Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reapersaurus']This is absolutely ridiculous!

These people simply cannot keep quiet about non-drop related posts:

IAmTheCheapestGamer 78
The Punisher 52
dabamus 36
Ultragamer 34
confoosious 32
david12795 30
guinaevere 28
Muthafodder 24[/QUOTE]
lol you included a mod in that list.

hey, I just don't want this thread to get closed again and further information not get relayed. Other wise I could talk to you guys all day about guides, and how I had to buy 3 bookshelves from Ikea for $80 each just to house my massive 400+ guides, or the 4 paper boxes I have full for trades and how my wife hates them b/c I have them to where she practically trips over them :lol:

guess this is +1 for me ultragamer ;) srsly though, don't let these guys give you a hard time. This is always the best thread on CAG any day.

[quote name='token2k6']guess this is +1 for me ultragamer ;) srsly though, don't let these guys give you a hard time. This is always the best thread on CAG any day.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this guys post will get to anyone, it's just a slap in the face saying pretty much "all these people are useless in this thread" when I can see half of that list is of people who actually help make the thread what it is. and to also remark saying they are non-drop related when all he did was look up how many posts people had not counting how many were related to a drop.

[quote name='Ultragamer']I don't think this guys post will get to anyone, it's just a slap in the face saying pretty much "all these people are useless in this thread" when I can see half of that list is of people who actually help make the thread what it is. and to also remark saying they are non-drop related when all he did was look up how many posts people had not counting how many were related to a drop.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention how stupid it is to make a post about off topic posts, since his post is off topic, lol! What a dumbass! He's now officially contributing to the off topicness!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IAmTheCheapestGamer 78
The Punisher 52
dabamus 36
Ultragamer 34
confoosious 32
david12795 30
guinaevere 28
Muthafodder 24[/QUOTE]
ALL threads on CAG go off topic. Though I've found that the only people who complain about the OT chatter are the ones who don't wanna read through the thread on a regular basis to keep track of a deal. 'Nuff said.

IAmTheCheapestGamer 78
The Punisher 52
dabamus 36
Ultragamer 34
confoosious 32
david12795 30
guinaevere 28
Muthafodder 24[/QUOTE]

I made the list...Yay!

I had my ship to store guides canceled for two guides (DR2 & Castlevania)...the Medal of Honor LE, Front Mission, 007, Sly Collection, and Zelda guides haven't been canceled yet. \\:D/

Went to a closing Borders and received a 50% off one item coupon valid at nonclosing locations...

I know, they stock a limited amount of guides but hope to find a CE that I am seeking ...

Best Buy at South Bay Center in Boston, MA has plenty of Halo 3:ODST guides. I also picked up one of each SMG2:CE and God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Left one SMG2 CE there. Cashier checked me out with no issues. Feigned that I didn't know and said that the GF wouldn't be so mad at me now :lol:. She laughed, gave me my change, and I was on my way.

sigh had the worst gamestop day ever but figures with such a crap a$$ company.
went in store to get a few games ive been wanting that are on the rare side. first ask for harvest moon more friends they cant find the gba cart,then i bring up rune factory frontier mint condition case and manual but they cant find the disc...when i ask for the case the lady says sorry you cant have it. i ask why she said cause we have to destroy the manual and coverart since theres no game and will reuse the case ourselves(faceslap). i then proceed to bring up one of two ff 4 heroes guides and she says the most bullshit line ive ever heard......oh were sorry you cant have this it needs to be sent back to the company so they can incinerate the guide and this way we dont get fined millions of dollars for selling it. she got really nasty at the end and i honestly dont think that gamestop likes me to much anymore lol.

[quote name='gauu']sigh had the worst gamestop day ever but figures with such a crap a$$ company.
went in store to get a few games ive been wanting that are on the rare side. first ask for harvest moon more friends they cant find the gba cart,then i bring up rune factory frontier mint condition case and manual but they cant find the disc...when i ask for the case the lady says sorry you cant have it. i ask why she said cause we have to destroy the manual and coverart since theres no game and will reuse the case ourselves(faceslap). i then proceed to bring up one of two ff 4 heroes guides and she says the most bullshit line ive ever heard......oh were sorry you cant have this it needs to be sent back to the company so they can incinerate the guide and this way we dont get fined millions of dollars for selling it. she got really nasty at the end and i honestly dont think that gamestop likes me to much anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

That's harsh :(.

[quote name='gauu']i honestly dont think that gamestop likes me to much anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

Worst store ever! (comic-book-store guy voice)
Seriously, GS sucks.

just happy that the gamestop that i do all my preorders at etc.. is still cool as heck. not to mention the manager is HAWT as hell.

