Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed with Token... My BB's have like 10 games worth of guides, total. Guide sales must be major fail right now, because BB certainly isn't carrying many of them.

Found a lone Modnation guide at a GS I went to.

BB was still totally cleaned out/barren. Sucks, because last time I got some nice guides.(Metroid Prime trilogy guide sealed)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Get chummy with some of the employees. Spend some time bsing and find out which ones/stores might be hurting on their numbers for pre-orders. Then go in the day you find out stuff dropped and shmooze them a bit.

It never hurts to try but if they're really hard line and don't wanna budge, then just put your wallet/Edge card away and walk back out of the store.

But if they give you a guide that pennied, then toss them a pre-order deposit of $5 or so.[/QUOTE]
You can also get on the store manager's good side by filling out the receipt surveys and giving the store perfect 10s. The responses from those mean a lot to the DMs, so if you can help pull a store's reputation, the managers might be grateful enough to throw some guides your way. That's how I wrangled Bioshock 2 and God of War 3 CE.

[quote name='elrobo8']You can also get on the store manager's good side by filling out the receipt surveys and giving the store perfect 10s. The responses from those mean a lot to the DMs, so if you can help pull a store's reputation, the managers might be grateful enough to throw some guides your way. That's how I wrangled Bioshock 2 and God of War 3 CE.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, the surveys work. They get reports from the DM and have quotas and comparisons to other stores with those. It boosts a lot of goodwill in addition to the pre-orders. I can do them with my eyes closed now.

[quote name='elrobo8']You can also get on the store manager's good side by filling out the receipt surveys and giving the store perfect 10s. The responses from those mean a lot to the DMs, so if you can help pull a store's reputation, the managers might be grateful enough to throw some guides your way. That's how I wrangled Bioshock 2 and God of War 3 CE.[/QUOTE]
Thus far I've completely ignored those receipt surveys on every GS receipt I have and I have tons of them.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thus far I've completely ignored those receipt surveys on every GS receipt I have and I have tons of them.:cry:[/QUOTE]

My favorite example of the surveys backfiring is when the Gamestop clerk vigorously circled the receipt survey link/number with ballpoint pen - on top of the Persona 4 case that I had just driven all over town to find in new, pristine condition. Left a nice embossed circle in the case artwork. Needless to say, that survey probably didn't boost his career advancement.

Here's a tip to retail workers: just politely suggest I fill out the survey. I took a reading course: if I'm inclined to do the survey, I'll find the info without X marks the spot.

The only downside to the survey is getting the credit for it. They are anonymous, aren't they? You can tell the employee/manager/etc that you will do it, but how long before it gets back to them? And will they remember to make that connection? For those of you that use this method, how do you let them know so you can build up that goodwill?

I use IATCG's method: shmooz in person via preorders. Find a store you like (or two) and find an employee who's got some staying power (no sense becoming chummy with a guy who quits/gets fired). When a guy helps me out, say with a free poster or a penny guide, I make sure to thank him sincerely and use his name and give mine. Then, when I place a preorder, I ask for that person. It helps when there's a line, and you agree to wait a bit longer so that specific clerk can help you. Managers love to see that. And I don't say it's because he "hooked me up" or anything dumb like that. Just say he gave me great service.

In other news, no guides to speak of around here. Last week someone mentioned Bowser's Inside Story being put back out. I don't know if the same thing happened to me, but I did find a lone pristine copy at a BB outside my normal range. For all I know it may have been on the shelf the whole time--I hadn't visited that store in 6 months.

See, I'm cool with the manager at my local store, so that helps. I'm sure it also helps that I don't ask for every guide at every drop. If there's one guide that I really want from a drop that I know I won't be able to get from BB, I'll try there.

I stopped at the Newburgh Mall up in NY state yesterday while I was out of town on business and I found ANOTHER copy of the Red Steel 2 guide as well as yet another copy of the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 guide. Both were shrinkwrapped.

The clerk started going on about how they're not supposed to be out there and so on, so I told her about a 'friend' getting stores to give him guides that pennied by giving them a $5 pre-order deposit to pad their numbers.

She lit up after I mentioned that and said that it DOES help their numbers, so she sold me the two guides for $.02 plus a $5 deposit on Enslaved.

Unfortunately, since the store is an hour or more away I doubt I'll ever get back there to get the $5 deposit back, but at least she was nice and didn't just flat out say 'no you can't have them'.

