Resident Evil 4: Wii or Gamecube version?

I like the Wii version.. the controls for the GC version worked amazingly well. But for the Wii version, it somehow worked even better. Plus, it had all the extras from the PS2 version.

The problem with the Wii version though is it lost some of that WoW because the graphics were dated and I already played the game once.

I heard that you can change the settings in the Wii version so that it will have GameCube controls. Is that true?

^Yes the Wii edition supports the classic controller and the Gamecube controller.

OP get the Wii edition, it has all of the PS2 extras the Gamecube version doesn't have, with the superior Gamecube graphics, and choice of control schemes.

or just get the PC version and download the high resolution textures pack and get better textures than the cube version :p.

I am just going to wait til target clears them out for under 10 bucks. I already have the cube version, sold my ps2 version (the textures and sounds were so horrible!), and beaten the modded version of the PC version.

If i didn't already own the cube version i would have gotten the Wii version. Don't want to start the game all over again. Now if you could somehow import saved game from the cube version, that'd be different.

[quote name='Vinny']I like the Wii version.. the controls for the GC version worked amazingly well. But for the Wii version, it somehow worked even better. Plus, it had all the extras from the PS2 version.

The problem with the Wii version though is it lost some of that WoW because the graphics were dated and I already played the game once a bajilliontrillion times.[/quote]

Fixed. For me at least. I love RE4. The GCN version was perfect, until the Wiimake came out.

Wii version. No question. The aiming is really really fun and the controls, though clunky at first, are really much better than the cube version (though I never played the cube version).

Play it on the Wii man!

Even if someone prefers the GC controls(though I can't imagine why, the Wii controls are way better), you can still play the Wii version with a GC controller. Given that the Wii version has more extras than the GC one, there is no reason(other than not owning a Wii) for anyone to choose the GC RE4 over the Wii RE4.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Even if someone prefers the GC controls(though I can't imagine why, the Wii controls are way better), you can still play the Wii version with a GC controller. Given that the Wii version has more extras than the GC one, there is no reason(other than not owning a Wii) for anyone to choose the GC RE4 over the Wii RE4.[/quote]Price?

[quote name='The Crotch']Price?[/QUOTE]

What does the Cube version go for these days - $20 new? I think it's well worth the extra ten to get this on the Wii.

Still one of my favorite games ever and the Wii is the best version.

Is it harder/less fun to use the wii remote to shoot? I recently played metroid prime on the wii and it was really hard and wasn't that fun (might be the game..never been a big metroid prime fan)

[quote name='CaliforniaKing']Is it harder/less fun to use the wii remote to shoot? I recently played metroid prime on the wii and it was really hard and wasn't that fun (might be the game..never been a big metroid prime fan)[/QUOTE]

It's much easier to use the wii remote to shoot in RE4 - headshots (very important in conserving ammo) are a breeze.

Also, did you try the different control methods in MP3. I knew from reading here that you should use the advanced setting (it might not be called that but you get the idea) and I thought the controls were excellent.

Wii, no doubt. It's everything good about the GC version, everything good about the PS2 version and an optional control scheme that trumps the original in nearly every way.

I was going to ask this same question. I'm picking this up soon as my only other game besides Wii Sports and Super Smash Bros. I never played it, but it looks great from the countless times that I've seen videos and such about it. Looks well worth the $25-30.

Ya know, there has to be at least a dozen threads about this very subject. When the next one pops up in 2 months, could somebody put a poll in it, or something ? Maybe add some tits & ass or some hot zombie gay sex to spice it up a little. Please?

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Wii version for pretty muchevery reason that has already been listed.[/quote]

Agreed.

If you use a GC controller for the Wii version does the aming reticule go back to a dot (ala the Cube version) rather than a giant circle (ala the Wii version)? Because personally, I tried out the Wii controls and thought they were crap. Moving the screen with the analogue stick whilst aiming with the wiimote made no sense to me whatsoever and I don't undertsand why they didn't have the aiming work like in Metroid Prime 3 where if you go farther from the center of the screen it'll automatically turn that way. Furthermore headshots are easier on the Wii version, but that doesn't make for a better game. It almost makes it like a cheat and handicaps the game's wonderful difficulty. I also didn't like the giant aiming reticule as it basically admits that the Wii version is less precise and thus needs a giant circle rathar than a simple dot to show what you're shooting.

Yet at the same time, the idea of GC graphics in true widescreen with the PS2 extras does appeal to me. So is the Wii version with a GC controller basically identical to the GC version in terms of shooting and gameplay?

bread's done
Back