Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XII(Stock locator trick FAQ added to OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

To expand on this, if you come off as DEMANDING, then you'll likely be barred from the store and possibly banned from ALL of their stores entirely. Moreover, you may be charged with trespassing if you continue to press this, as retail stores are PRIVATE PROPERTY.

The penny price is NOT an actual price that the stores HAVE to sell the merchandise for, it is a 'marker' in their system to the employees to pull/destroy those items. The fact that we as CAG's get ANY of these means that employees are not doing their jobs correctly and we are very lucky to even get them in the first place.

So don't press your luck and ruin it for everyone by being an asshole to a manager/cashier who just wants to keep their job by doing what they're supposed to.

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price or 3) There are multiple versions of the guide and the one you grabbed is a newer version that has NOT pennied as of yet. Some examples of this are: The Godfather and Oblivion.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Best Buy Stock Locator FAQ to find stock for deleted SKU's(works for games and guides):

Here's a good little trick that some of you may already know. If you want to find out if your local Best Buy has stock of an item, but the page(and SKU) for it has been deleted you can STILL find/create a stock locator page for it.

Here's how to do it:

Google the item you're looking for the SKU for. Once you find it, take that SKU and copy/paste it into the URL for another item's stock locator page on BestBuy.com after where it says skuID=(example: blahblahblahblahskuID=2085453), then hit enter to reload the page with the new SKU in place of the old one and search away.:D

Unfortunately no such method exists for Gamestop at this time.

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

PLEASE USE THE THREAD TOOLS DROP DOWN MENU TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW THREAD, RATHER THAN WASTING A POST TO POST 'TAGGED'. THANKS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

Recent Drops:

>>>Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 12.15.09Dropped on 12.15.09Dropped on 10.22.09Dropped on 10.22.09Dropped on 10.19.09Dropped on 10.19.09Dropped on 10.15.09Dropped on 10.15.09Dropped on 9.21.09>>Dropped on 6.01.09

Thanks to fellow CAG Perdition(troy we have an alphabetized wiki type post containing all of the guides from the second post alphabetized and sorted BY STORE.

If anyone notices any missing guides though, let me know and I'll be sure to add them.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I figure I may as well post this; it's just an alphabetized list of all the guides on the 1st page from 1.29.11 to 10.18.07. I just made it for myself, figured I could just post it for everyone else. Guides are under the spoiler tags.

CE/LE/SE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
B=Brady Games
D=DoubleJump
NP=Nintendo Power
P=Prima

