Repost? Logitech Driving Force Pro $49 + tax & shipping @ BB...

Yeah, I bought 3 (got alot of friends that luv the GT series...). It's $100-$150 everywhere else. My order is shipping on the 1st week of Sept., however...

I only bought one, but I figured I should jump on it because it seems like it could be a mistake since it is $100 more everywhere else

[quote name='v00d00ppl']so if its a mistake, they still have to give it to you?[/quote]

Tough to say. This product has been out a while now & for some reason BB's has it on "pre-order" status, which doesn't help our situation if they deem this to be a price mistake...

[quote name='v00d00ppl']but isn't 50 bucks way too much for preorder?[/quote]

Wha? $50 is the total. It's called a pre-order because BB going to start selling them for the first time (sometime in early Sept). If it was listed as "on-order" or "not in stock," then we know that at one point BB did stock the item. All I'm saying is that BB usually acts quick & ships an item asap (if in stock), but being that this is a pre-order they may catch on, & our purchases may be void...

ive seen these for 149.99 at my local best buy....how come i have the strongest feeling that best buy is going to cancel these orders like they've done to us cagers over and over again.

Could this be the first Logitech Driving Force but was mis labeled and has the wrong picture. $50 sounds about right for the first Logitech Driving Force.

I think maybe the 49.99 one does not come with the pedal. I bought a similar one for my GC recently for $17 bucks and there are no pedals. They are 'extras' and will cost more for it. What a bummer.

[quote name='geowong78']I think maybe the 49.99 one does not come with the pedal. I bought a similar one for my GC recently for $17 bucks and there are no pedals. They are 'extras' and will cost more for it. What a bummer.[/quote]

Product Features

* Turn the rubber grip wheel two and half times for games that support 900 degree steering

* Switch to 200 degree steering mode automatically to play other racing games

* Feel the action with the state-of-the-art force feedback technology

* Step on the responsive brake and gas pedals on a textured floorboard with no-slip carpet grip

*Take control with the sequential stick shifter, PlayStation 2 buttons and wheel-mounted paddle shifters

Thats what the product feature said on the website.

i'm taking this to that silly, and easy to flirt with girl at CC in schaumburg and i'm going to see if she matches it. I almost gurantee you that she does. So once again i'll do the dirty work and i'll post up the receipt and you guys can use it to match at CC all across the world!

the meynerd man

The link on the first page now points to the new Logitech NASCAR wheel for $49.99. The model number matches the previous one listed. Funny thing on my order status page it still lists I ordered the Force Pro wheel for $49.99 but the model number listed matches the NASCAR wheel.

I suggest that anyone who ordered this check their order status regularly to make sure the item description doesn't change on them. However it seems highly probable that you would recieve the NASCAR wheel and not the Force Pro.

It's a gamble. Worse case, I will be out $5 for shipping.

What is your shipping refund policy?

BestBuy.com will credit all reasonable and customary freight charges for products that arrive damaged or defective. (Please note that we inspect all returns to verify the product delivered was damaged or defective.)

We also credit all reasonable and customary freight charges if you receive the wrong item. For all other returns, see our Return Policy.

We also credit all reasonable and customary freight charges if you receive the wrong item.

How much of a fight is this going to be to get shipping refunded if they send the NASCAR wheel? I don't want to be out the money on shipping if we get hosed on this deal. The 9/10 "release date" on this is coming up fast.

I sent them an e-mail yesterday to see what they were actually going to send me. This is the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting Best Buy about the Driving Force Pro Wheel. I'm Jon with Customer Care.

We'd be happy to explain what racing wheel is shipping to you.

With the racing wheel, I do see that the Logitech NASCAR Racing Wheel will be the wheel that is shipping. However I see that the Logitech Nascar Racing Wheel and the Logitech driving force pro Wheels are the same."

I cancelled my order. I think it's the fourth time this year that I've ordered something from Best Buy and either cancelled the order myself or they were unable to fulfill my order. Strangely enough, I've also only ordered from them 4 times.

Never again.

I realize that it may be possible to return the wheel to the store and argue about it. It's just not worth it.

I'm just curious what people are going to do if they get the wrong wheel. I ordered one a while ago and now i think im just going to cancel it

I just got an email from best buy saying that the release date has been pushed back to 10/17/2004

[quote name='hutno']I just got an email from best buy saying that the release date has been pushed back to 10/17/2004[/quote]

So did I. Funny, the "Logitech Driving Force Pro" is still listed as the item being shipped. In regards to whether BB will honor a refund toward the shipping fees, well, I now have the e-mail to prove that they screwed up so there's a good chance they will.

yeah I got the same emailand if it isnt the right thing (which it probably wont be) ill just get them to send me a prepaid postage sticker

Any verdict on this yet? Tracking said it arrived here today, so it won't get delivered until Monday. Worst case, I'll just have to return it, if it is the NASCAR wheel. =p

If anyone is interested I have a Logitech force feedback wheel for the PS2 I am trying to sell or trade for(xbox games). If interested PM me. Thanks

[quote name='pillow']Any verdict on this yet? Tracking said it arrived here today, so it won't get delivered until Monday. Worst case, I'll just have to return it, if it is the NASCAR wheel. =p[/quote]

Yeah, it's the NASCAR wheel. I'm waiting to see what others do first and see what kind of compensation Best Buy is willing to give before I return it or see if others get lucky and were able to exchange it for the right wheel.

[quote name='help1']whats the dif between the logitech and nascar?[/quote]

About $100

The prowheel has feed back and can rotate 900 degrees (but only in granturismo 4 because the game has to support the feature

overall just better

> Brendan,
>
> Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your recent
> online order. I'm Chelsea with Customer Care.
>
> We appreciate your concern about your shipping
> confirmation.
>
> Our records show that you ordered the Logitech
> Driving Force Pro NASCAR Racing Wheel model #
> 9633230403.

I'm getting really mad

Damn it I even printed out the webpage just to prevent this from happening, but I can't freaking find the page anymore. Oh well guess I'll be hitting BB when the wheel comes.

OK, my 30 days are about up to return this puppy. Was anyone able to haggle well enough to get the original wheel? Either way, did you deal with Bestbuy.com or a Best Buy store for your return? Any other stories on returning them would be great.

bread's done
Back