Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XII(Stock locator trick FAQ added to OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

To expand on this, if you come off as DEMANDING, then you'll likely be barred from the store and possibly banned from ALL of their stores entirely. Moreover, you may be charged with trespassing if you continue to press this, as retail stores are PRIVATE PROPERTY.

The penny price is NOT an actual price that the stores HAVE to sell the merchandise for, it is a 'marker' in their system to the employees to pull/destroy those items. The fact that we as CAG's get ANY of these means that employees are not doing their jobs correctly and we are very lucky to even get them in the first place.

So don't press your luck and ruin it for everyone by being an asshole to a manager/cashier who just wants to keep their job by doing what they're supposed to.

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price or 3) There are multiple versions of the guide and the one you grabbed is a newer version that has NOT pennied as of yet. Some examples of this are: The Godfather and Oblivion.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Best Buy Stock Locator FAQ to find stock for deleted SKU's(works for games and guides):

Here's a good little trick that some of you may already know. If you want to find out if your local Best Buy has stock of an item, but the page(and SKU) for it has been deleted you can STILL find/create a stock locator page for it.

Here's how to do it:

Google the item you're looking for the SKU for. Once you find it, take that SKU and copy/paste it into the URL for another item's stock locator page on BestBuy.com after where it says skuID=(example: blahblahblahblahskuID=2085453), then hit enter to reload the page with the new SKU in place of the old one and search away.:D

Unfortunately no such method exists for Gamestop at this time.

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

PLEASE USE THE THREAD TOOLS DROP DOWN MENU TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW THREAD, RATHER THAN WASTING A POST TO POST 'TAGGED'. THANKS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mxpowar']I wasn't sure where to ask this so I thought this might be the best place for it. [/QUOTE] This is not the best place to ask this type of question. We discuss pennied or reduced price guides.

[quote name='mxpowar']So I guess my question is, is there a place on the internet or a retail store that will make strategy guides to order or take requests?[/QUOTE] Not to my knowledge.

[quote name='mxpowar']I'm sorry, I guess I did not make myself clear enough. I am looking for FULL walkthroughs for the games I mentioned. Partially finished guides are ok if they cover a specific section you're looking for but I am looking for guides for the ENTIRE game. Also, the guide you linked to for Adventures to Go! was for a "Crystal Combo list", not a walkthrough for the game. Lastly, why did you feel the need to be condescending? No matter what you've been told, it won't increase the size of your e-penis. It will only make you look like a douche.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Cheapest provided to 2 links and an insult. Even if these links weren't exactly what you had in your own mind... he tried to help you with 2 links. Think about this way, he could have just said the insult only.

If you ask me for water and I give you tap water and said "next time the tap water is over there". You should say "thank you", and not say "hey man I meant bottled water and screw you about your tap water comment".

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Everybody's entitled to their opinion, even if it's wrong. :razz: j/k

I used to follow the guides word for word and I went through so many games back in the day, but I had no fun compared to just exploring on my own. But if that's what someone wants to do, then so be it.[/QUOTE]

I think that's why I don't finish a lot of my games and get bored with them, I'm the type of person that will go through one level for an hour and a half when somebody else will zoom through it in 10 minutes.

[quote name='neocisco']He always overreacts like that. Just ignore him, that's the easiest thing to do.

If you've tried all of those options that you mentioned (some that I wasn't aware of), it sounds like you've almost exhausted your options. Some games just never have guides made for them or are too much of a niche game for someone to create a walkthrough/FAQ for. Hopefully someone might have some other options for you. Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I was just taking a shot in the dark, hoping someone had an idea I hadn't thought of. CAGs are usually very informed and helpful. Well, in any case, thanks for the civil response.

[quote name='Readthepost']This is not the best place to ask this type of question. We discuss pennied or reduced price guides.[/QUOTE]

OK then, where would be the best place to ask this question?

[quote name='Readthepost']Dude, Cheapest provided to 2 links and an insult. Even if these links weren't exactly what you had in your own mind... he tried to help you with 2 links. Think about this way, he could have just said the insult only.

