• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Only issues I'd have with turning in Redbox games to GS is when they say they can't take em. I tell them I can show them the receipt that I bought it, and they have no issues after that. When I previously worked at GS, my SM/ASM would have no issues with me trading in as many copies as I wanted in a single transaction.

I recently bought Far Cry Primal online from Gamestop. They shipped me the original case but the disc was with a redbox label. They refused to take my redbox game trade in, yet they proceed to sell me a redbox game... I took it right back to gamestop and asked for a disc without the label.

I recently bought Far Cry Primal online from Gamestop. They shipped me the original case but the disc was with a redbox label. They refused to take my redbox game trade in, yet they proceed to sell me a redbox game... I took it right back to gamestop and asked for a disc without the label.
It’s YMMV. I’ve got 3 Gamestop’s here I frequent for trades, one of them will take redbox discs and say “whaaat they’ve got more on sale? I’ve gotta make some trips myself” and then another one will act sketchy asking where I get my trades from all the time, despite me just being upfront (redbox sales, Walmart clearance, Facebook marketplace, yard sales, etc).

In 15 minutes I went to 3 redboxes and found (2) DS3 xbox1, (2) DS3 ps4, (2) Doom xbox1, (2) Doom ps4. Just traded them in at 2 different GS for $108 trade credit. I might clear up my whole area.

High Five Guy ! Aren't you the same guy bragging about your awesome strategy guide selling abilities? You'll be mighty famous around here. Because everyone loves someone who ruins their hobbies! Gotta pay your parents for rent somehow I guess ? But good for you!

High Five Guy ! Aren't you the same guy bragging about your awesome strategy guide selling abilities? You'll be mighty famous around here. Because everyone loves someone who ruins their hobbies! Gotta pay your parents for rent somehow I guess ? But good for you!
Thanks *misses high five*

Heat gun and razor blade works perfectly.
Doom XB1- 11.20

Final Fantasty XV PS4-9.80

Final Fantasty XV XB1-11.20

total-32.20

2nd Haul-

Dark Souls 3 - 15.00

Doom - 12.00

MLB 17 the Show - 13.50

NBA Live 18-13.50 (4.50 right now on M$)

COD WW-41.25 ($38 on M$)

Also, got lucky and found a perfect copy of Mafia II Platinum for 7.99, but how do you install the DLC from disc???

3rd Haul

Dark Souls 3 - 15.00

Doom - 12.00

MLB 17 the Show - 13.50

Final Fantasy XV-12.00

Crazy thing was he put Twitch for my Doom copy and rang up 33.00, but I wanted to be honest and told him it was XB1, he was appreciative, tempting but couldn't do it. Total would have been around $80+. Cleaned out most of the RBs but there are a few more I could pick through, might make one more run, get the last bit of credit I can, at around 180 so far.

4th and last trade-

Lego Worlds-XB1 20.25

Doom PS4-12.00

Mlb 17-12.00

FFXV XB1-12.00

total -57.75

Only issues I'd have with turning in Redbox games to GS is when they say they can't take em. I tell them I can show them the receipt that I bought it, and they have no issues after that. When I previously worked at GS, my SM/ASM would have no issues with me trading in as many copies as I wanted in a single transaction.
Same. The first time I brought a couple in, they expressed concern, but didn't outright say they couldn't take em, I just showed the purchase emails and have never had a problem since.

Realistically, it is more likely for games to be stolen from a retail store than from Redbox as they require a non-prepaid card for rental or purchase. Not like anyone runs around busting open Redbox units.

The GS stores around me won't take them with the sticker on the disc. So I usually remove it before trading any in, just so I avoid problems. But they seem to have no problems selling them. Got copies of Halo 5 and Arkham Knight from them that had those stickers(before going back to swap them out).

Also, got lucky and found a perfect copy of Mafia II Platinum for 7.99, but how do you install the DLC from disc???
Put in the 2nd disc first(the dlc disc). Don't install the actual game disc until that's done, as it seems to screw up the game install. Once the DLC is installed on the hard drive, then install the game and it should work after that.

Put in the 2nd disc first(the dlc disc). Don't install the actual game disc until that's done, as it seems to screw up the game install. Once the DLC is installed on the hard drive, then install the game and it should work after that.
figured it out, had to uninstall the digital copy I had then insert the disc, now its working.

Sooner or later Gamestop will catch on and ban all these resells. If I do recall correctly , they keep track of how much and how many people are trading in.

The fuck? Did they Increase the prices of several games ? Has this happened before?

Knack 2 was $9.99 now back up to $14.99

Pro evolution soccer 2018 was $9.99, now $19.99

The fuck? Did they Increase the prices of several games ? Has this happened before?

Knack 2 was $9.99 now back up to $14.99

Pro evolution soccer 2018 was $9.99, now $19.99
This happens like clockwork, truthfully. The only thing unusual that I can think of is that there's a well defined time period that they advertise their sales for. In this case, I imagine the sale ended, but since it was never advertised we never got the end date.

What's a resell? Gamestop takes games that you own for trade. What's the problem?

Sounds like you're mad because you can't find the games?
Nope, plenty still in stock here (95010).

Reguardless, thats my point. Some people miss out because people without real jobs feel the need to hoard and flip for a few bucks and circle jerk each other here.

