Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a email saying the store didnt have any copies of the SWFU2 guides and my order would be canceled in 8 days. Which means they got pulled before the pickup was done. Too bad, I know a week or 2 ago they had 4 or 5 of them.

Ok updated list according to latest reports.

1303541 Dead Rising 2
1600417 Disney Epic Mickey Collector's Edition
1092219 Madden NFL 11
1801854 Mass Effect 2 (latest version PS3)
1092255 Metroid: Other M
1487131 PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
1425621 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition
1404755 The Sims 3
1511502 WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011

[quote name='Mistar Muffin']Is it the regular dead rising guide that pennied? I saw several but I don't think the sku matched so I didn't try.[/QUOTE]

I was confusing dead rising with dead space. Derp. Can someone post the mass sku?

Edit: I see the post above has taken care of it. Thanks.

[quote name='Mistar Muffin']I was confusing dead rising with dead space. Derp. Can someone post the mass sku?[/QUOTE]

1801854 Mass Effect 2 (latest version PS3)

[quote name='Vigilante']Could someone check if the Pokemon Black & White CE guide (with the lenticular cover) pennied? I'd really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Still full price on the website, so I'd guess. No.

[quote name='JordanPlayer']Anyone checked Dragon Quest IX? Gonna head out for lunch within the hour.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed to not be $.01:

Mass Effect 2
Dragon Quest IX

New Confirmations:
Dragon Age Origins Awakening

Pretty damn sure these dropped, but I couldn't find them:
Dragon Age Origins
Fallout 3 GOTY

Only one store out of the four I hit left guides out on the shelves, the other stores were very well organized and left behind all the non-drops of which Mass Effect 2 and DQ9 were included.

I couldn't find any FO3 GOTY or DA:O guides at any of the stores I went to - I did pick up DA:OA for $0.01 though. The DA:OA guide dropped off the site at the same time as DA:O and FO:3 GOTY, so I'm pretty sure those dropped. I'm also guessing that because all three were MIA at the pre-pull stores I hit.

Good luck!

I had success, but didn't realize the Epic Mickey guide dropped, so I left those behind sadly. If anyone wants to grab me one, I can send my spare Force Unleashed CE guide their way in exchange.

I also picked up a spare Poke Park guide if anyone misses out on it. The cover has a rip down the center but its still more than useable.

[quote name='vashtheowner']Can anyone confirm if DA:O guide dropped or not? I wouldn't mind picking one of those up.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I picked up this one.

Haul for me:
Metroid Other M
Dead Rising 2
SWFU 2 LE
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011
Sims 3
Dragon Age Origins Awakenings

Also made a new CAG friend in person today: Nice to meet you 62t :)

[quote name='hellmutt']Yes, I picked up this one.

Haul for me:
Metroid Other M
Dead Rising 2
SWFU 2 LE
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011
Sims 3
Dragon Age Origins Awakenings

Also made a new CAG friend in person today: Nice to meet you 62t :)[/QUOTE]

He meant DA origins, not DA origins awakenings (the expansion)

I'm starting to dread BB penny drops - the stores around here are masters of the pre-pull, they never leave anything on the shelves anymore.
They are as efficient as if they are taking sick delight at removing them from everyone else and hoarding them for themselves.

Only 2 of my BB.com order was there at pickup - Metroid Other M and Madden NFL 11.

I was really only wanting the SWFU2 CE, but there's a small chance in he77 that BB.com will honor that order.... :(

Only one time did I ever attempt an in-store pick-up on penny guides (it was a store that never pulled guides either). Once I got there, they told me they couldn't find them. So I walked to the guides section and they had all been pulled.

Tried 3 stores on my way to work. pulled, denied (mostly pulled already), pulled.

waste of time since I knew the SD effect will kill this.

my store was pre pulled there might be DA:O but i knew something was up when guides looked light but ill go back and look for a few that where not listed earlier

[quote name='reapersaurus']It's the Best-Buy-manager-effect that has killed this deal.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that and the separate 'penny guide' thread on the forums has not helped.

Went to a second, normally very anal, BB to see if I'd have luck on things I missed the first time, and amazingly nothing was pulled. Grabbed what I wanted and now I see I missed out on the Golden Sun guides. I need to quit jumping the gun...

no go at store local to work - but thats not surprising based on history. The good/non-pulling store will be stopped at on the way home.

just visited the non-pulling store close to work, THEY PULLED.......:cry: mofo. I know they pulled because I was able to get the sims 3 guide only because it was in the PC section. It was one of my best and lucrative ones. This store has NEVER pulled. I have 4 more to go but this is just upsetting. I think the SD instore pickup effect has alerted the managers.

[quote name='62t']saw hellmutt in person today. And thanks[/QUOTE]

No problem, it was nice to meet you, and of course we CAGs gotta stick together :)

Went to a BB near my work that is usually late to pull... but they got everything this time :( Guess I'll try to check some of the other stores near my house and hope for some luck.

No problems with my in-store pickup. The systems were down, so that may have helped. I then grabbed a couple DR2s off teh shelf and was able to check out. It kind of reminded me of the the good old days of easy penny guides.

With the changes in the gaming section (including the person who is in charge and is actually knowledgeable), I expect more stores to be on top of pulls.

South coast plaza is being pulled as I post :(
Lucky I got all the one I came for...they had a tons of awakening and me2 Gl cags

[quote name='BuDdyLe']South coast plaza is being pulled as I post :(
Lucky I got all the one I came for...they had a tons of awakening and me2 Gl cags[/QUOTE]

By chance did you manage to see the full list of guides to pull while you were there?

I picked up a Sims 3 guide today at my local Best Buy. I will check the two on my way home from work tomorrow to look for Dead Rising 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back