Resident Evil 4 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would like a strafe (big FPS fan), I think that not having one will contribute to the horror factor. Part of the immersion is feeling out of control on certain occasions.

I do worry about thrown objects though. There should be a quick dodge or something. One preview I read noted that it was easier to shoot incoming projectiles than to dodge them.

Still, I'm very excited about this one. It looks action-packed and incredibly cinematic. I wouldn't miss it.

why oh why did i have to trade in my cuuuuube!? should i buy another one just for this and the new zelda? and we know the ps2 version won't be as great and it's also a year away YIKES!

oooh, stop the presses Dennis hates a game. ooooh.

As for the PS2 version, sometimes I wonder if when they year is up will they even bother.

Just a heads up for anyone interested in the "Making of RE4" DVD at EBGames...

its sucks.

got it a bit early... its like 12 (gosh not even i dont think...) minutes long... no menus... same b roll repeated twice within the interviews....

just a coming soon AD for something you already will have when you pick it up.

not so cool at all....

Seems like an awesome game, I'll trade in for it at GR sometime later this month or early February.

And yeah, DenisDFat is pretty lame.

I like the fact that there are no strafe and quick weapon buttons. I like somewhat clumsy controls in Residnet Evil games, it adds to the scare factor. Also remember, the RE charcters are not supposed to be these all powerful super soldiers. They are just cops, or special trained forces that are involved in a strange situation. They are just trying to get in and get out.

[quote name='oddjob93'][quote name='Trakan']Whoa. Damn, that's high.[/quote]
RE4 is gonna kick ass, but lets remember this is IGN. 9.0 is their average score (in spite of what they say).[/quote]

You don't read very many reviews at IGN, do you? Yes some games are overated, but the average score of their reviews are roughly around 6.5, 7.0. But I know it's sooo much cooler to say: "______ overates everything!" Otherwise your're not "1337".

BTW I believe RE4 is currently the highest rated next gen title over on IGN, tied with either Halo, or Halo2. Definatly the highest rated GCN game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='DenisDFat']all resident evil games suck.

0.0[/quote]

Guess what?

NO ONE GIVES A FLYING shaq-fu!!! THIS IS LIKE THE 50th TIME YOU HAVE SAID THIS. GROW THE shaq-fu UP[/quote]

You're a mod, delete his posts till he understands. There should a topic given all to DDF just so he can stop crapping in all the others. Make him post in onlty the one thread.

First his desperate crys for attension were pretty hilarious in their stupidity, now they're just really old. He hates games we like, okay we get it, now could you just go away?

[quote name='ananag112']For those of you who are thinking about buying other Resident Evil games, I will list them (only the main RE games) in order from best to worst IMO.

1) Resident Evil: Code Veronic (X)
2) Residnet Evil 2
3) Resident Evil (Remake/1)
4) Resident Evil 0
5) Resident Evil 3[/quote]

Well that's to you, IMO its more like:

1)RE2
2)REmake
3)RE3
4)RE:CVX
5)RE0
6)All the other RE games except RE Gaiden
7)RE gaiden :p

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='ananag112']Doen't it ship the 11th, meaning it will be available on the 12th?[/quote]

I think that may be true, but the commercial says the 11th so it may actually arrive on the 11th[/quote]

My GS said Weds :cry:

Don't trust them. Hang around the store at approximately 3:00 on tuesday. At least that's the time my Gamestop gets new games.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='ananag112']For those of you who are thinking about buying other Resident Evil games, I will list them (only the main RE games) in order from best to worst IMO.

2) Residnet Evil 2
4) Resident Evil 0

1)RE2
2)REmake
3)RE3
5)RE0
7)RE gaiden :p[/quote]

RE3>RE:CVX? Could you please explain why?

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='ananag112']Doen't it ship the 11th, meaning it will be available on the 12th?[/quote]

I think that may be true, but the commercial says the 11th so it may actually arrive on the 11th[/quote]

My GS said Weds :cry:[/quote]

I called my GS today and they also said Wednesday......oh well Gamestop likes to torture its customers...

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='ananag112']For those of you who are thinking about buying other Resident Evil games, I will list them (only the main RE games) in order from best to worst IMO.

