me off worse about the package it came in is that the super stealthy UPS fuckin' ninjas dropped it off next to the side door of the house without so much as a knock on the door or ring of the doorbell, like they did with my EA Store package with NINE games in it.:roll:

How hard is it to ring a GD doorbell or knock before hiding the package on the side of the house?[/QUOTE]

Your lucky they even come to your door they dont mine I get a paper in the mail they " did knock at my door " and I have to go to the post office when I was home at that time and day

If any of you are still looking for cards, try going to your nearest 24 hour Walmart. I know in my area it was only the 24 hour Walmart that received the cards, so just a heads up.

[quote name='etcrane']If any of you are still looking for cards, try going to your nearest 24 hour Walmart. I know in my area it was only the 24 hour Walmart that received the cards, so just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

will give that a try

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']oh man you gotta be kidding me the GameStop Special edition Xbox 360 is : 1042539813[/QUOTE]

The SE having a different SKU doesn't surprise me... The packaging is different after all.

I have a set of cards (eBay value: $15) available if anyone is welling to trade for Borderlands for xbox360 (Trade-in value: $13). PM me if interested.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']The SE having a different SKU doesn't surprise me... The packaging is different after all.[/QUOTE]

actually the packaging is 100% the same except for the slipcover, my amazon copy arrived and they are the same

[quote name='ScatterNoise']I have a set of cards (eBay value: $15) available if anyone is welling to trade for Borderlands for xbox360 (Trade-in value: $13). PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]

That is a terrible, terrible comparison.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']That is a terrible, terrible comparison.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Right? Why did he quote ebay for one value and not the other? Oh yeah, because it didn't look as good as the tiv.

[quote name='matthewrex']I have a Deadly Assassin code I'd be willing to trade for the war horse. Similar eBay prices. DLC code for DLC code. Any takers?[/QUOTE]

Look Again.

Most Assassin's Outfits are going for $18-$21 (most are Buy It Now at those prices)

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=As...fit&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

War Horses on the other hand are going for $25-$50 (and most of these are bidding wars).

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...red+dead+redemption&_sacat=See-All-Categories

The kicker is that you can actually use War Horses in online play...

Well either way, it's still a code for a code in trading terms. I think that's fair. I just want the item. Ideally, so would the other trader.

[quote name='dino88']:lol: Right? Why did he quote ebay for one value and not the other? Oh yeah, because it didn't look as good as the tiv.[/QUOTE]

Leave him alone, people want cards, he wants a game. I sold my cards on Ebay for $23.50, if you look at borderlands there are buy nows for $21 that nobody has taken so its not that bad of a trade. Yeah people can ask for $40 on ebay for the game but you have to be dumb to buy it, Preowned from GS is only $33 but who here wants to support them lol.

I bought a copy at walmart last night to get a deck of cards, I'm waiting on my walmart.com copy to get here then I'll return that one.

The deck of cards is so awesome though.

I have some Laura Croft Tomb Raider playing cards sealed from E3 12 years ago so those must be worth thousands. lol

Edit: I got 9 PMs while out, so it's safe to say that although I now have two extra sets, they are spoken for.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='matthewrex']What do you mean by that?[/QUOTE]
Meaning that if you can trust random internet forum users(aka fellow CAG's), you can give your PSN/XBL account info to them and allow them to download the items you have. There are whole groups on CAG that do that, including one that has gone inactive(apparently) where they are supposedly sharing game DISCS back and forth with each other too.

Anyway, I went to Wally World earlier and I scored a single pack of the cards. I may go back in a little while and see if I can grab a few more.;)

They were in some clear plastic wrapping, not in a box or anything and I didn't get a good look at how many packs they had left.

If they have like 10+ I may try for them all, but judging from how empty the wrapper they came out of appeared to look they may only have a few left.:cry:

The Walmart in Corona, CA still has a bunch of decks. I just picked up my copy there. The cashier didn't even know about the promotion until I asked for the cards and apparently some poor guy before me bought the game without asking for the deck of cards.

I picked up a total of 3 packs of the cards earlier today. Two are for me and I may be giving one to a friend of mine. I also may try back to the WM Supercenter in another day or two and see if they still have anymore left.

They had them under the counter in electronics in a clear plastic bag. They probably had about 15-20 packs left(and maybe more in the back as well). I was going to make an offer(like buying a game or something) for the whole bagful, but I decided not to.

I'll probably crack one pack open just to check them out and keep the other one I'm keeping sealed.

So for those looking for packs of the cards, I'd suggest trying a WalMart store(Supercenter or otherwise)before asking for a pack on here, since you may have more luck going there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up a total of 3 packs of the cards earlier today. Two are for me and I may be giving one to a friend of mine. I also may try back to the WM Supercenter in another day or two and see if they still have anymore left.

They had them under the counter in electronics in a clear plastic bag. They probably had about 15-20 packs left(and maybe more in the back as well). I was going to make an offer(like buying a game or something) for the whole bagful, but I decided not to.

I'll probably crack one pack open just to check them out and keep the other one I'm keeping sealed.

So for those looking for packs of the cards, I'd suggest trying a WalMart store(Supercenter or otherwise)before asking for a pack on here, since you may have more luck going there.[/QUOTE]

So you just walked up and said "hey can I have a pack of cards?" ??

