Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, that hasn't been my experience. I've never had anything get priced under $3 for game guides, I have had regular paperback books have offers as low as 10c  though.

Picked up Battlefront CE from Gamestop today, and a Far Cry Primal CE at Bestbuy. They freaked out at Bestbuy and eventually let me take it. Guy at Gamestop didn't even blink. I know these were pennied awhile ago so I was pretty happy to get them. 

Picked up Battlefront CE from Gamestop today, and a Far Cry Primal CE at Bestbuy. They freaked out at Bestbuy and eventually let me take it. Guy at Gamestop didn't even blink. I know these were pennied awhile ago so I was pretty happy to get them.
I must have missed the BF CE guide. When did it drop?

Blast, totally thought I had picked up that Witcher CE guide back when it was on sale on GS.com... can't seem to find it anywhere or any record of me having picked up... I don't suppose these have been pennied yet, and if so, I don't suppose there's one of you on here who has a "spare"??

Blast, totally thought I had picked up that Witcher CE guide back when it was on sale on GS.com... can't seem to find it anywhere or any record of me having picked up... I don't suppose these have been pennied yet, and if so, I don't suppose there's one of you on here who has a "spare"??
It hasn't been pennied out, it's back down to $19.99 making it a perfect guide to use the PUR coupon to get it free. (That's what I did)

It hasn't been pennied out, it's back down to $19.99 making it a perfect guide to use the PUR coupon to get it free. (That's what I did)
online? all the stores nearby that had it, still had it marked (and rung up) at $29.99. Surprised the Halo wars 2 one is still near or at full price as well.

How does one attain this coupon? Still waiting for the Watch Dogs 2 CE guide to drop.

Anyway to check what stores have the Battlefront CE guide as well? I know it's a crapshoot if they were tossed and deleted in inventory.

How does one attain this coupon? Still waiting for the Watch Dogs 2 CE guide to drop.

Anyway to check what stores have the Battlefront CE guide as well? I know it's a crapshoot if they were tossed and deleted in inventory.
It's a PUR Coupon you can redeem for 11,250 points. It takes $20 off any guide (makes $19.99 guides free). It's less points than a $15 pre-owned voucher so it's a great value for paper lovers like me.

Found this today when I had to go check in on a new office

[attachment=26713:20170601_121642.jpg]

Guy was real cool and said barely anyone takes the guides, I'll be back there for sure :)

Drove over an hour to get a King of fighters premium edition on clearance at GS. Made it even better when I found a Infinite Warfare ce guide that they just let me take.

A walmart somewhat close me had a clearance aisle in electronics, bunch of guides laying about. Watch Dogs 2 CE, Dark Souls CE, CoD: IW CE, AC Syndicate softcover, all marked $15 or less.

Guides will be 50% off tomorrow only at GS for their Pro Day sale. Some notables:

The Witcher 3 CE - $15
Fallout 4 CE - $5 😮
Watchdogs 2 CE - $10
Skyrim SE CE - $25

Not bad if you have credit and have a hard time getting penny guides in your area. I'll probably get a Witcher CE and another FO4 CE for the collection. I'm not sure about the Skyrim CE. I can see that one dropping to $20 or so before it pennies.

Could someone point me in the right direction for guide trading? I have some extras of CEs and am looking for some CEs as well.

Could someone point me in the right direction for guide trading? I have some extras of CEs and am looking for some CEs as well.
The guide trade thread is dead as shit. Probably best bet is to look at posts here and see if someone mentioned getting extras of something you want and DM them.

It's been a few weeks since there was a gamestop drop.

As far as trades, thank you crazed. I'm looking for the Rise of the Tomb Raider CE as well as Battlefroht CE. Haves from recent times are the CoD IW CE guide and the NES hardcover too.

You guys are so lucky with your penny guides! In my district you could potentially be fired for selling them that cheap. We had to box them up and ship them back to the warehouse, couldn't even give them out for free.

WD2 CE definitely gone
Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Finally.

Now my closest stores don't even list them as available. They had multiple the past few weeks.

When do these drop, as in approximate time? An hour ago WD2 was still up at $19.99. I've been watching the page like a hawk.

Finally.

Now my closest stores don't even list them as available. They had multiple the past few weeks.

When do these drop, as in approximate time? An hour ago WD2 was still up at $19.99. I've been watching the page like a hawk.
10 AM ET.

Now that they changed the website, you can't see if they are pennying early like you used to be able to.

10 AM ET.

Now that they changed the website, you can't see if they are pennying early like you used to be able to.
Yeah I've noticed that lately. How do people come up with these spreadsheets where it lists all the stores who have things in stock?

Today I'll have to hunt somewhat as I the nearest store who last had WD2 in stock is about 20mi away.

You mentioned Gears dropped as well so I'm waiting somewhat for a more complete list. Because last time Darby... still blaming you!!

Yeah I've noticed that lately. How do people come up with these spreadsheets where it lists all the stores who have things in stock?

Today I'll have to hunt somewhat as I the nearest store who last had WD2 in stock is about 20mi away.

You mentioned Gears dropped as well so I'm waiting somewhat for a more complete list. Because last time Darby... still blaming you!!
time to put up BB signal?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Knew I should have bit on it for the recent $10 sale. Hopefully the planets align and we can all find one!
I considered it at $10. In reality I will never use it, it will sit on a shelf collecting dust. That's why I stopped buying them ages ago. Just like how I used to buy many games when they hit $10 or less, and years, even decades later, I have GameCube, Xbox, PS2, 360, PS3, and others still sitting sealed, now in my attic in boxes. $10 adds up over time.

After what felt like a lifetime of waiting, FINALLY got my hands on the Watch Dogs 2 CE, as well as Gears 4 CE. Also picked up the Mirror's Edge CE clearanced for $50.

WD2 and GoW 2 CE guides pennies today. Mirror's Edge Catalyst CE no game clearanced to $49.97.
One of my stores admitted to having the GoW4 guides still, but they then said that they can't sell them because they've been "moved out of the system and are awaiting the DM to come by and destroy them." Looks like I still have a chance in my area though.

One of my stores admitted to having the GoW4 guides still, but they then said that they can't sell them because they've been "moved out of the system and are awaiting the DM to come by and destroy them." Looks like I still have a chance in my area though.
Yeah, I always get that same thing. In my experience working there, one if three things happens. They either rip them up and throw them away (steal), mark them field destroy and have the DM pick them up, or penny them out through the register and send them back to the warehouse. Hopefully you can snag them before the more diligent employees notice!

0/3 on WD2, Gears 4, and HW2 guides and I went to 3 GS stores today. 'Grats to those that got 'em.
Oh well did pick up a bunch on Pro day for 50% off.

No. This means they are still in inventory. They could be in the back, or could have been given away and just never taken out of inventory.
I've learned the latter is often the case. I checked the doc posted earlier for Halo Wars 2, no store anywhere around me lists any in inventory. So no chance of them lying around since they were actively removed.

Of course, blaming you as per the course lately!

bread's done
Back