Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
Would appreciate a list.

Found some Angry Bird plushes for .97
Don't have a list I just asked a guy that I'm semi friendly with to ring them up to check the price. Besides the Gatcha Nintendo toys and the Capcom Bandanna thing from before I don't remember any and didn't want them to much if they were. Well if I go again I'll make a list.

Not sure if anybody post a deal about, The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide
, and if anyone is still interesting in looking to purchase the hardcover version.  Barns and Nobles online website are having it for $27.63 with this coupon http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/533548-barnes-noble-coupon-thread-part-2-a.html 20% off and free shipping i got it for $23.43 including tax.  New members also get 1-3 day shipping. no charge after two month membership if cancelled before free trail ends. :)

A couple items of note:

1. TRU still has some old used games out there that ring up for $.03/$.04/$.02 - they will have a different type of barcode sticker on the back from the newer ones. (either have just a regular-type barcode stuck over the plastic or a special "used game" barcode with a bunch of text too on the newer ones)

2.  Guides that pennied out at BB before the system changed to ring stuff up as "not for sale/recalled" still will ring up as $.01 if you run across them.  I had a store check the sku for FNV CE(1408457) tonight to see if it still rang up, and it did.  No "not for sale message" or anything.

Not a Penny Guide deal, but GameStop is running 50% off all guides in this weeks ad. Discount is reflected when you add them to your cart.

ETA: Zelda MM CE is in-stock for shipping. $17.49 after discount.

OLFSI_041515_2780.jpg

I just used the PUR $20 off strategy guide coupon on a $40 strategy guide, hoping it would be free after 50% and $20 off. However, the register took $20 off first, then 50%+PUR. So instead of getting it for free, it rang up as $7.XX :wall: 

I just used the PUR $20 off strategy guide coupon on a $40 strategy guide, hoping it would be free after 50% and $20 off. However, the register took $20 off first, then 50%+PUR. So instead of getting it for free, it rang up as $7.XX :wall:
Most stores are smart enough to program their computers to take off fixed value discounts before percent off discounts. Even if it did take the 50% off first, your subtotal would've been $19.99. Since that's less than $20, I'm not sure the $20 coupon would work.

Most stores are smart enough to program their computers to take off fixed value discounts before percent off discounts. Even if it did take the 50% off first, your subtotal would've been $19.99. Since that's less than $20, I'm not sure the $20 coupon would work.
[attachment=14001:G.png]

It should work in theory :whistle2:(

Come to think of it, I did combine dollar off coupon with bday before, and it was dollar off first so I just wasted my 11K points :fridge:

That's how it works across other retailers as well.

The only way a guide would ring out at $7.99 from the scenario trclamp mentioned is that he's PUR Pro and it took off 10% off the top before the discounts. Like this:

$40 base price, $36 after PUR Pro

$36, then $20 off from guide coupon, down to $16

$16, then 50% discount, down to $8/$7.99.

I think he said on the last page the best way to tell is the games will have a different barcode than the one with the paragraphs of text on it.  I was at a store on monday with a few hundred used games but sadly they were all the newer stickers and scanned at full price. 

I tried some of the guides, Wind Waker is still full DK Tropical Freeze was gone so maybe it dropped and Lego of Chima was .02. Grand Theft Auto 5 RE and Sunset Overdrive were still full as well. Still questioning if I should of bought the Lego of Chima guides and the few penny games I scanned. Well I am not a reseller and no place will take them for trade in.

I tried some of the guides, Wind Waker is still full DK Tropical Freeze was gone so maybe it dropped and Lego of Chima was .02. Grand Theft Auto 5 RE and Sunset Overdrive were still full as well. Still questioning if I should of bought the Lego of Chima guides and the few penny games I scanned. Well I am not a reseller and no place will take them for trade in.
I checked DK, infinity 2.0, and the call of duty guides on 4-19-15 and they were not pennied. IDK what day the drop happened though.

Mario and Lugi was .02 yesterday according to my parents. I haven't talked to them about what else they scanned when they were there.

I checked DK, infinity 2.0, and the call of duty guides on 4-19-15 and they were not pennied. IDK what day the drop happened though.

Mario and Lugi was .02 yesterday according to my parents. I haven't talked to them about what else they scanned when they were there.
Tell them to stay out of my stores bro!

I checked Skylanders Giants, Mario 3d land small guide, skylanders swap character small book, 4 game pack small book, and infinity 1 tru exclusive version and all were full price.

As was Lego marvel.

Looks like a drop today at GS.

Missing from the site:

AC Unity CE

Far Cry 4 CE

Smash Bros CE

Madden 15

Probably a couple others too.

bread's done
Back