Redbox Used Game Sale (5/1-5/8)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Games are disc only and must be purchased at kiosks.

There isn't currently a way to check kiosks but you can find a list of kiosks that stock games here: http://www.redbox.com/preowned

Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations PS4 $8.99

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate PS4/XB1 $28.99

Assassin’s Creed: Unity XB1/PS4 $8.99

Batman Arkham Knight PS4/XB1 $18.99

Battlefield Hardline PS4/PS3/X360 $5.99

Bloodborne PS4 $8.99

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition PS4/XB1 $8.99

The Elder Scrolls Online PS4/XB1 $8.99

Fallout 3 X360/PS3 $8.99

Final Fantasy X/X-2 PS4 $8.99

God of War III Remastered PS4 $8.99

Halo: The Master Chief Collection XB1 $8.99

Just Cause 3 PS4/XB1 $28.99

Kung Fu Panda The Showdown of Legendary Legends PS4/XB1 $8.99

Life is Strange PS4/XB1 $28.99

Mad Max PS4/XB1 $18.99

MLB The Show 15 PS4/PS3 $8.99

Mortal Kombat X PS4/XB1 $18.99

PayDay 2 Crime Wave Edition PS4/XB1 $5.99

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell PS3/X360 $5.99

Saints Row Re-Elected PS4/XB1 $5.99

Sniper Elite III Afrika PS4/XB1 $8.99

Spongebob Heropants X360 $5.99

State of Decay Year One Survival Edition XB1 $5.99

Tearaway PS4 $8.99 The Order 1886 PS4 $5.99

Ultimate Action Triple Pack PS3 $5.99

Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack PS3 $5.99

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 $18.99

Until Dawn PS4 $18.99

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt PS4/XB1 $8.99

Grabbed UC collection for $18.99 paid $31.99 at GS less than a week ago so taking it back for store credit. Also grabbed RE revelations 2 for XBone for $6 as I never played past the first episode. Thanks for the heads up wife is gonna check another redbox for halo collection because the 3 I went to didn't have it. Also none of them had witcher.

I managed to find Divinity but it came up 28.99. The location also had Tearaway for 18.99 instead of the price listed in the OP.

Got GOW 3 Remastered then accidentally cracked the disc while trying to removing that sticker. Oh well, I've lost $10 in worse ways and learned a lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a chance that one of these games could be there and at a box that sells games but isn't for sale. I have a copy of Bloodborne available but the box wouldn't let me buy it?
That's very possible. Some of that game will be set aside to rent while other copies are available to buy. You may have visited a box that had sold all it's "for sale" copies of that game. Hope that clears it up for ya!

From what I have experienced only the 7-11s and Walgreens locations sell games. Not CVS or alberstons well atleast that's been the case for me.
i think the walgreens are good bets as all 3 sell games in my area, cvs also sells games here, but it seems that none of the mcdonalds or grocery store locations sell games, around me at least.

Got GOW 3 Remastered then accidentally cracked the disc while trying to removing that sticker. Oh well, I've lost $10 in worse ways and learned a lesson.
I also "broke" a GOW 3 Remastered. After using a hair dryer and when I was peeling off the sticker, I ended peeling off a good portion of the front label that was under the redbox sticker. Now I don't even mess with taking off the sticker.

I also "broke" a GOW 3 Remastered. After using a hair dryer and when I was peeling off the sticker, I ended peeling off a good portion of the front label that was under the redbox sticker. Now I don't even mess with taking off the sticker.
What's odd is I also bought hardline and mlb 15 for PS3 just as trade in fodder and I easily removed those stickers without any damage to the disc.

Then GOW 3, the one I intended on keeping cracks and cracks badly.

Live and learn.

Gas stations, food lions, and Walgreens are the only places I've been able to buy games at

Hmm I wonder if you rent a game from a box that doesn't sell games then return it to a box that does can you buy it??

Gas stations, food lions, and Walgreens are the only places I've been able to buy games at

Hmm I wonder if you rent a game from a box that doesn't sell games then return it to a box that does can you buy it??
Someone asked the same question on Reddit and the response from the Redbox response was they're not sure if that would work and they don't officially have any comment and don't officially endorse it.

I was able to get Bloodborne, Halo: MCC, and State of Decay at the King Soopers Redbox in Breckenridge.  The only place in town where you can buy video games.  All were at the advertised prices.

First 2 I went to had a lot of game, just grabbed Kung Fu Panda for $8. the ones for $28 are way to high will wait for next drop.

Also, for any that havent played State of Decay, great game, steal at this price.

I would assume whoever coded the software never accounted for two disk releases. So the machines can't just pop out two disks for one order.

Basically blame computer science majors
No, blame the product manager or Redbox for not accounting for it. If it was in the work order, then the CS major would do.

Glad to see Cheapy posting too.

I would assume whoever coded the software never accounted for two disk releases. So the machines can't just pop out two disks for one order.

Basically blame computer science majors
They could have double disc plastic cases but i guess they couldn't verify the code on the 2nd disc then. Doesn't matter anyway the 360 is on it's way out. Won't have to deal with the double discs anymore.

Sadly the little button along the bottom in the games section that says "For Sale" does not in fact bring up all of the games that are on sale... Luckily I caught that before I moved on from that store assuming I had seen what they had. 

Not that it mattered, didn't find any of the many titles I was looking for at the 7 kiosks I made it to during a lunch break  :cry:

These are good sales though Redbox_Games rep person, keep it up.

Thanks! I just got ESO and Battlefield Hardline for just a bit over $16. Was tempted by God of war 3 remastered but passed on it for now since i have it on PS3

Stopped at 2 CVS and got Halo: MC Collection and State of Decay.  I also picked up SpongeBob Heropants since the trade to GS is good.  Any good ways to remove these stickers?

Edit: It seems a careful use of the hairdryer does the trick.

I was able to grab Bloodborne and FFX/X2 HD on ps4 for a total of $19. Both games look perfect, except for a single fingerprint on the FF disc that I easily rubbed off.

Would you mind sharing the location of this kiosk so we can dig into this further? Thanks!
Do you guys actually do anything with the information? Last time you just told me "Each Redbox location is considered a separate location." as the reason why items were not on sale.

Do you guys actually do anything with the information? Last time you just told me "Each Redbox location is considered a separate location." as the reason why items were not on sale.
We do. If the location sells games but the prices are not reflecting the sale then there's probably a technical glitch somewhere in our systems. If you are OK with sharing the location we'll ask a field tech to investigate what's happening with that specific kiosk. :)

The Marsh Grocery store in Middletown, OH has Divinity for both PS4 and the Xbone for anyone looking. 

Battlefield Hardline XB1 is $5.99 in addition to the other formats.

I'm interested in trading for Divinity XB1. I have FFX, Halo MCC, and possibly Bloodborne. Could get Kung Fu Panda, Adventure Time, or Elder Scrolls Online.

Thought I was done with this sale but picked up :ps4: Sniper Elite III Afrika. Always wanted to the complete edition but I'll settle for a $9 used copy instead.  

Is there a trick for knowing if a Redbox will actually sell a game it has?  There is one out of my way that has Halo MCC.  Not worth the drive over if they don't actually sell games.  

I could have sworn there was a second URL to verify it was actually a redbox that would sell the game.

Is there a trick for knowing if a Redbox will actually sell a game it has? There is one out of my way that has Halo MCC. Not worth the drive over if they don't actually sell games.

I could have sworn there was a second URL to verify it was actually a redbox that would sell the game.
Use cheapy's link in the OP

bread's done
Back