If you ask me for water and I give you tap water and said "next time the tap water is over there". You should say "thank you", and not say "hey man I meant bottled water and screw you about your tap water comment".[/QUOTE]

Dude, it looks like you didn't understand what happened at all. It was more like I asked for water after having said that I already looked in places x, y, and z and did not find it. Then someone comes along and says, "Here I found some brown water in place y for you like you asked, next time look a little harder." Giving someone something other than what they asked for and then being a jerk about it is not "helping" and therefore does not deserve a "thank you."

Hello Caggers! I'm new to the whole Penny Guide stuff so I'm looking for a bit of help x)
I read through the entire OP (Yes, and the FAQ) and just have one question..

If a guide is listed as a "penny" guide on this thread and I go find the guide at a store like BB or GS, will it ring up as .01 or something? Like, let's say there's still the original price on the guide. Then they scan it. Will it come up as a penny?

I know that most of these get pulled from the shelves.. so I'm guessing you kinda have to be lucky to find one in store. Right?

That's all I had to askkk. Sorry if these have been answered beforee.

[quote name='mxpowar'] Dude, it looks like you didn't understand what happened at all. It was more like I asked for water after having said that I already looked in places x, y, and z and did not find it. Then someone comes along and says, "Here I found some brown water in place y for you like you asked, next time look a little harder." Giving someone something other than what they asked for and then being a jerk about it is not "helping" and therefore does not deserve a "thank you."[/QUOTE]
Brown water is still water. If you were dehydrated and dying of thirst, you'd drink green water if you had to.:booty: Sorry if I wasn't very helpful, but you really might want to try the main gaming sites(IGN, etc) to see if anyone there could lead you to published or web only guides.

[quote name='kyrhon']Hello Caggers! I'm new to the whole Penny Guide stuff so I'm looking for a bit of help x)
I read through the entire OP (Yes, and the FAQ) and just have one question..

If a guide is listed as a "penny" guide on this thread and I go find the guide at a store like BB or GS, will it ring up as .01 or something? Like, let's say there's still the original price on the guide. Then they scan it. Will it come up as a penny?

I know that most of these get pulled from the shelves.. so I'm guessing you kinda have to be lucky to find one in store. Right?

That's all I had to askkk. Sorry if these have been answered beforee.[/QUOTE]
This has been asked before.:razz: Anyway....

It will ring up as a penny, but at Gamestop you'd have to hope that they have the price the item rings up as coming up on the debit/credit card video pad thing on the counter, since only the cashier can see the price typically in GS.

But in Best Buy just pay attention to the screen on the register as it'll show as a penny there. But then it's just up to whether or not the cashier will allow the sale or not.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Brown water is still water. If you were dehydrated and dying of thirst, you'd drink green water if you had to.:booty: Sorry if I wasn't very helpful, but you really might want to try the main gaming sites(IGN, etc) to see if anyone there could lead you to published or web only guides.

This has been asked before.:razz: Anyway....

It will ring up as a penny, but at Gamestop you'd have to hope that they have the price the item rings up as coming up on the debit/credit card video pad thing on the counter, since only the cashier can see the price typically in GS.

But in Best Buy just pay attention to the screen on the register as it'll show as a penny there. But then it's just up to whether or not the cashier will allow the sale or not.[/QUOTE]

Doh. ahhaa I suspected that it had been asked previously. x)
But Ahh. I see. So it's just a matter of luck kinda on having the cashier selling it to you and finding a copy of it on the shelves. I seee.

Thanks a lot! :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Brown water is still water. If you were dehydrated and dying of thirst, you'd drink green water if you had to.:booty: Sorry if I wasn't very helpful, but you really might want to try the main gaming sites(IGN, etc) to see if anyone there could lead you to published or web only guides.[/QUOTE]

I've already checked there in the past with no luck but thank you anyway for the suggestion :mrgreen:

I dropped by the Little Rock, AR Best Buy while I was in the area and saw that they'd put back out some of the guides from the second October drop. I grabbed the only LoZ: Spirit Tracks CE and saw a number of Splinter Cell: Convictions, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and one Alan Wake, all of which were in the PS3 aisle. I'd already grabbed one of each when the drop happened, so I left them for the next person.

