Remember, Remember the OTT of November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absentee ballots are the best. Being able to research things while looking at the ballot is nice.

Unfortunately, most of the candidates suck. I don't want to vote for a democrat or republican. The only libertarian running was voting for some semi-unimportant office, but that's the only vote I really felt confident about.

[quote name='flowery']fuck CBS for not having a new NCIS.
[/QUOTE]
Sometimes IDK if people are serious in here or not.

B&N 1/2 off Criterion sale and $5 coupon time again!

[quote name='munch']Speaking of the 5th of November, I'm celebrating Guy Fawkes this weekend. My son is going to make an effigy of him, then we're going to burn him on Saturday night. It should be fun.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping you were still going to be over there during it. The history of it really fascinates me.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Sometimes IDK if people are serious in here or not.[/QUOTE]

C'mon it's a good show, especially when you don't have cable and there isn't much else to watch. I was also a big fan of J.A.G. if that helps.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm a little over half way through the new Robin Hood. Does this get any better or does it stay perpetually boring?[/QUOTE]

Everything that I've ever heard about this movie suggests that it ends right when the movie starts getting good.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm a little over half way through the new Robin Hood. Does this get any better or does it stay perpetually boring?[/QUOTE]

Booooooooooooring

I just watched this yesterday...seriously disappointed and it doesn't really get better.

It sucks that the one day we went to Universal it ended up raining. My cousins are talking about wanting to go to Busch Gardens, so hopefully by Friday the weather clears up.

Is there anything to do in the Tampa area that I might be missing out on? I know a couple of you guys are from the middle of the state and I figure you might have some ideas.

[quote name='TheRock88']Well looks like Prop 19 bombed. No legalized mary jane in CA.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Guess I'll start unpacking the car.

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='TheRock88']Well looks like Prop 19 bombed. No legalized mary jane in CA.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for your loss.

[quote name='Maklershed']Damn. Guess I'll start unpacking the car.[/QUOTE]

Wait, does that mean you aren't picking me up, and I can sleep in late? w00t!

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Just paid $500 for a hotel what the fuck man[/QUOTE]

Those things are expensive to buy on Park Place and Boardwalk.

[quote name='DT778']Seriously Canada, what the fuck is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BFaykcxGg
[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't something similar happen in the NFL if the ball hit the receiving team and it was recovered by the kicking team? I didn't have the audio on, so maybe it's something that was said.

Morning, OTT. Today will be a productive day (of cleaning and homework)! I need to take a break from Fallout before I march towards the end of the game. That and my housework/class work has been put aside and needs attention. Well and the mrs would prefer I be productive.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It sucks that the one day we went to Universal it ended up raining. My cousins are talking about wanting to go to Busch Gardens, so hopefully by Friday the weather clears up.

Is there anything to do in the Tampa area that I might be missing out on? I know a couple of you guys are from the middle of the state and I figure you might have some ideas.[/QUOTE]

hehe, hehe. Casey said, 'busch.'

cast.jpg

I was on the fence about going to the MS Store opening up here, but once I got a mailer annoucing the Kelly Clarkson concert to celebrate the GO my decision was made.

:cool:

Off to the post office. Thankfully they have an automated machine in the library so I can buy stamps and postage w/o standing in line with all the unwashed masses.

The need to go the post office these days is almost non-exsistant. I usually buy stamps at the grocerry store and postage for packages through paypal.

Hooray...I just had to do my enrollment for benefits for 2011, my cost per paycheck is going up $44.00, my in-network coverage is dropping to 90%, my deductible is increasing to $700, out-of-pocket maximum is increasing to $3000, prescription drugs deductible is increasing to $150 and that out-of-pocket max is up to $1000

Thanks, Obamacare!

