Resident Evil 4 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='coolieman2001']I was going to get Suikoden 4 but now i think i'll grab RE4 instead. Good Job Capcom ![/quote]

egm gave suikoden 4 pretty mediocre ratings :\..still prolly gonna get it for colllectors purpose..just a heads up
on RE4.. im sooo gonna get this :D..
as soon as i can finish RE 0...

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='Starky27'][quote name='Smoke']holy crap. thats an awesome score! looks like capcom finally revived the series.[/quote]

Revived it just in time to kill it with the PS2 port...[/quote]

lets see if that even comes to frutation shall we...

Witht he sales RE4 is going to get though it will get ported..[/quote]

I don't have any doubt the game will be ported, if it's done by Shinji Mikami and his development team though is strongly in doubt though...

I'll be eagerly awaiting the PS2 release of RE:4. In the mean time I'll be whoring off my Gamecube owning buddies!

For the uneducated, namely me, could someone tell me what is different about the CE version?

You know, I had a feeling this game would turn out really well. To be honest it was never at the top of my list, but now I can't wait to play. Almost glad gamerush screwed up my POP2 pre-order and I had to switch it to RE4.

Now I have a tough decision, seeing as I haven't completed any of the previous RE cube games (beat RE2 on the ps1) should I play those first and then end with RE4 or jump right into 4.

[quote name='msdmoney']You know, I had a feeling this game would turn out really well. To be honest it was never at the top of my list, but now I can't wait to play. Almost glad gamerush screwed up my POP2 pre-order and I had to switch it to RE4.

Now I have a tough decision, seeing as I haven't completed any of the previous RE cube games (beat RE2 on the ps1) should I play those first and then end with RE4 or jump right into 4.[/quote]

Thats exactly how much expereince I have with the sereies. I have played one on my cube a few times but havent really gotten into it due to time and other big hitters taking it...

I have both REmake and RE Zero as well as RE4 planned..... I am going to play RE4 but whats the RE timeline?

[quote name='msdmoney']You know, I had a feeling this game would turn out really well. To be honest it was never at the top of my list, but now I can't wait to play. Almost glad gamerush screwed up my POP2 pre-order and I had to switch it to RE4.

Now I have a tough decision, seeing as I haven't completed any of the previous RE cube games (beat RE2 on the ps1) should I play those first and then end with RE4 or jump right into 4.[/quote]

you could just play RE4. However a few events that happened in RE2/RE3 will be mentioned in RE4. There is also a return appearance of someone from the past RE. The storyline between RE4 and the rest is pretty far apart (6 years). However I would just play RE4 first, then go back and play RE0, RE1 for gamecube, and if you could afford it RE2/RE3 for GC. If not just get the RE2/RE3 version for PS1. Oh yeah and Code Veronica as well, if you got a PS2/DC its much cheaper then the GC version. Here is some links for the RE games, don't forget its Buy 1 get 1 50% off and you can use a edge card as well.

Resident Evil 0 GC $17.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/222510.asp

Resident Evil PS $9.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/147761.asp

Resident Evil Remake GC $17.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/217448.asp

Resident Evil 2 PS $9.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/144098.asp

Resident Evil 3 PS $12.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/174699.asp

Resident Evil Code Veronica PS2 $9.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/204676.asp

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='msdmoney']You know, I had a feeling this game would turn out really well. To be honest it was never at the top of my list, but now I can't wait to play. Almost glad gamerush screwed up my POP2 pre-order and I had to switch it to RE4.

Thats exactly how much expereince I have with the sereies. I have played one on my cube a few times but havent really gotten into it due to time and other big hitters taking it...

I have both REmake and RE Zero as well as RE4 planned..... I am going to play RE4 but whats the RE timeline?[/quote]

the timeline is

Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2/Resident Evil 3 (half of RE 3 happens before RE2/ and the other half happens after)
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Resident Evil 4

do all the RE's follow the same story? and do i have to play each in order to catch on? and can someone link me to some spoiler pages :p

the REmake is amazing. That is one game I would check out if you are interested in a good RE game as it is probably the best one available right now

[quote name='slavefive']God dang it!! I wasn't gonna get this game, but now I have to. It's too tempting and it's just getting unbelievably good reviews.

Here's the question.....get the CE at GAmestop (using $$ out of pocket) or get the regular edition at Gamerush (using 100% store credit). I'm a complete slut for special/limited editions and free stuff, so i'm leaning to the CE. Any suggestions??

