Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend and I lucked out yesterday at the target in Wilmington and cleaned them out of all the penny guides. The manager actually helped me go through and find ones.

Got thief, acc 4, dk3d, pikman 3, watchdogs

If anyone is looking for those and happened to score an extra link between worlds guide I will gladly hook ya up.
Wilmington CA???

A friend and I lucked out yesterday at the target in Wilmington and cleaned them out of all the penny guides. The manager actually helped me go through and find ones.

Got thief, acc 4, dk3d, pikman 3, watchdogs

If anyone is looking for those and happened to score an extra link between worlds guide I will gladly hook ya up.
Target or Toys R Us?

Saw two of the Super Mario 3D World guides at Best Buy. One still sealed in wrap, one opened and in pretty poor condition. Against my better judgment, I tried to get them. They would not ring up for anything. Guy called the manager, who saw the price on the UPC and rang it up for that price, $34.99. Too much for me. Dammit.

Do you guys know of any regular guide sales? Like, I know GameStop runs their end of year 50% off all guides sale. But are there any others you are aware of? I've really started to enjoy collecting these things after getting so many penny ones. But really, I want the CE's and of course don't want to pay retail, or even 70% of retail.

Do you guys know of any regular guide sales? Like, I know GameStop runs their end of year 50% off all guides sale. But are there any others you are aware of? I've really started to enjoy collecting these things after getting so many penny ones. But really, I want the CE's and of course don't want to pay retail, or even 70% of retail.
Amazon occasionally may have the random CE guide heavily discounted (like down to ~$5), but that's usually months after the guide disappears from B&M stores. It's hard to predict, and you probably shouldn't count on it.

Other than Amazon's typical ~30-40% pre-order pricing, I don't there there are usually any reliable sales on guides anywhere. At least not in the percentage off that you or I would like.

At times gamestop does drop prices on guides. Right now the AC Unity CE guide is $20 there and once in a while some guides drop to $10.

Anyone happen to have a cheap Darks souls 2 guide for ps3? Just bought the game.
Cheapest I know of is Half Price Books and 50% off this Sunday. That would be about 12 to 14 dollars shipped (regular price $17.50 at my local). Not super cheap, but better than eBay. PM me and I'll put it on hold.

the DS2 CE guide was as low as $12 on Amazon a couple weeks back.  Too bad you weren't looking then.  Might be worth putting a price tracker on camelcamelcamel.com.  I just removed it from tracking as I have 3 copies.  One at about $20 and two around $14 each.

the DS2 CE guide was as low as $12 on Amazon a couple weeks back. Too bad you weren't looking then. Might be worth putting a price tracker on camelcamelcamel.com. I just removed it from tracking as I have 3 copies. One at about $20 and two around $14 each.
whoa really? it was that cheap? do you think it will drop taht low again?

Got denied on south park stick of truth guides at best buy. Would have been nice I had the physical copy for $10 new ps3 and traded it for store credit since my blu Ray laser is broke I'm done collecting ps3 saving for PS4 now.

Was nice getting the game on PSN for $5 bucks.

Not really a penny guide but

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Pullback-Racers-Styles-Vehicle/dp/B007VP94CM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426838412&sr=8-1&keywords=mario+kart+ball

is a penny at Gamestop and so are some other small items.

Also Lighting Returns at BB is out of system and KI art book still is in the system.
Thank you. I'll keep a look out. I'd love to get that Mario Kart toy for a penny.

fuck a gold amiibo.

This will be me behind Gamestop today looking for Mario Kart toys:
tumblr_inline_nagl0ogJCw1qi3s12.jpg

For SoCal CAGs, the Bell Gardens in TRU is still fully stocked with all these strategy guides for $0.02:
Battlefield 4
Watch_Dogs
Thief
Halo 4
Titanfall
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Assassins Creed IV Black Flag
Zelda A Link Between Worlds
Lego City Undercover
Pikmin 3
Animal Crossing New Leaf

This is kind of relevant, but I'm mainly posting this here because the CE guide thread is buried.

The Bloodborne CE guide has been delayed to mid-April because FuturePress is adding stuff based on the day-one patch--128 pages' worth (400 pages -> 528 pages).

http://gameidealist.com/news/future-press-talks-bloodborne-collectors-edition-strategy-guide-day-one-patch-coverage-and-delay/
Thanks for this update! Glad I was able to PO this at Amazon when it was $20.99, this expansion is a cherry on top.

I just want to verify I looked back through the thread and couldnt get a definite. These should ring up ".02" or "item not found" at the self scanner at TRU?

Thank you gentlemen. I think I scanned the first got over-excited as I didn't notice the second barcode. I stopped at the store by my work and checked there scanned again and saw what you all were talking about.

That being said, I have to report......

Nothing, absolutely, nothing.....

Yep... Looks like those of us that stocked up on Hyrule Warriors guides when the Kongregate coupon + 1/2 price guide sale was on at GS did a good thing... :)

bread's done
Back