I checked the Gamestop down the road next while I was hunting for a Sly Collection guide (grabbed the last one!), and saw they still had one God of War 3 guide from the most recent drop. I didn't notice anything else while I was there. I was hoping to find a Vanquish guide since I'm playing through the game right now, but alas, the guy at the counter said they didn't have any. The GoW guide should still be there, so if anyone lives in the area, feel free to grab it.

Just wanted to give thanks for maintaining this thread. Was killing time at my BB tonight, and decided to check out the guide section + this thread for the first time and scored a ACII LE guide. Awesome!

-

[quote name='gunstar808']Just wanted to give thanks for maintaining this thread. Was killing time at my BB tonight, and decided to check out the guide section + this thread for the first time and scored a ACII LE guide. Awesome!

-[/QUOTE]

You mean you just wanted to bump this thread Monday morning. Thanks. :);)

j/k:lol:

I'm probably going to hit up Best Buy at lunch. As a general rule, if the guide is full price on the website, it's usually not pennied, right?

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm probably going to hit up Best Buy at lunch. As a general rule, if the guide is full price on the website, it's usually not pennied, right?[/QUOTE]

Being on the site at all is a bad sign.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']You mean you just wanted to bump this thread Monday morning. Thanks. :);)

j/k:lol:[/QUOTE]

Who would do such a thing?

i went into TRU and scanned some of the guides and they came up not found in the system does this mean that they are .01 guides and if so how do i go about getting them for that price

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (along with a few others--I don't recall which ones) is $2 at TRU. Post the ones you scanned and I'll see if they ring a bell.

Zelda Wind Waker (hard cover)
Bio Shock 2
wish i could rember the others was a total of like 5 guides but they where all titles that are .01 BB was in a rush running around before had to get the wifey from work

since mass effect 2 LE fell, when should mass effect 2 normal fall?

also i saw a ton of halo 3 :eek:dst guides at my BB, when should that drop?

[quote name='51jack']since mass effect 2 LE fell, when should mass effect 2 normal fall?

also i saw a ton of halo 3 :eek:dst guides at my BB, when should that drop?[/QUOTE]

There's no telling when a guide will drop, but if it drops it will be posted here. Just subscribe to the thread and you'll know when a drop occurs whether it's at Bestbuy or Gamestop.

On another note, Anyone possibly have a list of the guides that price-dropped to $2 at TRU? I've only noticed people post like 1 guide they noticed drop, would be nice to see a semi-full list posted.

Probably should have offered to pay full price - current 50% sale to see if they would have done that....still would have been a good deal =]

TRU guides that were confirmed for $2 in the last thread but never added to the OP.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Those are the only ones I know about. If you find any more please post them.

[quote name='ballbarfer']boy would it be nice to start off the New Year with a best buy drop....keepin my fingers crossed!![/QUOTE]

ballbarfer!!! welcome back! I thought you were going to miss this thread ;) We are ripe for a drop, I can just smell it. Was at a BB over the weekend that still had a ton of guides from the last drop, all stacked up at the bottom with guides just a mess everywhere. Big dude walks over to me and asks, "are you getting the ones for a penny only?" Shit-eating-grin on my part, "Of course!!" Plus there are guides for games that are coming up to the 3 month mark of being released when sometimes such guides will penny. My guess is February..

