Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked a best buy while traveling over the last weekend with no luck unfortunately. They had many more guides than my local store yet nothing that wasn't MSRP.

I'm anxiously awaiting a gamestop Wednesday drop. No way I'm paying more for a CE guide than what I paid for the game. Some of the ones I want are $20 at gamestop, though $10 is a reasonable price for me. It's unfortunate the typical pattern is $40 ---> garbage.
If you have 11k points at GS, just get them that way. The rewards system is changing soon so it might be worth it to go ahead and use up your points that.

I checked a best buy while traveling over the last weekend with no luck unfortunately. They had many more guides than my local store yet nothing that wasn't MSRP.

I'm anxiously awaiting a gamestop Wednesday drop. No way I'm paying more for a CE guide than what I paid for the game. Some of the ones I want are $20 at gamestop, though $10 is a reasonable price for me. It's unfortunate the typical pattern is $40 ---> garbage.
I found out what happened to my CoD BLOPS3 guides, kinda... they were delivered to the BB warehouse in Kentucky. Even though the email delivery confirmation said they were delivered to me. After several days of a BB CS rep looking into it and nobody figuring out what happened, I'm getting a $20 GC for the trouble.

FYI I can get exact inventory numbers for guides at Best Buy now if anyone needs help finding one. All I need is the sku.
Just for shits and giggles try this one please: 1408457

I found out what happened to my CoD BLOPS3 guides, kinda... they were delivered to the BB warehouse in Kentucky. Even though the email delivery confirmation said they were delivered to me. After several days of a BB CS rep looking into it and nobody figuring out what happened, I'm getting a $20 GC for the trouble.

Just for shits and giggles try this one please: 1408457
What is it? Their system acts like it isn't there anymore.

I was posting that to let people know if they wanted to check their local stores.  However, if you don't have a Five Below near you I can go by and get another one to ship to you if you'd like.  With media mail shipping I think it would be about $8.  Just let me know.

A Five Below is opening up in my area next weekend. I had no idea that they sold guides. The wife is going to be pissed.

I picked up a SW Battlefront guide for .02 at TRU. It's the first reduced price guide that I've ever bought there. I haven't followed this thread in years so I was pleasantly surprised. Good times.

A Five Below is opening up in my area next weekend. I had no idea that they sold guides. The wife is going to be pissed.

I picked up a SW Battlefront guide for .02 at TRU. It's the first reduced price guide that I've ever bought there. I haven't followed this thread in years so I was pleasantly surprised. Good times.
They only stock them sporadically at best. If the store is convenient, though, it's worth occasionally checking in.

Gamestop 4/19

CoD Infinite Warfare

Dishonored 2 CE

Titanfall 2 CE

World of Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy XV (softcover)

Final Fantasy XV CE

Welp RIP penny guides in NY. Had a good run. Went to 4 GS that are all in the same area ( Two that were always gold ) and got nadda. Even though each store had them on shelves. Seems that around here they were told that all go IMMEDIATELY back to corporate. 2 of the stores were pulling as I was speaking to the workers. Few tidbits , said that holds were going to be denied upon opening and that excess stock would be sold to other discount retailers mentioned 5 below and another chain I've never heard of. Shame is Dishonored 2 guide looked nice. One Manager said he would still give them to his workers ( which is fine obviously ) and depending if it's left there may be an extra DH2 guide left for me. But the crackdown is real at least here. One worker who has been really good to me with guides was like they are watching everything and act like Tyrants or they will fire our asses. Penny guides cool perk but worth someone's job nah. Hope I get the guide. If not I'll live and maybe attempt attacking my backlog , good hunting :)

dohh, looks like listings are pulled. Wanted Dishonored 2 CE but don't have time to go store by store to check today

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
There is still the google cache left that I can pull the SKU and PID. I will post locations that show stock for you guys.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=1900446928

Dishonored 2 CE

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=617137969

Titanfall 2 CE

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=24193172

World of Final Fantasy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=352639157

Welp RIP penny guides in NY. Had a good run. Went to 4 GS that are all in the same area ( Two that were always gold ) and got nadda. Even though each store had them on shelves. Seems that around here they were told that all go IMMEDIATELY back to corporate. 2 of the stores were pulling as I was speaking to the workers. Few tidbits , said that holds were going to be denied upon opening and that excess stock would be sold to other discount retailers mentioned 5 below and another chain I've never heard of. Shame is Dishonored 2 guide looked nice. One Manager said he would still give them to his workers ( which is fine obviously ) and depending if it's left there may be an extra DH2 guide left for me. But the crackdown is real at least here. One worker who has been really good to me with guides was like they are watching everything and act like Tyrants or they will fire our asses. Penny guides cool perk but worth someone's job nah. Hope I get the guide. If not I'll live and maybe attempt attacking my backlog , good hunting :)
Where in NY? WNY has dried up for me unless the worker is new and doesn't know better

There were two other guides that pennied also, anyone know what they were? (site went from 42 to 36)

I went to pickup the Dishonored 2 CE I got a ready for pickup email for and managed to grab TF2 CE and WOFF also since they were still out on the floor.