I found the last Brutal Legend guide sealed at a store today.

The guy was surprised about the price and i thought he was going to be a dick and try to change it to $24.99. After he thought about it he just asked me if I had a penny, and gave me the guide and receipt...

So far
1x Mass Effect 2 Hardcover Guide (Sealed)
1x Brutal Legend Guide (Sealed)
2x Bioshock 2 Guide (Mint) one for a buddy

This thread fucking rules

[quote name='gripper']Was this last post Best Buy?????[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing GameStop, based on the guides mentioned. BL pennied at BB in February, so unless they discovered some in the back it's not likely they'd have it.

[quote name='gantt']I'm guessing GameStop, based on the guides mentioned. BL pennied at BB in February, so unless they discovered some in the back it's not likely they'd have it.[/QUOTE]
I was kind of hoping no one would respond to their post so they would actually have to read back a few pages and find out for themselves.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was kind of hoping no one would respond to their post so they would actually have to read back a few pages and find out for themselves.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but while it annoys me when people don't read the thread, it also annoys me when people post about a drop - especially one that isn't the topic of the immediately preceding posts - and neglect to mention the store.

Good to see you're still in top irascible, cantankerous form! :)

[quote name='gantt']Yeah, but while it annoys me when people don't read the thread, it also annoys me when people post about a drop - especially one that isn't the topic of the immediately preceding posts - and neglect to mention the store.

Good to see you're still in top irascible, cantankerous form! :)[/QUOTE]
That's cuz I had my prune juice today.;)

As for the drop info with no store listed, that annoys me too.

I read back 20 pages and just lost the will to live - the pages backwards did not give a clue as to the store the guy was talking about in the first place, which you both just agreed was annoying.

Trolling is also annoying when the person doing it contradicts themselves. I just asked a simple question - check the time stamps before you go stomping in please.......

[quote name='gripper']I read back 20 pages and just lost the will to live - the pages backwards did not give a clue as to the store the guy was talking about in the first place, which you both just agreed was annoying.

Trolling is also annoying when the person doing it contradicts themselves. I just asked a simple question - check the time stamps before you go stomping in please.......[/QUOTE]
All you had to do was go back and compared which stores have pennied and which stores haven't pennied each of those guides they listed against the lists in either the second or third posts on the first page to find out which store they were for.

Either that or PMing someone may get a response faster than just posting in a thread and waiting for the response.

I popped my penny guide cherry today. I was out and about looking for TRU clearance games and figured I'd hit up the Best Buys along the way. At one store, I got Bower's Inside Story and what I thought was the pennied Cheats & Codes. I read the first page again and I got the Spring one, not Winter :[ Will probably return that (they had Winter, too!). First store that rang up .01 had a manager walk away with it for 5 minutes, then eventually come back and tell the cashier to sell it to me for 1 cent. The cashier asked why, and the manager said she'd tell them later. :whistle2:k

Second store had Inside Story, KH 358/2, and FF Crystal Chronicles. Those all rang up without issue, and the dude just glanced at the 1 cent price on the first guide without saying anything, then just kept ringing up the rest. I picked up a few BRs at each store to have more of a final total. Both Bowser copies were sealed :D

Now to check over the list again and compare it to what I saw...and join the trading thread!

I went to the Gamestop in Frisco TX on Gaylord Pkwy next to Target today. I found two copies of the Brutal Legend game guide. I took one (plus some other filler) up to be price checked "just in case some got marked down." It rang up 1 penny, so the guy told me to just take it for free. So I did (and I put the other ones back)! There was still 1 copy there when I left if anyone wants it. Luckily, I got some kid who stepped in at the register while the "manager type" was busy with other customers. I'm sure the other guy would have given me a hard time with it. So, I guess YMMV.

lol cheapest you went to my gamestops =P i already cleaned out the one copy of harvest moon sunshine they had. the other stuff was things i didnt want so i left em. i dont take penny guides that i know i wont use or trade really as i dont have the room for em. if you were at the mall gamestop the girl was prolly jackie. somewhat short cute brunette.

well as for todays drop, my store in central doesn't open up for another half hour but i'll check then (gonna grab tekken 6 on 360 for $10 anyways). My store is awesome at pulling guides though so i'll also mention if anything goes "missing".