[quote name='ballbarfer']boy would it be nice to start off the New Year with a best buy drop....keepin my fingers crossed!![/QUOTE]
:roll: You forgot 'durrrrr was there a drop today guys'.:whistle2:#

OKAY.. so now I’m back on this site. My 2 week ban is up, please don’t try to get me banned again. If you want to respond to this, please don’t make it some argument, I don’t want to get banned like just mentioned. I didn’t troll, and it took some of you a long time to realize that, but thanks for realizing that I didn’t. I just now know not to ever say how my experiences with the managers went. As for some of you that live in the area of me. I talked to the store manager at the one I go to. He is the one that told me the gamestops to hit up. I was going by his word, I did read the first post. I know it mentions, if they say no, don’t push it and just drop it. But this would have been my very first guide, so I really wanted it, kind of like a trophy =P But like I was saying, I was going by the store manager, he said its their own fault for not removing them, therefore if it’s on the floor, they are supposed to sell it to you. So how it ended up, the manager Justin was a dick, the mall security (and sorry I called it mall security and not strip mall security) but anyways, the strip mall security Nick was totally on my side too as well. He even said that they were supposed to sell it to me. If I waited for him to step into the store, I would’ve made the manager look like a dick in front of a packed store. Also on that note, I got the district managers number from the gamestop I go to. And the area code is (360) that for all I know is Vancouver, WA. I don’t know of 360 other than that, but I know there’s more than just that. But talking to Melony (DM) she was also totally on my side. She said it was their fault too as well and it should have been sold to me. She said she is gonna see to it personally that something is done about that bastard Justin. I’m gonna try to do some follow up to find out if anything is getting done about it. Not that it matters really, but I think it would be cool to have him fired for what he did, then to run into him and say something like.. “Just think, you got fired over something costing a penny. When all you had to do is sell it and nothing more..”

Also, don’t worry, I was just pissed about getting banned over something I shouldn’t have gotten banned, so that meaning, I didn’t report this thread to anyone, still no gamestop employee (I dealt with) knows of it through this whole ordeal. And I am sorry for saying junk about you fellow CAG’s. I hope everything can be good from here on out, like I said before, I am sorry..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll: You forgot 'durrrrr was there a drop today guys'.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

^^^ I think that post above is much better than the usual Monday durrr drop post.

I've just been blinded by the wall o' bright white text. TL;DR

I just wish Best Buy had self service price scanners...it would make penny guide confirmation so much easier.

[quote name='karkyco']^^^ I think that post above is much better than the usual Monday durrr drop post.

I've just been blinded by the wall o' bright white text. TL;DR

I just wish Best Buy had self service price scanners...it would make penny guide confirmation so much easier.[/QUOTE]

as to that, sorry for the white =P I was banned (obviously) so I typed and copied and pasted, it came in all black or whatever, so I tried my best to get the color it is now..

Zerg, I was one to (sort of) vouch for your story as I can at least confirm the possibility that the manager you mentioned has that name and is sort of that way ;). But still, I had to edit your post above. All the stuff about Square Enix codes doesn't belong in there. There is another thread for that. Plus no guide trades and such are allowed in this thread - again, there is another thread for that. Or you can make your own trade list (in the right place) if you want to trade the guides and codes.

As for whether they can or should sell guides to you if you find them on the floor for that price, I dunno. I had a manager at another nearby (to where you were) GS take the one penny guide I found, which was a good one (Valkyria Chronicles I think) and manually override the 1 cent price with the full $19.99. When I asked him what it was originally and basically called him on it (in a very polite and calm manner), he said "It would never be a penny" in an irritated snarl. I just said forget it, then, and walked away.

[quote name='zergtillian']Also, don’t worry, I was just pissed about getting banned over something I shouldn’t have gotten banned, so that meaning, I didn’t report this thread to anyone, still no gamestop employee (I dealt with) knows of it through this whole ordeal. And I am sorry for saying junk about you fellow CAG’s. I hope everything can be good from here on out, like I said before, I am sorry...[/QUOTE]Time will tell if you're able to keep from being a nuisance or not, as well as seeing if your apology holds its weight or not.

[quote name='io']Zerg, I was one to (sort of) vouch for your story as I can at least confirm the possibility that the manager you mentioned has that name and is sort of that way ;). But still, I had to edit your post above. All the stuff about Square Enix codes doesn't belong in there. There is another thread for that. Plus no guide trades and such are allowed in this thread - again, there is another thread for that. Or you can make your own trade list (in the right place) if you want to trade the guides and codes.