Best Buy

007: Quantum Of Solace
16,000 Codes & Cheats Summer 07
18,000 Codes and Cheats Winter 08
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Afro Samurai
Age Of Conan Hyborian Adventures
Alan Wake
Alan Wake LE
Alpha Protocol
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Animal Crossing Wild World(NP)
Army of Two LE bundle(w/ graphic novel)
Army Of Two: The 40th Day
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed LE
Assassin's Creed II LE
Bakugan
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bionic Commando
Bioshock
Bioshock(PS3/360 version with red circle on front cover)
Bioshock 2
Bioshock 2 LE
Blue Dragon
Borderlands
Bourne Conspiracy
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
Brutal Legend
Bully: Schloarship Edition
Burnout Paradise
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition(Wii)
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2
Call Of Duty: World At War
Champions Online
Chaotic Trading Card guide
Cheat Code Overload
Cheat Code Overload 2009
Cheat Code Overload Winter 2010
Civilization Revolution
Codes & Cheats Fall 2008
Codes & Cheats Fall 2009
Codes & Cheats Spring 2008
Codes & Cheats Spring 2010
Codes & Cheats Summer 2008
Codes & Cheats Summer 2009
Codes & Cheats Winter 2008
Codes & Cheats Winter 2009
Codes & Cheats Winter 2010
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer 3:Tiberium Wars
Conan
Condemned 2
Crackdown 2
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Crysis
Dante's Inferno
Dark Sector
Darksiders
Dead Space
Dead To Rights: Retribution
Devil May Cry 4
Diablo II Ultimate
Dragon Age: Origins LE
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
EA Hardcover book
EA Sports Active
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion non GOTY(all versions, tan cover)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY-both versions(Black cover, NOT TAN)
Enemy Territory Quake Wars
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Fable 2
Fable 2 LE
Fallout 3(non GOTY)
Fallout 3 CE(non GOTY)
Fallout 3 GOTY LE
Farcry 2
Fear 2
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3(DS)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:Rings of Fates
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Folklore
Fossil Fighters
Fracture
Frontline: Fuels Of War
Gameshark Ultimate Codes 2007 Vol. 2
Gears of War
Gears Of War(PC)
Gears of War 2 with Best Buy Exclusive 12-Month Calendar
Gears Of War 2 LE
Ghostbusters: The Video Game(Wii/360/PS3)
Godfather II
God Of War Collection
God Of War II(w/ sticker over UPC)
God Of War III
God Of War III LE
God Of War: Chains Of Olympus
Golden Compass
Grand Theft Auto:Chinatown Wars(DS version)
Grand Theft Auto:Chinatown Wars(PSP version)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City(360)
Grand Theft Auto:Lost & The Damned
Halo 2 (PC)
Halo 3 (Spanish Edition)
Halo Wars
Haze
Heavenly Sword
Hellboy: Science Of Evil
Hellgate London
Incredible Hulk
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Infamous
Infinite Undiscovery
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Just Cause 2
Kane And Lynch
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Killzone 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Lair
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Legend Of Spyro
Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass LE
Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks LE
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess(all softcover versions)
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess LE
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Little Big Planet
Little Big Planet Super Book
Lord Of The Rings: Conquest
Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Agmar
Lost Odyssey
Madden 08
Madden 09
Madden 09 Limited Ed.
Madden 09 mini guide(12 pages or so)
Madden 10
Madworld
Manhunt 2
Mario Kart Wii
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Mario Party 8
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect LE
Mass Effect 2 LE
Medal Of Honor: Airborne(stickered version)
Medal Of Honor: Airborne(unstickered version)
Meet the Robinsons
Megaman Star Force Card Kit
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid 4 LE
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Midnight Club: LA
Mirror's Edge LE
ModNation Racers
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
My Sims
My Sims Kingdom
Naruto: Rise Of A Ninja
NCAA Football 09
NCAA Football 10
NCAA Football 11
Need For Speed: Pro Street
Need For Speed: Undercover
NFL Head Coach 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Nier
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Nintendo DS Pocket Guide
Orange Box
PGR 4
Pikmin(Wii Version)
Pirates Of The Burning Sea
Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Pokemon Battle Revolution(NP)
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (P)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Sky
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers Time/Darkness (P)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue(NP)
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Pocket Pokedex
Pokemon Ranger: SOA
Pokemon Visual Guide DK Hardcover
Prince Of Persia
Prince Of Persia LE
Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Prototype
Pups: The Official Nintendogs Companion(NP)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank: Tools Of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time
Red Steel 2
Resident Evil 5 LE
Resident Evil 2008 Calendar
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Resistance 2
Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa
Rise Of The Argonauts
Rock Band
Saints Row 2
Saw
Scribblenauts
Secret Codes 2007: Volume 2
Secret Codes 2008 Vol. 1
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Sim City Societies
Sims 2
Sims 2: Apartment Life
Sims 2: Bon Voyage
Sims 2: Free Time
Sims 2: Castaways
Sims 3: Ambitions
Sims 3: World Adventures
Singularity
SOCOM: Confrontation
Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur IV
Soul Calibur IV LE
Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals
Spiderman: Friend Or Foe
Spiderman: Web Of Shadows
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Spore: Galactic Adventures
Spore
Spore LE
Star Ocean: Last Hope
Star Ocean: Last Hope International
Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels/Jedi Alliance
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Stranglehold
Street Fighter IV
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy CE
Super Paper Mario(NP)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Street Fighter IV
Tales of Vesperia
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up
Tekken 6
Terminator: Salvation
The Darkness
The Saboteur
Thrillville
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Too Human
Transformers: The Game
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: War For Cybertron
Turok
UFC 2009 Undisputed
UFC 2010 Undisputed
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Universe At War
Unreal Tournament 3
Video Game Achievements & Unlockables
Virtual Fighter 5
Viva Pinata:Trouble in Paradise
Warhammer Online(guide/atlas)
Warhammer Online
Warhawk
Warioland: Shake It!
White Knight Chronicles
Wolfenstein
World In Conflict
World Of Warcraft Bestiary
World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Atlas
World Of Warcraft Dungeon
World Of Warcraft: Dungeon Companion 3
World Of Warcraft: Master Guide
World Of Warcraft: Strategy Collection 2008
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King Atlas
WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010
XBOX 360 Achievement Guide
XBOX 360 Achievements Unlocked
Xmen Origins: Wolverine
You and Wii

