Red Dwarf Complete Collection $49.99 Amazon

gar3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dwarf-Com...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1259757796&sr=8-2

Personally, I'm only a fan of the first two seasons but the entire run (minus the new stuff on Dave over across the pond) for $50 is a STEAL. If you enjoy Red Dwarf and like me you still do not own any of it, there's never been a lower price on the box set as far as I know. I mean, used sets are still going for over a hundred on Amazon from various sellers :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to assume this is the original format and not remastered? If so, I'd pass because they did a bang-up job with the latter. Word of warning to fans: do not watch the new movie they just put out. It's terrible.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm going to assume this is the original format and not remastered? If so, I'd pass because they did a bang-up job with the latter. Word of warning to fans: do not watch the new movie they just put out. It's terrible.[/QUOTE]Question is, how do you tell which one this might be?

[quote name='shrike4242']Question is, how do you tell which one this might be?[/QUOTE]
My old VHS collection stated clearly on the cover that it was remastered and I don't see it on the covers or in the product description for this. When they first appeared on DVD, they were also the original format so I can only assume remastered was never released. I haven't done any homework on it, so I could be wrong.

I think they only released them by seasons and then put it all together in a series set. Been a looooooong time.

This collection up on Amazon is not the remastered versions. I've already watched the first two seasons included in this collection previously and they were not the remastered ones. I've also seen this collection drop from full-ish price to $130-ish to $100 to now $50. It was $100 for the past three or so weeks. I would think the massive price drop is due to a possible barebones R1 release like the R2 people got last year:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Dwarf-A...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1259781207&sr=8-1

But I could fine absolutely zero info for any upcoming R1 re-release of the DVDs.

[quote name='basis']was is the difference between this set and the remastered set?

is it mostly PQ or content?[/QUOTE]
The opening theme song is completely different IIRC, as well as differences in sound effects, clarity, etc. I watched the show as remastered first and then tried the original, so it may just be personal attachment to having seen it one way first. It just feels more complete and a better experience in the remastered format.

What a deal! I payed $20 a piece for 1-7 but didn't get 8 because it's always been like $40 on it's own. I would say I wish I waited to buy the set for so cheap but that would be a lie since I've watched each one at least twice so far.

Nice, I have been waiting for a good price on this. And if you think the Back To Earth movie was bad, check out the unreleased american pilot.

bread's done
Back