Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread Eight(MODS: Please lock, Thread Nine is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops or which ones you've grabbed to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Furthermore, I would like to thank our Wiki editors HeatDolphin and Rocko for updating the Wiki. Great job.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trading Clearinghouse(old one, locked now):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Game Guide Trade Thread(current one):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(please keep all conversation NOT related to guide drops HERE. Thanks.): http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

Guide Lists:

Master Drop List(by store, alphabetically):
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28master_lists%29

Recent Guide Drops(by date):
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28recent_drops%29

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:
Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50515&highlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142400

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
B&N
BestBuy
Borders
BookPool
CircuitCity
Gamestop
Overstock
StrategyGuide.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, who did threads 3,4,5 and 6 and provided me with the links to them.

Thanks to Gwen for allowing me the honor of giving something back to CAG by doing this new guide thread. I hope you all enjoy it and it isn't TOO hard to read.

[quote name='schultzed']You suck . . . :)[/QUOTE]
I went back an hour later because my brother wanted to pick up a few. Someone had absolutely decimated the place. All guides with any resell value had been grabbed, in some cases there were over 15 of each that were gone. I'm kind of wishing I had just grabbed everything in the store instead of letting them become SD/FW ebay locust fodder. Hell, I'd prefer to give em away for cost here on CAG than surrendered to the locust.

Oh well.

[quote name='speedracer']I went back an hour later because my brother wanted to pick up a few. Someone had absolutely decimated the place. All guides with any resell value had been grabbed, in some cases there were over 15 of each that were gone. I'm kind of wishing I had just grabbed everything in the store instead of letting them become SD/FW ebay locust fodder. Hell, I'd prefer to give em away for cost here on CAG than surrendered to the locust.

Oh well.[/quote]

Thats the exact reason I snagged 50 guides. Normally i snag like 2 of each but I knew this wasnt going to go well for CAG members with it on FW/SD

Apparently, my BB no longer has the guides on the floor. They're in the damned back room now! The media monkey had to get them as he was unaware of the drop and would only give me one of each, oh well. I got only one of each of the guides I needed (Advance Wars, Bioshock, Resident Evil, FF12) but I think someone at my local BB got a message to keep them in back.

Just saw this thread an hour ago with the new drops so ran out to my BB figuring I had little chance of finding anything. To my surprise and for the second straight guide drop in a row, rather than pulling them, my BB had the guides marked with 1 cent price tags and sitting on the shelves. Picked up 2x RE:UC, 2x AWoR, 2x Final Fantasy XII: Wings, 1x DQM, a lone God of War II from God of War knows where, and the last 4 Bioshocks.

That was all they had of those guides. I left Halo 2 and some NCAA 08's marked at a penny on the shelves.

Thx for the heads up guys and thank you local BB for no longer pulling these first thing in the morning!

Well, oddly enough I got 4 copies of the Gears of War guide. I left about 6 others. Kind of strange that those are all still there, but everything that dropped today was gone. They also had an Oblivion guide, but it rang up at $9.99 for some reason (why is that?).

I just got off the phone with BB support, though, and apparently all of the guides are being shipped to me free of charge, so I'm REALLY hoping that pans out.

Thanks to the guy who posted this this morning!

Went to BB in Rockville, MD and found a bunch of guides priced (actual BB sticker for .01 on them). Brought them to the register, cashier said he would have to talk to his manager. Manager comes over and says, we can't sell you these, they should have been destroyed. I said I understand, but they are priced at .01 and even listed on the shelves at .01. He said he couldn't sell them and walked away. I call BB CS and the CS asks to speak with the manager. I tell him very politely (thinking I need to be nice to get this to go through) that the CS rep would like to speak with him. He takes my phone, turns his back on me and walks about 10 feet away. I wait patiently and finally he brings my phone back, walks over to the stack by the cash register, picks them up and walks away. He did not say one word to me and when I get back on the phone with the BB CS, he tells me that the manager refused to sell them and there was nothing he could do. It was very frustrating considering they were actually stickered at a penny. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

[quote name='thebob101']Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh![/quote]

I agree, that would piss me off. When I took my guides up to the counter the kid rang them up and was like "whoa, a penny?" the cashier next to him was like "what the hell?". I was like "and THAT'S why I'm buying four!" I explained to them what was going on, they thought it was awesome. I'm glad I didn't have some jerks to deal with, only clueless kids.

