Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread X(Ten)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Furthermore, I would like to thank our Wiki editors HeatDolphin and Rocko for updating the Wiki. Great job.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trading Clearinghouse(old one, locked now):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=102021

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

Guide Lists(master drop lists and recent drops):

Master Drop List(by store, alphabetically):

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28master_lists%29

Recent Guide Drops(by date,also check the second post in this thread):

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28recent_drops%29

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187222

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinavere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?

A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to christen this thread :)D) by asking if anyone near Diamond Bar, CA wants to toss me a really cheap Valkyria Chronicles guide.

Last time I went to GS there were 2 copies of Blue Dragon Plus on the shelf. I took it to the front register, politely set it down, and proceeded to ask,

"WHAT IS THIS??? THIS IS A PENNIED GUIDE! YOU NEED TO GET THESE OFF THE SHELF! YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB! I SHOULD CALL CORPORATE AND TELL THEM RIGHT NOW!"

I figure I'm not going to get it anyways, why not give him some shit about it?

(And no, I didn't really do that. Well not exactly that anyways. :lol: I did tell him they were pennied and there were others because he was nice and hunted me down a copy of the P4 guide.)

:roll::roll:

OK, so far we've had a number of 'score' posts, a not so thinly veiled trade request and just a bunch of idle chit chat otherwise. I see my ginormous 'warnings' in the first post did shit, as usual.

People, the only reason I made a new thread was because the old one was bursting at the seams due to all of the same reasons we're already up to the end of page one of a thread JUST made this morning.

There's a trade thread for trade requests and a discussion thread for mindless jibber jabber about 'i got x and y and the clerk gave me a hard time at the umpteenth store i hit' and all of the rest of this.

I'm being nice this time, but if it keeps up, I'm gonna ask a mod to come in here n clean out the posts not pertaning to drops.

It didn't really take much to make the new thread, but we wouldn't need a new one if not for all of the crap mentioned above.

Thanks and SHADDAP ALREADY!! :lol:

CLIFF NOTES VERSION: Unless you have info on a drop, SHADDAP!!! That is all.

Since we're expecting a Prima drop potentially this Wednesday, figure I'd give people a link to the Prima guides listed on GameStop.com.

A lot of those obviously aren't going to drop (RE5, Halo Wars) but there are some great notables like:
FallOut 3 (soft and hardcover)
Prince of Persia (soft and hardcover)
Mirror's Edge
Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY Edition
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ($14.99 white cover)
Dead Space
MGS4

THESE HAVE NOT DROPPED BUT ARE PRIMA GUIDES THAT ARE MONTHS OLD AND COULD DROP.

I added these to my Wish List so I can hit refresh on Wednesday morning and see which ones get removed. Here's to hoping some good 'uns drop.
Edit: And I don't want to clutter the thread uselessly. Say the word IATCG and this post shall disappear since it's just potential drops rather than actual drops.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, that IS quite useful and it's very similar to something I saw done with Target and their version of SKU's. I'm sure I can find a spot for that information in the first or possibly second post and I'll gladly update a SKU list and keep it under a spoiler tag so as not to clutter up the entire post with a giant list of them.

I couldn't get the locator to work myself, though if you wish to type up the full directions on how to do it, I'm sure some will definitely use it.[/quote]

Let me know what didn't work about it and I'll try and track the problem down. I tried the three computers in my house and one at my school's library and it worked on all of them. I'd like to get it up and running to help everyone with the (presumed) drops at BB next week.

[quote name='DarkRider23']What? Good luck finding any penny guides at this time. Penny guides stay on gamestop shelves for less than 2 days. Going the day of the drop is your best bet, but even then it is very rare to get the managers to sell them to you.[/quote]

I know this is in the wrong thread, but point me to it and next time I'll post there.

I just got back from a GS which has 3 VC, 10 Blue Dragon, and 4 Tales of Syphonia DotNW on the shelf. When I took one VC up, the manager looked over and said they couldn't sell it and threw it behind them and pulled the other VC copies only off the shelf. :bomb::bomb:

You guys think I should try and get the BD and ToS when the manager's not on duty? That could take some tricky planning, but they were on the rack this long already and still there when I left.

[quote name='boneless']I know this is in the wrong thread, but point me to it and next time I'll post there.

I just got back from a GS which has 3 VC, 10 Blue Dragon, and 4 Tales of Syphonia DotNW on the shelf. When I took one VC up, the manager looked over and said they couldn't sell it and threw it behind them and pulled the other VC copies only off the shelf. :bomb::bomb:

You guys think I should try and get the BD and ToS when the manager's not on duty? That could take some tricky planning, but they were on the rack this long already and still there when I left.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't hurt, but they'll likely be gone when you go back in now that the manager is aware.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Couldn't hurt, but they'll likely be gone when you go back in now that the manager is aware.[/quote]

So very true.