I'm trying to not spend so much after the Fall when I got a ton of games.[/quote]

I might get people angry at me for saying this, but what I've been doing is preordering any new games I want at EB or Gamestop and get them the day they are released. I then pick it up a few days later from Blockbuster using my credit and take it back to EB or Gamestop for a refund with my receipt. I wouldn't go bragging about it though. I just hate waiting the extra 2-3 days to play a game.

This game has been on the top of my list since the older versions were announced, changing it was probably for the best. I pre ordered the collectors edition and was going to just get the normal version from wal-mart (cuz I have a gift card there) but I cant pass up the collectors edition. I am amazed how well the reviews are for it. I was expecting a 90% from most magazines but the 9.8 at IGN really amazed me. Thank You Capcom for another great game......now if only Tuesday would hurry up and get here.....

[quote name='DenisDFat']all resident evil games suck.

0.0[/quote]

Guess what?

NO ONE GIVES A FLYING fuck!!! THIS IS LIKE THE 50th TIME YOU HAVE SAID THIS. GROW THE fuck UP

i am seriously thinking about getting this game, but i have not played any of the others (yea i know shame shame)

do i need to have background information, or can i just play this game,

and what system would be best to get it for

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']i am seriously thinking about getting this game, but i have not played any of the others (yea i know shame shame)

do i need to have background information, or can i just play this game,

and what system would be best to get it for[/quote]

it is GCN exclusive for 2005.

and the only RE you should probably need to read up on is the second

[quote name='DenisDFat']all resident evil games suck.

0.0[/quote]

GO AWAY
No one wants you here

All you post about is how much games suck......I don't think I have seen a positive post from you.

Goddamn it! Gamestop's now getting $60 more outta my wallet! But Maybe I'll wait for the PS2 version due at the end of the year. Maybe it'll have Dante, Akuma and Sailor Moon in it.

Nah screw it, this is gonna be the first time I pay full price for a Capcom game since the PSX version of Resident Evil 3.

For those of you who are thinking about buying other Resident Evil games, I will list them (only the main RE games) in order from best to worst IMO.

1) Resident Evil: Code Veronic (X)
2) Residnet Evil 2
3) Resident Evil (Remake/1)
4) Resident Evil 0
5) Resident Evil 3

[quote name='ananag112']For those of you who are thinking about buying other Resident Evil games, I will list them (only the main RE games) in order from best to worst IMO.

2) Residnet Evil 2
4) Resident Evil 0
5) Resident Evil 3[/quote]

How could you think RE3 is the worst......the list IMO, and you forgot a few of the worse ones

1. RECVX (Very Much agreed with you there)
2. REmake
3. RE2
4. RE3
5. Original RE (didnt list it with REmake because there is a big enough diff IMO from the REmake)
6. RE0

There are the others that aren't related storywise to the big scheme such as Outbreak, Gaiden, Dead Aim, Survivor, and then Gun Survivor 2. I will probably end up getting all the versions of RE4 just because I have all the other RE games....

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='ananag112']For those of you who are thinking about buying other Resident Evil games, I will list them (only the main RE games) in order from best to worst IMO.

2) Residnet Evil 2
4) Resident Evil 0

How could you think RE3 is the worst......the list IMO, and you forgot a few of the worse ones

2. REmake
3. RE2
4. RE3
5. Original RE (didnt list it with REmake because there is a big enough diff IMO from the REmake)
6. RE0

There are the others that aren't related storywise to the big scheme such as Outbreak, Gaiden, Dead Aim, Survivor, and then Gun Survivor 2. I will probably end up getting all the versions of RE4 just because I have all the other RE games....[/quote]

I too have all of the Resident Evil games, but I don't have all version of them. I though RE0 was decent, but that might be just because it was my firsr GameCube game. I did not like RE3 too much. Nemesis just annoyed me, but it was fun to kill him on the harder difficulties. I beat RE3 on the PC version, but I have the Cube version as well, but I never played it. I didn't want to include the other games because most of them were real bad (except Outbreak), and they don't add anything to the story line. I did not list Resident Evil because it is not available for the Cube, but I would list it right under Resident Evil Remake.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='whoknows'][quote name='ananag112']For those of you who are thinking about buying other Resident Evil games, I will list them (only the main RE games) in order from best to worst IMO.

