• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Any good flips yet? Death stranding and star wars unfortunately are a dollar or two more than what you would get for Trade Credit at GameStop.

Besides being an honest mf, what’s stopping people from buying used games and then telling Redbox you got a paper copy, even if you didn’t, then getting refunded for your purchase?

Besides being an honest mf, what’s stopping people from buying used games and then telling Redbox you got a paper copy, even if you didn’t, then getting refunded for your purchase?
Mainly, they are gonna ask you to return that paper disk to a kiosk for proof. Plus they will investigate to see whoelse rented that same disc, so if they find out you are lying.....you're screwed

Any good flips yet? Death stranding and star wars unfortunately are a dollar or two more than what you would get for Trade Credit at GameStop.
If only GS stores in my area would actually take Redbox games in trade.

The local policy at all of them in my city is to not take anything with a Redbox label on it, due to a high number of people trading in their rentals.

I can't bring myself to pay even $25 for Death Stranding. I'm ambivalent at best about it, so I'll just wait til this summer or next fall when it's < $20.

I owned both games SW and DS from Day one, SW is a must buy, great game and story.  DS is hard to get into, looks great, story strange but ok, but the game is slow with sometimes little meaningless tasks.

I'll probably go ahead and nab Star Wars for $25 on PS4. Kinda glad I held off getting it from BB cause I have no GCU. I'm to the point now where I don't really care about cases as much and I just wanna keep what I buy. Unless GS decides to do a giant trade in bonus but I have pretty much everything I want for the next like year. I'll get cases later on, got a folder of loose Redbox games so screw it lol.

The local policy at all of them in my city is to not take anything with a Redbox label on it, due to a high number of people trading in their rentals.
Goo gone and a hair dryer can fix that in about 5 minutes

Or this.

If you don't have a hair dryer, there's another trick that worked pretty well for me just now. Take some really hot water and dab a small part of a rag or other cloth in it. Set the disc down so the ring is on the wet part of the cloth (face up), and leave it there while you remove the sticker. As long as you have patience and don't rush it, it'll come off in a few pieces.

Heat gun and razor blade will take it off perfectly clean. One thing to remember though, make sure you take off all glue residue, some discs have been known to stick inside your machine. A real pain to get out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It pisses me off when I read about scams like the using of prepaid cards to steal games from Redbox by replacing with fake discs and there is no way to trace who it was. It's crap like this that causes companies to stop part of what they are doing altogether. Back when GCU was discontinued, I remember reading it was abused by sellers using Best Buy as a drop shipper. I don't know how they got around the 3 limit of the same game, but I am sure there was a way to do it (multiple accounts or something).

I somewhat remember someone posted that they would buy thousands of dollars worth of games (they owned an independent game store) and get the account banned and then just sign up for a new Best Buy account and pay the $30 to add GCU each time.

I somewhat remember someone posted that they would buy thousands of dollars worth of games (they owned an independent game store) and get the account banned and then just sign up for a new Best Buy account and pay the $30 to add GCU each time.
Yup, I remember this. I want to say it was here, in the thread announcing it was being discontinued?

My copy of Death Stranding had a whole hand print on it.
Picked up Death stranding and Star Wars today and both disc's looked brand new. No fingerprints at all.
My Fallen Order and Death Stfanding discs were covered with finger prints completely. Devil May Cry 5 had 2 small prints (one on each side of the disc). At first I thought to myself that the ones with the most finger prints were the ones that rented out the most. But I almost clean off my discs before putting into the disc drive, so....

Won't take redbox games but will take scratched to hell non working games? Yeap sounds like gamestop logic to me. lol
Since that incident I have traded NOTHING to them so i dont know what the rules are in my local area now.

Where I work at has a redbox but when I searched for it on Redbox's website it didnt show hmmm
It only shows if that redbox has the game you're looking for. I don't think redboxes are bering restocked once they run out. This sale is probably meant to purge all the locations of their stock since redbox is going away.

It only shows if that redbox has the game you're looking for. I don't think redboxes are bering restocked once they run out. This sale is probably meant to purge all the locations of their stock since redbox is going away.
Redbox said they wanted to get out of the game rental business but it sounded like they still want to sell games so they probably want to get rid of the used game stock and start fresh with new games only next year.

Redbox said they wanted to get out of the game rental business but it sounded like they still want to sell games so they probably want to get rid of the used game stock and start fresh with new games only next year.
How would that work? They would lose money because no one would pay full price for a new game from a Redbox kiosk unless they found a way of distributing the original sealed case as well.

Maybe. There is a good chance stuff like Death Stranding and Star Wars were just opened but never played.
My Star Wars and Death Stranding were played to death going by all the finger prints, palm prints and whatever else that were all over the discs. Devil May Cry 5 only had two partial prints, and Borderlands 3 had a few more. All the discs cleaned off well with water and a micro towel.

No what I meant is when I searched for Redboxes not games that one doesnt even show up at all. Yet it exists

Picked up Borderlands 3 this morning. Thinking about picking up Fallen Order although I’m not a huge Star Wars fan. Anybody played it yet, is there any multiplayer.

Picked up Borderlands 3 this morning. Thinking about picking up Fallen Order although I’m not a huge Star Wars fan. Anybody played it yet, is there any multiplayer.

Single player but a whole lot of fun and good story. Kind of a mix like uncharted games but lightsabers.

Got NBA 2K20 for PS4 yesterday. Had one fingerprint on it. Otherwise it's in near mint condition.

If anyone is interested Sonic Mania Plus for XB1 is $9.

Damn I got Jedi Order but it’s just paper inside of the case. People are still doing this? Wonder how much of a hassle a refund will be.

Damn I got Jedi Order but it’s just paper inside of the case. People are still doing this? Wonder how much of a hassle a refund will be.
Call customer service and tell them what happened. They will ask you to put back the case with the paper and your refund will processed in a few days.

Their Redboxcare twiter account has always been the best for me. Their website now has a live chat so its possible they might be able to help you even quicker since its a live person rather than waiting for a twitter rep to respond.

Any idea if Redbox will drop prices again? I've been eyeing Days Gone, but they're still widely available at $20.

bread's done
Back