Red Faction: Guerrilla - Gen. Discussion & Info

It was more from what people said but, as for the game. There's nothing, nothing at all wrong with the game actually. It's refreshingly weird. I did have to put it on easy... since normal was a bit much for me starting out... though.

It's going to be a keeper and at $40 it is a Steel!

I just started playing this and I find to be incredibly fun and funny. There's nothing more satisfying than smashing down buildings with a giant hammer. I love trying to run from a falling tower only to have it fall right on my head. The first two were great and this game is right in line with them. I won't be putting this down for a while. I'll try multiplayer eventually, but I want to go through the story first.

I definitely want to get this game but I'm sure the price will go below $40 in a couple months. I still have to finish Prototype and get Wolverine first.

After hearing Cheapy and Wombat rave about this game AN enjoying the demo I think I have to pick this up. I can't go higher than $40 though so I'll be patient for a sale or something...

[quote name='ChernobylCow']OH man, would you people start playing online already? Send me a friend request. The matchmaking is great. (Although a few DCs)[/QUOTE]

Hey I think you are on my friends list, so anytime you see me on send me an invite. I was playing with another cag tonight which was my first night and I had a blast with it. My one complaint is that they group the game types into one mode. I really don't like capture the flag but I enjoy demolition and whatever the other one is. I wish you could just pick what game type you wanted. However the game seems to be pretty fun. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more time on it soon.

Man, brought this over to my friend's house and told him he could borrow it since I would be working, asleep or working. He has more time and is on a break from school. He played through some of the single player and well... I really regret letting him borrow it. It gets better and better as you go on!

Lol sorry chenobyl, probably won't be on multiplayer any time soon.

Christ... 20 hrs to play though it all. That means it will take me 40...

I dropped the difficulty to casual last night and switched to using the nano rifle based on recommendations from the 1up crew. It was WAY more fun after I did that. They should have put a nano rifle training segment in the game so that you realize what it does.

This game should come in the mail tomorrow. Too bad I'll be away all weekend! Oh well, there's always next week. Can't wait to try it out, I picked it up because of CheapyD and Wombat, and that magic $40 Newegg sale the other day.

I don't know why I'm different, but I absolutely HATED the demo for this game (just tried it last night) and can't see why the CAGCast, Signed In, and other gaming podcasts are going ga-ga over this game, other than the destructable environments. Glad I played the demo for this first before doing a blind purchase of this game.

having so much fun with this game.

i like to throw a whole bunch of remote mines on my car, then drive right into the middle of the edf base, ditch it and then BOOM!

Just beat the game. Was fantastic. Will be on my game of the year list for sure. Thanks to cheapy and wombat for talking so much about it on the show, I wasnt going to get it but when it showed up at amazon and newegg for $40 I had to bite. Best $40 i spent all year

i feel like i am playing the same 3 or 4 maps on multiplayer.

thats kind of boring.
there are some cool ones out there, but i always end up on Radial or Settlement...

Our mother always used to tell us that "destroying something beautiful is always
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='VipFREAK']Man, brought this over to my friend's house and told him he could borrow it since I would be working, asleep or working. He has more time and is on a break from school. He played through some of the single player and well... I really regret letting him borrow it. It gets better and better as you go on!

Lol sorry chenobyl, probably won't be on multiplayer any time soon.

Christ... 20 hrs to play though it all. That means it will take me 40...[/QUOTE]

I loved the multiplayer demo- the first one- and will pick this game up sometime. But I had to comment and note that Vip's posts, with the smaller font under the normal sized font, reminds me of Animal Crossing.

Red Faction game night:

Yeah, I'd be interested in this and since I'm one of the first to respond I'm going to suggest Monday nights (anytime) or Tuesday nights (anytime). I don't really attend the other big game nights for 360 so I'm not aware if this would conflict. RF is a little more niche I'd say so I think it'd be safe to overlap.