[quote name='Number83']Hooray...I just had to do my enrollment for benefits for 2011, my cost per paycheck is going up $44.00, my in-network coverage is dropping to 90%, my deductible is increasing to $700, out-of-pocket maximum is increasing to $3000, prescription drugs deductible is increasing to $150 and that out-of-pocket max is up to $1000

Thanks, Obamacare![/QUOTE]

Keep the politics out of here, Cap'n Tea Party. :cool:

[quote name='Number83']Hooray...I just had to do my enrollment for benefits for 2011, my cost per paycheck is going up $44.00, my in-network coverage is dropping to 90%, my deductible is increasing to $700, out-of-pocket maximum is increasing to $3000, prescription drugs deductible is increasing to $150 and that out-of-pocket max is up to $1000

Thanks, Obamacare![/QUOTE]
Could be worse, my middle brother's coverage was dropped altogether. He's just started cutting Kaiser a check for $185 each month to self insure (no kids, non-smoker). He voted for Obama too, goodtimes.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Could be worse, my middle brother's coverage was dropped altogether. He's just started cutting Kaiser a check for $185 each month to self insure (no kids, non-smoker). He voted for Obama too, goodtimes.

When I went part-time I had to pay my own health care. $143/month for basically disaster coverage. $2000 deductible. Basically, unless I go to the hospital, I have to pay for everything.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wouldn't something similar happen in the NFL if the ball hit the receiving team and it was recovered by the kicking team? I didn't have the audio on, so maybe it's something that was said.

Morning, OTT. Today will be a productive day (of cleaning and homework)! I need to take a break from Fallout before I march towards the end of the game. That and my housework/class work has been put aside and needs attention. Well and the mrs would prefer I be productive.[/QUOTE]Nothing similar to this will ever happen in the NFL. But it sounds like your talking about a muffed punt. Here is the explanation for what happened from deadspin.com

Okay, obviously this is the CFL. And there are two rules unique to Canadian football that allow this bizarre game of kickball to occur.

1) If you kick the ball out of the back of the end zone, you receive one point. It's called a single, or rouge.
2) You are allowed to advance the ball by drop-kicking it.

When Montreal lines up for what looks to be a field goal with time running out in a tie game, they're not even necessarily trying to split the uprights. If they can get it out of the end zone (rule 1), they get a point and win the game. That's why Toronto sends a couple of defenders back.

Since the end zone is 20 yards, and the goalposts are on the goal line, this 36-yard field goal is actually 56 yards to score a single (rule 1). The kicker doesn't have the aim for the 3 points, or the distance for the 1. The Toronto defender keeps it in play, but must get it out of the end zone, because if he's tackled there, it's still a rouge. But he sees he doesn't have the room to run.

He kicks the ball out of his own end zone (rule 2) to avoid being tackled and losing the game. But as luck would have it, it goes directly to the Montreal placekicker. Clearly he cannot run the ball in for a touchdown. But the opportunity to score the single is still in play. He kicks it back to toward the end zone (rule 2), trying to send it out the back (rule 1).

He again fails. But the Toronto player cannot control the ball and whiffs on his attempt to clear it out of the end zone (rule 2). There is a scramble, a Montreal player falls on it, and it's a touchdown. Montreal wins.

Got all that? Don't worry. All you need to know is that Canadian Football is Calvinball all grown up.

[quote name='DrMunkee']That sounds like a bunch of pissed off insurance companies.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why they are pissed off. All the bitching and moaning and Republican dick sucking they did got them a huge windfall. Dems should have quit being little bitches and did health care the right way and stuck it to them .

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't know why they are pissed off. All the bitching and moaning and Republican dick sucking they did got them a huge windfall. Dems should have quit being little bitches and did health care the right way and stuck it to them .[/QUOTE]

Vulgar...

I like it!

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wouldn't something similar happen in the NFL if the ball hit the receiving team and it was recovered by the kicking team? I didn't have the audio on, so maybe it's something that was said.

