State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition XB1 $5.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan X360 $18.99

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 PS4 & XB1 $8.99

Transformers Devastation PS4 & XB1 $8.99

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End PS4 $38.99

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 $13.99

Until Dawn PS4 $13.99

WWE 2K16 PS4 & XB1 & X360 $13.99

Click here to find the used game you want near you: http://www.redbox.com/browse/for-sale-games

Credit to Redbox Games on the Redbox Reddit

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I got lucky... I got a eso and it was a brand new disc. What are the chances of that?
id say pretty good, for that game at least. it doesnt exactly work well as a daily rental game. i would bet its very rarely been rented and played more than once or twice as a glorified demo. maybe the occasional weekend grindfest.

Went to buy Deadpool earlier since I had been wanting to play it but refused to pay full price because of reviews.

I chose the game and did the transaction... out came "The Boy Next Door"

I emailed them and got no response as of yet. :/
at least you got a disc and not a piece of paper

id say pretty good, for that game at least. it doesnt exactly work well as a daily rental game. i would bet its very rarely been rented and played more than once or twice as a glorified demo. maybe the occasional weekend grindfest.
It had to have been never renter there's not a single scratch or finger print on the disc. I've seen some pretty shitty games out of redboxs in my area. It was the only one that had eso in my area too.

Went to buy Deadpool earlier since I had been wanting to play it but refused to pay full price because of reviews.

I chose the game and did the transaction... out came "The Boy Next Door"

I emailed them and got no response as of yet. :/
Don't email, call. You'll get a confirmation that they are processing the refund and a refund will be issued in 1-7 (yes, not 5-7) business days. I had to do it 3 times already

Don't email, call. You'll get a confirmation that they are processing the refund and a refund will be issued in 1-7 (yes, not 5-7) business days. I had to do it 3 times already
Yup, that's what I did Friday, when I bought God of War 3 and got a scanned piece of paper.

The process was quick and painless. They're actually really cool about it.

Seems like a glaring hole in the business model, though. What's to stop me from buying a game, then calling and saying it was a piece of paper, and getting my money back AND a game? Besides morals, obviously.

Yup, that's what I did Friday, when I bought God of War 3 and got a scanned piece of paper.
The process was quick and painless. They're actually really cool about it.

Seems like a glaring hole in the business model, though. What's to stop me from buying a game, then calling and saying it was a piece of paper, and getting my money back AND a game? Besides morals, obviously.
I figure you can only do this a couple times before they aren't so nice about it. Plus people that are doing this are mostly likely using stolen or prepaid credit cards.

I guess I should be impressed that I bought three games and they were all like new. Each time a case comes out of the machine I prepare for disappointment.

I bought 50 discs in past few weeks.  Got 50 discs.  But I'm not in a big city.  We have 1 Best Buy and 2 Gamestops.  Next closest ones are 100 miles away.  

Only 1 disc stood out.  Someone obviously spilt something on it and didn't bother to clean it.  Pretty gross. 

Well the agent I spoke to asked me to put the empty back in the machine. Now obviously I could have take the game like you said but the more you do that and they track and 'solve' the cases of empty cases, the more likely it is you'll get caught. Not worth it for $9 games (or any games for that matter--I imagine getting a refund for the $38 ones wouldn't be so easy)

I got a Casa Mi Padre blu ray with the center sticker barely attached to it and scratched instead transformers devestation, and my deadpool blu was full of scratches along the middle, so I told them I removed the sticker to see if the scratch was that deep. They refunded me and told me to just put them back into a kiosk, but if they have no stickers now how would I do that lol

I got a Casa Mi Padre blu ray with the center sticker barely attached to it and scratched instead transformers devestation, and my deadpool blu was full of scratches along the middle, so I told them I removed the sticker to see if the scratch was that deep. They refunded me and told me to just put them back into a kiosk, but if they have no stickers now how would I do that lol
Red box takes back empty cases

Went in today with God of War, Deadpool, and State of Decay (I thought I had bought all of the SoD in my area already). Values were all lower in the system...but were still higher according to the app. Even though my phone was dead, GS dude used his phone, saw the higher values and adjusted everything accordingly.

Couple hours later...app matched the in-store system. Just beat the buzzer, apparently.

Managed to do that Deadpool flip a couple days ago and then bought Mad Max to play, came out to about $2 out of pocket. 

Picked up the MCC.  Disk was in perfect shape, which was a surprise.  Been wanting this game for a while.  Thanks OP!

Can you reserve and then just buy it instead?
you might be able to rent something, go to the box and then immediately return it. I did that with deadpool for ps4 to make sure that it didn't have the redbox rental text on it. but i can't be 100% sure that the disc i rented and then returned was the same one that was available for purchase a few seconds later.

Other than just looking at review scores, is there a consensus between these three games: Mad Max, Transformers, or Tony Hawk (post patch)? I know they're all different but I'm just looking for something fun that's not a huge time sink.

Other than just looking at review scores, is there a consensus between these three games: Mad Max, Transformers, or Tony Hawk (post patch)? I know they're all different but I'm just looking for something fun that's not a huge time sink.
Madmax is a good bet just based on fun. If you are a big transformers fan you may like the game for a bit but it is more like Bayonetta but with transformers. Gets repeatative too. Apparently TH is better after the patch but you have to be a big fan to survive it even after the patch, I think.

Madmax is little longer of the three, if thats a factor. Transformers is a good rental, for a fan.

Mad Max>Transformers>Dookie>THPS5

Even at $9 that game is pretty bad. Mad Max is pretty awesome, feels like a little like arkham set in the Mad Max universe. Transformers feels like a poor man's bayonetta, but if you're a fan of the 80s cartoon they nailed that pretty darn good.

Mad Max is really fun. Haven't played Transformers. Tony Hawk isn't as bad as everybody makes it out to be. I could see the disappointment if you paid $60 for it, but at $9 its worth the price. Its not as good as the originals but its still fun.

Mad Max > TH Transformers?

you might be able to rent something, go to the box and then immediately return it. I did that with deadpool for ps4 to make sure that it didn't have the redbox rental text on it. but i can't be 100% sure that the disc i rented and then returned was the same one that was available for purchase a few seconds later.
Thanks anyway! I ended up just buying it that evening. Snagged Batman and THPS5

My transformers copy had rental text on it but luckily this gamestop employee I'm cool with, didn't care. I didn't even play deadpool or transformers and just traded them in. So hard to find elder scrolls online, god of war, bf hardline, and ffx2 though.

For how long do these weekend bumps hold out for?

Are there way to avoid rental fee?? I tried 3 red box so far, all my purchased are paper copy. I am tired of calling red box csr.

Mad Max is a blast. A steal @ $9. :twoguns:   I picked up Deadpool (PS4) today & it only had the Center Sticker (Central Florida - Cocoa Area).

bread's done
Back