I have a question though, are you just taking guides up there by themselves? Or are you taking other stuff up there as well?

[quote name='dyeknom']So very true.

I have a question though, are you just taking guides up there by themselves? Or are you taking other stuff up there as well?[/QUOTE]

I took the one guide by itself, so that's probably my first mistake. Although I stayed there after denied and they didn't seem to make an effort to clear the rack. I didn't tell them about BD and Tales.

[quote name='boneless']I know this is in the wrong thread, but point me to it and next time I'll post there.

You guys think I should try and get the BD and ToS when the manager's not on duty? That could take some tricky planning, but they were on the rack this long already and still there when I left.[/quote]

You asked for it and you got it. I mean, it's ONLY in posts #1 and 4 already(but apparently some folks can't f'n read before posting and see the links), but here's the link to the DISCUSSION THREAD AGAIN:bomb::bomb::bomb::

DISCUSSION THREAD(KEEP ALL NON DROP INFO CHIT CHAT HERE):

I mean, I know it's just easier to go 'duhhhh I can't find the info so I'll post here', even though it's in ginormous YELLOW and RED lettering in the first post, but this is how threads get clogged QUICKLY.

I swear, I think some of ya's do this shit intentionally to see me 'wig out'.

Just informing the masses that there were no drops on guides today at GameStop. On the 25th, Gears of War 2 did drop to $10, which means that if it's like Halo 3, it'll still be a long time until we see it get pennied out.

Also, word from corporate is that there should be lots of used price drops coming this week. There was nothing amazing today, but several 360 titles did drop by $3-5. I'd guess that this lowers the likelihood of guide drops for awhile, probably nothing until after the GameDay sale ends.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You asked for it and you got it. I mean, it's ONLY in posts #1 and 4 already(but apparently some folks can't f'n read before posting and see the links), but here's the link to the DISCUSSION THREAD AGAIN:bomb::bomb::bomb::

DISCUSSION THREAD(KEEP ALL NON DROP INFO CHIT CHAT HERE):

I mean, I know it's just easier to go 'duhhhh I can't find the info so I'll post here', even though it's in ginormous YELLOW and RED lettering in the first post, but this is how threads get clogged QUICKLY.

I swear, I think some of ya's do this shit intentionally to see me 'wig out'.[/quote]
no i believe there are lazy ignorant ass people.

[quote name='camelking6969']no i believe there are lazy ignorant ass people.[/quote]

There's that too, but I was trying to be SOMEWHAT nice, which is quite a switch for me. :lol:

Like I just said in the discussion thread, now that I posted a FAQ in the first post answering the main questions that are repeated ad nauseam in this thread once every couple of days, I have a feeling some are just going to be aholes and come in here and post them just for shits and giggles to waste space again.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Just informing the masses that there were no drops on guides today at GameStop. On the 25th, Gears of War 2 did drop to $10, which means that if it's like Halo 3, it'll still be a long time until we see it get pennied out.

Also, word from corporate is that there should be lots of used price drops coming this week. There was nothing amazing today, but several 360 titles did drop by $3-5. I'd guess that this lowers the likelihood of guide drops for awhile, probably nothing until after the GameDay sale ends.[/quote]

Isn't the guide drop hypothesized to be today (Wednesday) not yesterday (Tuesday)?

ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED?

I'd be all over checking but I just got to my hotel room about half an hour ago after being up driving since this time yesterday. Goodnight, and good luck!

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Isn't the guide drop hypothesized to be today (Wednesday) not yesterday (Tuesday)?

ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED?

I'd be all over checking but I just got to my hotel room about half an hour ago after being up driving since this time yesterday. Goodnight, and good luck![/quote]

He posted that this morning (Wednesday).

MGS IV and Dead Space are no longer on the site, at least under that link provided above. Still, if the dude says there isn't a drop then I guess there isn't a drop.

[quote name='carlcarlson']He posted that this morning (Wednesday).

MGS IV and Dead Space are no longer on the site, at least under that link provided above. Still, if the dude says there isn't a drop then I guess there isn't a drop.[/QUOTE]

He posted that tuesday night and used past tense to say nothing dropped that day.Im on east coast and gamestop is still closed.

[quote name='carlcarlson']He posted that this morning (Wednesday).

MGS IV and Dead Space are no longer on the site, at least under that link provided above. Still, if the dude says there isn't a drop then I guess there isn't a drop.[/quote]

I have all the guides I'm interested in up on one window in Firefox, and I'm still able to pull up Dead Space and MGS4 (regular).

Yeah,the guides I'm looking towards are still showing up on Best Buy's website...Today's penny drop is a bust...

Maybe it's a giant April Fools, and when we go in to our favorite Best Buy stores, all of the employees will be lined up. Then each will hand us a small stack of pennied guides and each one of them will say, "You can just have these for free"... If only...