[quote name='gauu']sigh had the worst gamestop day ever but figures with such a crap a$$ company.
went in store to get a few games ive been wanting that are on the rare side. first ask for harvest moon more friends they cant find the gba cart,then i bring up rune factory frontier mint condition case and manual but they cant find the disc...when i ask for the case the lady says sorry you cant have it. i ask why she said cause we have to destroy the manual and coverart since theres no game and will reuse the case ourselves(faceslap). i then proceed to bring up one of two ff 4 heroes guides and she says the most bullshit line ive ever heard......oh were sorry you cant have this it needs to be sent back to the company so they can incinerate the guide and this way we dont get fined millions of dollars for selling it. she got really nasty at the end and i honestly dont think that gamestop likes me to much anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

I went to Columbia Mall in MD. The Gamestop upstairs had all the guides (saw in backroom). They had 2 Zeldas Sprint Tracks, 3 FF13,etc. I asked if they had Batman AA and said no. I then asked if they had Zelda CE guide and the guy said that it's been penny out, but willing to sell it to me for $30? WTF? (I never bring up the "guides are penny") Why would they tell a customer that it's penny out and that they suppose not to sell it, but then try to sell it for $30? for some reason my area is anal. He then try to sell me "New" game, but I shot it down since I know "New" mean uses. (Had a friend that use to work at GS) I got better odds with Best Buy.

[quote name='The Punisher']I went to Columbia Mall in MD. The Gamestop upstairs had all the guides (saw in backroom). They had 2 Zeldas Sprint Tracks, 3 FF13,etc. I asked if they had Batman AA and said no. I then asked if they had Zelda CE guide and the guy said that it's been penny out, but willing to sell it to me for $30? WTF? (I never bring up the "guides are penny") Why would they tell a customer that it's penny out and that they suppose not to sell it, but then try to sell it for $30? for some reason my area is anal. He then try to sell me "New" game, but I shot it down since I know "New" mean uses. (Had a friend that use to work at GS) I got better odds with Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
That's when I would've made sure I got his name and went to TellGamestop.com and file a complaint, saying that he even told you it's a penny but then tried to sell it to you for $30.

It may kill any future chances you have of getting guides there, but at least it would likely get the employee in trouble as well, since once shit pennies they're just supposed to junk it out and not sell/give away.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's when I would've made sure I got his name and went to TellGamestop.com and file a complaint, saying that he even told you it's a penny but then tried to sell it to you for $30.

It may kill any future chances you have of getting guides there, but at least it would likely get the employee in trouble as well, since once shit pennies they're just supposed to junk it out and not sell/give away.[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree with calling and filing a complaint.
Why bring this to corporate's attention to risk the hammer coming down nationwide? Just let it go and try other stores.
If you file a complaint, rest assured not only will that store be a "no go", but so will all stores under that same District Manager.
I do not agree at all with what that staff member did but reporting him to corporate may do you more harm in the future than good.

donut, i have to respectfully tell you dont ever think one of us could be capable of bringing down a nationwide banhammer..while that would be both awesome and sad at the same time, we are nearing a decade of penny drops! ;) If they didnt want us to have them, we wouldnt have made it this long..

[quote name='ballbarfer']Exactly why i don't shop at GS plus one time when i got a 2nd copy of a brand new game for Xmas. I asked my uncle where he got it and he said GS. So i go down to my local store and tell the "manager" that i wanted to exchange this unopened recently released title for a different one. He asks if i had a receipt? No i reply. Then he goes on to tell me that he can only give me used trade in value of $8. I explain again that this game is NOT USED and still sealed. I look him straight in the eye and say i can see that same unopened game on his shelf for sale at $59.99 and ask to trade it for a equally valued item. He says no again and i can take $8 or leave. So i left and never came back to any GS ever again, even for penny guides!! Basically i think in a nut shell they RAPE their customers without honor or concern!!

This is why i do ALL my electronic and game purchases at BEST BUY plus they've hooked me up with a few low priced game guides here and there!![/QUOTE]

problem is he is following their policy. he wasn't being a dick, and was actually doing his job. Yes not all other places have as strict return policies but it is their policy and you must follow it. If your uncle bought it then why not get the receipt from him?

she should have been reported instantly. i would've did it on my droid and ask for her info right there while filling it out just to piss her off.

she should have been reported instantly. i would've did it on my droid and ask for her info right there while filling it out just to piss her off.