[quote name='gauu']lol cheapest you went to my gamestops =P i already cleaned out the one copy of harvest moon sunshine they had. the other stuff was things i didnt want so i left em. i dont take penny guides that i know i wont use or trade really as i dont have the room for em. if you were at the mall gamestop the girl was prolly jackie. somewhat short cute brunette.[/QUOTE]

Right now "Jackie" is debating whether that means she's somewhat short or somewhat cute. lol

[quote name='sinister']I went to the Gamestop in Frisco TX on Gaylord Pkwy next to Target today.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe there is a street named Gaylord in Texas...I thought they would have outlawed the name and changed it just to Lord Parkway. haha I kid Texas.

I was able to pick up a couple of guides from the last GS drop, thank you to all who posted.

Oh I also was able to add Jake Gyllenhaal to my collection so I can reenact scenes from brokeback mountain with my Heath Ledger joker figure. :booty:

[quote name='slowdive21']I can't believe there is a street named Gaylord in Texas...I thought they would have outlawed the name and changed it just to Lord Parkway. haha I kid Texas.

I was able to pick up a couple of guides from the last GS drop, thank you to all who posted.

Oh I also was able to add Jake Gyllenhaal to my collection so I can reenact scenes from brokeback mountain with my Heath Ledger joker figure. :booty:[/QUOTE]
The arena here in Nashville used to be called the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Everyone called it the gec though. I have never found any guides around here.

[quote name='DragynFyre']well as for todays drop, my store in central doesn't open up for another half hour but i'll check then (gonna grab tekken 6 on 360 for $10 anyways). My store is awesome at pulling guides though so i'll also mention if anything goes "missing".[/QUOTE]

Tekken deal is over i believe....keeping fingers crossed for a mega drop...well even a little drop at BB would be nice, this year sure has been slow for pennying!

[quote name='gauu']lol cheapest you went to my gamestops =P i already cleaned out the one copy of harvest moon sunshine they had. the other stuff was things i didnt want so i left em. i dont take penny guides that i know i wont use or trade really as i dont have the room for em. if you were at the mall gamestop the girl was prolly jackie. somewhat short cute brunette.[/QUOTE]
That indeed was who rang up the guides I picked up.:D At first I thought to myself 'wtf am I gonna do with another BF: BC2 and Red Steel guide', but I just couldn't bear the the thought of them going to the dumpster.

Whatever happened to them building that big shopping complex near there? The last time I was there they had some land cleared out for some big shopping center and this time when I went it was kinda overgrown. I'm guessing the permits have been denied for the project, huh?

Then again, I think they were supposed to add another Best Buy to that shopping center and between the one in Poughkeepsie, the one in Middletown and the one in Monroe the area already seems a bit oversaturated with them.

Speaking of the Monroe one, I can still remember about 3-4 years ago zipping up the one entrance ramp into the parking lot for the store and screeching to a halt to try and hit up that store while I was up that way.

I think it was like 8:50 and the store was closing in 10 minutes. Shame really cuz I would've hit the mall I think that store was attached to as well. I haven't been back there yet since that time.

And yeah, Jackie is kinda cute.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Speaking of the Monroe one, I can still remember about 3-4 years ago zipping up the one entrance ramp into the parking lot for the store and screeching to a halt to try and hit up that store while I was up that way.

I think it was like 8:50 and the store was closing in 10 minutes. Shame really cuz I would've hit the mall I think that store was attached to as well. I haven't been back there yet since that time.
[/QUOTE]

If the Monroe one that you're talking about is the BBY next to Marketplace Mall, i haven't had any luck with guides. As for the gamestop in the mall it's kinda hit or miss, had some luck awhile ago.

What is the best way to value guides? In other words, how do you know what a guide is worth? Is there a listing? Do you compare the prices from ebay? I haven't traded yet, but I like to be sure that I'm not trading a good guide for a cheap guide.

[quote name='Aznchaos3']If the Monroe one that you're talking about is the BBY next to Marketplace Mall, i haven't had any luck with guides. As for the gamestop in the mall it's kinda hit or miss, had some luck awhile ago.[/QUOTE]
I believe that is the one. My one buddy from CAG(who I first bumped into in the Middletown store about 3-4 years ago)works up in Middletown and used to tell me about hitting all of these stores up that way.