[quote name='thehoweller']Yeah,the guides I'm looking towards are still showing up on Best Buy's website...Today's penny drop is a bust...

Maybe it's a giant April Fools, and when we go in to our favorite Best Buy stores, all of the employees will be lined up. Then each will hand us a small stack of pennied guides and each one of them will say, "You can just have these for free"... If only...[/quote]

I don't think anyone is expecting a Best Buy drop until Monday. Today is likely to be a Gamestop Prima guide drop.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']He posted that tuesday night and used past tense to say nothing dropped that day.Im on east coast and gamestop is still closed.[/quote]

When I checked this morning before leaving for work the posts weren't there. Strange.

And yeah, when I manually search for Dead Space and MGS IV they show up, I'm not sure why they aren't in the Prima search linked above.

I call a semi-renig on my statement...

I just checked Fable II's guide, it's not showing on Best Buy's website. Can anyone confirm whether or not this has been pennied?

MGS IV's guide isn't showing its face for me when I manually search...What were some of the other projected pennied guides? I'll try those as well.

The Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness isn't showing itself either. I smell pennied guides...

BestBuy almost never pennies guides outside of mondays. Although it's possible, it's very unlikely, as a guide's removal from the website is not always indicative of its penny status.

Also, could you please use the edit button instead of triple posting?

Edit's disabled because of Cheapy's April Fools, but yes I would if I could.

Can anyone produce a list of Prima guides that weren't pennied, a week ago?

[quote name='thehoweller']Edit's disabled because of Cheapy's April Fools, but yes I would if I could.

Can anyone produce a list of Prima guides that weren't pennied, a week ago?[/quote]

I noticed that, too, but it came up after like 10 mins on my post.

To keep it on topic, Gamestop has removed guides from their site as late as 3:30pm on the day they pennied, so don't give up hope just because they're still up there. Also, Gamestop has been dropping guides on Thursdays for the past several drops, and last week was the exception. If guides don't drop today, there's a great chance they will tomorrow.

There were either no drops today, or the clerk was lying to me.

I had him ring up MGS4, SW: Force Unleashed, LoZelda: Twilight Princess (white hardcover), both versions of Prince of Persia, Mirror's Edge, and Oblivion GOTY. All were Prima guides, all full price. Perhaps tomorrow.

Edit: And apparently the Gears of War 2 regular guide dropped to $10 (reflected on the website as well)

[quote name='perdition(troy']The guides never really are expected. We just check prices on most mondays and wednesdays. (some of do it quite a bit more :) )[/quote]

But people were actually expecting a Prima drop today. Did anyone see anything?

[quote name='Doomstink']But people were actually expecting a Prima drop today. Did anyone see anything?[/quote]

None of the dozen Prima guides I have on my Wish List on GameStop.com have disappeared, so I'm assuming no drop today.

I've noticed that GameStop always seems to do a Brady drop one week then a Prima one a week later when they do a big drop early in the year (seems to always be in mid/late January) but they don't always do this Brady then Prima a week later pattern. It seems as if some CAGs are looking for this to happen thinking that they always do this 1 2 thing when they drop guides.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I've noticed that GameStop always seems to do a Brady drop one week then a Prima one a week later when they do a big drop early in the year (seems to always be in mid/late January) but they don't always do this Brady then Prima a week later pattern. It seems as if some CAGs are looking for this to happen thinking that they always do this 1 2 thing when they drop guides.[/quote]

I think this has happened the past 2-3 drops there, and it just happened to be all Brady guides that dropped again, so we were thinking the Prima ones would come. It's just as well for me, since I'm stuck at work still and I wouldn't be able to make it to any of my decent spots today, and they'd all be tossed by tomorrow.

Ok guys, so I've been reading and ( correct me if I'm wrong ) GS does pennying on Wednesdays and BB does them on Mondays... If you wait to get them after that day, like Friday after a Wednesday drop, chances are that they are gone (trashed) right?

[quote name='reicaden']Ok guys, so I've been reading and ( correct me if I'm wrong ) GS does pennying on Wednesdays and BB does them on Mondays... If you wait to get them after that day, like Friday after a Wednesday drop, chances are that they are gone (trashed) right?[/quote]

GameStop pennies on random week days, but it seems like Tuesday-Thursday are the most popular days. The most important job of the "Game Advisor" who opens (part-time lackey, not the manager on duty) is to apply the price changes for that day. When he/she comes across a "$0.01" sticker, he is supposed to remove these items, which usually means to put them by the back door to be removed with trash at the end of the day. Therefore, you usually have to get to GameStop on that day to have the best chances. You might get lucky a day or two after that, but any chance after that relies on it being accidentally left on the sales floor.