[quote name='token2k6']donut, i have to respectfully tell you dont ever think one of us could be capable of bringing down a nationwide banhammer..while that would be both awesome and sad at the same time, we are nearing a decade of penny drops! ;) If they didnt want us to have them, we wouldnt have made it this long..[/QUOTE]
If anyone could get GS to institute a nationwide banhammer on giving/selling pennied guides it'd probably be me as I'm wayyyyy too vocal for my own good, which is likely why I got perma-banned from their chain in the first place.;)

[quote name='oldboy26']problem is he is following their policy. he wasn't being a dick, and was actually doing his job. Yes not all other places have as strict return policies but it is their policy and you must follow it. If your uncle bought it then why not get the receipt from him?[/QUOTE]
I think Walmart might be the only store that takes returns without receipts. Its not at all insulting; the problem is that people steal stuff and try to return it. Regardless of what really happened, a receipt is your only proof that you bought something. A little surpirsed that some people don't understand that.

Edit: should say, not direct at you, just chiming in.

Seems like I have no Luck in my area. I tried all the Gamestops in the area.

Gamestop at Gaithersburg, MD: The Lakeforest Mall got was cool and telling me that the manager destroy the guides and not allow to sell penny guides (by two different employees) The Gaithersburg GS across the street by the mall had the manager and two others working. The employee scan and the manager saw it. (It was posted)

The Columbia, MD was the worse. Yes, I'm upset that I didn't get the guides, but it's not worth it. I'm just giving feedback so people don't have to waste time at these locations. This is why I stated that I'm not attempting GS no more and getting guides at Best Buy.

Just wanted thank everyone at CAG.

[quote name='donut']I respectfully disagree with calling and filing a complaint.
Why bring this to corporate's attention to risk the hammer coming down nationwide? Just let it go and try other stores.
If you file a complaint, rest assured not only will that store be a "no go", but so will all stores under that same District Manager.
I do not agree at all with what that staff member did but reporting him to corporate may do you more harm in the future than good.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. I didn't call and I had that in my mind. No point to unless I'm being selfish....

[quote name='oldboy26']problem is he is following their policy. he wasn't being a dick, and was actually doing his job. Yes not all other places have as strict return policies but it is their policy and you must follow it. If your uncle bought it then why not get the receipt from him?

she should have been reported instantly. i would've did it on my droid and ask for her info right there while filling it out just to piss her off.[/QUOTE]

I understand that he was following policy, but that was a dick move.
If he tells u that it's penny out, then maybe the item is a defective or something. He can't flip it around and try to sell it at retail price. Once it's penny, IT MUST BE THROWN OUT. It's like if they sell u a defective item for full price. Yes, it's wrong, but can't do much and better to walk away.

oh shoot oldboy where in ny are you??? i see upstate so are you albany area or farther up?? also to your comment it wasnt really worth the bother just wasted breath as the new dm dont really care much.

Checked my local BB, nothing to note. I'll have to look around for the Zelda CE guide, that is definitely worth it.

EDIT: Using the find it at a BB store link, I found two stores that supposedly have it, but it says 'In Store Only". Does that mean they definitely have it or, like gamestop, might not have updated their inventory?

[quote name='The Punisher']I understand that he was following policy, but that was a dick move.
If he tells u that it's penny out, then maybe the item is a defective or something. He can't flip it around and try to sell it at retail price. Once it's penny, IT MUST BE THROWN OUT. It's like if they sell u a defective item for full price. Yes, it's wrong, but can't do much and better to walk away.[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the return without receipt, not the penny guide at $30.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Checked my local BB, nothing to note. I'll have to look around for the Zelda CE guide, that is definitely worth it.

EDIT: Using the find it at a BB store link, I found two stores that supposedly have it, but it says 'In Store Only". Does that mean they definitely have it or, like gamestop, might not have updated their inventory?[/QUOTE]

I had a store that said that and when I went to the store it was there. It took a bit of looking. If you don't see the guides in the games section walk towards checkout to see if you see a rack of guides there. Usually in-store means there are atleast 3 copies available. I did see a Zelda at a gamestop near me but no interest so didn't pick it up.

[quote name='nas6034']I had a store that said that and when I went to the store it was there. It took a bit of looking. If you don't see the guides in the games section walk towards checkout to see if you see a rack of guides there. Usually in-store means there are atleast 3 copies available. I did see a Zelda at a gamestop near me but no interest so didn't pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

[quote name='The Punisher']Seems like I have no Luck in my area. I tried all the Gamestops in the area.

Gamestop at Gaithersburg, MD: The Lakeforest Mall got was cool and telling me that the manager destroy the guides and not allow to sell penny guides (by two different employees) The Gaithersburg GS across the street by the mall had the manager and two others working. The employee scan and the manager saw it. (It was posted)

The Columbia, MD was the worse. Yes, I'm upset that I didn't get the guides, but it's not worth it. I'm just giving feedback so people don't have to waste time at these locations. This is why I stated that I'm not attempting GS no more and getting guides at Best Buy.

