Red Dead Redemption Playing Cards Available Through Ebay

I went to local walmart (bedford, OH) this morning. wasnt feeling as bold as to just ask for a deck so I bought a copy. Then turned around, returned the game and kept the cards.

When I initialy bought the game, the person at the counter was really rude, I dont feel bad about returning it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='matthewrex']Still looking for a desk and a warhorse. Gah.[/QUOTE]

Are you looking for an office desk or a school desk?

[quote name='crunchewy']Does anyone know if you ordered the game from walmart online, will you get the cards? I saw no mention of the cards on their website. [/QUOTE]
The website actually did say you would get the cards. If mine doesn't come with a deck of cars I am complaining to CS. I have a screen shot of the website to prove it too.

[quote name='RAZORLAND']I went to local walmart (bedford, OH) this morning. wasnt feeling as bold as to just ask for a deck so I bought a copy. Then turned around, returned the game and kept the cards.

When I initialy bought the game, the person at the counter was really rude, I dont feel bad about returning it.[/QUOTE]

damnit why didnt i think of this while i was at walmart yesterday :lol:

Damn it, I didn't know this, maybe I'll visit my local walmart to see if they have any, or unless someone wants to work out a deal pm me.

Do all the regular copies of the game at Best Buy include the Warhorse DLC? One could just walk in and pick up the game to get it, right?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Does any of the preorder bonus even work in MP or is it just for the SP?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the war horse works online that's why it's stil $40ish on Ebay...... :roll:
Golden guns are offline only and you can unlock online golden guns by playing.

I wonder if my Best Buy has those preorder boxes with codes still. I should go buy some and profit off dumbasses.

Got $15.xx for my deck of cards after shipping/fees. :D

[quote name='etcrane']Except the preorder boxes didn't have the code ...[/QUOTE]

Oh haha well that sucks. :lol: If they are specially marked packs you could still bust itand keep the game for yourself if you dont already have it and the card will pay for most of the game or vice versa.

If you wanted you could TRY to make $20-25 prolly after fees seperating them on Ebay. By the time your listing comes around the prices will probably drop though. ;) not worth the effort.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I haven't heard of anyone receiving the cards via a .com order, but I hope that's the case because that would be a great added bonus. Maybe someone can deny or confirm this who has received an online order?[/QUOTE]

It was advertised quite clearly on their site:

"Preorder now and receive an exclusive deck of playing cards"

If I do not receive the cards, I'm going to be plenty pissed.

I have 3 extra sets right now.(possibly more if deals fall through)

I'm asking $12 shipped via paypal.

PM me if interested.(I'll let you know if I sell them all)

I've got some sets now for sale as well, so PM me if interested. I gotta say though, after opening one of the packs I wasn't that impressed with the cards. Sure they look kinda cool but not $15 cool.

[quote name='Thorgouge']I've got some sets now for sale as well, so PM me if interested. I gotta say though, after opening one of the packs I wasn't that impressed with the cards. Sure they look kinda cool but not $15 cool.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought they were pretty awesome.

Anyway I ordered from Walmart.com and received the deck of cards with my game today. Just as it was advertised on the website.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I actually thought they were pretty awesome.

Anyway I ordered from Walmart.com and received the deck of cards with my game today. Just as it was advertised on the website.[/QUOTE]

Very nice!

I acquired a deck today, likely will offer it up for a War Horse code.

The guy at the Wal-Mart I went to said there were a lot of people who picked up RDR at the midnight release that didn't care about the cards and turned them down, so he had no problem giving one of the leftovers to me. Why would you turn down something free, especially something as cool as this deck?

Anyway, off to update my trade posts.

Still have two unspoken for decks.

They are, as I said before, wicked cool looking.

Unfortunately one of the ones I got today was completely opened, inner and outer shrinkwrap, and another was missing the outer shrinkwrap.(the inner was still intact though)

Im going to my local walmart to see if they have any decks still and say i bought RDR there but never got the deck ;)

[quote name='dabamus']I have 3 extra sets right now.(possibly more if deals fall through)

I'm asking $12 shipped via paypal.

PM me if interested.(I'll let you know if I sell them all)[/QUOTE]
Geez. How many did you manage to pick up? I felt bad going back a second time for the other two decks I picked up yesterday. Are you hitting the same store for all of these packs?