There were two other guides that pennied also, anyone know what they were? (site went from 42 to 36)

I went to pickup the Dishonored 2 CE I got a ready for pickup email for and managed to grab TF2 CE and WOFF also since they were still out on the floor.
seems like FF XV SC and HC gone

Finally! Have been waiting for this drop for months. Got Dishonored and Titanfall tonight. Just waiting on the Watch Dogs guide to finally drop now.

What part of NY were these Gamestop's located?

No. I've found guides as long as 6 months after they pennied.
Is today too late to go look for this week pennied guide?

I noticed that during the holiday season the penny guides were staying on the shelves a lot longer. If you look back a few pages you might be able find a list of those as they may still be hanging around

struck out on Dishonored 2, but one of the GS I went to still have DS3 HC sitting on the bottom collectible shelf at the counter. The GS is on Buckingham Rd in Richardson, TX

Update #2: Managed to find a GS still has 2 copies on the collectible shelf, the guy (seems like a manager) told the clerk to only let 1 sold to me as an exception, and ordered another guy to pull whatever pennied guide left asap.

thank you Darby.

I was able to get lucky and got a penny guide when a different employee was on clock the other time. Generally if they don't give you it the first time around, you shouldn't waste your time again with the same employee.

Went to a Game-stop near me and found 2 copies of Titanfall 2 CE on the shelf the and the girl who said she was the assistant manager told me she couldn't sell them to me. I got really upset but shrugged it off and i'm going to go speak to someone who supposedly is a district manager and see what he can do for me. May not be much but eh. At least it will get everyone in line for when the next batch drops.

Went to a Game-stop near me and found 2 copies of Titanfall 2 CE on the shelf the and the girl who said she was the assistant manager told me she couldn't sell them to me. I got really upset but shrugged it off and i'm going to go speak to someone who supposedly is a district manager and see what he can do for me. May not be much but eh. At least it will get everyone in line for when the next batch drops.
Congrats on your plan to never get one in your area.

The XV CE pennied? Darby must have snuck in the update late as I was at a store last night and got Titanfall & Dishonored, though the list originally posted only showed 4 guides. Wish I knew as I would have loved to grab FF XV as well.

The XV CE pennied? Darby must have snuck in the update late as I was at a store last night and got Titanfall & Dishonored, though the list originally posted only showed 4 guides. Wish I knew as I would have loved to grab FF XV as well.
My original info only had the 4. I added the last two when I saw there were 6 guides that dropped off the site.

Didn't get any this time... None of my stores have any guides out anymore. How the fuck do they expect to sell shit that's stacked up in the back??? fucking GameStop is so stupid.

You gotta be kidding? Don't do any of this. Just call it and try another time.

I wouldn't mind paying $20 shipped for a FFXV CE guide since they seem to be sold out at BBY and none of my local GS stores appear to have it.

Anyone here able to get an extra from GS and sell for that price?

I have a copy of Dark souls 3 CE guide I found a while back. Willing to trade for the hard cover FF XV if anyone finds one!

What Infinite Warfare guide is pennied out right now? Is it the collector's edition or is there some sort of standard guide out there?

stopped by TRU during lunch, scanner couldn't find price for both UC4 SC and Star Fox HC

I would guess you scanned the barcodes wrong.

What Infinite Warfare guide is pennied out right now? Is it the collector's edition or is there some sort of standard guide out there?
There's a softcover one that is very thin and I think only had MP strategery in it.

Just updated the FF XV CE list about 110 locations dropped off.
Thank you. How accurate are these spreadsheets? I ask because there's a store on the list not too far away though it's a good 25 minute drive each way and I don't want to waste my time for nothing. Of course I'm not going to call ahead and start asking questions.

Thank you. How accurate are these spreadsheets? I ask because there's a store on the list not too far away though it's a good 25 minute drive each way and I don't want to waste my time for nothing. Of course I'm not going to call ahead and start asking questions.
It depends on the store. If they just gave it away without taking it out of inventory, it will be wrong.

Just a list of stores from their server that say that sku is available for purchase currently.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I had a feeling that was the case. I realized after that the one store listing it available, I knew the manager who recently transferred there. He tossed the guides last week and never cleared inventory. Saved an hour and gas.

Still blame you Darby! *shakesfist*

bread's done
Back