Blockbuster

Assassin's Creed
Codes & Cheats Summer 2008
Devil May Cry 4
Halo 3
Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart Wii
Mass Effect
Metal Gear Solid 4
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe
Ninja Gaiden II
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Xbox 360 Achievements

Gamestop

007 Bloodstone
007 Quantum of Solace
Ace Combat 3
Ace Combat 6
Achievments Guide Book
Afro Samurai
Age Of Conan
Alan Wake
Aliens Vs. Predator
Alone in the Dark
Alpha Protocol
Animal Crossing City Folk
Army of Two 40th Day
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed LE
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed II CE
Bakugan
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battalion Wars II
Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Beowulf: The Game
Bioshock
Bioshock (PS3/360 version, red circle on cover)
Bioshock 2(softcover)
Bioshock 2 LE
Blacksite: Area 51
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon Plus
Borderlands
Bourne Conspiracy
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Brutal Legend
Bullet Witch
Bully: Scholarship Edition(Wii/360)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition(Wii)
Call Of Duty: World At War
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Champions Online
Cheat Code Overload Fall 2010
Codes & Cheats Fall 2009
Codes & Cheats Spring 2009
Codes & Cheats Summer 2009
Codes & Cheats Winter 2010
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Codebreaker book with mini CD
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Conan
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Crash of the Titans
Dante's Inferno
Dark Sector
Darksiders
Dawn of Mana
Dead Rising 2 CE
Dead Space
Dead To Rights: Retribution
Def Jam Icon
Destroy All Humans: Path Of The Furon
Devil May Cry 4
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Disgaea Compilation
Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age: Origins CE
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Dragon Quest IV (DS)
Dragon Quest V
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion(all versions)
Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars(360/PS3 version)
Enslaved
Eternal Sonata
Fable 2
Fable 2 LE
Fable 2 DLC
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 CE
Fallout 3:Broken Steel/Point Lookout
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout 3 GOTY LE
Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage
Far Cry 2
Fear 2
Fight Night Round 2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers(Wii)
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Final Fantasy I (PSP)
Final Fantasy II (PSP)
Final Fantasy IV(DS)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions(PSP)
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy XIII CE
Final Fantasy:Ring of Fates
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Fire Emblem DS
Folklore
Forza 2
Forza 3
Fossil Fighters
Fracture
Frontline: Fuels Of War
Gears of War 2 LE
Gears Of War 2
Gears Of War 2: All Fronts
Ghostbusters
Godfather II
God of War
God Of War Collection
God Of War Ghost Of Sparta
God Of War II
God of War II LE
God Of War III
God Of War III CE
God Of War: Chains Of Olympus(PSP)
Golden Compass
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto IV: Lost & The Damned
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars(PSP edition)
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP & PS2 Version)
Guinness Book of World Record Gamers Edition
Guitar Hero Stickerbook
Halo 2 PC
Halo 3
Halo 3 (Spanish)
Halo Graphic Novel
Halo Wars
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley
Harvest Moon: Island Of Happiness
Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Heavenly Sword
Hellboy: Science Of Evil
Hellgate London
Heroes Of Mana
Incredible Hulk
inFamous
Infinite Undiscovery
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Jak & Daxter: Lost Frontier
Just Cause 2
Kane & Lynch
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Killzone 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2
King of Fighters XII
Lair
Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Legend Of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon
Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks CE
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Little Big Planet
Little Big Planet Stickerbook
Little Big Planet Superbook
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar
Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - World Companion
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Madden 08
Madden 09
Madden 09 LE
Madden 10
Madworld
Magna Carta 2
Mana Khemia: Alchemists Al-Revis
Manhunt 2