Just wanted thank everyone at CAG.[/QUOTE]

Columbia was my best store. /shrug. Got 2 pennied out guides there.

i noticed a few guides disappeared from best buy's website the other night

new super mario bro's
and some cheat code books.

but im not exactly sure which ones

[quote name='yeah420']i noticed a few guides disappeared from best buy's website the other night

new super mario bro's
and some cheat code books.

but im not exactly sure which ones[/QUOTE]

New Super Mario Bros. seems to be the only one missing according to my information, and then they added 3 guides to the site:
Duke Nukem Forever
L.A. Noire
The 3rd Birthday

Not sure which cheat code book you think went missing but I didn't notice any that were there last week that aren't there now.

[quote name='gauu']oh shoot oldboy where in ny are you??? i see upstate so are you albany area or farther up?? also to your comment it wasnt really worth the bother just wasted breath as the new dm dont really care much.[/QUOTE]

up in rochester/buffalo area. I can understand it not being worth the time, but sometimes people just get so annoying and that's the easiest way to show them they are wrong.

Struck out at two Best Buy's that supposedly had the Zelda CE guides. They couldn't find them in the store, so I guess their inventory wasn't updated when they got rid of them.

EDIT: Found one at a gamestop 20 minutes away. Guy rang it up after he grabbed it from the back and said "Today's your lucky day, this has been pennied out". I gave him the penny and walked out. Easy.

Thinking back, this would've been a great way to collect the other FF CE and KH CE covers.

Their was a Kingdoms Hearts CE? Which KH game?

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Struck out at two Best Buy's that supposedly had the Zelda CE guides. They couldn't find them in the store, so I guess their inventory wasn't updated when they got rid of them.

EDIT: Found one at a gamestop 20 minutes away. Guy rang it up after he grabbed it from the back and said "Today's your lucky day, this has been pennied out". I gave him the penny and walked out. Easy.

Thinking back, this would've been a great way to collect the other FF CE and KH CE covers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Struck out at two Best Buy's that supposedly had the Zelda CE guides. They couldn't find them in the store, so I guess their inventory wasn't updated when they got rid of them.

Thinking back, this would've been a great way to collect the other FF CE and KH CE covers.[/QUOTE]

Great stuff! I'm hoping my mentioning in passing that I saw one at GS had it stuck in the back of your head and reminded you.

[quote name='nixmahn']Their was a Kingdoms Hearts CE? Which KH game?[/QUOTE]

KHII had a FFXII style CE that included like an miniture artbook and a slip cover IIRC.

A friend found a copy of Vanquish while he was doing inventory at GS, was holding it for me, but apparently someone clear out a bunch of pennies after his shift ended, including my copy Vanquish. Found that same stack of pennies the next day at my local Half Price Books.

A little upset that someone went to empty out stores for a quick buck and ruining it for those of us who actually wants the guides.

[quote name='n1c0']KHII had a FFXII style CE that included like an miniture artbook and a slip cover IIRC.

A friend found a copy of Vanquish while he was doing inventory at GS, was holding it for me, but apparently someone clear out a bunch of pennies after his shift ended, including my copy Vanquish. Found that same stack of pennies the next day at my local Half Price Books.

A little upset that someone went to empty out stores for a quick buck and ruining it for those of us who actually wants the guides.[/QUOTE]
If I had a friend working at GS, I'd have made it there the same day if it's something I REALLY wanted and that Vanquish guide was a MONSTER sized softcover one.

But that's just me...;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I had a friend working at GS, I'd have made it there the same day if it's something I REALLY wanted and that Vanquish guide was a MONSTER sized softcover one.

But that's just me...;)[/QUOTE]

That's what I'll be doing next time. I did ended up getting that Vanquish guide back from HPB for ten bucks (which was what I was originally willing to pay for), so it wasn't all bad. It really is an amazing guide.

[quote name='nas6034']Great stuff! I'm hoping my mentioning in passing that I saw one at GS had it stuck in the back of your head and reminded you.[/QUOTE]

It did, thanks!

The Bridgeton, MO Best Buy still has copies of some of the guides from the latest pull. Saw 3 SMG2 collector's editions, 1 Spider-Man Dimensions, several Resident Evil 5 and 1 Lost Planet 2. Picked up an SMG2 CE so there are now 2 left. :D

[quote name='nas6034']Has New Super Marios Bros Wii gone to 1cent at best buy?[/QUOTE]

From the OP:
Q: Has there been a drop recently?

A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back