Redbox Used Game Sale (5/1-5/8)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Games are disc only and must be purchased at kiosks.

There isn't currently a way to check kiosks but you can find a list of kiosks that stock games here: http://www.redbox.com/preowned

Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations PS4 $8.99

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate PS4/XB1 $28.99

Assassin’s Creed: Unity XB1/PS4 $8.99

Batman Arkham Knight PS4/XB1 $18.99

Battlefield Hardline PS4/PS3/X360 $5.99

Bloodborne PS4 $8.99

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition PS4/XB1 $8.99

The Elder Scrolls Online PS4/XB1 $8.99

Fallout 3 X360/PS3 $8.99

Final Fantasy X/X-2 PS4 $8.99

God of War III Remastered PS4 $8.99

Halo: The Master Chief Collection XB1 $8.99

Just Cause 3 PS4/XB1 $28.99

Kung Fu Panda The Showdown of Legendary Legends PS4/XB1 $8.99

Life is Strange PS4/XB1 $28.99

Mad Max PS4/XB1 $18.99

MLB The Show 15 PS4/PS3 $8.99

Mortal Kombat X PS4/XB1 $18.99

PayDay 2 Crime Wave Edition PS4/XB1 $5.99

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell PS3/X360 $5.99

Saints Row Re-Elected PS4/XB1 $5.99

Sniper Elite III Afrika PS4/XB1 $8.99

Spongebob Heropants X360 $5.99

State of Decay Year One Survival Edition XB1 $5.99

Tearaway PS4 $8.99 The Order 1886 PS4 $5.99

Ultimate Action Triple Pack PS3 $5.99

Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack PS3 $5.99

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 $18.99

Until Dawn PS4 $18.99

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt PS4/XB1 $8.99

Is there a trick for knowing if a Redbox will actually sell a game it has? There is one out of my way that has Halo MCC. Not worth the drive over if they don't actually sell games.

I could have sworn there was a second URL to verify it was actually a redbox that would sell the game.
@jimbo8574 You can always check out http://www.redbox.com/preowned?icamp=gb:bttn:preownedgames:3:3:2016, when you search your zip code machines that sell games should pop up. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out!

Also found a Bloodborne that was on the game locator but that store previously was not selling games. Recently the store is on preowned locator and I finally was able to get it.

Still cant find Divinity PS4 or the Witcher.3 PS4.   Can trade for Bloodborne?

Last edited by a moderator:
Went on the hunt for Divinty or Witcher for PS4 but came up empty. Got a copy of Elder Scrolls Online though. Really wish you guys could figure out a way to include the art, even if we had to pay a shipping fee of a few bucks. That's what's a deal breaker for a few of them for me.

Went on the hunt for Divinty or Witcher for PS4 but came up empty. Got a copy of Elder Scrolls Online though. Really wish you guys could figure out a way to include the art, even if we had to pay a shipping fee of a few bucks. That's what's a deal breaker for a few of them for me.
Hmm, interesting idea on the art. It's something we could look into but we would need a sense of how many people would be interested first. Would it be worth $3-$5 to help cover the cost of shipping?

It would be worth $3 if that makes the copy complete - box + any sleeves/art.

A generic bubble mailer - media mail - at USPS is about $3, no? No one would need a priority mail on this but making that optional, for additional cost can benefit.

i agree with paying a little more to get the case and artwork. I love having the physical case to display with all the other back log games ill never have time to play. but usually no case means no deal for me. Unless its for trade purposes only. But keepers need cases

It would be worth $3 if that makes the copy complete - box + any sleeves/art.

A generic bubble mailer - media mail - at USPS is about $3, no? No one would need a priority mail on this but making that optional, for additional cost can benefit.
The problem is that RB doesn't get complete copies of the game (from what I've been told), they just get disk-only copies of the game. RB is sure welcome to prove me wrong though. :)

Tried renting master chief from one box, returning to a purchase box, and buying. Didn't work. I don't know if that means MCC isn't for sale anymore or if only certain boxes sell certain games, or if maybe it has to sit in the box a bit before registering for sale? Either way, wasted a rental haha.

Tried renting master chief from one box, returning to a purchase box, and buying. Didn't work. I don't know if that means MCC isn't for sale anymore or if only certain boxes sell certain games, or if maybe it has to sit in the box a bit before registering for sale? Either way, wasted a rental haha.
This process either doesn't work at all or doesn't work on a consistent basis, which was determined by one of the previous Redbox threads (and I want to say confirmed by them officially as well)...

I believe they said the game itself had to be a specific copy flagged for sell So I'm sure there is a set period of time and/or a set amount of rentals per game that has to be met before a copy is flagged.

What's odd is I also bought hardline and mlb 15 for PS3 just as trade in fodder and I easily removed those stickers without any damage to the disc.

Then GOW 3, the one I intended on keeping cracks and cracks badly.

Live and learn.
Same here, had no trouble removing it from other ps4 games, but the GoW label came off underneath with the Redbox label in some areas so I had to put the Red box label back on for about 1/3 of it lol. I ended up having to leave it with random stickered spots around the center...the adhesive whatever likes the ink/paint whatever on GoW a little too much lol.

In my area, games can be brought from boxes at Circle K/Shell, Winn Dixie, CVS, Walgreens. Can't be brought from Publix and Walmart.

- That’s not the way it’s supposed to happen. Please email us at [email protected] and we’ll try to solve your problem as soon as we can.
freshzen, on 06 May 2016 - 9:34 PM, said:

I bought a game and it had a paper print out of the disc instead of the actual disc. How can I get my money back?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had this same thing happen with a copy of Halo Master Chief Collection. It was a paper copy. Redbox needs to really get this under control as it is annoying.

so, you might want to check your statements on whatever card you used for redbox. i have a $94 charge pending, and of course these kiosks dont give receipts so im just going to file a claim with my CC. not worth getting into with redbox about it.

before the "you rented one by accident" replies, they already charged me in full for both purchases i made. so if something was rented, it wasnt by me.

so, you might want to check your statements on whatever card you used for redbox. i have a $94 charge pending, and of course these kiosks dont give receipts so im just going to file a claim with my CC. not worth getting into with redbox about it.

before the "you rented one by accident" replies, they already charged me in full for both purchases i made. so if something was rented, it wasnt by me.
Do you not opt for the kiosk to send you an email receipt? As long as you use the same card you only have to type your email address once because you are remembered after that.

Holy shit, did they use a dremel to take the label off??
article-1352697-0D01D66B000005DC-758_468x286.jpg

Wondering where everyone is finding Witcher 3 and Divinity? Here in TX I dont recall seeing it for rent and for certain, for sale.

Do you not opt for the kiosk to send you an email receipt? As long as you use the same card you only have to type your email address once because you are remembered after that.
hmm, didnt realize that was an option, will make sure to do that in the future. i thought they just wanted the email to sell.

@ritchardf Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take fraud seriously and hate for anyone to experience billing surprises, we are happy to take a look at the transaction for you. Also, please understand all cards have to by physically swiped at the machine for the discs to vend. If you haven't already please email us at [email protected] with the rental info and we'll try to help resolve this concern as quickly as possible.

Kind of a silly question, but are Redbox games always the same as any standard retail version? I've heard some of their movies can be missing special features and other things from the DVD you'd get at best buy or target.

Kind of a silly question, but are Redbox games always the same as any standard retail version? I've heard some of their movies can be missing special features and other things from the DVD you'd get at best buy or target.
as far as I can tell they are. At least with current gen games it would patch to the retail version of the code once installed anyways

bread's done
Back