Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you find out if they have the guides without going to the store? If I call them will they tell me witch guides they have for a penny?

[quote name='cag1000']Anyone check BB today, or are people thinkin next Monday will be the day?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure someone will let everyone on here know when there is a drop.

Cue cycle of:

-Someone posts to ask if there was a drop
-Several subscribers see thread being bumped, assume there was a drop, come into thread, get annoyed
-Hilarity ensues

[quote name='caedeskhan']Almost all the EA game guides are 50% off at the moment...[/QUOTE]

To add to this all PUR members get another 10% off of the half off price which is only a dollar or so but it still helps

Guide drop at gamestop today.

Resident Evil 5
Smackdown vs Raw 2011

Went in to double check on the B2G1 sale coming up and the manager gave me these right before leaving.

well i passed up on 7 alan wake ce guides. i normally dont get guides at this store and grabbed the one guide i really wanted. got arcania gothic 4 by picking up 2 other games along with it that ill just return anyways. that with the fable 3 ce i got lucky on the other day makes me happy. theres only been one other rpg guide drop recently that id really like being kingdom hearts birth by sleep and hoping i can get that at bestbuy in near future.

Anyone have anything else to report dropping at GS other than RE5 and SDvR11? Otherwise I'll update the second n third posts in a bit.

If anyone has the SKU#'s for these guides that dropped, please post them here so I can update the SKU post as well.

Thanks.

EDIT: Second and third posts are updated.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Anyone have anything else to report dropping at GS other than RE5 and SDvR11? Otherwise I'll update the second n third posts in a bit.

If anyone has the SKU#'s for these guides that dropped, please post them here so I can update the SKU post as well.

Thanks.

EDIT: Second and third posts are updated.[/QUOTE]

RE5: 832294
SDvR11: 830328

Taken from the tags of the ones I got today.

Went into GS to kill some time when I spotted a Forza 3 guide. Didn't even know it was on clearance but got lucky at checkout. An impulse buy paid off.

I realize the trading thread crashed because of all the deletions, but couldn't we bring it back so that it gets updated more? It's seems tedious to search through the replies (I know there's a search function) and find what you want. The old way at least we knew right away if someone got recent drops. Maybe edit only once a day like the BBV trading thread?

I'm asking because I usually get the GS drops and I had like 2 trades to the same person since the thread went into effect and it just seems more dead. Maybe the newer guides I got are not as desired, then I'm wrong about all this. If I'm in the minority then nevermind. :whistle2:#

Dammit. I knew Resident Evil 5 was pennied out! I was at GameStop and took a moment to stare at the strategy guides for a moment and saw RE5 and thought "that game is kind of old now..."

[quote name='boneless']I realize the trading thread crashed because of all the deletions, but couldn't we bring it back so that it gets updated more? It's seems tedious to search through the replies (I know there's a search function) and find what you want. The old way at least we knew right away if someone got recent drops. Maybe edit only once a day like the BBV trading thread?

I'm asking because I usually get the GS drops and I had like 2 trades to the same person since the thread went into effect and it just seems more dead. Maybe the newer guides I got are not as desired, then I'm wrong about all this. If I'm in the minority then nevermind. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

There wasn't supposed to be deleting and reposting in the new trading thread but it's happened quite a few times. I agree with you, not allowing the deleting and reposting an individual trade post has severely hampered the thread and the ability to be informed of new additions to people's lists.
I've barely traded any guides in the time since this new thread was started. I could understand if the mass deleting of dozens and dozens of posts that was done in trying to clean up the previous trading thread was the cause of that problem; however, occasional deletes & reposts shouldn't be a problem in theory. I think it's time to revisit this topic and revise the policy because it sure seems that guide trading is in a pretty severe slump and has been for a while.

[quote name='confoosious']hhaha. If you put someone on ignore, will their posts trigger the instant email sub?[/QUOTE]
No. But if you're paranoid you can still click on 'view post' and see what they said.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No. But if you're paranoid you can still click on 'view post' and see what they said.;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not paranoid. I'd like to ignore lazy ass up there but I don't want this posts triggering my email alert.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not paranoid. I'd like to ignore lazy ass up there but I don't want this posts triggering my email alert.[/QUOTE]
If I ignored every lazy ass/ignorant person on the internet I'd have no one left to talk to at times.:lol: But then again I'd also have to ignore myself too.:cry:

[quote name='shrike4242']You should have just kept to yourself. Now you'll be doing so elsewhere on the Internet.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I don't have to worry about that guy triggering.... but my question stands: can an ignored user's post trigger your instant notification?

This is one of those threads where I get really excited when a new post comes along and isn't just one of those "well ignore it" situations. Not that it's that big a deal.

[quote name='confoosious']Well, I guess I don't have to worry about that guy triggering.... but my question stands: can an ignored user's post trigger your instant notification?

This is one of those threads where I get really excited when a new post comes along and isn't just one of those "well ignore it" situations. Not that it's that big a deal.[/QUOTE]Yes, it will.

[quote name='shrike4242']You should have just kept to yourself. Now you'll be doing so elsewhere on the Internet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I ignored every lazy ass/ignorant person on the internet I'd have no one left to talk to at times.:lol: But then again I'd also have to ignore myself too.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Two absolutely hilarious posts... I can just envision the split personality of IATCG being represented by the soldier and Marston fighting it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

2rotcp5.jpg

I can confirm that those three, and probably only those three, dropped. My regular store had a KZ3 guide left on the floor, which they let me have. Then they went in the back and offered me Mafia 2 and Madden. No others. It's not 100%, but they almost always have all dropped guides.

Good luck everybody!

Second, third and fifth posts have all been updated. Thanks to everyone who provided info/confirmation for this drop.

By the way, if anyone can't find the Metroid Prime 3 Echoes guide at GS or BB pennied, then TRU has it for $2 now. I saw a stack of them at the one TRU by me tonight.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
By the way, if anyone can't find the Metroid Prime 3 Echoes guide at GS or BB pennied, then TRU has it for $2 now. I saw a stack of them at the one TRU by me tonight.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if some of the stores would do this instead of trashing the guides. All my local stores pull, the only time I get in on the deals is when I have to travel. I remember GS did this last Christmas with GOWIII.

I want me a Mafia II guide really bad. This would be the perfect excuse to go back and find all them collectables.

I'm surprised Killzone 3 pennied out so quickly.

I was doing some traveling so I stopped at a GS that I have had success at in the past. Found a Killzone 3, thought I was home free.... wrong. When I brought the guide and a $5 PS2 game to the counter, I noticed this was a worker I had never seen before. He rings me up and starts to put the book on the counter, he then pulls it back "wait a minute" and starts looking at it ....... for a long time. He opens the cover, looks, then closes it still staring. After what seems like a minute I ask him what is up. "This was taken out of our inventory........I'm supposed to send it back to the manufacturer to be destroyed." I think he was looking at the book more than he was me. "So I can't buy it?" "No". After he finished up, he picks up the guide and starts walking to the back of the store slowly, staring at it the whole time.

I'm pretty sure it went home with him tonight. It sucks to have it in hand only to be denied. I was looking forward to the Killzone drop too, no other stores in my area have it now. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back