Red Faction: Guerilla (360) $50 w/Free Demons of Badlands DLC at Amazon

Apathy

CAGiversary!
Just saw this over on Amazon:

Buy a Guerrilla, Get a Demon

For a limited time when you order Red Faction: Guerrilla, for the Xbox 360, you can get the "Demons of the Badlands" Downloadable Content.
Shop now

How's the game? Is it worth picking up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started the game in the last few days (bought it when target had the deal of buy 2 get 1 free) and so far I'm having a damn fun time with it, pretty good deal, the dlc came out today, and it $10 so to get the game and the dlc fof free, is a pretty good deal!

Also the game is only $40 at Newegg if you want the game but not the DLC.

I like the game but I'm still working my way through single player. Will probably check out the DLC when I finish.

I love how they don't mention the fact that they upped their price from the $40 they usually have the game to $50... That free $10 DLC doesn't seem so great anymore eh? :\

I loved the original Red Faction. I tried out the demo and do not like at all what they have done with the franchise. Any time a franchise shifts from 1st to 3rd, it's usually not for the better...

This is pretty much the same deal as Amazon selling $40 in the past since the DLC is $10. $50 - $10 = $40. Only good if you were planning to get the DLC anyway

I played this recently and had a lot of fun with it. I didn't really like any of the other RF games, but this one was fun.

Apparently, DotB only has 3 story missions.

Sounds like another rehash of Volition's SR2 DLC crapfests then. Probably not worth $10.

I haven't gotten the game yet but from what I hear it so long and this DLC doesn't bring much new. Personally I'll wait till they bring the price down to 39.99 again.

I have the game and the DLC, and I'll say this - if you like the single player game, you'll like the DLC, however, it is short (3-5 hours to complete all the missions depending on how good you are at the game, but if you like collectathons you'll get some more hours out of that since it does have one), and the missions are pretty much more of the same. They are good, action packed missions, but it's still short. Basically I don't think the DLC sweetens the deal very much if you are on the fence about the game in general. I do like the game though and have no regrets paying full price for it.

The price of this is now 39.99, making it a much better deal.

Especially with ECA, you can potentially get the game and the DLC (normally 800 points) for $36 shipped.

Someone want to update the OP?

Hmm, I have ECA, free 2 day shipping, and just enough left of Amazon credit to get this...but is it worth the $36?

I have a decent backlog as it is with Batman AA & Wanted:WOF be added soon

[quote name='Wario64']This is pretty much the same deal as Amazon selling $40 in the past since the DLC is $10. $50 - $10 = $40. Only good if you were planning to get the DLC anyway[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty much it... i'll skip this one.
Thanks for sharing OP

bread's done
Back