Refurbished Deluxe 32GB Wii U System w/ Nintendoland - Direct from Nintendo for $205 shipped!

midnightpi

CAGiversary!
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat140077

***LIMITED TIME PER NINTENDO'S PAGE***

Looks like Nintendo cut the price down to $200 for their refurb Nintendo Wii U Deluxe system bundled w/ Nintendoland. This is about $100 less than if you go out to retail stores and buy new (Yes, I know that would include a bundle.. but Sam's Clubs are still at the $299 price for the Wii U w/ Nintendo Land. Many clubs just aren't clearancing the product now). Pretty good deal, IMO.

---

"The Wii U Deluxe Set is now available as an Authentic Nintendo Refurbished set only from Nintendo, and it comes with our standard one year warranty. Although it may have minor cosmetic blemishes, it is guaranteed to be fully functional. We think you will find the standards for Authentic Nintendo Refurbished Products are VERY high.

This refurbished Wii U Deluxe Set includes everything you need to start playing right out of the box.

Included in the set:

• Wii U console (Black/32GB Internal Storage*)
  • Wii U GamePad (Black)
  • Nintendo Land game disc
  • Wii U AC Adapter
  • Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
  • High Speed HDMI Cable
  • Sensor Bar
Eligible for Deluxe Digital Promotion.

Wii Remote+ Controllers not included

Video features games not included with this bundle

Not eligible for Club Nintendo hardware registration Coins"

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered mine today should be here by end of week. I was holding out for a Sams Club Zelda Bundle deal but the thread has been dead. I'll let everyone know what condition mine came in & if the coins are still valid. Plus after buying DKC:TF & LoZ:WW last week at Best Buy with GCU for cheap felt the need to get in on this deal. Gonna be hard to beat $220 with tax & shipping for a Wii U new or used.

Tempted but I'll wait for a refurb bundled with Mario Kart for $200. My PS4 is satisfying my gaming needs for the time being.

Bought one a month ago and the system is brand new and works fine. A damn good deal for the price. Very tempted to get another one for my apartment down here and have one back up at home. 

so, are there some cases where the coins aren't vaild? Or has so far everyone that has bought the system been able to reedem them for Club Nintendo coins? 

Thanks!

so, are there some cases where the coins aren't vaild? Or has so far everyone that has bought the system been able to reedem them for Club Nintendo coins?

Thanks!
The systems register coins through a serial number system instead of having a separate slip and a serial number for warranty. Nintendo doesn't generate new numbers for refurbished systems, so if they are claimed, then you can't get them from that system.

The systems register coins through a serial number system instead of having a separate slip and a serial number for warranty. Nintendo doesn't generate new numbers for refurbished systems, so if they are claimed, then you can't get them from that system.
ahh, i see. I figured as much, thanks for the reply!

Nintendo is drowning on Wii U a bit. I'll wait for new under $200 at least. I bought Wind Waker HD since the original is a favorite and I know I'll have to play it someday.

Ahhh...

I don't know. $200 new or $150 used is the price i'd like to settle on.

What are we thinking, guys?

Ahhh...

I'm in this line. $200 new, $150 refurb. I've got my unopened copy of WWHD just sitting on a shelf. And I know I'll be dying to play Bayonetta and X. And I'm still wanting to try the new Donkey Kong and Pikmin.

And then there's the VC....

Just have to stay strong.

The MK bundle would be a must-buy if they priced it at $249.99. It's not that I can't afford $329.99, it's just that I don't think the system is worth that much. Might pick up a refurbed system though and buy MK to get in on that free DD game.

Ahhh...

I'm in this line. $200 new, $150 refurb. I've got my unopened copy of WWHD just sitting on a shelf. And I know I'll be dying to play Bayonetta and X. And I'm still wanting to try the new Donkey Kong and Pikmin.

And then there's the VC....

Just have to stay strong.
Thing is, every impression I've read claims these are indistinguishable from brand new units. They even come with unredeemed Club Nintendo coins. Of course we'll never know but I wouldn't be surprised if these were simply repackaged overstock or something.