I believe they just switched up the matchmaking (?) because I played yesterday morning and I was able to just select & play damage control game type. I also saw siege/capflag/etc which I don't remember being in the menu.

RF would be great because it scales really well. Plain ol' deathmatch is a blast with all the randomness of the packs. And even small teams 4v4 would be good for damage control or something silly like siege.

[quote name='Matt Young']I hope your mother gets ass cancer.

Man, these newer bots are annoying.[/QUOTE]

Alright...

Those goons have a game night because it's the only multiplayer game worth playing right now on PS3. ;)

So, I just bought this game and it's still not out of the shrinkwrap, but I played the bejeezus out of the MP demo so if you folks don't mind the new guy coming in I'd gladly play with some fellow CAGs.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Red Faction game night:
Alright...[/QUOTE]

The post before mine was that of a bot. I responded to it. The mods deleted that post, but not mine.

Putting together a game for Monday. Send me an invite and then we'll party up.
Everybody is welcome.
Bring a hammer.

Monday 7/13 7:00 p.m. central

Bump this:

Putting together a game for Monday. Send me an invite and then we'll party up.
Everybody is welcome.
Bring a hammer.

Monday 7/13 7:00 p.m. central

I would be interested in the game night, however can't make it this week since I want to watch the Home Run Derby. So if it's a success count me in for next week.

[quote name='HydroX']Those goons have a game night because it's the only multiplayer game worth playing right now on PS3. ;)

So, I just bought this game and it's still not out of the shrinkwrap, but I played the bejeezus out of the MP demo so if you folks don't mind the new guy coming in I'd gladly play with some fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I just got the game yesterday, and played around a bit in multiplayer and seems pretty sound.

is there anywone I should FR in order to get in on the game (PSN gaming group traitor here :whistle2:#)

[quote name='BlueScrote']I just got the game yesterday, and played around a bit in multiplayer and seems pretty sound.

is there anywone I should FR in order to get in on the game (PSN gaming group traitor here :whistle2:#)[/QUOTE]

Add me. I'm trying to round everyone up for this game. Don't worry. I loved me a few CAG PSN game nights (GTAIV, Warhawk, UTIII)

GG everyone: Rei, Bluescrote, KillingJoke, Cantaloupe.

Our favorite seemed to be siege since it really displays the games strengths...blowing up buildings. The only crappy part is that defending can be difficult simply because you need the Reconstructor which can be hard to find on the fly. My favorite was the level with the high bridge low bridge as the final objectives, running across those trying to repair was hectic.

Yeah siege mode is great, and could be greater with more reconstructors. It can end so quickly for defense if you don't find any. Next time we should do some damage control, I don't get to play enough because hardly anyone plays it. It's mostly the deathmatch playlists along with large mixer and siege that get people playing.

Yeah I don't think I ever found a reconstructor...

I actually liked that one mode where one person has to destroy stuff, and everyone has to protect him.

fun games last night. Most of the games seemed very balance, with us either winning or losing by a small margin. Makes the games exciting.

Yeah, Demolition is fun. Too bad that game we played had us against a team of 2 :roll:.

@Flak, my preferred game modes when I play alone are damage control and anarchy. Just plain ol' deathmatch is awesome in my opinion because there are so many ways to die or kill. Quarantine + Thrustpacks = a leveled map by the end of the game.

I'm going to be gone next week, maybe you guys want to play a little on Sunday?

unfortunately I had to miss out on all the fun. maybe I can randomly catch some of you guys throughout the week, or next Monday at the latest.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']@Flak, my preferred game modes when I play alone are damage control and anarchy. Just plain ol' deathmatch is awesome in my opinion because there are so many ways to die or kill. Quarantine + Thrustpacks = a leveled map by the end of the game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I remember the one time I did anarchy on Quarantine there was pretty much no map by the end.

7pm central is a bit early for me it turns out, but I'll try to make the next one. Hopefully by then I'll have had some multiplayer experience too...

bread's done
Back