Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I hate having a ton of mailers lying around if I'm not using them. That's wasted money sitting there to me, regardless of how much per mailer it comes out to.[/QUOTE]

So a couple of bucks in bubble mailers laying around is wasted money, yet a couple bucks in penny guides sitting around isn't? Nevermind the space those 200-300 guides you have must take up. :applause:

[quote name='Pookymeister']Which is what I said, but i suppose every post is game for a personal anecdote from IATCG. :D

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...-Test/11-1-4-x-8-3-4-x-2-3-4-Corrugated-Boxes

Good enough for a couple guides. You can increase the height as you see fit.
My last order was 50 of those, and 50 9x6x4 boxes for $45 shipped.
The 9x6x4 are good for trades with multiple games/dvds.[/QUOTE]Speaking of ULine, I'm still working through one of these:

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...6-5-Self-Seal-Bubble-Lined-Polyolefin-Mailers

[quote name='postaboy']Don't forget paypal fees (7%), bubble mailer envelope ($1.00 - $1.50) & tracking number ($.80 cent) on top of that. Also, I'm not even counting the trip to the Post Office, Gas Money, etc.[/QUOTE]

I keep reading about gas money getting factored into the price. Really? Where do you people live? Out on the farm and you have to drive a few miles into town for the nearest post office? If you do, I apologize, charge them for the gas money.

If not, then why charge for gas money? I have lived in 3 major metropolitan areas (Cleveland, Philadelphia and D.C.) and everytime I have had a post office either on the way to work, a grocery store, school or the mall. When in college, I had one on campus. Most major universities have one within walking distance due to the high volume of mail they get.

So I really doubt that the post office is so far out of the way for most of you that you feel the need to factor in gas money into the price of the guide. You want to make a profit, go ahead, I don't mind, I am a proud capitalist. Just don't give excuses for jacking up the price like gas money. That's lame. Be a man! Tell your fellow CAG you want to make a profit and if he/she does not like it..........they can purchase it somewhere else.;)

[quote name='lobito72']So a couple of bucks in bubble mailers laying around is wasted money, yet a couple bucks in penny guides sitting around isn't? Nevermind the space those 200-300 guides you have must take up. :applause:[/QUOTE]
I have all of the guides pretty much in one area of the house(except for the ones for games I have, which are upstairs in my room). There's nothing else near them and it was only a few bucks. But the mailers are used rarely by me, whereas if I run out of tp I could probably crumple up a few pages from the few copies of NFL Head Coach or one of the other ones I have that have no chance of ever being wanted.;) So you see the guides may serve a dual purpose, while the mailers would just be useless.:booty:
[quote name='lobito72']I keep reading about gas money getting factored into the price. Really? Where do you people live? Out on the farm and you have to drive a few miles into town for the nearest post office? If you do, I apologize, charge them for the gas money.

If not, then why charge for gas money? I have lived in 3 major metropolitan areas (Cleveland, Philadelphia and D.C.) and everytime I have had a post office either on the way to work, a grocery store, school or the mall. When in college, I had one on campus. Most major universities have one within walking distance due to the high volume of mail they get.

So I really doubt that the post office is so far out of the way for most of you that you feel the need to factor in gas money into the price of the guide. You want to make a profit, go ahead, I don't mind, I am a proud capitalist. Just don't give excuses for jacking up the price like gas money. That's lame. Be a man! Tell your fellow CAG you want to make a profit and if he/she does not like it..........they can purchase it somewhere else.;)[/QUOTE]
I looooove rants like these. Tell me. How many Best Buy stores did you hit during this drop? What's that you say? You didn't go out to any and expect people who did and may have drove all over town to give these to you out of the kindness of their hearts without taking into account that they expended gas(way more than $.50-1 for a trip btw) and took time out of their day to get these to try and help some other REASONABLE people out.