To wait until e3 or buy now, that is the question.... :whee:
Just wait for the Smash bros bundle. Who knows what the hell Nintendo's doing these days. That meeting with the Skylanders toys line and possible new hardware just makes me wary of ever picking up a Wii U if they're already thinking of abandoning it or at least revamping the current model.

Bayonetta, MK8 and the new Fatal Frame are what I'm interested in. Smash Bros. never really did it for me. I feel like those are games I can wait on, considering only one has an actual release date.

In any sense, I saw this thread right after looking over ebay listings. Seems like the price for used is trending at 230 for a black complete unit. 

Nintendo is drowning on Wii U a bit. I'll wait for new under $200 at least. I bought Wind Waker HD since the original is a favorite and I know I'll have to play it someday.
Hmm...news now is that they are making a profit now on the Wii U. Nintendo just announced this yesterday. Actually, they are at the point where they have to start manufacturing systems based on the forecast they have set. Nintendo will do just fine. The Mario Kart bundle alone will lure people in once they see Mario Kart 8 in action. I have preordered mine, due to some store credit I had. But I planned on it anyways. Plus Nintendo stated they have alot of games ready for E3. So the Wii U may not hit Wii status, but it will hold its own. Plus in the same breath, Iwata stated they are staying with the Wii U until the earliest 2017. So I guess you might want to jump in instead of waiting for that price drop, which aint happening until a couple years down the road.

Hmm...news now is that they are making a profit now on the Wii U. Nintendo just announced this yesterday. Actually, they are at the point where they have to start manufacturing systems based on the forecast they have set. Nintendo will do just fine. The Mario Kart bundle alone will lure people in once they see Mario Kart 8 in action. I have preordered mine, due to some store credit I had. But I planned on it anyways. Plus Nintendo stated they have alot of games ready for E3. So the Wii U may not hit Wii status, but it will hold its own. Plus in the same breath, Iwata stated they are staying with the Wii U until the earliest 2017. So I guess you might want to jump in instead of waiting for that price drop, which aint happening until a couple years down the road.
yea iwata also said two months also nintendo won't cut no hardware cost anymore then it already is for awhile but if need be they will cut software cost which they sort of did with the 5 3ds games that got price drops recently

Just wait for the Smash bros bundle. Who knows what the hell Nintendo's doing these days. That meeting with the Skylanders toys line and possible new hardware just makes me wary of ever picking up a Wii U if they're already thinking of abandoning it or at least revamping the current model.
How did you read the news that they're coming out with toy based games, which was revealed at the fiscal year meeting but didn't read how Iwata said its "difficult to declare" when their next consoles come out and that they have to satisfy their current customers or "there will be no new hardware". Nintendo basically told you nothing will happen until 2016-2018. Heck, they even said they expect to return to massive profits in 2016-2017, hinting strongly at a new handheld or new console in that time frame. You have literally no reason to worry about them replacing the Wii U aside from maybe a re-model which won't be a new gen console anyway. They are literally telling you and the press that they will not abandon Wii U. Heck, Iwata also denied a Wii U revamp saying those rumors are "groundless" too. I wish the gaming media reported on that stuff as much as they do with the rumors or else you'd probably have heard this by now and have a more well formed opinion on the subject.

Also I'm calling it guys, NFC Toy based Pokken Fighters and NFC Toy based Animal Crossing U. Makes too much sense and will print money. Buy Animal Crossing villager toys to get items, furniture, clothes and to get animals to perma-stay in your village. And the Pokemon one kinda explains itself, new fighters based on the toys you have.

How did you read the news that they're coming out with toy based games, which was revealed at the fiscal year meeting but didn't read how Iwata said its "difficult to declare" when their next consoles come out and that they have to satisfy their current customers or "there will be no new hardware". Nintendo basically told you nothing will happen until 2016-2018. Heck, they even said they expect to return to massive profits in 2016-2017, hinting strongly at a new handheld or new console in that time frame. You have literally no reason to worry about them replacing the Wii U aside from maybe a re-model which won't be a new gen console anyway. They are literally telling you and the press that they will not abandon Wii U. Heck, Iwata also denied a Wii U revamp saying those rumors are "groundless" too. I wish the gaming media reported on that stuff as much as they do with the rumors or else you'd probably have heard this by now and have a more well formed opinion on the subject.
I literally don't want to read this.

