Remember when we used to say, the s--t will come, just give it time

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
well what the hell. They could have at least given us a little bit of a gap between the games that are coming out :D

Mario Galaxy, RE Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman 2 and Spongebob (just threw that one in there), 1 week after Mario and Sonic, Fire Emblem, Lego Star Wars and only 2 weeks after Guitar Hero III, Battalion Wars 2, Zack and Wiki and MLB Power Pros?

What the hell. Learn to space things out people.

Edit: Zack and Wiki and MLB Power Pros are more than 2 weeks old (maybe not Zack and Wiki), but you get the point.

What a great F'n system.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']You only had to waste your money for 8 months,.... sweeeet.[/quote]

Seriously, since they are only still above retail if you can't get lucky and find one in the wild. :roll:

Man, I open one thread about how I like the Wii and can't find the time or money for all the games, and look at the first couple responses. Unreal.

Not bashing anything on the 360 as it is a really good system, but I was over there and saw people saying that Haze was a potential buy. How is this a potential buy but Zack and Wiki, Fire Emblem, RE Umbrella, Ghost Squad, etc aren't? Just curious.

Last time I made a thread like this it turned into a conversation about Beer.

Speaking of Beer, Im a huge beer drinker but only domestic stuff. I had St. Pauli Girl (which isn't domestic I don't think) the other day and it was really really good.

[quote name='panasonic']i say fuck your wants and likes and lets talk about Call of Duty 4 or Orange Box :p[/quote]

Speaking of Call of Duty, the first one on the 360 was excellent. That is one of the only FPS I didn't get motion sickness playing. Haven't played Half Life 2 or any of the other variations on there.

What happened with Jericho? I remember reading previews about how it was supposed to be good but then it got horrible reviews. You played it?

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']Honestly, SMG, GH3, and M&S are going to have people talking. Umbrella Chronicles looks like the PS1 RE light gun games.[/quote]

Was there a PS1 RE light gun game? I only thought there was Dead Aim, but I haven't played it so I can't comment.

That and Ghost Squad both look good to me though.

[quote name='schuerm26']Speaking of Call of Duty, the first one on the 360 was excellent. That is one of the only FPS I didn't get motion sickness playing. Haven't played Half Life 2 or any of the other variations on there.

What happened with Jericho? I remember reading previews about how it was supposed to be good but then it got horrible reviews. You played it?[/quote]
i played the demo and jericho fucking sucks, its semi nice looking but i couldn't help feel the game looked bad. The gameplay was horrible too, i didn't feel the gun did anything, i didn't like the animations, and i felt it was pure shit. :D I also have not played half life 2 or its other parts :p

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']Honestly, SMG, GH3, and M&S are going to have people talking. Umbrella Chronicles looks like the PS1 RE light gun games.[/quote]

M&S will have people talking about how it recieves shame of the month across all websites. GH3 is been there done that with better music, plus its out on 360 and ps3 already not sure if wii version is out too.

[quote name='panasonic']M&S will have people talking about how it recieves shame of the month across all websites. GH3 is been there done that with better music, plus its out on 360 and ps3 already not sure if wii version is out too.[/quote]

Mario and Sonic looks like a great party game. It'll obviously suck if you want to play it alone. But I don't see how it'll be terrible.

If your attitude about GHIII is been there done that then the game (and most of the music genre) is obviously not for you. Wii version released with all the other.

[quote name='schuerm26']well what the hell. They could have at least given us a little bit of a gap between the games that are coming out :D

Mario Galaxy, RE Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman 2 and Spongebob (just threw that one in there), 1 week after Mario and Sonic, Fire Emblem, Lego Star Wars and only 2 weeks after Guitar Hero III, Battalion Wars 2, Zack and Wiki and MLB Power Pros?

Edit: Zack and Wiki and MLB Power Pros are more than 2 weeks old (maybe not Zack and Wiki), but you get the point.

What a great F'n system.[/quote]

yeah what the hell! so much money, plus i would add in guilty gear since there isnt any good fighting games on it yet.

Don't forget about DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (With Wifi play) only a week after Galaxy...

aw who am I kidding? No one's going to get it because of Galaxy. Besides me of course :\

[quote name='Rocko']Mario and Sonic looks like a great party game. It'll obviously suck if you want to play it alone. But I don't see how it'll be terrible.

If your attitude about any game is been there done that then any game (with a few exceptions on the Wii) is obviously not for you. Wii version released with all the other.[/quote]

[quote name='KingBroly']Don't forget about DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (With Wifi play) only a week after Galaxy...

aw who am I kidding? No one's going to get it because of Galaxy. Besides me of course :\[/quote]

I think Rayman 2 and Umbrella Chronicles come out the same day or day after Galaxy. That's going to be tough for 2 games that probably deserve to sell well.

Not a problem for me since only Mario is a day one must buy for me and Zack and Wiki and Umbrella Chronicles are the only two others I'm remotely interested in on that list.