It's been ages since I've been to both BB stores(Middletown,Poughkeepsie) that I knew how to get to up there. I think I only found the Monroe store by accident that one night, since I went down through Newburgh, turned left down by the river and went all these backroads n crap.:cry:
[quote name='Readthepost']What is the best way to value guides? In other words, how do you know what a guide is worth? Is there a listing? Do you compare the prices from ebay? I haven't traded yet, but I like to be sure that I'm not trading a good guide for a cheap guide.[/QUOTE]

I usually compare high and low prices from Ebay and average them out to know whether or not a guide becomes 'trade only' or is just a common guide.

Unfortunately some guides don't immediately become valuable, so if you have enough storage space HOLD ONTO THEM FOR A WHILE.

I learned this lesson the painful way since I got rid of some guides to a local shop for $.25 each, only to find that some are now worth $10-20 or more apiece. But at the time I wanted the space freed up and I still felt that I was making 24x what I paid for them, so why not.:roll:#-o

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Readthepost']What is the best way to value guides? In other words, how do you know what a guide is worth? Is there a listing? Do you compare the prices from ebay? I haven't traded yet, but I like to be sure that I'm not trading a good guide for a cheap guide.[/QUOTE]

I usually compare high and low prices from Ebay and average them out to know whether or not a guide becomes 'trade only' or is just a common guide.

Unfortunately some guides don't immediately become valuable, so if you have enough storage space HOLD ONTO THEM FOR A WHILE.

I learned this lesson the painful way since I got rid of some guides to a local shop for $.25 each, only to find that some are now worth $10-20 or more apiece. But at the time I wanted the space freed up and I still felt that I was making 24x what I paid for them, so why not.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I usually compare high and low prices from Ebay and average them out to know whether or not a guide becomes 'trade only' or is just a common guide.

I learned this lesson the painful way since I got rid of some guides to a local shop for $.25 each, only to find that some are now worth $10-20 or more apiece. But at the time I wanted the space freed up and I still felt that I was making 24x what I paid for them, so why not.:roll:#-o[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I'll hold on to them.
The only thing about ebay pricing is that sometimes someone puts a "Buy it now" with an extremely high price and it throws off the average.

What is a new sealed "Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Collector's Wii Guide" worth? (White cover)

wow really sorry for such a late update, i had a friend of mine check on the guides nothing dropped, though my star wars force unleashed guides made a magical reappearance, all 20 of them.

And i dont know if the tekken deal was over but they rainchecked it for me due to severe weather (they were closed) so i was able to pick up my game today.

Once again sorry for such a late update.

[quote name='Readthepost']Thanks for the info. I'll hold on to them.
The only thing about ebay pricing is that sometimes someone puts a "Buy it now" with an extremely high price and it throws off the average.

What is a new sealed "Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Collector's Wii Guide" worth? (White cover)[/QUOTE]
The white covered guide was a softcover one though, which is usually not noted as being a 'collectors' or special edition.

But going by the highest and lowest auctions from this link($24.99 BIN and $7 one): http://completed.shop.ebay.com/Guid...de wii&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

I would say that the average price to ask for would be around $16.

The LoZ guide youre talking about is, like IATCG said, about $16. When you look up the going price of an item, ALWAYS check the box that says show completed listings. This is the most accurate way to price stuff(on ebay anyway).

In other news, I had some adventures the past 2 days.

Went to a gamestop about 20 minutes from my place, and found 5 sealed metroid prime trilogy guides, 3 modnation racers, and an uncharted 2 guide.

I got a copy of MPT and modnation, but had forgotten uncharted 2 was pennied. They werent very happy with me, and the employee said his manager didnt want to give them to me. He gave me the 2 guides I brought up though, so I didnt want to push them to give me the others on the shelf. They said they would take them off as soon as I left.

I went back today(hoping to dumpster dive for those guides) and there was somebody else working there, no manager. The guides weren't pulled yet, but there was a clipboard sitting on top of the rack with all the guides listed. I grabbed 1 of each, brought them up, and as he scanned the second guide told me, hold it, I cant sell you these. He then asked me to leave the store.

I was a little upset(mostly because he basically kicked me out), but I could see why he did it I guess, They probably got chewed out for what happened yesterday.

It was a pretty bad day altogether, I went back to some stores trying to find stuff I passed on yesterday. Particularly an old PC game at a goodwill that I coulda flipped for $50+ easy. Gone today. BUT I know a manager at a gamestop close to my apartments that said he has been holding a copy of GoW3 ultimate guide for me since they pennied. I went there on my way home, cheered me up!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The white covered guide was a softcover one though, which is usually not noted as being a 'collectors' or special edition.