I wish I had had the guts to ask them if I could buy something(other than the game)from them and get the remaining packs they had though, since I'd like to have some spares to trade.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Geez. How many did you manage to pick up? I felt bad going back a second time for the other two decks I picked up yesterday. Are you hitting the same store for all of these packs?

I wish I had had the guts to ask them if I could buy something(other than the game)from them and get the remaining packs they had though, since I'd like to have some spares to trade.[/QUOTE]

12 sealed, 1 sealed with only the inner shrinkwrap, and two completely opened.(one for me, and one I got today came that way)

I went all over NEOH yesterday and today getting them. I easily hit 8-10 Wally Worlds, including those that didn't have them.(two didn't have any at all)

[quote name='dabamus']12 sealed, 1 sealed with only the inner shrinkwrap, and two completely opened.(one for me, and one I got today came that way)

I went all over NEOH yesterday and today getting them. I easily hit 8-10 Wally Worlds, including those that didn't have them.(two didn't have any at all)[/QUOTE]

Geez. Now I feel really bad for hitting the same Wally World 2x for the 3 packs I got.:cry: But I just don't have the time/patience to be hitting multiple WM stores for these things.

Besides which, with how they placed the ad on the game case offering the cards I don't think very many people are going to see it. So if the rest of the packs are still there by month's end I'll make one final run for them.;)

Can someone with their walmart.com copy post the last 5 numbers of the UPC code? I bought RDR instore(at walmart) while waiting for my walmart.com copy and I just want to make sure they have the same UPC code, since it seems other retailers all have different ones.

I'd be grateful if someone could do that.

[quote name='etcrane']Do all the regular copies of the game at Best Buy include the Warhorse DLC? One could just walk in and pick up the game to get it, right?[/QUOTE]

I went to my local BB and checked all copies, both PS3 and 360. No copies had any special markings.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Where the hell are you getting $40 from?

Seems like the average is $15, and to be frank, I think that is the worst DLC preorder offering. I heard it only applies to a few weapons, and it's just skins...nothing else.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Go...ion&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Either way, good luck selling it.[/QUOTE]
That was the initial going rate for the dlc on day one of the games release (ebay). of course prices have gone down since then.

BTW. Went to another walmart, (North Olmstead, OH.) there were a lot of decks of cards behind the counter.

[quote name='RAZORLAND']That was the initial going rate for the dlc on day one of the games release (ebay). of course prices have gone down since then.

BTW. Went to another walmart, (North Olmstead, OH.) there were a lot of decks of cards behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

Mine had a dozen today but the cashier said you have to buy the game to get one.

[quote name='RAZORLAND']That was the initial going rate for the dlc on day one of the games release (ebay). of course prices have gone down since then.

BTW. Went to another walmart, (North Olmstead, OH.) there were a lot of decks of cards behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

LOL! You're coming close to where I went yesterday. (Bedford, Willoughby, and Mayfield)

BTW, the Mayfield Wally World has PS1 games. I'll post a picture in the discussion/bragging forum once I get it off my phone. (just something I found really funny)

[quote name='dabamus']LOL! You're coming close to where I went yesterday. (Bedford, Willoughby, and Mayfield)

BTW, the Mayfield Wally World has PS1 games. I'll post a picture in the discussion/bragging forum once I get it off my phone. (just something I found really funny)[/QUOTE]
ha! I was in bedford too! not a fan of that walmart...

Well, looks like we were overlapping then yesterday.

You'll be reaching my territory if you come down to Streetsboro and into the Kent/Ravenna/Akron area. :p

Streetsboro had none, btw, only Aurora/Bainbridge.

[quote name='dabamus']Well, looks like we were overlapping then yesterday.

You'll be reaching my territory if you come down to Streetsboro and into the Kent/Ravenna/Akron area. :p

Streetsboro had none, btw, only Aurora/Bainbridge.[/QUOTE]
for people on the outside looking in, goin all out of you way or calling for cards and other tchotchkes is totally absurd, yeah we know. But its all about the "thrill" of the hunt...

btw akron is where I went to school, love that place.

[quote name='RAZORLAND']for people on the outside looking in, goin all out of you way or calling for cards and other tchotchkes is totally absurd, yeah we know. But its all about the "thrill" of the hunt...

btw akron is where I went to school, love that place.[/QUOTE]

University of Akron or high school?