[quote name='panasonic']i say fuck your wants and likes and lets talk about Call of Duty 4 or Orange Box :p[/quote]

I am so sick of hearing about orange box. So sick of it. :drool:

I am sure it's sweet...and maybe I'd be more interested if I had a better PC (or dual booted my macbook pro) or a 360...but really, it's a sequal, a game thats how many years old, an episodic game, and a puzzler? The only thing I'm remotely interested in is Portal. Is it REALLY that great? Like GOTY contender????

Actually nevermind. I don't care. Please stop talking about it. ;)

[quote name='mcelfour']I am so sick of hearing about orange box. So sick of it. :drool:

I am sure it's sweet...and maybe I'd be more interested if I had a better PC (or dual booted my macbook pro) or a 360...but really, it's a sequal, a game thats how many years old, an episodic game, and a puzzler? The only thing I'm remotely interested in is Portal. Is it REALLY that great? Like GOTY contender????

Actually nevermind. I don't care. Please stop talking about it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Now now, The Orange Box is one hell of a value. It's Super Mario Allstars for the Half Life Engine.

Valve, port it to the Wii!

i really don't mind. during this last year, i played a bunch of games i'd missed from the last generation. and during next summer, i'll pick up all of the games i won't have time for this holiday season.

it certainly would be better if they were more naturally spaced out. but i'm able to self space just fine.

[quote name='schuerm26']well what the hell. They could have at least given us a little bit of a gap between the games that are coming out :D

What a great F'n system.[/quote]

Only 2 great games on there, and I am not buying Zack and Wiki. IMO, the 360 line up rocks the Wii line up like crazy.

[quote name='help1']Only 2 great games on there, and I am not buying Zack and Wiki. IMO, the 360 line up rocks the Wii line up like crazy.[/quote]

Such as? Hopefully you are including Madden 08 en espanol on that list of great games.

Obviously 1 single person isn't going to like everything, but look through the release list at how many games are coming up. You can't say that there aren't a ton of good games coming out soon and have been coming out recently.

Also, very very few games are great so if those are the only games you play then they are going to be few and far between.

Why aren't you buying Zack and Wiki?

[quote name='schuerm26']
Also, very very few games are great so if those are the only games you play then they are going to be few and far between.[/quote]

There are plenty of great games across the Wii and 360 to keep me occupied. Especially since gaming isn't my top hobby. So no need to bother with B list games. And buy that I mean games I consider B list, not ratings, sales etc.

Why aren't you buying Zack and Wiki?

Can't speak for him, but I'm not buying it as I've never been able to get into point and click adventure games, nor liked games based around puzzles. I don't like to think about much more than which guy to shoot next and what to shoot him with. :D

That said, I do want to give it a rental at some point when I'm done with my 360 backlog and give it a chance since everyone has hyped the hell out of it here.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Especially since gaming isn't my top hobby.[/quote]
Yeah. Posting on messageboards is. ;)

[quote name='Zen Davis']Yeah. Posting on messageboards is. ;)[/QUOTE]

Top hobby while at work for sure. :D

Outside of work, at the moment outdoors stuff (hiking, fishing etc), movies, music and reading would be above gaming for me at the moment but my interests fluctuate all the time.

Hey don't forget about Wii Zapper w/ Link's Crossbow Training and Ghost Squad! Thankfully them together cost as much as 1 new game! :applause:

[quote name='dmaul1114']I don't like to think...[/quote]The Wii is the thinking person's console. Not everyone need apply. ;)

[quote name='lilboo']Hey don't forget about Wii Zapper w/ Link's Crossbow Training and Ghost Squad! Thankfully them together cost as much as 1 new game! :applause:[/QUOTE]

True. I will pick up the Wii zapper probably, though likely not at launch as I'll still be swamped with my 360 backlog and Mario Galaxy.

[quote name='eugaet']The Wii is the thinking person's console. Not everyone need apply. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thinking console is the one with a bunch of casual games where you just wave your arms like an idiot?

Zak and Wiki is the first game on the Wii that likely requires more thought/attention than I like to give games.

In general, the Wii will end up being a very good console for people who don't want to think much when playing games due to it's casual gamer/party gaming focus. :D

What a great F'n system.[/quote]naa.. Mario +, REUC not so much, Rayman, Spongebob, Mario/Soinc, nada. Fire Emblem is a great game. I love it but it's a highly specialized type of person who would enjoy it. Lego Star Wars we've seen/played before and it doesn't look like TOO much different (which isn't bad). GHIII will be better on other systems with downloads. Battallion Wars is more or less the same. Z-Dub ++, MLB? i can't get behind sports games since ... since Mutant League actually.

I'll be happy with Mario and ZDub but you can call me when Nights and Smash come out. Until then I still think we're running low.

[quote name='help1']Only 2 great games on there, and I am not buying Zack and Wiki. IMO, the 360 line up rocks the Wii line up like crazy.[/quote]

wtf does the 360 have? its all 3rd party ea which will go to ps3 anyways. Mass Effect only thing that stands out and that is EA now so it could go multiplatform too.

WrestleCrap'sRD;3549102 said:
Why does every thread that says something positive turn into a contest on what is the superior console? Just asking...

RD

Superior console is the PS3 but we are talking about games so some would think mario galaxy is jesus on a disc

[quote name='foltzie']Now now, The Orange Box is one hell of a value. It's Super Mario Allstars for the Half Life Engine.