Yea I want to go back to my Walmart tomorrow and try to get more packs, what did you say to convince them? If anything I'll show them my receipt from when I got the game Tuesday and tell them I never received cards in the first place.

[quote name='RAZORLAND']I checked the going price for Golden guns, which I received from amazon; at least $40.... If I sell that and with the $20 gc (I have yet to receive), my game is paid for and then some![/QUOTE]

I think they're going for more like $15 or $20 at the moment (and will probably even keep dropping as every CAG with any sense throws their copy up for sale), but still pretty amazing. Definitely glad I didn't punch mine in right away, since I'm putting it up on eBay and like you, thinking I paid about $5 for a game that's getting some of the best reviews I've ever seen. Not too shabby!

If anybody gets an extra set of cards, please pm me. I will try to work something out with ya. Really wanting these but nobody anywhere near me has them.

[quote name='HydroX']So you just walked up and said "hey can I have a pack of cards?" ??[/QUOTE] I lied and said I got the game there.:lol: I also asked them if I could have a pack for my one buddy who collects all of these bonus game items.

The way the guy I asked later responded(said he didn't care)I think I could've probably asked for the bagful if the one other cashier wasn't there and he would've handed me them all.:D

[quote name='Thorgouge']Yea I want to go back to my Walmart tomorrow and try to get more packs, what did you say to convince them? If anything I'll show them my receipt from when I got the game Tuesday and tell them I never received cards in the first place.[/QUOTE]
Just say you didn't get them when you got the game and that could you also have another for a friend.

I am tempted to go back and ask if I could grab more too, since they have the sticker on the game case that's advertising the cards on there so low that you practically have to squat down to see it, so I doubt very many people have even seen it or know they're supposed to get cards with the game.;)

Before I throw the Deadly Assassin's outfit up on eBay, I really would prefer to trade for the warhorse. I ordered a second copy from Amazon for the gold guns, so I have those now, but I didn't want to buy a third copy for the horse, In hindsight, maybe I should've.

If anyone has an extra warhorse code (or simply wants to trade it for the outfit) please shoot me a PM.

[quote name='RAZORLAND']I checked the going price for Golden guns, which I received from amazon; at least $40.... If I sell that and with the $20 gc (I have yet to receive), my game is paid for and then some![/QUOTE]

Where the hell are you getting $40 from?

Seems like the average is $15, and to be frank, I think that is the worst DLC preorder offering. I heard it only applies to a few weapons, and it's just skins...nothing else.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Go...ion&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Either way, good luck selling it.

Well, my haul so far is one deck for me + 8 decks to spread the love on here.(I already have PMs for all decks, so don't bother PMing me if you haven't already please)

I'll post if I get more, but for now they are all taken.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Where the hell are you getting $40 from?

Seems like the average is $15, and to be frank, I think that is the worst DLC preorder offering. I heard it only applies to a few weapons, and it's just skins...nothing else.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Go...ion&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Either way, good luck selling it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're going for about $15, which is a nice further discount off this already insanely discounted game. It apparently applies to the first guns you get, and is advertised as increasing the rate at which you accrue fame when you have them equipped (not that I'd know since I'm selling my code). Not sure if that makes for a better or worse bonus than the other DLC, but there it is. Sounds like golden guns may be the most common anyway since many people got two copies. I'll happily take my $15!

Does anyone know if you ordered the game from walmart online, will you get the cards? I saw no mention of the cards on their website. I actually have a second copy of the game coming from them (first was from gamestop which I received yesterday), and I'm hoping I'll get the deck of cards. I'm going to return the game. The only reason I'm recieving it is because, as it turns out, you can't cancel a pre-order from walmart.com if it came with a giftcard. It's certainly the last pre-order I'll ever make at walmart.com. Or at least I tried twice via email and they never responded and you can't just cancel it from the web page. It's annoying enough that I'll be happy to keep the cards and return the game.

[quote name='crunchewy']Does anyone know if you ordered the game from walmart online, will you get the cards?[/QUOTE]

No, they were only being offered via Midnight Launch purchases (but it seems a few people have been lucky to find some still at their local Walmarts).

You will not receive them from a .com order though.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']No, they were only being offered via Midnight Launch purchases (but it seems a few people have been lucky to find some still at their local Walmarts).

You will not receive them from a .com order though.[/QUOTE]

They easily had 20-30 left at the one Wally World I visited this morning.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']No, they were only being offered via Midnight Launch purchases (but it seems a few people have been lucky to find some still at their local Walmarts).

You will not receive them from a .com order though.[/QUOTE]

Yes you will as long as you preordered (at least thats what it said on their online website)

[quote name='jgiovanni']Yes you will as long as you preordered (at least thats what it said on their online website)[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of anyone receiving the cards via a .com order, but I hope that's the case because that would be a great added bonus. Maybe someone can deny or confirm this who has received an online order?

I went to the closest Wal-mart, it was around 10 A.M. Tuesday, and the guy said they didn't have any cards. Then he said they were sold out of them so I know something fishy was going on there. I went to the newest Wal-mart and they had the sticker on the glass so I asked the girl working there. She checked and said yes and said I had to buy the game to get the cards. I even heard another employee say make sure he buys the game. LOL, soo funny, at least I got the cards.

bread's done
Back