2) Residnet Evil 2
4) Resident Evil 0

1)RE2
2)REmake
3)RE3
5)RE0
7)RE gaiden :p[/quote]

RE3>RE:CVX? Could you please explain why?[/quote]

To me RE:CVX to the focus off of the zombies and the scares and put it on a hokey story and more action elements. It was the first attempt to inject more action and in the end it just didn't have the same "feel" that other REs have.

Besides people aren't giving RE3 enough credit -- it was RE2 on steroids, everything was amped up, it was harder, there were more zombies, more areas to visit, more to the story, and to top it all off; Nemisis was a fucking badass :) Finally dispatching him after spending the entire game living in mortal fear of the big fuck, was a reward in-and-of itself.

I still Place REmake (not the original, nor DC) and RE2 higher because REmake injected new life into both the RE series and the GCN, and I placed RE2 #1 because . . . well I had a blast playing it while I was a kid, and found nostalgia has a way of clouding your thoughts ;)

[quote name='tenzor']gamespot just gave RE 4 a 9.6! its up there with GTA SA score, and beat halo 2's score.[/quote]
This officially makes it must have for me, but I've only got 65 dollars, and wont have and more until March. I think what I need is a sale at 40 dollars.

my RE favorites tree goes something like this

RE3
REmake/1
RE: Code Veronica (X)
RE2
RE Zero

I'm not sure why I didn't like RE2 as much, but I just didn't. As for RE3 being at the top I thought Nemesis was one of the coolest bad guys ever (yes, I know it was a Mr.X knockoff), and I had the most fun playing it out of the five.

[quote name='Sn0brawler'][quote name='tenzor']gamespot just gave RE 4 a 9.6! its up there with GTA SA score, and beat halo 2's score.[/quote]
This officially makes it must have for me, but I've only got 65 dollars, and wont have and more until March. I think what I need is a sale at 40 dollars.[/quote]

On sale this week at Fry's for 40

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45165

these reviews make me really want it despite me hating RE 0 with a passion.

But since this game doesn't use save ribbons and is in full 3D it looks loads better. I'm still a bit skeptical about the controls. Switching between third person adventure and first person shooting looks a bit clunky, and shaking off zombies (or villager, or whatever) doesn't look very fun either. But all the scenerios in the game look real interesting. I'll give it a rent.

I'm going to be all over this one tomorrow! Haven't purchased a game the first day it came out before, but for this game, I'm going to make an exception.

yeah i preordered this like 2 months ago on a whim after playing the demo, and holy hell did i make a good decision, look at those reviews!! god bless capcom and its devotion to nintendo, and to hell with whatever classes i am supposed to be going to tomorrow!

Amazing reviews. Too bad I have a rule for games right now. If it doesn't have a fantastic multiplayer mode that is on XBL, I'll wait for it to drop. Unless of course I ca get it for $10 at GameRush which will not be possible anymore. :(

I'll have tro beat 15 games before I'm going to buy a game only for it's single player.

do you guys think if we were to call gamestop customer service and say we were promised a soundtrack with the preorder they would do anything? Perhaps a $5-10 gift card? Worth a shot.

[quote name='tyecko']do you guys think if we were to call gamestop customer service and say we were promised a soundtrack with the preorder they would do anything? Perhaps a $5-10 gift card? Worth a shot.[/quote]

It's worth a shot. If I don't get mine, I will do the same.

AHhhhhh, this or Suikoden 4......I don't know.......I'm interested more in the Suikoden series, but 4 got a pretty bad score. Gonna pick it up anyways one day but......RE4 has an insane review score...but not as interested in RE series.....I think I'll buy whichever is on sale.

[quote name='suko_32']AHhhhhh, this or Suikoden 4......I don't know.......I'm interested more in the Suikoden series, but 4 got a pretty bad score. Gonna pick it up anyways one day but......RE4 has an insane review score...but not as interested in RE series.....I think I'll buy whichever is on sale.[/quote]

go and check out the RE4 guide if you have any interest in it. I just flipped through it after buying it and there are truely some amazing enemies in the game and the gameplay is really fun

[quote name='-Never4ever-']That's why you Pre-order it at a B&M store. :)[/quote]

But you save gas money and you don't need to pay for tax (for most states) if you order online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back