Valve, port it to the Wii![/QUOTE]
*laughs* That's the best description of the Orange Box ever :D

I second the request to port it to the Wii. I want to play Portal with a Wii Remote!

Anyway, back on topic: the Wii lineup this fall/winter does look pretty good, but my DS is getting most of the love so far (Rune Factory, Front Mission, the third Phoenix Wright, etc. Oh, and I really want Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker). Zack & Wiki has already been bought; most everything else I can wait on until next year.

I can't say that the promises of more games has finally been fulfilled because it's just the holiday season, which is full of delayed games, sequels to last year's crop of games, and multi-platform games.

Why doesn't Valve port Orange Box to the Wii? It is (mostly) last-gen technology in there, right? The Wii should be able to handle it just fine, I would think. And with the waggle it could be some serious shit.

[quote name='The Crotch']You're getting Front Mission but not Fire Emblem?

Don't bother running. The Dark Templar are already on their way.[/QUOTE]
I have to get through Path of Radiance first; it's in my ever-growing RPG stack, which I've promised myself not to add any more to for the rest of the year after getting Front Mission. I'll probably pick up the Wii FE sometime next year.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Top hobby while at work for sure. :D

Outside of work, at the moment outdoors stuff (hiking, fishing etc), movies, music and reading would be above gaming for me at the moment but my interests fluctuate all the time.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like me throw in kayaking, and paintballing and your all set. well maybe photography.. but damn the cost of lenses.

[quote name='blueshinra']I have to get through Path of Radiance first; it's in my ever-growing RPG stack, which I've promised myself not to add any more to for the rest of the year after getting Front Mission. I'll probably pick up the Wii FE sometime next year.[/quote]I'm only playing Sacred Stones :gba: do you find yourself restarting a lot? I need to get the :gc: FE but I can tell already this :gba: FE is going to take me forever and a day.

Don't forget about Soul Calibur Legends, Geometry Wars Galaxies, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 all coming this month too. And then in December, we get NiGHTS.

I agree with the OP. There's tons of games that I can't wait to come out.

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Soul Calibur, Bully, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Samba de Amigo, Rock Band, Harvey Birdman...

Those are just some off of the top of my head. I love the Wii so far.

Having a Japanese Wii, its even worse.

This month I've bought and pre-ordered Mario Galaxy, Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles Boxset with Zapper, No More Heroes, NiGHTS, Shikigami No Shiro III, Wii Fit, Puchi Copter Wii, and We Love Golf. I've already got Mario Galaxy, and the rest are all released in the next 4 weeks.

To make things worse, Yesasia started a sale yesterday, and i got Guilty Gear, Densha de Go Shinkansen EX, Trauma Center, Dewey's Adventure, and Mario Strikers for approx $18-$25 each yesterday.

Thats 13 games in a month, and i've got loads of PS3 games to come including the Rock Band set. My credit card is taking a beating!

:drool:

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'm only playing Sacred Stones :gba: do you find yourself restarting a lot? I need to get the :gc: FE but I can tell already this :gba: FE is going to take me forever and a day.[/QUOTE]
Actually, Path of Radiance will be my first FE. My current RPG stack consists of that and:

- Tales of Symphonia
- Disgaea 2 (gonna need at least a month for this one)
- Front Mission 3 (for the Alisa scenario; completed the Emma one last month)
- Front Mission (DS)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
- Wild ARMs 5
- Rogue Galaxy

Not playing any of these until I get through Rune Factory, which I'm completely hooked on (it being a Harvest Moon and all). I've also been fighting back the urge to play Final Fantasy VIII for a third time >_>

Eidos on Wii

Either third party developers and publishers will make money on the Wii platform, or they won't — and if most of them don't I think we'll see a big drop in support for the Wii next year, which could have some consequences for Nintendo, and very positive ones for Microsoft and Sony... So I think that the success of the Wii from the different publishers is going to be the determining point this Christmas...if you can't make money at Christmas on the best platform out there, then you have no chance all year long.
I think this is fact. If great games like Zack and Wiki can't turn a profit on the Wii - then what's the point? The fact is that Carnival Games has had a better sell through rate than Zack and Wiki, MLB Power Pros, and other well reviewed games so why wouldn't publishers continue to put out mini-game compilations for the Wii?

[quote name='Zen Davis']Eidos on Wii

I think this is fact. If great games like Zack and Wiki can't turn a profit on the Wii - then what's the point? The fact is that Carnival Games has had a better sell through rate than Zack and Wiki, MLB Power Pros, and other well reviewed games so why wouldn't publishers continue to put out mini-game compilations for the Wii?[/quote]

Wouldn't then this same philosphy hold for the PS3? If so, they would seem to be in huge trouble.

Zack and Wiki isn't a real good example. I don't see how Capcom could have gone in expecting great success for Zack and Wiki.

I think ones like RE Umbrella Chronicles, Ghost Squad, Mario Sonic, Rayman 2, Soul Calibur Legends, MX vs. ATV etc..

The more mainstream games. This of course also depends on reviews.

bread's done
Back