[quote name='thebob101']Went to BB in Rockville, MD and found a bunch of guides priced (actual BB sticker for .01 on them). Brought them to the register, cashier said he would have to talk to his manager. Manager comes over and says, we can't sell you these, they should have been destroyed. I said I understand, but they are priced at .01 and even listed on the shelves at .01. He said he couldn't sell them and walked away. I call BB CS and the CS asks to speak with the manager. I tell him very politely (thinking I need to be nice to get this to go through) that the CS rep would like to speak with him. He takes my phone, turns his back on me and walks about 10 feet away. I wait patiently and finally he brings my phone back, walks over to the stack by the cash register, picks them up and walks away. He did not say one word to me and when I get back on the phone with the BB CS, he tells me that the manager refused to sell them and there was nothing he could do. It was very frustrating considering they were actually stickered at a penny. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh![/quote]

TheBob, that totally sucks!!! Feel for ya man. Did you catch the name of the mgr who wouldn't sell them??

There's one there who is usually a complete tool about price matching and penny guides.

Wow at thebob101's story.

Every store manager I've run into has been awesome about it. They just sit back and laugh about it, and try to get me to take more penny stuff. There has been only one time where I've run into an issue, and that was from a cashier that didn't want me to leave paying only 7 cents for 7 guides. Even then, the manager kind put her in her place about it.

[quote name='phorrest']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Guides&sp=+currentprice+skuid&id=abcat0711000
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin 8695575
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles 8630458
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 8630261
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings 8624875
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 8624857
Sim City Societies 8604913
Halo 3 (Spanish Edition) 8554744
World In Conflict 8535374
Bioshock 8513833
Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Agmar World 8400045
Halo 2 (PC) 8355022

Are all a penny on the BB site.[/QUOTE]

Well, CRAP! I was all over CAG last night and the last I checked this thread I saw the post RIGHT BEFORE THIS! ARGGHHH! And after seeing there were no real drops at Target I was hoping to not have to go out tonight. But I just can't pass up trying to get AW, DQM, FF XII, and Bioshock.

Anyway, I'm also quoting this since pages of discussion have gone on without referencing the complete list of what dropped - had to go way back to find it ;).

[quote name='jgamezcua']TheBob, that totally sucks!!! Feel for ya man. Did you catch the name of the mgr who wouldn't sell them??

There's one there who is usually a complete tool about price matching and penny guides.[/quote]

Donnel (sp?), I was trying to be as cool as I possibly could be (again, thinking the nicer I am, the better chance I have of getting the guides), but he wanted nothing to do with it. If he would of just given me a reasonable excuse, I would of just walked away.

Hmmm...let's keep things on-topic, guys and gals. Cost of shipping guides clearly belongs in the discussion thread, as well as trade-related posts that aren't even at least thinly veiled.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Hmmm...let's keep things on-topic, guys and gals. Cost of shipping guides clearly belongs in the discussion thread, as well as trade-related posts that aren't even at least thinly veiled.[/quote]The shipping discussion posts have been moved to the deal discussion thread. The rest of it, that's going to take a little more to sort out.

[quote name='jgamezcua']TheBob, that totally sucks!!! Feel for ya man. Did you catch the name of the mgr who wouldn't sell them??

There's one there who is usually a complete tool about price matching and penny guides.[/quote]

Yep, and there's a name for them...

Douche.