Mario Kart(Wii)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect CE
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2 CE
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Metal Gear Solid 4 LE
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mini Ninjas
Mirror's Edge LE
Modnation Racers
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
My Sims
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 2
Naruto: Broken Bond
Naruto: Path of Ninja 2
Nascar Activity Kit
NCAA Football 08
NCAA Football 09
NCAA Football 10
NCAA Football 11
Need For Speed: Pro Street
Need For Speed Undercover
New Super Mario Bros.
NFL Head Coach 09
Nier
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden II
Nintendo DS Pocket Guide
Nostalgia
Okami(Wii version)
Operation Darkness
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Orange Box
Overlord 2
Persona 3
Persona 4
PGR4
Phantasy Star 0
Pikmin(Wii)
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Pokedex
Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl(Sticker collection)
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- (P)
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon: Shadows of Almia
Pokemon Stickedex
Prince Of Persia
Prince Of Persia CE
Prince Of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Prototype
Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time
Rachet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 2
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Red Steel 2
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
Resident Evil 5: Limited Edition
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Resistance 2
Resonance Of Fate
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band
Rogue Galaxy (D)
Rune Factory
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Saw
Scribblenauts
Shadowrun
Silent Hill Homecoming
Silent Hill: Origins(PSP version)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Sims 2
Sims 2 Boxed set
Sims 2: Apartment Life
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2:Castaway
Sims 3
Sims 3: Ambitions
Sims 3: Late Night
Sims 3: World Adventures
Sims: Free Time
Singularity
Socom US Navy Seals Tactical Strike
Socom Confrontation
Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur IV
Soul Calibur IV LE
Spectrobes
Spectrobes Beyond the Portraits
Spiderman 3
Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions
Spiderman Web of Shadows
Spiderman: Friend Or Foe
Splinter Cell Conviction
Spore
Spore LE
Spyro:The Eternal Night
Star Ocean: First Departure
Starcraft II LE
Star Ocean: Last Hope
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
Star Wars Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duel & Jedi Alliance
Star Wars Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Stormrise
Stranglehold
Style Savvy
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 CE
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tabula Rasa
Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tales of Vesperia
Tekken 6
Terminator: Salvation
The Club
The Darkness
The Fury
The Saboteur
The Worlds Ends With You
Thrillville: Off the Rails
TimeShift
TMNT: Smash Up
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Tomb Raider Anniversary(PS2 ONLY)
Tomb Raider Anniversary(Wii)
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Too Human
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: War For Cybertron
Tron Legacy
Turok
UFC 2009
UFC Undisputed 2010
Ultimate Code Disc featuring God of War II
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Universe At War
Unreal Tournament 3
UT3
Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Vanquish
Viking: Battle For Asgard
Virtua Fighter 5(360)
Viva Pinata
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Warhammer Online
Warhammer Online Atlas
Warhawk
Wario Land: Shake It
White Knight Chronicles
Wild Arms 5
World in Conflict
World Of Warcraft Atlas: Burning Crusade
World Of Warcraft Atlas: Second Edition
World Of Warcraft Atlas: Wrath Of The Lich King
World Of Warcraft: Beastiary
World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Binder and Guide
World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
World Of Warcraft: Dungeon Companion
World Of Warcraft: Dungeon Companion II
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King
WWE Legends of Wreslemania
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 07
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 08
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 09
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 10
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass LE
Zelda: Twilight Princess LE
Zelda: Twilight Princess (non $14.99 sticker, white cover)