As for whether they can or should sell guides to you if you find them on the floor for that price, I dunno. I had a manager at another nearby (to where you were) GS take the one penny guide I found, which was a good one (Valkyria Chronicles I think) and manually override the 1 cent price with the full $19.99. When I asked him what it was originally and basically called him on it (in a very polite and calm manner), he said "It would never be a penny" in an irritated snarl. I just said forget it, then, and walked away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry for posting about a trade. Edited it again and deleted that little add on you did, but I did read about it =P Yeah I finally got a couple penny guides from a gamestop, but I was going there to trade guides, I bought the StarCraft 2 (paperback guide) and it was kinda torn and it was the last one where I bought it. So I called in and they said they had loads, so I returned it and saw that blood stone 007 game guide, picked them up and got my guide exchanged and those also as well. So I was happy about finally getting a penny guide. Gonna keep it as a trophy (kinda dumb, but oh well)

On a sidenote, seeing as you said you are in this area and know of that manager. It was totally bs with it all. I had no clue he was a manager, I did just want to deal with a normal employee that wouldn't know much or anything about it. But instead I got him. All he had was a nametag saying his name, nothing stating he was a manager like it's supposed to..

[quote name='shrike4242']Time will tell if you're able to keep from being a nuisance or not, as well as seeing if your apology holds its weight or not.[/QUOTE]

Probably sounding stupid on this. But I'm sure you're refering to whether I'll hold up to what I said in the apology. If so, I will, won't have another problem with that. But if you're meaning, people causing an uproar over it, I hope that won't happen. I am sorry and don't want to cause problems..

zerg - i'm not trying to start a fight here. I don't know if you saw the old thread but I actually said you shouldn't have been banned for trolling. But your apology post still shows to me that you're not getting it. NO ATTENTION should ever be made to penny guides. When you involve Melony (DM), you've just made sure that penny guides get a lot of attention in your area. Unless the individual store employees there don't give a rats ass about keeping their jobs, it's gonna be bone dry for a while.

While I'm sure getting Justin fired would be loads of fun, (There's an idiot store manager in every district.) it's not gonna help you with getting penny guides. If this happens to you at Best buy, just suck it up and walk out of the door. Don't ruin that store for everyone too.

Sorry Zergtillian but you are 100% dead wrong. Stores reserve the right to refuse a sale to anyone for any reason as long as its not discrimination. You have 0 recourse in that, and mall security is not a lawyer they do not know jack.

All you did by raising a scene was shoot yourself in the foot as well as screw anyone in your area.

[quote name='confoosious']zerg - i'm not trying to start a fight here. I don't know if you saw the old thread but I actually said you shouldn't have been banned for trolling. But your apology post still shows to me that you're not getting it. NO ATTENTION should ever be made to penny guides. When you involve Melony (DM), you've just made sure that penny guides get a lot of attention in your area. Unless the individual store employees there don't give a rats ass about keeping their jobs, it's gonna be bone dry for a while.

While I'm sure getting Justin fired would be loads of fun, (There's an idiot store manager in every district.) it's not gonna help you with getting penny guides. If this happens to you at Best buy, just suck it up and walk out of the door. Don't ruin that store for everyone too.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Brian9824']Sorry Zergtillian but you are 100% dead wrong. Stores reserve the right to refuse a sale to anyone for any reason as long as its not discrimination. You have 0 recourse in that, and mall security is not a lawyer they do not know jack.

All you did by raising a scene was shoot yourself in the foot as well as screw anyone in your area.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause:

I used to be EXACTLY like them too. I would make a stink over something that if I had just left the store after being denied and come back later or gone to another store in the same area I could've likely picked the guide up with no hassle whatsoever.

Anymore I actually tell the employees to check with a manager to make sure it's ok if they're iffy on it, since I don't wanna be the reason someone loses their job.

It's called common courtesy and not acting like an entitled idiot. Albeit sometimes I act entitled still, but not over something as trivial as penny guides anymore.