Message to lurker(s) from SD and FW.
Do you enjoy this infrequent opportunity? Yes?
Please consider what you are doing by reposting it on a site that doesn't give a tinkers dxxn about gaming.
I was in a BB store today and the manager's are more aware than ever of their penny guides.
What might this mean? Well, the negative conversation and the mention of the weekly conference call with their DM led me to believe this might be going away.
I guess "ignorant/aggressive" people have been calling and demanding "penny guides" all day.
Not a good way to kick off a week for store's management.
Perhaps this is just a fluke at this store, perhaps not....
Just a thought for those who repost/copy/paste, keeping it a lil less high profile might benefit yourself....
Just a thought....

Ok, down off "dusty" soapbox, and move this to discussion where the folks I am trying to reach never read....

[quote name='io']Well, CRAP! I was all over CAG last night and the last I checked this thread I saw the post RIGHT BEFORE THIS! ARGGHHH! And after seeing there were no real drops at Target I was hoping to not have to go out tonight. But I just can't pass up trying to get AW, DQM, FF XII, and Bioshock.

Anyway, I'm also quoting this since pages of discussion have gone on without referencing the complete list of what dropped - had to go way back to find it ;).[/quote]

Please check post #2 on page 1 of the thread, as I put a current list of guides that dropped(WITH the DATE they dropped) into that post so CAGs wouldn't have to go through and sift through multiple 'I got zyx and abc and xyz guides at such and such store' posts to find the relevant info.

Of course, it DOES also make it MUCH easier for the people from SD/FW to cut/paste those posts, but I did it for the ease of my fellow CAGS(and of course I was following the same scheme that Gwen used when she ran the last guide thread, since it seemed to work well).

Here is my story with the Riverdale Ut store. Last night I stopped by Best Buy and noticed the Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles was $8.50. That got me to thinking that a new batch of penny guides was coming with the beginning of the month. I hid 4 guides that I thought my be going/have gone penny over in the PC guide section behind Hellgate London. I hid Fire Emblem, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Advance Wars, and Final Fantasy 1. Last night/early this morning I saw the drops happen on the website. Thinking that a penny guide in-store pick up order was a long shot I ordered Advance Wars and Bioshock with the regular shipping which came out to $10 and some change. This morning I was at Best Buy at 10am right when they opened and all the newly dropped guides were gone. ALL of them, even the ones I hid. They are being smarter about the guides and checked everywhere for them. The Final Fantasy guide was still there which I learned last night had dropped a while ago and I snagged that one right up. I picked up a Fire Emblem guide at $10 since I figured the penny guide days were over. As I stopped by the games section one last time I saw a young lady with a cart pulling some games from the shelves. I looked on the bottom shelf of the cart and there were my beloved penny guides. I lurked around pretending to look at Xbox games for about 5 minutes waiting for the opportune moment. As soon as a customer distracted her and she left to help him I snagged up some guides all James Bond style. I grabbed 2x Final Fantasy 12 RW, 1 X Advance Wars, and 1 X Resident Evil. They had no Bioshock guides. I didn't really want to push my luck so that was all I grabbed. As I was on my way out I grabbed some ink and paper to disguise my purchase and headed to the checkout. I made a big deal out of getting my paper free with ink pack purchase with my reward zone card to distract the cashier. There were two cashiers and neither seemed to notice the penny guides. I paid and was on my way. I only wish I could have grabbed more but I am lucky to get what I got to trade.

It really depends on the store. Both stores I went to had the cashier asking me if the guides were clearanced or pennied out when I checked out. They know full well they get marked down but they don't care

Picked up a bunch. Thanks again :D

Found the 2 that I really wanted:

Folklore (Not sure if that was new or not)
Resident Evil UC

[quote name='Purkeynator']Here is my story with the Riverdale Ut store. Last night I stopped by Best Buy and noticed the Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles was $8.50. That got me to thinking that a new batch of penny guides was coming with the beginning of the month. I hid 4 guides that I thought my be going/have gone penny over in the PC guide section behind Hellgate London. I hid Fire Emblem, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Advance Wars, and Final Fantasy 1. Last night/early this morning I saw the drops happen on the website. Thinking that a penny guide in-store pick up order was a long shot I ordered Advance Wars and Bioshock with the regular shipping which came out to $10 and some change. This morning I was at Best Buy at 10am right when they opened and all the newly dropped guides were gone. ALL of them, even the ones I hid. They are being smarter about the guides and checked everywhere for them. The Final Fantasy guide was still there which I learned last night had dropped a while ago and I snagged that one right up. I picked up a Fire Emblem guide at $10 since I figured the penny guide days were over. As I stopped by the games section one last time I saw a young lady with a cart pulling some games from the shelves. I looked on the bottom shelf of the cart and there were my beloved penny guides. I lurked around pretending to look at Xbox games for about 5 minutes waiting for the opportune moment. As soon as a customer distracted her and she left to help him I snagged up some guides all James Bond style. I grabbed 2x Final Fantasy 12 RW, 1 X Advance Wars, and 1 X Resident Evil. They had no Bioshock guides. I didn't really want to push my luck so that was all I grabbed. As I was on my way out I grabbed some ink and paper to disguise my purchase and headed to the checkout. I made a big deal out of getting my paper free with ink pack purchase with my reward zone card to distract the cashier. There were two cashiers and neither seemed to notice the penny guides. I paid and was on my way. I only wish I could have grabbed more but I am lucky to get what I got to trade.[/quote]

That is classic, absolutely hilarious. I wish it would have went on a little longer to see what other tactics you may have used (pull fire alarm to cause mass panic, etc.) :whee:!

I'm a little confused about the whole process. Why does Best Buy corporate mark them down if the management at store level tries to not sell them? I understand they can send them back for credit, but why go through the whole process?

Now that I'm thinking, it must be some accounting manipulation.. mark the inventory down and receive credit to show it as 'profit'? I don't know

I checked for guides today, and lo and behold found God of War 2 and Viva Pinata. Where the heck do they find these things? Stuck under some junk in the back room? I'm always amazed when old guides magically return.

I hit the one BB that I usually find the penny guides at. No luck for a single one of this recent drop. It looked like someone went through and pulled all of them out and didn't try to straighten up the remainders.

I'm guessing that the employees pulled them from this drop. Funny thing, though, there were three copies of Warhawk still there.

a big FU to the Geary St Best Buy. Ordered the RPG guides for instore pickup last night, and at 5:30pm today I got the "Item not found at the store" email

I placed three in-store pick up orders - one at one store (Mechanicsville) and two at another (Glen Allen). The Mechanicsville store cancelled my order, but the other two went through at Glen Allen. When I went to pick the two confirmed orders up, I found that, while they pulled the actual guides for one, they pulled the games for the other. When they realized their mistake and went back to find the right items, wouldn't you know it? The other guides had already been field destroyed.

GG, Best Buy...

I didnt realise both GoW II guides were pennied out. Last time I scanned the one with the sticker and it came up 19.99. I can't remember what BB I just saw them at...I can't believe FF12 hasn't been reduced yet.

[quote name='Purkeynator'] last time I saw a young lady with a cart pulling some games from the shelves. I looked on the bottom shelf of the cart and there were my beloved penny guides. I lurked around pretending to look at Xbox games for about 5 minutes waiting for the opportune moment. As soon as a customer distracted her and she left to help him I snagged up some guides all James Bond style.[/quote]

I've gotten some guides in similar fashion.
One time the cart was just sitting in the middle of the CD aisle. Just walked up and took a bunch.
Another time they were just stacked up by one of the computer kiosks. Same deal.
If anyone had stopped me, I would've just said i wanted to buy the guides and couldn't find them.

fuckin a, I just got back from best buy and was about to buy a handful of guides but the bitch cashier talked to her manager and the manager said they have to send em back to the manufacturer and refused to sell em to me. Man I wanted to strangle that ho.

Edit: Is it really store policy not to sell em?