2) Residnet Evil 2
4) Resident Evil 0

2. REmake
3. RE2
4. RE3
6. RE0

There are the others that aren't related storywise to the big scheme such as Outbreak, Gaiden, Dead Aim, Survivor, and then Gun Survivor 2. I will probably end up getting all the versions of RE4 just because I have all the other RE games....[/quote]

I too have all of the Resident Evil games, but I don't have all version of them. I though RE0 was decent, but that might be just because it was my firsr GameCube game. I did not like RE3 too much. Nemesis just annoyed me, but it was fun to kill him on the harder difficulties. I beat RE3 on the PC version, but I have the Cube version as well, but I never played it. I didn't want to include the other games because most of them were real bad (except Outbreak), and they don't add anything to the story line. I did not list Resident Evil because it is not available for the Cube, but I would list it right under Resident Evil Remake.[/quote]

Yeah, the ones you didn't list werent really that good, but you have to admit that in Dead Aim it was really amusing to shoot zombies across the room in the first person view. Also do you go online with outbreak?

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='ananag112'][quote name='whoknows'][quote name='ananag112']For those of you who are thinking about buying other Resident Evil games, I will list them (only the main RE games) in order from best to worst IMO.

2) Residnet Evil 2
4) Resident Evil 0

2. REmake
3. RE2
4. RE3
6. RE0

I too have all of the Resident Evil games, but I don't have all version of them. I though RE0 was decent, but that might be just because it was my firsr GameCube game. I did not like RE3 too much. Nemesis just annoyed me, but it was fun to kill him on the harder difficulties. I beat RE3 on the PC version, but I have the Cube version as well, but I never played it. I didn't want to include the other games because most of them were real bad (except Outbreak), and they don't add anything to the story line. I did not list Resident Evil because it is not available for the Cube, but I would list it right under Resident Evil Remake.[/quote]

Yeah, the ones you didn't list werent really that good, but you have to admit that in Dead Aim it was really amusing to shoot zombies across the room in the first person view. Also do you go online with outbreak?[/quote]

I will when I get cable :(. I played it online at my friend's house.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='DenisDFat']all resident evil games suck.

0.0[/quote]

Guess what?

NO ONE GIVES A FLYING shaq-fu!!! THIS IS LIKE THE 50th TIME YOU HAVE SAID THIS. GROW THE shaq-fu UP[/quote]

sweet ive been waiting for someone to just blow up on that guy.

sounds like a great game
i still want nemesis back but he blew up :(

[quote name='whoknows']This game has been on the top of my list since the older versions were announced, changing it was probably for the best. I pre ordered the collectors edition and was going to just get the normal version from wal-mart (cuz I have a gift card there) but I cant pass up the collectors edition. I am amazed how well the reviews are for it. I was expecting a 90% from most magazines but the 9.8 at IGN really amazed me. Thank You Capcom for another great game......now if only Tuesday would hurry up and get here.....[/quote]

I seriously thought IGN was going to give this game a 9.2 max and GMR would give it a 9 max. Boy was I wrong.

Terrible that they dropped the ball on the widescreen support. Those of us
with widescreen HDTVs cannot even use a zoom mode due to some of the
commands being listed in the black bar at the bottom.

What is the release date again? Speciffically for Gamerush? Yeah, i could search and find the answer, but i just like typing right now.

[quote name='Wshakspear']What is the release date again? Speciffically for Gamerush? Yeah, i could search and find the answer, but i just like typing right now.[/quote]

It comes out Tuesday the 11th

got no clue for Gamerush though since I do not have one

To be honest, i was just going to skip this, but the reviews changed my mind...and the demo i played had playable controlls, so the two combined will probably end up with my buying ANOTHER game. Damnit.

I think i'll just stop at GR next Wed (with 3 games) and see what they have :)

[quote name='ananag112']Doen't it ship the 11th, meaning it will be available on the 12th?[/quote]

it will be available the 11th it ships the 10th im pretty sure

[quote name='ananag112']Doen't it ship the 11th, meaning it will be available on the 12th?[/quote]

I think that may be true, but the commercial says the 11th so it may actually arrive on the 11th

[quote name='Wshakspear']Thanks :)

To be honest, i was just going to skip this, but the reviews changed my mind...and the demo i played had playable controlls, so the two combined will probably end up with my buying ANOTHER game. Damnit.

I think i'll just stop at GR next Wed (with 3 games) and see what they have :)[/quote]

Good decision Wshakspear :) .

[quote name='smellhasreturned'][quote name='ananag112']Doen't it ship the 11th, meaning it will be available on the 12th?[/quote]

it will be available the 11th it ships the 10th im pretty sure[/quote]

Sweet, I thought it would ship on the 11th. That means should have my game on the 11th or 12th (I got next day free delivery at GameStop.com).