I've even become selective in what I grab when there is a drop. If I see some LE/SE/CE guides that dropped I'll grab those first and go back for any non hardcovers I might want AFTER I get those.;) Before I used to just 'grab all dem shitz' and walk out with NOTHING besides having done the employees job of pulling the guides for them half the time.:cry:

[quote name='zergtillian']Probably sounding stupid on this. But I'm sure you're refering to whether I'll hold up to what I said in the apology. If so, I will, won't have another problem with that. But if you're meaning, people causing an uproar over it, I hope that won't happen. I am sorry and don't want to cause problems..[/QUOTE]

Eh i've been banned on this site a billion times and not once was i trolling but some people are just little tiny small babies and can not handle another person's point of view and so they cry to the mods who then must simmer peeps down and so someone has to be banned. Best advice is too stay who you are but if a subject is starting to get sticky then just don't respond and let the babies go cry to mama!!

yeah I get what you're all saying, I'll lay off on it if it happens again. But like I said on a trip to gamestop, I was successful, but I was also exchanging a guide, so maybe that's why they let it slide. Either way I was happy to get a guide, now I just really want to get the CE SC2 guide =P

Was just in a Gamestop this morning, and the 50% off guide signs were still up. Sole employee was on the phone, so I didn't ask. I don't see a sale listed on the website currently. Anybody know if it's still on this week?

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Was just in a Gamestop this morning, and the 50% off guide signs were still up. Sole employee was on the phone, so I didn't ask. I don't see a sale listed on the website currently. Anybody know if it's still on this week?[/QUOTE]

Ended the 10th, so it won't ring up. The employee's just haven't taken the sign down yet.

was just in a Gamestop yesterday,(seattle-Southcentral Mall) , the 11th and seen the signs were still up. Asked a employee if the sale wais still going on, he said it was so i picked up a fallout NV CE & AC Brotherhood LE guide. Kinda goes against my grain paying more than a penny, but with all the crack downs going on lately figured i would srping for some guides that i felt were worth it. But they rang up 50% off with out override so, but def YMMV

[quote name='zergtillian']yeah I get what you're all saying, I'll lay off on it if it happens again. But like I said on a trip to gamestop, I was successful, but I was also exchanging a guide, so maybe that's why they let it slide. Either way I was happy to get a guide, now I just really want to get the CE SC2 guide =P[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure we totally forgot your incident. Your apology is not needed but i understand it may have weighed heavily on your mind. Anyway, now you know...

Welcome back to CAG. Enjoy your stay :)

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Was just in a Gamestop this morning, and the 50% off guide signs were still up. Sole employee was on the phone, so I didn't ask. I don't see a sale listed on the website currently. Anybody know if it's still on this week?[/QUOTE]

They have a sticker price policy where Gamestop honors the price displayed on sticker even if it is lower than the actual price in their computer. I don't think it applies in this particular situation but you may want to give it a try.

[quote name='Brian9824']Sorry Zergtillian but you are 100% dead wrong. Stores reserve the right to refuse a sale to anyone for any reason as long as its not discrimination. You have 0 recourse in that, and mall security is not a lawyer they do not know jack.

All you did by raising a scene was shoot yourself in the foot as well as screw anyone in your area.[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely true. Where I work, if you refuse service to a customer, you're not penalized for it.

[quote name='confoosious']zerg - i'm not trying to start a fight here. I don't know if you saw the old thread but I actually said you shouldn't have been banned for trolling. But your apology post still shows to me that you're not getting it. NO ATTENTION should ever be made to penny guides. When you involve Melony (DM), you've just made sure that penny guides get a lot of attention in your area. Unless the individual store employees there don't give a rats ass about keeping their jobs, it's gonna be bone dry for a while.

While I'm sure getting Justin fired would be loads of fun, (There's an idiot store manager in every district.) it's not gonna help you with getting penny guides. If this happens to you at Best buy, just suck it up and walk out of the door. Don't ruin that store for everyone too.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like that zerg has put the last nail in the coffin in my/nearby district (he being in WA) :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back