MSRP for these guides runs from $19.99 to $34.99. People are asking for $7(at most) for many of these. That's a DAMN GOOD DEAL compared to $20 a pop, if you ask me.

As for the post office thing, it's about a mile or so to my nearest one. But the thing with that is, I'm making multiple trips on multiple days that take GAS to get there and back(yes I'm that lazy that I won't walk a mile in the rain/snow/sleet/etc). Maybe it doesn't cost $2-3 for gas to get there and back home, but adding in $.50-1 for my time to carefully package up the guides and to drive to and from the post office is a paltry amount to ask for.

That goes back to the people who whine about the $.60 difference between paying for Delivery Confirmation through Paypal versus going to the post office to pay for it. If $.60 is such a big fuckin' deal to you, then imagine when you get the package and see I rounded the postage amount UP to the nearest dollar.

OH NOES!!! I ripped you off of $.15 versus what the postage label on the package says. It's a travesty that I should actually want an even amount and not have to fumble with change.

If you don't like people charging you a piddily little amount extra for their time(and everyone around here seems to OVERvalue their time:roll:)and a thimble full of gas, then go sit on eBay and wait to try and snipe a guide you want off of there. See if when you get the package the seller charged you EXACT shipping costs. Let us know how that goes.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
Hit a store yesterday that had pulled all guides first thing on Monday and lo and behold a few guides from the drop earlier in the month had found their way out to the floor.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dabamus']
Mentor actually put the guides they pulled last time back out.
[/QUOTE]

My store put some guides back on the shelf from the two previous drops,
that were not there a few weeks ago, just one of each.
This store has been pulling all year.

Alpha Protocol
Crackdown 2
Dead to Rights: Retribution
Iron Man 2
Kane & Lynch II: Dog Days
Modnation Racers
Red Steel 2
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Atlas

@lobito: Post Office isn't that far... best buy is... I'm talking about an easy 40 minutes to the one that actually sells me penny guides. I'm sure most others don't travel 5 minutes each way to get the guides...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Which is what I said, but i suppose every post is game for a personal anecdote from IATCG. :D

[/QUOTE]

how true that is.

"So I'm stuck trying to find the last radio in Alan Wake"

IAATCG: "That reminds me of the time I found a radio on sale at Goodwill for $5.00. Brand new and it was worth $10. Then some asshole offered me $10 for it shipped. :bomb: Finally we settled on $12. But then my local library ran out of ink in their printer so I couldn't print out a label so I had to hand scrawl it on a piece of paper. So I charged the guy an extra 2 cents for the ink i used. But little did he know I got a free pen from Goodwill for filling out a survey..."

For fucks sakes man, don't you ever get tired of telling these stories? And they're not even good stories!

[quote name='shrike4242']I can't do the paper mailers. Too many possibilities of water damage if a postal carrier leaves it out in the rain.

Had it come close a few times.[/QUOTE]

Yea, well these are game sized ones and im usually shipping sealed stuff, so no worries over here. ;)
Haven't had any complaints with rain and the boxes yet, either luckily.

holy hell all the hate in here. ill agree i hate hoarders but not all of them are bad. i could be an ass and name a few guys on here that are just jerks but its not my style. by jerks its the ones that hoard and then when you ask for a guide they have they want top amazon/ebay prices. i have no issues paying for a guide plus some extra for gas/time but when you get a guide for a penny flaunt it on here of this epic 50+ lot you got and then charge out the ass thats just being a douchebag. last time i got penny guides i sold most of them for 1-2$ each plus shipping. i can see people asking 5-10ish for collectors as well which is fair. anyhow my rant is off i will say thank you to token2k6 and elrobo8 for being very nice and helping a fellow cager out.

[quote name='confoosious']
For fucks sakes man, don't you ever get tired of telling these stories? And they're not even good stories!
[/QUOTE]

Stop picking your nose !

