Resident Evil 4 HD Coming to PSN.

Brainberry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Capcom said today it will release Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X as downloadable titles on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network this Fall.

Both titles are receiving high-definition "upgraded visuals." Resident Evil 4 will have all the bonus contain from the previous RE4 releases, including the Separate Ways epilogue, and Trophy and Achievement support. Capcom did not say if Resident Evil Code: Veronica X will also include Trophy and Achievement support. The price for both titles was not revealed at this time.

This packaged was announced earlier this week in Japan as Resident Evil: Revival Selection.
re4hd_com_1300981302.jpg

Resident Evil 4 HD Comparison Shots

Source
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1157430p1.html

This makes me happy.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Good for people who haven't played the game and have a PS3. Meh for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I haven't played it yet and almost bought it for my little brother so I could play it on his wii. I understand how you feel. I meh on 99% of these ps1 square re-releases myself.

This being a late ps2/wii lauch release and made HD I think I can get behind it.

Incredibly excited about this, but frustrated to hear it's a digital release. Now I've got to mull over buying them when they're released or waiting for an inevitable retail package that I'd rather own to follow.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Good for people who haven't played the game and have a PS3. Meh for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

This. With all the re-releases of the game, I think I've probably played through it 6-7 times. I'm not sure if updated graphics will warrant another play through from me.

When i heard they were making a RE HD remake, i was pretty excited. Sad to say i was disappointed to hear thats it code veronica and re4. I really thought it woukd be a remake of the first two. Now that's a must buy.

[quote name='bastiartadi']When i heard they were making a RE HD remake, i was pretty excited. Sad to say i was disappointed to hear thats it code veronica and re4. I really thought it woukd be a remake of the first two. Now that's a must buy.[/QUOTE]

You must have a PSP, because playing ps1 games on the ps3 is terrible imo.

Resident Evil 4 in HD with all the bonus content.

Day fucking ONE purchase for me. I never played the PS2 extra's (had the GCN version) so I am pretty fucking excited. I fucking love RE4 to death, and I am also defiantly gonna buy Code Veronica because I need revenge on that fucker (I made to the end but didn't have enough supplies to beat the game when I still owned my dreamcast).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Resident Evil 4 in HD with all the bonus content.

Day fucking ONE purchase for me. I never played the PS2 extra's (had the GCN version) so I am pretty fucking excited. I fucking love RE4 to death, and I am also defiantly gonna buy Code Veronica because I need revenge on that fucker (I made to the end but didn't have enough supplies to beat the game when I still owned my dreamcast).[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement 100%.

I don't care that it's psn....it's a day one purchase for me. Any news on trophy support? I figure it would have to have them.

Still, I was hoping for a sooner release date. This summer will be slow for me during July and August so I'd love to have something to play.

I only played the GCN version, and I imagine the game still holds up very well -- or at least 100x better than RE5. It really is one of the best games ever made IMO.

I'll grab this.

fuck-ing awesome! I love RE4!!!

And this means I can sell my Wii with no regrets. The only 2 games I've really loved and played all the way thru were RE4 and Twilight Princess. The only one I've replayed was RE4. Time to pack the Wii up and sell it!

I agree with others. Day 1 baby!

[quote name='jacobeid']Any news on trophy support? I figure it would have to have them.[/QUOTE]

games have to have them now. its mandatory.

Had a demo for it on GCN, scared the fucking shit out of me like all the RE games do. It's nice to see it coming to PSN, I just can't play games that scare me every 10min. Hope it's in the $15 range.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Had a demo for it on GCN, scared the fucking shit out of me like all the RE games do. It's nice to see it coming to PSN, I just can't play games that scare me every 10min. Hope it's in the $15 range.[/QUOTE]

I guess we are scared by different things then, because the GIF in your sig is scaring the shit out of me

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Res Evil 4 isn't really that scary. I watched it getting played before, and it's really more action than horror.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly how I feel......about RE5

Meh is right... I loved it on the GC, thought it was excellent on the PS2, enjoyed it on the Wii, passed on the PC but how about they release the real Resident Evil 4? The one that existed before the version we eventually received 4 (and soon to be 5 times) over?

Seriously, they're putting Res Evil 4 on more systems than.... well, I can't think of anything that's been on more systems than maybe the original Doom (and I still think RE4 has already topped that one)

I wouldn't mind playing Code Veronica again. This really needs to be on a disc though.

[quote name='texasnightowl']And this means I can sell my Wii with no regrets.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unless they confirm Move support, I wouldn't ditch better-controlling Wii version, personally. I think I've gone through RE4 enough times at this point anyway; I'm more interested in Code Veronica at this point.

All I want is a DLC release of like 20 different outfits from the whole RE series. That would make this game a day 1 purchase for me. I'm simple. :joystick:

Finally, the PS2 version both looks like pure crap on my HDTV and sounds like crap with its compressed sounds.

So, does this have Move support? Because if not, that's a huge oversight. I mean they made a Wii edition, and they patched Move in for RE5 so I don't see why they can't do it here.

I've beaten this game around 5 times with all it's releases....probably maybe even more times. Still might pick it up though lol

If this has Move support for the RE4, then I won't have to buy the Wii version. That should save me some trouble since I was also planning to pick up Code Veronica X.

I really hope it is Code Veronica X and not just Code Veronica. I mean, I had Code Veronica on dreamcast, but missed out on the extras that X provided like the Wesker files/dvd.

bread's done
Back