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='msdmoney']You know, I had a feeling this game would turn out really well. To be honest it was never at the top of my list, but now I can't wait to play. Almost glad gamerush screwed up my POP2 pre-order and I had to switch it to RE4.

the REmake is amazing. That is one game I would check out if you are interested in a good RE game as it is probably the best one available right now[/quote]
I have the REmake (and all the other cube RE games except RE2) but have only played for a little bit.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='whoknows']This game has been on the top of my list since the older versions were announced, changing it was probably for the best. I pre ordered the collectors edition and was going to just get the normal version from wal-mart (cuz I have a gift card there) but I cant pass up the collectors edition. I am amazed how well the reviews are for it. I was expecting a 90% from most magazines but the 9.8 at IGN really amazed me. Thank You Capcom for another great game......now if only Tuesday would hurry up and get here.....[/quote]

I seriously thought IGN was going to give this game a 9.2 max and GMR would give it a 9 max. Boy was I wrong.[/quote]

Yeah seriously, and around 20 hours long, man this game is going to rock...its the sole reason I still have my GC.

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='ananag112'][quote name='whoknows']This game has been on the top of my list since the older versions were announced, changing it was probably for the best. I pre ordered the collectors edition and was going to just get the normal version from wal-mart (cuz I have a gift card there) but I cant pass up the collectors edition. I am amazed how well the reviews are for it. I was expecting a 90% from most magazines but the 9.8 at IGN really amazed me. Thank You Capcom for another great game......now if only Tuesday would hurry up and get here.....[/quote]

I seriously thought IGN was going to give this game a 9.2 max and GMR would give it a 9 max. Boy was I wrong.[/quote]

Yeah seriously, and around 20 hours long, man this game is going to rock...its the sole reason I still have my GC.[/quote]

20 hours is a seriously deep game. Plus, this game seems to have much more replayability compared to the old RE games (which I played to death) which means this game will last a really long time for me atleast. I bought a GameCube for the Resident Evil series and so far it has been worth it for the RE games alone.

You know what makes me happy? Its when I see stuff like this:

ANANAG12 wrote:
IGN had nothing nothing but kind words to say about Resident Evil 4. IGN said, if RE4 was released in 2004, it could have taken Game of the Year. IGN gave it a 9.8/10. GameSpy gave it a 5/5, and GMR gave it a 10/10. This is going to be one of the best, if not the best rated GameCube game ever. Usually we get all the good games towards the end of the year, but it seems that we will be getting AAA games all year round. This year will be very interesting as Resident Evil 4 is just one of the many AAA games to come our way this year on the Cube. We still can look forward to the new Star Fox game, the new Kirby game, Mario Baseball, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, and of course the juggernaut, the new Zelda. We will also be getting many other quality games as well. Looks like this will be the year of the Cube.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
HELMSDEEP wrote:

Ya know what, you just increased the sales of RE4 by 1. You know why? Because I wasn't planning on getting it. Not anytime soon, anyways. But after seeing those review scores, i'd be a fool not to get the game the day it comes out.

Ah, the power of internet forums (this was the Nintendo one btw).

this, Killer 7 and Star Fox are my most wanted titles this year. I think the GCN is going to have a great line-up this year and will finally get some play after taking a good year off (aside from Metal Gear)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']this, Killer 7 and Star Fox are my most wanted titles this year. I think the GCN is going to have a great line-up this year and will finally get some play after taking a good year off (aside from Metal Gear)[/quote]

I am not really looking forward to Killer 7 yet. I am mostly indifferent toward it. Star Fox Assault is what I want though. I was mostly playing towards the GameCube crowd there however. I am looking more forward toward the Xbox lineup then that of the GCN or PS2.

And that's one more game I'll be buying soon. I think I'll wait for Target to get it for $37.xx two weeks after its relase though.

If some of you have Gamerushes (and sometimes I have seen regular Blockbusters have Gamerush deals so it couldn't hurt to check), supposedly they are about to have a trade 3, get a new game for 29.99. I'm assuming that like their other trade-in deals, the 3 games go towards your purchase.

Man the game sounds just about perfect too. The only minor problem sounds like the controls or the lack there of. I wish they would've added a strafe feature and a quick weapon feature too. They could've just used the L button to lock you in strafe mode, and then use that dinky d-pad to map 4 (up, down, left, right) weapons to quickly access your favorites.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Man the game sounds just about perfect too. The only minor problem sounds like the controls or the lack there of. I wish they would've added a strafe feature and a quick weapon feature too. They could've just used the L button to lock you in strafe mode, and then use that dinky d-pad to map 4 (up, down, left, right) weapons to quickly access your favorites.[/quote]

Yeah, using the d-pad probably would have been a good idea to switch weapons, it can get annoying having to go into the menu to switch to knife to break a few boxes and then having to switch back to a gun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back