Toys R' Us

Achievements Milestones and Unlockables
Blue Dragon
Codes and Cheats Spring
Codes and Cheats Summer 07
Hard Cover Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess(Gamecube)
Lego Star Wars
Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy
Madden 08
Mario Galaxy
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles
Need for Speed Carbon
Pokemon 10th Anniversary Guide
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Scarface
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic the Hedgehog
Viva Pinata
XBox 360 Handbook
You and Wii
[/quote]

Pennied/reduced price item list:

Gamestop
Aion(PC game)
Assassin's Creed comic book(GS exclusive)
Assassin's Creed(PC game)
Braid(PC game)
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway(PC game)
Crayola Animation Studio
Crayola Art Studio
Crayola Creative Studio(contains Art & Animation Studio & 2 more)
Crayola Photo FX Studio
Far Cry 2(PC game)
Marvel Trading Card Game(PC game)
Prince Of Persia action figures
Prince Of Persia(PC game)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2(PC game)

Since the guides and items that drop at various stores often have their pages deleted before they drop I figured it'd be a good idea if we had a SKU list for the guides/items that dropped. On the Best Buy price stickers this is usually found underneath the price.

Best Buy
9927045 Alan Wake
9927081 Alan Wake LE
9904645 Alpha Protocol
9539608 Assassin's Creed II LE
9563359 Bakugan
9342482 Batman: Arkham Asylum
9789006 Battlefield: Bad Company 2
9742391 Bioshock 2
9742364 Bioshock 2 LE
9571983 Borderlands
9614487 Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2
9789042 Codes And Cheats Spring 2010
1091926 Crackdown II
9742337 Dante's Inferno
9852572 Dead To Rights: Retribution
9657394 God Of War Collection
9743981 God Of War III
9743972 God Of War III LE
9887583 Iron Man 2
9849296 Just Cause 2
1228296 Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
9645477 Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks LE
9643346 Lego Indiana Jones 2
9738326 Mass Effect 2 LE
1019439 Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
9887565 ModNation Racers
1054292 NCAA Football 11
9904372 Nier
9789051 Nintendo DS Pocket Guide
9218152 Pokemon Platinum
9927063 Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
9849375 Red Steel 2
9992993 Singularity
9893596 Splinter Cell: Conviction
9743818 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
8912876 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
9900011 Super Street Fighter IV
9927054 The Sims 3: Ambitions
9643497 The Sims 3: World Adventures
9993073 Transformers: War For Cybertron
9904627 UFC Undisputed 2010
9667285 World Of Warcraft Dungeon Companion Volume 3

Gamestop
none yet

Best Buy Stock Locator FAQ to find stock for deleted SKU's:
Here's a good little trick that some of you may already know. If you want to find out if your local Best Buy has stock of an item, but the page(and SKU) for it has been deleted you can STILL find/create a stock locator page for it.

Here's how to do it:

Google the item you're looking for the SKU for. Once you find it, take that SKU and copy/paste it into the URL for another item's stock locator page on BestBuy.com after where it says skuID=(example: blahblahblahblahskuID=2085453), then hit enter to reload the page with the new SKU in place of the old one and search away.:D

Unfortunately no such method exists for Gamestop at this time.

[quote name='sdclippers']yay new thread[/QUOTE]
Thread tools, motherfucker. Learn how to use them to subscribe instead of posting silly shit just to subscribe.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Or was I not clear enough in both the title and the bottom of the first post.:roll:

Of course, that would mean you actually READ the title and ANY of the first 1-5 posts
which you probably didn't
.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thread tools, motherfucker. Learn how to use them to subscribe instead of posting silly shit just to subscribe.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Or was I not clear enough in both the title and the bottom of the first post.:roll:

Of course, that would mean you actually READ the title and ANY of the first 1-5 posts
which you probably didn't
.:booty:[/QUOTE]

I did sub mother fuck er.

:rofl: fuckers. I know none of the usual suspects will even read the 'use thread tools' post and title and just do the same old same old too.

I figured no one would be awake at this hour, which is why I decided to create this NOW.
[quote name='sdclippers']I did sub mother fuck er.[/QUOTE]
At least you know how to do it.:cry: That's a start I suppose. I really think all newbie CAG's should be required by the site to read the full OP of any thread they intend to post anything in and given a quiz on the info they read to see if they actually read it or not.

If they fail it, insta-banhammer cuz they're obviously gonna be one of the people who asks 100000 questions instead of searching the thread or reading the OP.;)

I only access CAG from my phone nowadays ... TAG!!! :p

(PS: I also always access this thread from my phone's bookmark, so this post is just in case I need it ... someday ... ;) )

tagged

BTW, a Gamestop told me they weren't allowed to sell their Enslaved guides. It didn't sound like they were a penny though, I think maybe the guy was just lazy and didn't want to find them since they were in the back.

[quote name='Bezerker']
tagged

BTW, a Gamestop told me they weren't allowed to sell their Enslaved guides. It didn't sound like they were a penny though, I think maybe the guy was just lazy and didn't want to find them since they were in the back.[/QUOTE]

The Enslaved guide was pennied, I actually have a copy with the penny sticker on it. Gamestop isn't supposed to sell penny guides so the employee was in the right saying he can't sell it.