Ahhh...

Agreed^

I really don't mind the "refurb" aspect, but the Nintendo land bundle I could care less for. I would rather a refurb basic bundle at 150 personally, with no game. Everyone says they mostly come new, as "N" is pretty good in that area. Refurb to them means it. I have also seen that the CN coins seem to be present with at least 90% of the posters around here, so that's good to know.

Sadly, I just don't need a WiiU right now, and "N" has done NOTHING to make me think any differently right now. In the past, the new "N" handheld or console was always a must buy. But with the WiiU, I'm just not feeling it. They just seem to think they can release any thing, and the reputation of the Wii would carry it through. Hell, "N" doesn't even use that tablet controller in any meaningful ways, and they wonder why 3rd parties want no part of their dying system.

MK on the DS was the high point of single player to me, and the last 2 games have left me flat. I no longer want to play that series until some dramatic changes or made. I hear that any unbalanced weapons can be removed, but until I see how that works, I'll be passing this by. Sonic Transformed has become my go to cart game currently. Smash Bros has never moved me at all. I personally have never understood it's popularity, but different strokes for different folks I guess. Bayonetta 2 is the only game coming soon that I'm interested in, but a release date hasn't been announced, so we might not even see that this year.

Anything decent they announce at E3 will be years away, so I'm more than happy to keep waiting. 200 or less for a good bundle package is my sweet spot, or 150 or less on a refurb set. It's really sad that I have to debate buying a "N" console almost 2 years after it's release, but I guess that just goes to show, nothing good last forever.

Iwata and nintendo have been so spot on with their forecasting that I believe everything they say now...

Bleh the $18 tax kills it for me, comes out to $223.xx, making the $225-250 ebay deals a better value.
Yeah, plus no Club NIntendo points and no return policy when buying from Nintendo Refurb. $200 sounds really tempting at first but when I do the math it just doesn't work out.

Better off getting a new $250 bundle with a more valuable game (like New Mario/Luigi U) and pick up used Nintendo Land for $20 or less.

I don't think a revision or new console is coming soon. That would piss their base off and create too much uncertainty moving forward. Most I think we'll see is another promotion or bundle of some sort. I'd really like to see them phase in the higher capacity batteries for the gamepad. So that's kind of what I'm fearful of happening after I pull the trigger. God, why am I so cheap?!

[quote name="bonesawisready" post="11745382" timestamp="1399617875"]Also I'm calling it guys, NFC Toy based Pokken Fighters and NFC Toy based Animal Crossing U. Makes too much sense and will print money. Buy Animal Crossing villager toys to get items, furniture, clothes and to get animals to perma-stay in your village. And the Pokemon one kinda explains itself, new fighters based on the toys you have.[/quote]
Wasn't there already a game of that in the form of Pokémon Rumble U?

almost bought this like 3 times this morning already. prob going to wait it out though. i figure the new mario/luigi bundle will beat this if I can grab it at $250, just for the games alone...

for $200 from nintendo I think I'm going to jump on this.  With Mario Kart 8 coming out in a few weeks and getting a free game with Mario Kart this is a pretty good deal.

They are worth whatever that amount will buy you on the club nintendo store.
and usually the cost of their monthly choices of VC games is 150-200 coins. I would personally go for the WiiU @ 200$, to me its far more worth it for the console than a ~10$ VC game or physical item.

Got my WiiU for 250$ and don't regret it one bit. MH3 is all I need!

and usually the cost of their monthly choices of VC games is 150-200 coins. I would personally go for the WiiU @ 200$, to me its far more worth it for the console than a ~10$ VC game or physical item.

