Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread Seven and a Half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added these latest drops to the Wiki. I filed them under 1/05/07 but I'm not sure if they were actually in effect yesterday or if it started today.

After a long drought, when it rains, it freakin' pours. =) I nabbed dozens of guides at various GSes over the weekend, going to go hit up some GameCrazies. I was way out by the far-away ones last freakin' night, my phone battery died so I couldn't check the thread on the road. =(

I'll be listing the ones I got as soon as I get a free second.

I just got back from totally pillaging the local GC. Will update my tradelist w/ what I've got. Bear with me, it'll take a while...

Selden GC didn't have much, I'm pretty sure they tossed most of it as per corporate guidelines. Same thing with the local store.

Although, I did snag the last WindWaker guide for $3.99!

At GameStops, I found the following (all have duplicates for trade, some may have some shelf wear):
Crackdown
Def Jam Icon
Forza Motorsport 2
Halo 2
John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 (pending out)
NCAA Football 08
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Red Steel
Project Gotham Racing 4
Pokemon Battle Revolution (Prima)
Shadowrun
Sims 2: Bon Voyage (pending out)
Spectrobes
Super Paper Mario
Viva Pinata
Warhawk
Wild Arms 5

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Selden GC didn't have much, I'm pretty sure they tossed most of it as per corporate guidelines. Same thing with the local store.

At GameStops, I found the following (all have duplicates for trade, some may have some shelf wear):
Crackdown Def Jam Icon Forza Motorsport 2 John Woo Presents Stranglehold Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 NCAA Football 08 Ninja Gaiden Sigma Red Steel Project Gotham Racing 4 Pokemon Battle Revolution Shadowrun Sims 2: Bon Voyage Spectrobes Super Paper Mario Viva Pinata Warhawk Wild Arms 5[/quote]

what about Eternal Sonata?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Selden GC didn't have much, I'm pretty sure they tossed most of it as per corporate guidelines. Same thing with the local store.

[/QUOTE]
which version of Wind Waker is that? Nintendo Power, Brady, or Prima?

[quote name='blueweltall']So is the God of War II guide a penny at Circuit City too or is it just Best Buy?[/quote]

Best Buy only. The God of War 2 Regular Guide with sticker over UPC is full price. without sticker is a penny. and the GOW2 Limited Edition Guide is pennied.

[quote name='62t']which version of Wind Waker is that? Nintendo Power, Brady, or Prima?[/QUOTE]

It's the Nintendo Power version. I found one during the last GC drop.

[quote name='62t']which version of Wind Waker is that? Nintendo Power, Brady, or Prima?[/quote]

Nintendo Power

Additionally, I think that the Eternal Sonata might have been a fluke (or maybe even a typo on my part). Let me double check my stack and get back to you...

[quote name='Scorch']Kingdom Hearts 2 Limited Edition and the Resident Evil: Archive guides were also pennied out.

Yes they do, price drops print off every morning. To reprint them again.. Main menu > managers menu > reprint memos > reprint pricing updates > saturday. There you go. I think it's page 15 and 16 (there were 17 pages of drops/raises today, most of which were old Nintendo Power and EGM magazines). But you can only print out drops from the past 7 days, so make sure to reprint the list by next Saturday. or I'll do it tomorrow. Whichever.quote]

Well they dont print out on morning anymore at my store. All we got was a memo saying that there have been udpates to the master list on the GC intranet page. ut thanks for the info on manually finding it. but i can tell u right now they dont print automatically at my store any more for those, i only know cuz i am the one who eagerly anticipates it. ia m ALSO VERY pissed cuz 2 weeks ago i BOUGHT the valkyrie profile lenneth strat guide. lol but i used our 25% off accessories coupon so not too bad, still lame. lol that and i bought he wild arms 5 guide months back when the game came out and didnt get around to using it yet. lol lame, but whatever, still got TONS of good stuff cuz i am the one who does the pull since the others dont like doing it cuz they dont care to get most the strat guides.

Can someone explain the rules. I went to my local gamecrazy and to pick up the guides. When i got to the register they said they couldn't sale them to me.

[quote name='DjHero_X']Can someone explain the rules. I went to my local gamecrazy and to pick up the guides. When i got to the register they said they couldn't sale them to me.[/quote]They don't have to sell them to you. If they're marked 0.00 or 0.01 in the system, they're supposed to pull the guides and have them destroyed. But you can get them if you happen to find a cashier/clerk/manager who doesn't mind/care. It's really YMMV.

I used to love this thread. You'd get a hit and miss here and there. Was great fun. After nearly 2 years of misses though it became much less fun as you can imagine. I am glad its still working out well for some. As always good luck and good hunting.

I feel your pain, floormat. Nothing worse than getting excited about a guide you've been wanting and seeing it's finally dropped to a penny and... going to stores which pulled them all. It is disheartening.

The good news is there will probably be a new thread with a new keeper very soon. With wiki editors who are vigilant (thanks heat & Rocko) and an OP who keeps on top of things, the new Reduced Price Game Guide Thread will be awesome, up to date and very informative. I'll still be around to delete/edit trade posts from here. But nothings perfect. ;)

the worst is actually finding guides but the store will not sell them to you. Sadly the guide hunt has been harder for a lot of people.

[quote name='guinaevere']I feel your pain, floormat. Nothing worse than getting excited about a guide you've been wanting and seeing it's finally dropped to a penny and... going to stores which pulled them all. It is disheartening.

The good news is there will probably be a new thread with a new keeper very soon. With wiki editors who are vigilant (thanks heat & Rocko) and an OP who keeps on top of things, the new Reduced Price Game Guide Thread will be awesome, up to date and very informative. I'll still be around to delete/edit trade posts from here. But nothings perfect. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks as always for your help and dedication. You took it improved and got a train rolling that I no longer had steam for. Great to hear some more dedicated people are on the way. Good luck all and thanks.

The store manager at my local GameCrazy wouldn't sell us the penny guides...he said we'd have to get them at full price, or get them with the game for 20% off the guides...

They even had Resident Evil Archives!!! :cry:

[quote name='yuy104']The store manager at my local GameCrazy wouldn't sell us the penny guides...he said we'd have to get them at full price, or get them with the game for 20% off the guides...

They even had Resident Evil Archives!!! :cry:[/quote]

That's effin bullshit. They won't sell them for a penny, but they'll keep them on the shelf (when they're supposed to pull them) and sell them for full price to possibly unsuspecting customers?

I even bought a used xbox game just to "ease" the transaction, but it was still a no-go. What's worse, their used games are all final sale!!!

yuy: that sucks

i was practically drooling when i saw the guide section today at my local BB, they have soooooo many right now i can't wait for some of those to drop. They still have a couple Twilight Princess Collector's Editions....wonder when those will drop. If someone knows/has a list of the oldest guides i could get price checks but as it was i had no idea what to check on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back