[quote name='Bezerker']
tagged

BTW, a Gamestop told me they weren't allowed to sell their Enslaved guides. It didn't sound like they were a penny though, I think maybe the guy was just lazy and didn't want to find them since they were in the back.[/QUOTE]
Some stores will be more strict than others about not selling the guides for a penny or at all. When presented with this sort of situation I've asked them if it would be ok if they just gave me the guide(s) then since they can't sell them.;)

Just like buying pennied guides in general that works about 50% of the time and the other 50% they either say they can give me them but have to rip off one(or both:shock:) covers and/or they repeat they can't sell them and add that they can't give them away either.:cry:

Thanks IATCG for the new thread AND for posting the link in the old thread! That should be internet law. I hope all OPs/mods will make sure it is done for the clearance threads.

Does anyone know why Gamestop bothers to put the $0.01 price sticker on some of the penny guides? Why would they take the time to put new price tags on the guides when they are supposed to be pulled from the sales floor immediately and not sold to customers anyway? The time used to print new tags and re-price the guides could have just been used to pull them out of inventory in the first place.

[quote name='airjumpman']Does anyone know why Gamestop bothers to put the $0.01 price sticker on some of the penny guides? Why would they take the time to put new price tags on the guides when they are supposed to be pulled from the sales floor immediately and not sold to customers anyway? The time used to print new tags and re-price the guides could have just been used to pull them out of inventory in the first place.[/QUOTE]
Does it matter? Just be glad that they did it for you

Woot, New Thread. Still Has That New Thread Smell (Breaths Deeply In....Ahhhh) Thanks Again IATCG For All The Work And Effort.... oh and P.S TAGGED !!!!

[quote name='Ultragamer']The Enslaved guide was pennied, I actually have a copy with the penny sticker on it. Gamestop isn't supposed to sell penny guides so the employee was in the right saying he can't sell it.[/QUOTE]

Shoot, I never noticed the 12/16 drop list. I came across at least 5 of the guides on the list today and passed by em.

[quote name='Bezerker']Shoot, I never noticed the 12/16 drop list. I came across at least 5 of the guides on the list today and passed by em.[/QUOTE]

Head back, chances are if they weren't pulled within the first week, they will stay on the shelf until the next pull if they get noticed. Thats usually how it is around here, although around my house all gamestops pull perfectly, I've only caught a slip-up once. I usually find them when I go out of my area to visit someone and have better luck then.

Post 28 reserved for future use.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']There's been too many in here to keep track of.[/QUOTE]

Word.

[quote name='airjumpman']Does anyone know why Gamestop bothers to put the $0.01 price sticker on some of the penny guides? Why would they take the time to put new price tags on the guides when they are supposed to be pulled from the sales floor immediately and not sold to customers anyway? The time used to print new tags and re-price the guides could have just been used to pull them out of inventory in the first place.[/QUOTE]
It IS rather stupid, but I suppose both Best Buy and Gamestop do it so that employees who are bored and trying to look busy don't go into the back room and pull guides from the pennied stack and put them back on the shelves as they've done MANY times around here months after a drop.

Some stores though(mainly BB stores from what I've seen) will even print up penny placards for on the shelves and openly sell the guides at that price. Although that is the exception and not the rule. But if more stores were like them then we wouldn't have to rule this 'glitch' as YMMV during every drop.

I wasn't sure where to ask this so I thought this might be the best place for it. I'm looking for faqs/strategy guides/walkthroughs for some obscure PSP games. I've looked through the usual book stores (online and B&M), gamefaqs, many different cheat sites, and even youtube but I've come up empty. The games I need guides for are Field Commander, Spectral Souls, Adventures to Go!, and Mytran Wars. So I guess my question is, is there a place on the internet or a retail store that will make strategy guides to order or take requests?

[quote name='mxpowar']I wasn't sure where to ask this so I thought this might be the best place for it. I'm looking for faqs/strategy guides/walkthroughs for some obscure PSP games. I've looked through the usual book stores (online and B&M), gamefaqs, many different cheat sites, and even youtube but I've come up empty. The games I need guides for are Field Commander, , Adventures to Go!, and Mytran Wars. So I guess my question is, is there a place on the internet or a retail store that will make strategy guides to order or take requests?[/QUOTE]
You obviously didn't try hard enough then. Try looking on Neoseeker for guides next time if GFaqs doesn't pan out.