[quote name='gauu']holy hell all the hate in here. ill agree i hate hoarders but not all of them are bad. i could be an ass and name a few guys on here that are just jerks but its not my style. by jerks its the ones that hoard and then when you ask for a guide they have they want top amazon/ebay prices. i have no issues paying for a guide plus some extra for gas/time but when you get a guide for a penny flaunt it on here of this epic 50+ lot you got and then charge out the ass thats just being a douchebag. last time i got penny guides i sold most of them for 1-2$ each plus shipping. i can see people asking 5-10ish for collectors as well which is fair. anyhow my rant is off i will say thank you to token2k6 and elrobo8 for being very nice and helping a fellow cager out.[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

I ask people to make offers, as I am not comfortable charging any set amount for something I get that cheap.

I don't see it fair to charge ebay/half.com/amazon prices on here. People who do that are just jerks.

[quote name='gordojones88']Stop picking your nose !

.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']it's stuck.[/QUOTE]

I like the picture better when he was banned... ;)

[quote name='dabamus']@lobito: Post Office isn't that far... best buy is... I'm talking about an easy 40 minutes to the one that actually sells me penny guides. I'm sure most others don't travel 5 minutes each way to get the guides...[/QUOTE]

At least 20 minutes each way for both Best Buys by me, which is really not that much time but in the congested areas these stores are in it could lead to using a bit of gas.
[quote name='dabamus']AMEN!

I ask people to make offers, as I am not comfortable charging any set amount for something I get that cheap.

I don't see it fair to charge ebay/half.com/amazon prices on here. People who do that are just jerks.[/QUOTE]
OK. So let's say you have a SEALED copy of Stadium Events for the NES. I'll give you $1.00 plus the cost of shipping for it.

After all, it's wrong to charge eBay/Half.com/Amazon prices for stuff, right?

Oh wait. What's that you say? It's worth A LOT of money and you'd need (insert ridiculous amount here) for it PLUS shipping?

See where I'm going with this. If it's something that has only value to people who want/need it and no real eBay or other value, then I'm happy to part with it for my cost+shipping if I WANT to get rid of it.

But for me I'd rather get something I want(be it a guide or a game or whatever) rather than getting just enough to ship something out. Maybe it's wrong, but I'm a jerk/asshole and I know it.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have all of the guides pretty much in one area of the house(except for the ones for games I have, which are upstairs in my room). There's nothing else near them and it was only a few bucks. But the mailers are used rarely by me, whereas if I run out of tp I could probably crumple up a few pages from the few copies of NFL Head Coach or one of the other ones I have that have no chance of ever being wanted.;) So you see the guides may serve a dual purpose, while the mailers would just be useless.:booty:

I looooove rants like these. Tell me. How many Best Buy stores did you hit during this drop? What's that you say? You didn't go out to any and expect people who did and may have drove all over town to give these to you out of the kindness of their hearts without taking into account that they expended gas(way more than $.50-1 for a trip btw) and took time out of their day to get these to try and help some other REASONABLE people out.

MSRP for these guides runs from $19.99 to $34.99. People are asking for $7(at most) for many of these. That's a DAMN GOOD DEAL compared to $20 a pop, if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

First off the rough paper of the bubble mailers will work better than the glossy pages of any of the guides you have. ;)

Second, I am not ranting about people overcharging for a guide on here. Like you said $7 a pop shipped is a really good deal, specially if they are still shrink-wrapped. I just believe that giving excuses like "gas money" for the price hike are lame. I know some people travel 40 minutes to a BB for the guides............but even if they didn't sell any, they would still do it. I believe you call it the "thrill of the hunt". It's not a job, you do not have to do it unless you want to. So if you are going to do it anyways, why pass the cost to someone else? You just SAVED $34.98 (MSRP $34.99-0.01= $34.98) on the CE guide you wanted/needed. Isn't that a full tank of gas?

Third, I hit 2 BB's the day after the drop and scored Nier, WoW:DC 3, Sims 3:WA and Iron Man 2. Just one of each, no need to hoard.

