Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that why I get "Oops! An unexpected error has occurred while adding this product to your cart. Please try again." if adding to cart?

I feel silly for never following this thread despite being a longtime member.

Is that why I get "Oops! An unexpected error has occurred while adding this product to your cart. Please try again." if adding to cart?

I feel silly for never following this thread despite being a longtime member.
GS blocking ppl from putting in Hold Request. The guide is indeed pennied. It is not scarce like other guide as I saw it still available at nearly every stores near me

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

No luck on the one store that listed having the Zelda guide. I was at that store last week and got Wildlands CE too. It only I knew about Zelda in sure I would have it.

Darby...

Anything else drop besides Pokemon CE? Generally I've found that if we don't know the day of the drop, you most likely won't find it since they'll be taken already or tossed by the end of the day.

Darn. Went to the store and it wasn't there. And now it's removed from the website.

I have a hold page still on a tab, bother?

Anything else drop besides Pokemon CE? Generally I've found that if we don't know the day of the drop, you most likely won't find it since they'll be taken already or tossed by the end of the day.
doesn't seems like it, but you never know

I say the next 2 primed to be pennied next seems to be Witcher and Skyrim CE (SC already dropped last week), been watching those like a hawk. Not sure what's the deal with FO4 CE, that thing been around like forever.

doesn't seems like it, but you never know

I say the next 2 primed to be pennied next seems to be Witcher and Skyrim CE (SC already dropped last week), been watching those like a hawk. Not sure what's the deal with FO4 CE, that thing been around like forever.

My next would be Prey.

I'm told Prey and Witcher are up next. This isn't a fact, just speculation from a manager.

Got a shipping notice on the Pokemon guide..first time I've caught a pennied out guide from the website.  Glad I went ahead and ordered since all my local stores pulled the guide by noon.  

Picked up wildlands guide and the store clerk was like, hey man u want this pokemon guide for free too?? And just put it in my bag

Was the Zelda guide drop soft or hardcover? I spoke to a store who has hooked me up in the past. They told me they had only softcover BotW guides.

So I'm new to this thread. Employee at my GameStop said they don't sell their guides below the sticker price and that they usually ship them back.

I'm wondering how you guys convince the employee to sell it for a penny?

My GameStop has a bunch of these literally laying on the floor under shelves and nobody is buying them. I guess I just don't know how to ask without sounding like I'm trying to rip them off or something. I don't want them to get weird about it lol.

I would definitely like some penny guides though.
Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I find sleeping with them gets you great perks like free guides and employee discounts. But that might just be regional.

I find sleeping with them gets you great perks like free guides and employee discounts. But that might just be regional.
I concur. Sometimes flashing excessive cleavage is also helpful.

Seriously, it's the luck of the draw. Sometimes I try to convince them by saying I'm going to give them a 10 on a survey, or I can preorder a game

So I'm new to this thread. Employee at my GameStop said they don't sell their guides below the sticker price and that they usually ship them back.

My GameStop has a bunch of these literally laying on the floor under shelves and nobody is buying them. I guess I just don't know how to ask without sounding like I'm trying to rip them off or something. I don't want them to get weird about it lol.

It's pretty tricky but basically, you take the guides to the counter and ask to buy them.

New account only posting here. PMed me about how to get the dropped guides. Things are starting to fit.

Have they PMed anyone else?

New account only posting here. PMed me about how to get the dropped guides. Things are starting to fit.

Have they PMed anyone else?
Dude I didn't PM anyone else lol.
You were the last poster when I saw the thread and it seemed you knew what you were talking about.

That's why I PMed you.

Idk who this person you think I am even is lol.

I'm honestly just new to this thread/forum. I had a question and I was curious so I asked about it. Sorry.

attachicon.gif
hello-fellow-cags.jpg
I'm curious now though.

Who is the guy you're referring to and why was he banned?

I'm curious now though.

Who is the guy you're referring to and why was he banned?

You know who this guy was who was banned, just look in the mirror and you'll see who it is, IAmTheCheapestAssGamer.

You magically showed up in here without making any other posts elsewhere, which is very random, if you don't know what this thread is from being in here under a previously banned account.

Stop with the bullshit already, we'll wait for the mods to erase you from here until you think you're sneaky enough to try again. Which we all wish you wouldn't. Doing posting from a phone won't save you, either.

While IATCG is here I want to say fuck you.  Flips will never die lol.  Get a life.

I know off topic but gotta get him while he's reading lol.

You know who this guy was who was banned, just look in the mirror and you'll see who it is, IAmTheCheapestAssGamer.

You magically showed up in here without making any other posts elsewhere, which is very random, if you don't know what this thread is from being in here under a previously banned account.

Stop with the bullshit already, we'll wait for the mods to erase you from here until you think you're sneaky enough to try again. Which we all wish you wouldn't. Doing posting from a phone won't save you, either.
Honest question - only one person in the world would have that particular behavior with a new account? Really? No one else would create a new account to post questions in this thread?

I hope the mods aren't squashing new accounts haphazardly.

Again, generally if they are not wiling to budge with the .01 price the 1st time, you shouldn't try your luck again with the same person. I attempted to pick up a FF XV guide a while back, it was slightly beat up. The store manager here was transferred from another location, this guy has been working at GS forever literally, since the PS2 days! 

I never tried my luck with penny guides, with this particular store leader, so figured I'd give it a go. I even attempted to pick it up with a brand new FF XV along with the guide to see what happens. 

Employee: Picking up the FF XV guide? Sweet!

Me: Yes, would like to pick up a new copy of XV for $34.99 also

Employee: Rings up the game, and jaw drops at 1 cent price

Me: Is it possible to get the guide at that price?

Employee: No, it would be nice though, I have to ring it back up at the normal price.

Me: Thanks, I'll pass!

Honest question - only one person in the world would have that particular behavior with a new account? Really? No one else would create a new account to post questions in this thread?

I hope the mods aren't squashing new accounts haphazardly.
All I did is reported him to the mods. Was up to them to do the due diligence on banning him. Unless he moved, he in one specific area of the country and geo-checking IPs figures all of that out.

My bad. I thought IATCG was CAGamer16 or something like that. So stupid to attract attention to himself by asking a stupid question like that.
I just wanted to see what he would say to me telling him to buy the guide since he's banned from Gamestop haha.

Here's to hoping for a trade...

Looking for Rise of the TR CE guide & the SW Battlefront guide. At the moment have a CoD AW CE and the NES Classic book for trade.

pALY1wp.jpg

Creepy source

https://mega.nz/#!MN5RCYJT!trk_XccnVbceIo9n-Q5XFF5K5h9W07IT5JXS9qSPado

What has to happen before cheapest finally realizes he's a dumb bastard and can't fool anyone. Not anyone at walmart, gamestop, bestbuy and definately not anyone here. You would figure he'd find some friends who are just as miserable as his dumbass and go hang at the park.

bread's done
Back