EDIT: yes, what we are/were doing is a bit absurd, but on the bright side I found Cinnamon Toast Crunch at Target for $4.24 for a 2 lb box. I go through it quick enough so I picked up 6 pounds for about $12.70 (Wal Mart charges $4.50 for a 1.5 lb box)

[quote name='dabamus']University of Akron or high school?

EDIT: yes, what we are/were doing is a bit absurd, but on the bright side I found Cinnamon Toast Crunch at Target for $4.24 for a 2 lb box. I go through it quick enough so I picked up 6 pounds for about $12.70 (Wal Mart charges $4.50 for a 1.5 lb box)[/QUOTE]
University. and yeah, you'll definatley find some other cool stuff you didnt expect on your 'journey'....:applause:

[quote name='RAZORLAND']University. and yeah, you'll definatley find some other cool stuff you didnt expect on your 'journey'....:applause:[/QUOTE]
I went to UofA as well. Loved that place too. :D

I miss the exchange. :bomb:

I picked up a Fable II LE guide w/art book at The Exchange in Willoughby yesterday for $15. No sticker residue either since they put a sticker on it under the price label that was a clean-remove sticker.

Also, just picked up another deck of cards at the Austintown, OH Wally World.

Still have a bunch of decks available. Asking $12 shipped just so I don't charge some more than others.

[quote name='RAZORLAND']Anyone get email confirmation from amazon about the $20 g/c or credit yet?[/QUOTE]I wouldn't worry until after May 28th. The deal stipulated that the gift card/code would be sent within 10 days after the game's release.

I'm going to see if I can snag an extra card packs when I go to wally world this weekend. I need to return my extra copy of RDR, so I might as well stop and check. So I've got one pack and I'm hesitant to open it. Am I really going to care about these cards? Maybe I'm better off just selling them, but then I'll be wondering what I missed. So if I can get an extra pack I can sell that and open the other. :)

Well I got my walmart.com copy today, upc matches the one I bought instore so I'm good to go.

Also got a pack of cards, which I'm keeping sealed. Already opened the deck I got instore on tuesday.

Oh man, someone mentioned The Exchange! I used to live in Pittsburgh and that was literally the only place I would ever buy games and movies. I miss it so much; GA has nothing like that as far as I can tell.

Went to Wal Mart last night, bought a copy of Red Dead to get the cards, went in this morning to return the game. Pfft, why pay money for the cards when you can get it for free this way?=P

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Went to Wal Mart last night, bought a copy of Red Dead to get the cards, went in this morning to return the game. Pfft, why pay money for the cards when you can get it for free this way?=P[/QUOTE]
Why go through all the trouble of buying a copy one day and returning it the next when you can just ask an employee for a deck?

[quote name='dino88']Why go through all the trouble of buying a copy one day and returning it the next when you can just ask an employee for a deck?[/QUOTE]

Or 14. :p

[quote name='dino88']Why go through all the trouble of buying a copy one day and returning it the next when you can just ask an employee for a deck?[/QUOTE]

Probably because the employees were told not to give out the decks to non-paying customers. Besides, the Walmart is behind my apartment, so quick trips for me.

fucking sucks that they slap the logo on the backs of the cards. I wish Ellusionist would make a variant of this deck and sell them. They've got some gothic style cards, but none with skeleton face cards or vintage western fonts.

[quote name='dabamus']Or 14. :p[/QUOTE]
:shame: OMG HOARDER!!! It's because of people like you that we can't have good deals.

/sarcasm:lol:

:bow: You are the man for going through the hassle of hitting up Wally World after Wally World and offering these up to those who can't find them.

Of course, I'd still offer up my copy of MAG for PS3 for anyone who can get me another 4 packs of these cards.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shame: OMG HOARDER!!! It's because of people like you that we can't have good deals.

/sarcasm:lol:

:bow: You are the man for going through the hassle of hitting up Wally World after Wally World and offering these up to those who can't find them.

Of course, I'd still offer up my copy of MAG for PS3 for anyone who can get me another 4 packs of these cards.;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I lack the cape so I can't play El Hoardo! :p

I hit up at least 8 different stores to get my 14 or so decks, so I wasn't taking any away from CAGs by any reasoning. All the stores except for one had plenty left after I went through.(one of them gave me their last deck)

bread's done
Back