[quote name='reicaden']Ok guys, so I've been reading and ( correct me if I'm wrong ) GS does pennying on Wednesdays and BB does them on Mondays... If you wait to get them after that day, like Friday after a Wednesday drop, chances are that they are gone (trashed) right?[/QUOTE]

It is going to be on the store. Some stores will take them off the shelf, other stores will have them on the shelf for weeks

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']GameStop pennies on random week days, but it seems like Tuesday-Thursday are the most popular days. The most important job of the "Game Advisor" who opens (part-time lackey, not the manager on duty) is to apply the price changes for that day. When he/she comes across a "$0.01" sticker, he is supposed to remove these items, which usually means to put them by the back door to be removed with trash at the end of the day. Therefore, you usually have to get to GameStop on that day to have the best chances. You might get lucky a day or two after that, but any chance after that relies on it being accidentally left on the sales floor.[/quote]

How do you know which guides are pennied that day?

[quote name='david12795']How do you know which guides are pennied that day?[/quote]

You send someone like me some paypal cash and i'll tell ya!

Going off some of the earlier comments relating to finding guides on Best Buy, I noticed if you plug in 'guide' into the search column it turns up "68" game guides, but when you click it, it only shows you 54. I was trying to figure out what the other 14 are... Maybe those are imminently pennying? One that I've been tracking is Lego Batman, which is still on the shelves at my Best Buy but not listed here online.

54 items found for " guide " in All Categories > Video Games & Toys

Shop Category
Game Guides (68)

I've been thinking that the last time BB dropped guides on Mon, some workers said they dropped all weekend before the monday. I'm wondering if this might be true this time too. I'll try some tomorrow, what were the ones we were expecting to drop?

[quote name='hellmutt']Going off some of the earlier comments relating to finding guides on Best Buy, I noticed if you plug in 'guide' into the search column it turns up "68" game guides, but when you click it, it only shows you 54. I was trying to figure out what the other 14 are... Maybe those are imminently pennying? One that I've been tracking is Lego Batman, which is still on the shelves at my Best Buy but not listed here online.

54 items found for " guide " in All Categories > Video Games & Toys

Shop Category
Game Guides (68)[/quote]

There are 47 guides under 'Video Games' and 21 under 'PC Games', and both of those numbers match the ones listed. The 'missing' 14 are ones that are double counted in both the 'Video Games' and 'PC Games' category, like both Fallout 3 guides and both Resident Evil 5 guides.

[quote name='boneless']I've been thinking that the last time BB dropped guides on Mon, some workers said they dropped all weekend before the monday. I'm wondering if this might be true this time too. I'll try some tomorrow, what were the ones we were expecting to drop?[/quote]

From earlier in the thread:

[quote name='loxthefox']The following guides have been removed from the Best Buy web site. They have NOT dropped yet but are likely for future drops:

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Fable II
Halo 3
Haze
The Legend Of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Metal Gear Solid IV LE
Mysims Kingdom
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Vol. 2: Pokedex
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

If I missed any, PM me and let me know.[/quote]

I also remembered it said that the last drop started over the weekend and tried some BB's yesterday. From the list above:

Fable II, Spyro, Batman and MGS4 LE were all full price.
CoD4, Indiana Jones, My Sims Kingdom were all $9.99 and Halo 3 < $9.99.
Gears of War 2 (soft) was also $9.99.

It seems they are starting to keep some of these guides on the rack longer at reduced prices.

Didn't BB have Last Remnant? I was looking for that one as well, but couldn't find one. Fable II was also out at a lot of BB's. I was a bit surprised by that as I thought that one was pretty prolific.

The very first BB I tried had none of the guides that were missing from the website, so I thought I might be on to something before I tracked down a Fable II at another.

Posts speculating about what might drop and what has the possibility TO drop ALSO belong in the discussion thread.

Geez people, I thought ya were actually getting better bout not clogging this up with useless shit.

Unless you have DROP INFO, keep the yammering to the(LINK>>>> Discussion

[quote name='neocisco']You have to offer...favors...to the manager.[/quote]
that is freakin hillarious lmao foor 30 min:applause::D:)

Alright IATCG, I assume my post is OK since I actually got off my arse and checked some guide prices, but I do want to know if Last Remnant is/was a BB guide or if I have to rely on much luck and a benevolent GS manager to see it. I have tried posting such (in the past) in the discussion thread and the only answer back is an echo. Like you, I wish it were not so.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Alright IATCG, I assume my post is OK since I actually got off my arse and checked some guide prices, but I do want to know if Last Remnant is/was a BB guide or if I have to rely on much luck and a benevolent GS manager to see it. I have tried posting such (in the past) in the discussion thread and the only answer back is an echo. Like you, I wish it were not so.[/QUOTE]

I initially thought it was available at Best Buy stores but now that I think about it, I haven't seen one recently there, and am starting to doubt if they ever carried it in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back