But going by the highest and lowest auctions from this link($24.99 BIN and $7 one):
I would say that the average price to ask for would be around $16.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Potatoeman']The LoZ guide youre talking about is, like IATCG said, about $16. When you look up the going price of an item, ALWAYS check the box that says show completed listings. This is the most accurate way to price stuff(on ebay anyway).[/QUOTE]

Thank you both.

[quote name='Potatoeman']BUT I know a manager at a gamestop close to my apartments that said he has been holding a copy of GoW3 ultimate guide for me since they pennied. I went there on my way home, cheered me up![/QUOTE]

Cool that the day had a happy ending for you.

I was hitting up Half Price Books on Sunday and found a mispriced GOW3 Ultimate guide for $10. Probably why they are getting so stingy with penny guides in my area--they all show up at HPB. Anyway, had a 50% off coupon, so got that nice hardcover for $5! I was pleased with that. :)

to answer the few questions. cheapest that land wasnt denied its just put on a hault for now. the monroe store isnt a hit or miss the manager and me are friends so he saves stuff for me. assuming your talking about the gamestop in crystal run galleria aka middletown mall. as far as jackie yah i meant shes short and cute =P. shes married now though =(. she always hooks me up though since i do a ton of reserves in that store. she is actually the main reason i made ultimate tier status for square members this year. she gave me a few of the codes i needed so i can get my 8gb apple ipod touch loaded with ff2 =).

[quote name='gauu']to answer the few questions. cheapest that land wasnt denied its just put on a hault for now. the monroe store isnt a hit or miss the manager and me are friends so he saves stuff for me. assuming your talking about the gamestop in crystal run galleria aka middletown mall. as far as jackie yah i meant shes short and cute =P. shes married now though =(. she always hooks me up though since i do a ton of reserves in that store. she is actually the main reason i made ultimate tier status for square members this year. she gave me a few of the codes i needed so i can get my 8gb apple ipod touch loaded with ff2 =).[/QUOTE]
Had I known about the Squenix code thing sooner, I probably would've had the closest GS that lets me trade multiples of games save me some of the codes from the games, since I'd love to get an iPod for the price of $5-10 worth of reserves at Gamestop.:D

I kind of figured that that project in Newburgh got put on hold. That's how the WalMart complex just down the road is right now. They were supposed to be open last year sometime, but they got the mineral rights to the property and were digging out tons of coal(and causing carbon monoxide to seep into people's homes)from the hillsides for over a year.

Now they were saying they're slated to open in September, but that got pushed back now until November.:roll:

At the rate they're going currently they'll never open up the complex, which is good for the grocery store(Price Chopper) right across from the new complex, since they're bound to lose a ton of business once they open.

[quote name='snowmint']Scored Mario Luigi Inside Story at BB in Mass![/QUOTE]

Just curious where? I was in a BB a week ago and that was the only guide I saw in that store.

Got the following from my bestbuy just yesterday, was kinda surprised they were still on the shelves this long.

Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
Cheat Code Overload Winter 2010

Labor Day marks the point where it's been a full quarter since the last BB drop. Fingers crossed. I'll find my way in there for some price scans sometime on Monday.

[quote name='hellmutt']Labor Day marks the point where it's been a full quarter since the last BB drop. Fingers crossed. I'll find my way in there for some price scans sometime on Monday.[/QUOTE]

no doubt man, this is the first time i can remember in ages that there's only been one drop since the start of the year and it's almost October!

[quote name='dabamus']@ballbarfer: there was another in Febuary, but it was a pre-pull.[/QUOTE]

Not a successful pre-pull, at least not here, thanks to my local blueshirts.

[quote name='gantt']Not a successful pre-pull, at least not here, thanks to my local blueshirts.[/QUOTE]

Lucky, they are pretty good around here typically. I went to 3 different locations hoping to find a ratchet and clank a crack in time guide when that drop happened, didn't have any luck though. Why I was surprised to just recently find 3 guides from a drop 3 months ago. Hopefully I'll be able to get something on the next drop, really hoping on the assassins creed II CE guide.

[quote name='gantt']Not a successful pre-pull, at least not here, thanks to my local blueshirts.[/QUOTE]

Super lucky, in fact, I think I went to at least 10 best buys, and only found 1 single guide - Army of two 40th day. It wasnt even one that I wanted. At least in Cali, Ive noticed that the pre-pulls are done right, and the BB have gotten super strict on penny guides...:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back