It’s a free country though, do whatever you want, and people will continue to freely judge you.

Reguardless, thats my point. Some people miss out because people without real jobs feel the need to hoard and flip for a few bucks and circle jerk each other here.

It’s a free country though, do whatever you want, and people will continue to freely judge you.
People with well paying jobs don't really need to flip and hoard though, they can just buy what they want with the money they earn.

People with well paying jobs don't really need to flip and hoard though, they can just buy what they want with the money they earn.
Ehh, depends. For me, it's just the thrill of the hunt. I have a few gamestops near me and redboxes all in between them. I have an hour lunch break. Yesterday I made some rounds during lunch and bought up a bunch of stuff and divvied up my gamestop trips along the way. Was able to get a Skyrim PSVR bundle plus a couple other games that I resold on eBay to pay for the Redbox sales. Not sure if I'll end up keeping this Skyrim bundle long or not, but for me that's half the fun of it anymore I think.

If people think these Redbox flips are bad, this isn't anything. Does anyone remember the "flipping thread" that was created a few years ago when Gamestop and Best Buy would both sell Visa cards you could buy with credit? There were people who were driving all over town going from gamestop to buy, flipping to best buy and buying stuff there, flipping those to gamestop and ending up back to best buy to get about $10-15 in profit. It was unreal. I'm not exaggerating when I say one guy would go from store to store over $1 and $2 flips.

You aren't entitled to shit when it comes to deals. 

In honor of this topic, I will clean out all the redboxes at lunch and trade them at Gamestop to get a Switch for like half off.

I actually agree with you about the hoarding mentality, but I'm not sure how much it makes people miss out. Yeah, there's the occasional PS4 for $100 or some crazy deal, but these games are on sale because they want to get rid of them. Like your case, for example. You don't want the games, so someone has to buy them. I've done one, MAYBE two items from a store, but have never cleared out stock. Not because I think it's wrong, but I just have no desire to. I know lots of folks with good paying jobs that do this just for the fun/rush of it too.

My area is packed with Farming Simulators for some reason. I can't track them but when I go to pick up other stuff I keep finding them. Great $5--->$21 flip.

My area is packed with Farming Simulators for some reason. I can't track them but when I go to pick up other stuff I keep finding them. Great $5--->$21 flip.
Holy crap that's epic, shame we can't track them anymore. I'll look for some today, thanks for the heads up!

I haven't found any farming simulator, but plenty of PvZ GW2. I just don't really like picking up $10+ games since the return isn't as good. DS III and FF XV have been good to me @ $5->$15. I live in a 160,000 population city bordered by 3 other 100,000+ cities and I never seem to have any competition when it comes to Redbox. I just get to them when I'm in that part of the city a week or two after a new game drops price.

Can't even find Farming Simulator on their site
Yes it's been delisted but some machines still have some. You'd have to go to the machine and check. I hit about 8 machines last weekend picking up other games and didn't see any so you would have to get lucky.

I haven't found any farming simulator, but plenty of PvZ GW2. I just don't really like picking up $10+ games since the return isn't as good. DS III and FF XV have been good to me @ $5->$15. I live in a 160,000 population city bordered by 3 other 100,000+ cities and I never seem to have any competition when it comes to Redbox. I just get to them when I'm in that part of the city a week or two after a new game drops price.
Yeah if you're planning on flipping I'd hold off on the $10 games right now. Remember that each one you buy is one less chance to get it at $5 if and when it drops. I'm happy with 3x the credit myself. I'm sure the GS employees around here hate to see me coming lol.

Side note, I would say farming simulator is definitely worth $5 if you can find it around. None in over a dozen boxes around me unfortunately.

I found Farming Sim 17. Does GameStop take them in a Redbox case?
Yeah, They aren't picky. Traded in a few that were in redbox cases but you can always just take the game out of the case. Not like they give you any additional money for a case, and if you keep it you have a free CD case on top of it.

Yeah, They aren't picky. Traded in a few that were in redbox cases but you can always just take the game out of the case. Not like they give you any additional money for a case, and if you keep it you have a free CD case on top of it.
You guys are lucky, I did a two whole redbox flips last year (And they werent even obvious, nor did I trade repeat games/go overboard) before an employee went Junior Detective on me and called all the surrounding stores to tell them not to accept my trades.

Now I'm too paranoid to trade them with the stickers/in the case and have to remove everything (Which I don't even like doing, because I managed to scratch one of the discs before but luckily it still worked)

Keep your receipt on hand too. Had am employee try to deny my trade this morning saying they've had a lot of theft lately and told me I'd need receipts for everything. Whipped out my email and she grudgingly took everything.

You guys are lucky, I did a two whole redbox flips last year (And they werent even obvious, nor did I trade repeat games/go overboard) before an employee went Junior Detective on me and called all the surrounding stores to tell them not to accept my trades.

Now I'm too paranoid to trade them with the stickers/in the case and have to remove everything (Which I don't even like doing, because I managed to scratch one of the discs before but luckily it still worked)
Two of the stores local to me won't take my standard trades after I was busted going directly from one GS to another with flips, fuck those JD type employees by the way.

Humorously, they'll still take redbox games from me because their policy is I have to show the receipt for any redbox games.

bread's done
Back