Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
Only want WD2 but couldn't head out to hunt for one, so I asked my sister to look for one near her school, luckily they haven't pulled it off the shelf yet.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I considered it at $10. In reality I will never use it, it will sit on a shelf collecting dust. That's why I stopped buying them ages ago. Just like how I used to buy many games when they hit $10 or less, and years, even decades later, I have GameCube, Xbox, PS2, 360, PS3, and others still sitting sealed, now in my attic in boxes. $10 adds up over time.
Yes, but some of those $10 sealed games or guides might be worth a lot after several years of just sitting there. A good example is my still sealed Read Dead Redemption GOTY hardcover guide that I know I spent $20 or less on. That is worth like $80+ now!

Nice... Walked into a store up north today after I finished a ticket and they had a Gears 4, Watch Dogs 2 and Halo Wars 2 guide. The manager said "I'm glad you're taking them. We just throw them away, you know?"

You guys are lucky I get denied all the time, but they never seem to remove the guides I just try again later and somebody usually caves in and gives it to me.

Darn, wasn't able to get either HW2 or Witcher 3 Complete CE Guides -- if any of you guys managed to snag a few extra for pennies, I'll gladly pay $10-$15ea + shipping.  Don't get to get out to GS's nearly as much as I used to but would like these for my guide collection.  Let me know, thanks!

I think I read on CAG recently that there was a discount somewhere for buying FFXII HD and its guide together.

Does anyone know which store was offering that?

I think I read on CAG recently that there was a discount somewhere for buying FFXII HD and its guide together.

Does anyone know which store was offering that?
I know Gamestop is doing something like that. Buy the game and the guide and you save $15 if I remember correctly.

Darn, wasn't able to get either HW2 or Witcher 3 Complete CE Guides -- if any of you guys managed to snag a few extra for pennies, I'll gladly pay $10-$15ea + shipping. Don't get to get out to GS's nearly as much as I used to but would like these for my guide collection. Let me know, thanks!
I just sent you a PM.

Been lucky at GS due to the recent trade in activity. At one store, found FF XV softcover. Second store, got Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens. Has this one been mentioned before?

FYI, the CE OSG for FF 12 comes out to a dollar when you buy it with the game and use a Power Up Rewards certificate.

Edit for details (no longer driving):
$4 off for being pro
$15 off for buying it with the game
$20 off with the cert that costs 11,250 points

FYI, the CE OSG for FF 12 comes out to a dollar when you buy it with the game and use a Power Up Rewards certificate.

Edit for details (no longer driving):
$4 off for being pro
$15 off for buying it with the game
$20 off with the cert that costs 11,250 points
Thank you Chuck! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Will be doing this after work. 👍👍

maybe it just me or Prima did a shitty job shrink wrapping the FF12 guide, no tears in the wrapping (really tight tho) but most of the corner and edge are bent.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Its still on going until 7/16. If you put the game and the guide on the website it shows the discount on it.
Thanks for this!

I am going to stop by one of my local stores where the steel book became "available" recently from people who didn't pick up preorders.

Ghost Recon Wildlands CE guide pennied today. I think that was it.

EDIT: May have to double check on this. Still showing full price on the site. Could've been given some faulty info.  :shame:

bread's done
Back