[quote name='RenoVatio']is the LOZ TP GC guide usable for LOZ TP WII[/quote]

If you mean if you can read the GC guide while you are playing Wii, id imagine its pretty similar

[quote name='Aberforth']Man I wanted to strangle that ho.[/quote]

Ho-strangling is a widely accepted practice when being denied penny guides. You've let down your CAG Brothers.

Due to my busy schedule i wasn't able to check this thread last nite otherwise i'd been all ready to do my fast guide run but since i wasn't aware of the drop untl this am i was only able to hit one BB at shortly after opening. I was able to snag a few of each but couldn't find any Bioshocks which is what i really wanted. So after work i went to the other BB that i always score at (there's one other in my area but the management there are a-holes and i'm not saying that just cuz they always pull the guides before opening but because they walk around with sticks up their butts and they dont think their shit stinks either just by they attitude they have) so anyways went to the other one and it had been cleaned out and i assume by a SD'er cuz i never strike out at that one so once again i wish SD would die a sudden death and the a-holes that post our info on that site should be dragged out into the street and shot! But then when all hope was gone i saw on a different shelf a stack of 4 Bioshock guides so i was happy with that at least!

Found a heads up penny right next to my truck at BB so I figured I'd be lucky.
Left with at least one copy of:
FF XII: RW
AW: DoR
RE:UC
Bioshock
DQM:J
All were marked .01 with regular BB stickers except DQM:J.

Also got 2 God of War II guides. They were the ones with the stickers over the UPC.
Checking a 2nd BB .... today. (It's 1:38am EST)
Just gonna look for Bioshock or the ones people would trade for.

Found and bought:

AW: DoR
FF12: RW
DQM: J
GoW2

When paying, the cashier said, "these are a penny again." I thought that she was about to call the manager because she just kept staring at the screen. She hesitantly gave me the bag and I went on my way. I'm glad I finally paid attention to this thread.

I will go back and try to pick up Bioshock and Gears of War. I didn't want to press my luck, so I got the guides I really wanted first. I was surprised to find God of War 2.

[quote name='QiG']I'm a little confused about the whole process. Why does Best Buy corporate mark them down if the management at store level tries to not sell them? I understand they can send them back for credit, but why go through the whole process?

Now that I'm thinking, it must be some accounting manipulation.. mark the inventory down and receive credit to show it as 'profit'? I don't know[/quote]

Marking them to a cent isn't done so we can grab guides, though admittedly we do get lucky and sometimes grab a few guides here or there. It's done so the company can show their vendor that they removed/destroyed the old stock and to get credit for it.

But the reason the store managers in some cases will not sell you the guides is because of what you mentioned above, you're cutting into their bottom line by grabbing them and they also don't want to admit that their employees were lax and missed those guides.

As for me, I don't take a special trip to TRU, BB or GS anymore for guides when they drop. I'll typically wait until I'm going to be up that way and I just stop in on my way home. Why? Well, increased stonewalling when I get to the register even at Best Buy anymore has just made me realize that it's not worth the time or effort to even try most times now. So, I look at it as 'why bother' anymore, since they'll just end up stuck on my TL and cluttering up the house for months anyway.

EDIT: Can I get a verification that the original God Of War II guide with the sticker over the UPC FINALLY dropped to .01? Anyone?

Not sure about FFXII, though I can't really say since my local stores are sold out of it or have it in the back anymore. They used to have about 5-10 copies of the guide on the shelves, but I guess since they weren't selling, they either shipped them off or moved them to the back.

[quote name='QiG']Yeah, the guy who called me to notify that the covers were ripped met me at the store since they weren't behind the normal counter. He was friendly but he was definitely trying to get the point across that they were supposed to be destroyed and this was a lucky occurrence.

The second store the girl rang me up and asked for my RZ card and when I said I have one, but not with me she was like, "I could look it up... but do you want to bother for three cents?" I chuckled and said no.[/quote]

I think I've only ever given them my RZ card for ONE massive guide purchase in Springfield, PA back when I started grabbing guides and then I realized that they may actually 'track' your purchases whenever you use the card. If they see you making only reduced price or penny item purchases, they may actually 'crack down' on you, was my thinking on it.