[quote name='confoosious']I think it might actually be a job for some people.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think you might be right.

[quote name='lobito72']First off the rough paper of the bubble mailers will work better than the glossy pages of any of the guides you have. ;)

Second, I am not ranting about people overcharging for a guide on here. Like you said $7 a pop shipped is a really good deal, specially if they are still shrink-wrapped. I just believe that giving excuses like "gas money" for the price hike are lame. I know some people travel 40 minutes to a BB for the guides............but even if they didn't sell any, they would still do it. I believe you call it the "thrill of the hunt". It's not a job, you do not have to do it unless you want to. So if you are going to do it anyways, why pass the cost to someone else? You just SAVED $34.98 (MSRP $34.99-0.01= $34.98) on the CE guide you wanted/needed. Isn't that a full tank of gas?

Third, I hit 2 BB's the day after the drop and scored Nier, WoW:DC 3, Sims 3:WA and Iron Man 2. Just one of each, no need to hoard.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I do actually go to the stores for the thrill of the hunt most times, but it's still nice to trade a guide that's worth something in real world value for something else you want(game).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
At least that's the type of deal my copy of the Star Ocean: Last Hope original guide got me.
[/QUOTE]

I just found one of these in the bottom of my stack today.
What kind of deal did you get?

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Since this is an active thread, and it kind of pertains to a recent drop, I'll ask here:

Was there a separate guide made for the PS3 version of Episodes From Liberty City?[/QUOTE]

Not afaik.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Since this is an active thread, and it kind of pertains to a recent drop, I'll ask here:

Was there a separate guide made for the PS3 version of Episodes From Liberty City?[/QUOTE]
A seperate guide was NOT made for the PS3 version of EFLC. I've been using one of the copies of the 360 version I snagged at the BB drop back whenever that dropped whenever I was stuck.

Drove about 80 miles looking for guides today... I'd stop if someone would just trade me a Star Ocean, but of course not.

Got a stack more guides... Left a ton more. Might actually go back the the BBY nearest me and buy all the remaining ones this weekend and just drop them in a recycling bin =P

[quote name='confoosious']how true that is.

IAATCG: "That reminds me of the time I found a radio on sale at Goodwill for $5.00. Brand new and it was worth $10. Then some asshole offered me $10 for it shipped. :bomb: Finally we settled on $12. But then my local library ran out of ink in their printer so I couldn't print out a label so I had to hand scrawl it on a piece of paper. So I charged the guy an extra 2 cents for the ink i used. But little did he know I got a free pen from Goodwill for filling out a survey..."[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

One of my local GS's that pulled the pennied guides from the shelves on the 10/13/10 drop finally threw them in the dumpster today (well, next to the dumpster)
No limited/collectors edition though, but it was cool to get them before the trash man took em away or some homeless guy pissed on them :p

It was a nice mix of guides..(no 10 copys of bakugan), but there was 6 copys of WoW WotLK.

[quote name='elessar123']Drove about 80 miles looking for guides today... I'd stop if someone would just trade me a Star Ocean, but of course not.

Got a stack more guides... Left a ton more. Might actually go back the the BBY nearest me and buy all the remaining ones this weekend and just drop them in a recycling bin =P[/QUOTE]

I saw a couple Star Ocean guides at a BB I was at today, maybe i'll go back tomorrow and grab them if I get some free time.

[quote name='confoosious']how true that is.

IAATCG: "That reminds me of the time I found a radio on sale at Goodwill for $5.00. Brand new and it was worth $10. Then some asshole offered me $10 for it shipped. :bomb: Finally we settled on $12. But then my local library ran out of ink in their printer so I couldn't print out a label so I had to hand scrawl it on a piece of paper. So I charged the guy an extra 2 cents for the ink i used. But little did he know I got a free pen from Goodwill for filling out a survey..."