Morning, OTT. Today will be a productive day (of cleaning and homework)! I need to take a break from Fallout before I march towards the end of the game. That and my housework/class work has been put aside and needs attention. Well and the mrs would prefer I be productive.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't happen in the NFL. In the CFL there is a rule where if the kicker kicks the ball out of the end zone it's worth 1 point. It's called a rouge, or something. That's what those guys were trying to prevent. They needed to get the ball out of the end zone and are allowed to punt it out. That's why you had the crazy kicks going back and forth.

[quote name='Number83']I don't see that.[/QUOTE]

Cause you're old and blind.

Try looking at the choose storage device menu reaaaaally close. :lol:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't know why they are pissed off. All the bitching and moaning and Republican dick sucking they did got them a huge windfall. Dems should have quit being little bitches and did health care the right way and stuck it to them .[/QUOTE]

They're pissed because they won't be able to arbitrarily drop coverage on the people who actually *need* it. Like my grandmother, who had breast cancer and the insurance company decided they didn't want to cover her any more because she was costing them money.

*We* can really stick it to them by utilizing the healthcare they're counting on us not using. Such as free preventative care, yearly physicals, eye exams, semiannual dental exams, routine blood work, etc

[quote name='DrMunkee']Vulgar...

I like it![/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Chika']They're pissed because they won't be able to arbitrarily drop coverage on the people who actually *need* it. Like my grandmother, who had breast cancer and the insurance company decided they didn't want to cover her any more because she was costing them money.
[/QUOTE]
Ins. company's don't even really care about that, it just changes their actuarial tables and they adjust rates.

I hope she contacted the state Ins. commissioner for policy enforcement, or did they not allow her to renew?

[quote name='DT778']Nothing similar to this will ever happen in the NFL. But it sounds like your talking about a muffed punt. Here is the explanation for what happened from deadspin.com

Okay, obviously this is the CFL. And there are two rules unique to Canadian football that allow this bizarre game of kickball to occur.

1) If you kick the ball out of the back of the end zone, you receive one point. It's called a single, or rouge.
2) You are allowed to advance the ball by drop-kicking it.

When Montreal lines up for what looks to be a field goal with time running out in a tie game, they're not even necessarily trying to split the uprights. If they can get it out of the end zone (rule 1), they get a point and win the game. That's why Toronto sends a couple of defenders back.

Since the end zone is 20 yards, and the goalposts are on the goal line, this 36-yard field goal is actually 56 yards to score a single (rule 1). The kicker doesn't have the aim for the 3 points, or the distance for the 1. The Toronto defender keeps it in play, but must get it out of the end zone, because if he's tackled there, it's still a rouge. But he sees he doesn't have the room to run.

He kicks the ball out of his own end zone (rule 2) to avoid being tackled and losing the game. But as luck would have it, it goes directly to the Montreal placekicker. Clearly he cannot run the ball in for a touchdown. But the opportunity to score the single is still in play. He kicks it back to toward the end zone (rule 2), trying to send it out the back (rule 1).

He again fails. But the Toronto player cannot control the ball and whiffs on his attempt to clear it out of the end zone (rule 2). There is a scramble, a Montreal player falls on it, and it's a touchdown. Montreal wins.

Got all that? Don't worry. All you need to know is that Canadian Football is Calvinball all grown up.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='munch']That wouldn't happen in the NFL. In the CFL there is a rule where if the kicker kicks the ball out of the end zone it's worth 1 point. It's called a rouge, or something. That's what those guys were trying to prevent. They needed to get the ball out of the end zone and are allowed to punt it out. That's why you had the crazy kicks going back and forth.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed something. I just quickly watched it and assumed the ball grazed off of a defender.

Just watched Wristcutters: A Love Story and it was fantastic.

Tom Waits should do more roles like that and the one in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Now I want to listen to Gogol Bordello.

[quote name='flowery']Just watched Wristcutters: A Love Story and it was fantastic.

Tom Waits should do more roles like that and the one in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen that. I did rent Down by Law long ago, but I tried to watch it with these annoying chicks in the room and it ruined the movie for me. What I was able to pay attention to was great. Criterion is supposed to eventually do a :br: release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back