And with the amount of crackdown I'm feeling now from the local stores, I don't need them really targeting me as 'the guy who only buys penny stuff'.

Well yesterday was good day for BB guides.

My brother stipped me of most of my haul but here is what I got:

DQM (x3)
Bioshock (x2)
FFXII RW (x1)

So as of now I have the DS FFXII guide and a DQM guide on my TL. I went to a different BB yesterday instead of just waiting to go to the one by my work and im happy I did seeing my usual gold hole has been either gutted by someone or they caught wind of the last round of guides I got and pulled all the penny guides because it was barren and organized.

The first store I got all the guides from comes with a funny story. I have the guy scan the FFXII guide for me so I could confirm there were pennied at that store and he said jokingly" I wont tell anyone it's a penny good find" and he went on his way and I went looking for more. Well the same guy came around a few minutes later and said looking for more cheap guides and by that time I had a small pile and he said he would scan them for me. He came back after about 5 minutes and said "Do you work for a different BB? How do you know these guides are pennied?" I told him they are listed at that on the BB website, and he said I have to see this so we went to a computer and I showed him onsite and he freaked out lol and was like "damn" I have to watch BB's website more often.

Well either way I got something and I know there were a ton more DQM guides at that store but by now probably gone.

" Oh BTW the lady at the register almost called a manager over because she was a bit confussed that they were a penny until I told her they were all going to ring up a penny and she said forget it... she rang them up but after looking at the reciept only two were actually on it lol. So I got 5 free :bouncy:...

[quote name='trunks982']Did FFXII (PS2) guide dropped to a penny yet?[/quote]

It hasn't. I checked yesterday when buying penny guides. 19.99

[quote name='Derrick1979']He came back after about 5 minutes and said "Do you work for a different BB? How do you know these guides are pennied?" I told him they are listed at that on the BB website, and he said I have to see this so we went to a computer and I showed him onsite and he freaked out lol and was like "damn" I have to watch BB's website more often.
[/quote]

That must be their line of questioning. I have been asked that 3 times, once by the "manager" yesterday. They also said they can not sell them to resellers, so keep those tax IDs in your pockets :roll:

[quote name='slowdive21']That must be their line of questioning. I have been asked that 3 times, once by the "manager" yesterday. They also said they can not sell them to resellers, so keep those tax IDs in your pockets :roll:[/quote]

Ha ha well I resold the bulk of them to my brother who is to lazy to do the leg work.. so I sold him 4 guides for $5 then I could care less what he does with them. I will keep going and trying to get penny guides at BB but I think that source along with the others will dry up...

Just remember to not tell them you got the list from CAG lol Tell them you saw them on the BB site for a penny the look on thier face when they actually see it is priceless.. just goes to show how the companies communication is lacking.. works for me though seeing after they see that they usually have no issues selling them until you go up to the registers and you have to go along with cashier staring at the screen after it rings up a penny like your the one trying to pull something.

Looks like Gamestop is clearing out the Persona 3 guides in anticipation of P3 PES. The regular, official Persona 3 guide is now $10 at Gamestop. It may not be marked as my copy wasn't, but that's what it rings up for in their system.

[quote name='GogoTheMimic']My local BB was cleaned out already, no doubt by another CAGer. I did manage to snag a FFXII:RW guide at least.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. That's why I have a problem when people say they go into a Best Buy and get 50 or 60 guides to keep the hoarders from SD or FW from getting them. When people do that, it also keeps CAG's in the area (such as yourself) from getting them too.

[quote name='GogoTheMimic']My local BB was cleaned out already, no doubt by another CAGer. I did manage to snag a FFXII:RW guide at least.[/QUOTE]
This hit the big sites yesterday. I'd think the chances of it being a fleabayer is much higher than a CAG.

Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back