Got my WiiU for 250$ and don't regret it one bit. MH3 is all I need!
okay, so 160 pts is "worth" ~$10 credit?

just trying to figure out the best value for me

okay, so 160 pts is "worth" ~$10 credit?

just trying to figure out the best value for me
I wouldn't even say $10, more like $5 if even. It's not a credit that you can really put a monetary value on though. Nintendo has a club nintendo "store" and there can be anything from video game downloads to posters to tshirts you can redeem for.

thanks.. will bite if available when mk8 releases

I wouldn't even say $10, more like $5 if even. It's not a credit that you can really put a monetary value on though. Nintendo has a club nintendo "store" and there can be anything from video game downloads to posters to tshirts you can redeem for.

Bleh the $18 tax kills it for me, comes out to $223.xx, making the $225-250 ebay deals a better value.
So does everyone get charged tax? And you must've had $5 shipping to get to the $223 price you mentioned? That can't be right, can it? Only $5 to ship a console?

It's not free shipping?

I ask because I might be interested in this deal if it's $200. If it's $200 before taxes and shipping, then I'm a lot less interested!

So does everyone get charged tax? And you must've seen $5 shipping to get to the $223 price you mentioned? That can't be right, can it? It's not free shipping?

I might be interested in this deal if it's $200. If it's $200 before taxes and shipping, then I'm a lot less interested!

So does everyone get charged tax? And you must've had $5 shipping to get to the $223 price you mentioned? That can't be right, can it? Only $5 to ship a console?

It's not free shipping?

I ask because I might be interested in this deal if it's $200. If it's $200 before taxes and shipping, then I'm a lot less interested!
Yes, standard shipping is $5. Total sales tax obviously depends on where you live.

I got one of the $200 refurb Wii U's through Nintendo's store and it looked brand new. It also registered for points, although I guess that is a risk you take.

And mine arrived broken.  Gamepad keeps on disconnecting within 12ft.  They won't exchange it so my only option is to send it in for repair.  

And mine arrived broken. Gamepad keeps on disconnecting within 12ft. They won't exchange it so my only option is to send it in for repair.
Wat? It came broken and you can't simply return it for another? That sucks.. I hope they're not charging to fix it.

If anyone is still considering this, the better deal imo is to get the $250 Deluxe Mario + Luigi bundle from ebay (buy.com deal) and sell the game.  I just moved it for $50 so I ended up with a brand new system for about $205 after all fees.  Yeah there's an extra step there but it ends up being cheaper, plus you get a brand new system, not a previously broken and fixed up one.

If anyone is still considering this, the better deal imo is to get the $250 Deluxe Mario + Luigi bundle from ebay (buy.com deal) and sell the game. I just moved it for $50 so I ended up with a brand new system for about $205 after all fees. Yeah there's an extra step there but it ends up being cheaper, plus you get a brand new system, not a previously broken and fixed up one.
Actually, that's not a bad idea^

Sadly, if and when I ever get a WiiU, it will be for my son and the Mario game will be something he wants, so this isn't a plan for me currently, but if I was getting this just for me, It would be a great plan as I have no interest in another rehashed 2D Mario game. I would be more than happy to sell it off.

If this bundle ever reaches the 199.99 mark, I'm "All In"! LOL

So how long did this take to arrive for people?
I ordered four days ago and they still haven't even shipped mine yet. Order status is still "submitted". Hope you enjoy talking to customer support over the phone too, because online support is a foreign concept to Nintendo.

I ordered four days ago and they still haven't even shipped mine yet. Order status is still "submitted". Hope you enjoy talking to customer support over the phone too, because online support is a foreign concept to Nintendo.
I haven't dealt with "N" CS in regards to system issues, but I did contact them through email last year about a damaged club item I received, and they responded in a very quick and professional manner. They sent me a replacement item no questions asked, and didn't even bother to have me return the damaged item.

This may be in bad form but I just bought the Zelda bundle with two Wii remote +'s, two nunchuck attachments with SM3DW, DK:TF, Lego Marvel and Just Dance 4 for $200 off Craigslist. Club Nintendo points were unused as well.

bread's done
Back