For fucks sakes man, don't you ever get tired of telling these stories? And they're not even good stories![/QUOTE]

This made me chuckle. Gotta admit. That's spot on.

Does the Mass Effect guide say "Collector's Edition" on the front cover? I had the cashier price check a Mass Effect 2 guide labeled $19.99 at my local gamestop. He said it was still that price. It was a softcover guide but didn't have the words Collector Edition or CE anywhere on the cover.

[quote name='yazman']Does the Mass Effect guide say "Collector's Edition" on the front cover? I had the cashier price check a Mass Effect 2 guide labeled $19.99 at my local gamestop. He said it was still that price. It was a softcover guide but didn't have the words Collector Edition or CE anywhere on the cover.[/QUOTE]

The collectors edition is the hardcover, it says collectors edition on the spine of it.

[quote name='Ultragamer']The collectors edition is the hardcover, it says collectors edition on the spine of it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ultragamer..

I would watch a show where Confoosious and IATCG are forced to live together.

On topic, I seemed to only get scraps from this drop which meant no ME2 Hardcover, which I had been looking forward to. Hopefully someone in the trading thread will part with one for an Alan Wake Hardcover. Was happy to get UFC 2010, as maybe I can finally win a fight. I just don't understand how that game works at all.

[quote name='murphyspub']i would watch a show where confoosious and iatcg are forced to live together.

On topic, i seemed to only get scraps from this drop which meant no me2 hardcover, which i had been looking forward to. Hopefully someone in the trading thread will part with one for an alan wake hardcover. Was happy to get ufc 2010, as maybe i can finally win a fight. I just don't understand how that game works at all.[/quote]

pm sent!

I stopped back at my closest BB this afternoon to see if they pulled the remaining guides. They had not. So I picked up a few copies of each guide I decided not to pick up(UFC 2010, for one).

Unfortunately when I got up to the register the girl waiting on me(who recognized me from using the RZ Gamer's Club coupons to get the free games earlier in the year:D) decided to remark to another cashier nearby about the price. Then they called for the guy from media, who said to sell them, but by that time it brought upon the attention of a guy with a pink shirt and a supervisor badge on.:cry:

While all that was happening the one manager who had interviewed me for a job there earlier this year walked by.:whistle2:#

I did get to buy the stack of 8-9 guides I had picked up from the shelf, but unfortunately they probably pulled the remaining ones now. I still left at least 1-2 of a couple different guides on the shelf(especially the NCAA 11 ones:puke:).

As it stands right now there are no games/guides I really need/want in the future(near or otherwise), so even if this store is a dead zone for a few months again then so be it.

I was looking for the following guides if anybody can help:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Dantes Inferno
God of War Collection
God of War 3
Super Street Fighter IV
UFC Undisputer 2010
Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet
Rachet and Clank

PM me if you can help!

[quote name='Bumslie']I was looking for the following guides if anybody can help:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Dantes Inferno
God of War Collection
God of War 3
Super Street Fighter IV
UFC Undisputer 2010
Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet
Rachet and Clank

PM me if you can help![/QUOTE]
Please take this post to the guide trade/buy/sell thread in the trading forum. Thanks.

[quote name='Bumslie']I was looking for the following guides if anybody can help:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Dantes Inferno
God of War Collection
God of War 3
Super Street Fighter IV
UFC Undisputer 2010
Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet
Rachet and Clank

PM me if you can help![/QUOTE]

not to be rude but HOW MANY fucking TIMES HAS IATCG POSTED NOT TO MAKE TRADE POST IN THIS THREAD :bomb::bomb:

geez

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']not to be rude but HOW MANY fucking TIMES HAS IATCG POSTED NOT TO MAKE TRADE POST IN THIS THREAD :bomb::bomb:

geez[/QUOTE]

That's just great. IATCG finally makes a civilized post about using the trading thread but you have to go and make the :roll:-inducing angry reply post. Smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back