Field Commander: http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PSP/field_commander/faqs.html
Adventures To Go!:
http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PSP/adventures_to_go/faqs.html

I think I know why they do it.

A few drops ago, I got 10 different guides and when I was checking out (got them for free - all labeled full price), the manager/employee said something like "Damn, someone forgot to pull the guides" and grabbed a long label roll with all the names of the guides with a .01 price labels(there were like 40 labels, multiple labels for the same guides). So I asked what it was and he explained that in the morning someone is suppose to go and stick every label on every guide; in the rack and the backroom and to pull them once it matches. This is to ensure that every guide was found and labeled for destruction.

But sometimes, a worker labeled everything and go for lunch and forgets about pulling the guides after lunch. Hence the .01 labels in the rack.

Most of the guides I find in the racks are labeled full price.
Most of the guides I find in the dumpster are labeled .01.
The guides I get from the backroom are either labeled .01 or no labels at all.

I'm just sharing my experience.

I don't work at GS.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You obviously didn't try hard enough then. Try looking on Neoseeker for guides next time if GFaqs doesn't pan out.

Field Commander: http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PSP/field_commander/faqs.html
Adventures To Go!:
http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PSP/adventures_to_go/faqs.html[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, I guess I did not make myself clear enough. I am looking for FULL walkthroughs for the games I mentioned. Partially finished guides are ok if they cover a specific section you're looking for but I am looking for guides for the ENTIRE game. Also, the guide you linked to for Adventures to Go! was for a "Crystal Combo list", not a walkthrough for the game. Lastly, why did you feel the need to be condescending? No matter what you've been told, it won't increase the size of your e-penis. It will only make you look like a douche.

[quote name='Readthepost']
Most of the guides I find in the racks are labeled full price.
Most of the guides I find in the dumpster are labeled .01.
The guides I get from the backroom are either labeled .01 or no labels at all.[/QUOTE]
That's the same experience I've been having regarding pennied guides. Either the ones I get have normal price labels if I find them on the rack still, but if they stickered them and put them back out by accident I've found a few with penny stickers. But most of the ones I've been given from the back room have the penny sticker on them.

[quote name='mxpowar']I'm sorry, I guess I did not make myself clear enough. I am looking for FULL walkthroughs for the games I mentioned. Partially finished guides are ok if they cover a specific section you're looking for but I am looking for guides for the ENTIRE game. Also, the guide you linked to for Adventures to Go! was for a "Crystal Combo list", not a walkthrough for the game. Lastly, why did you feel the need to be condescending? No matter what you've been told, it won't increase the size of your e-penis. It will only make you look like a douche.[/QUOTE]

He always overreacts like that. Just ignore him, that's the easiest thing to do.

If you've tried all of those options that you mentioned (some that I wasn't aware of), it sounds like you've almost exhausted your options. Some games just never have guides made for them or are too much of a niche game for someone to create a walkthrough/FAQ for. Hopefully someone might have some other options for you. Best of luck.

[quote name='neocisco']He always overreacts like that. Just ignore him, that's the easiest thing to do.

If you've tried all of those options that you mentioned (some that I wasn't aware of), it sounds like you've almost exhausted your options. Some games just never have guides made for them or are too much of a niche game for someone to create a walkthrough/FAQ for. Hopefully someone might have some other options for you. Best of luck.[/QUOTE]
But at least I'm a somewhat lovable crank, no? :booty: Some games just never have full guides, either official or user created made for them.

Plus it's no fun just following a guide word for word.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But at least I'm a somewhat lovable crank, no? :booty: Some games just never have full guides, either official or user created made for them.

Plus it's no fun just following a guide word for word.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Honestly? No. That whole gimmick wore thin a long time ago.

If someone wants to follow a guide that's there business, certainly not yours.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, even if it's wrong. :razz: j/k

I used to follow the guides word for word and I went through so many games back in the day, but I had no fun compared to just exploring on my own. But if that's what someone wants to do, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back