Resident Evil 5 - Out Now - 2/17: Lost in Nightmares DLC arriving on 2/18 for $4.99

[quote name='Saint Noir']Definitely glad to see it is $5. I wonder how long the DLC will be...[/QUOTE]

I saw someone say it takes about an hour or two.
I'll likely pick this up. I was a fan of RE5.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I saw someone say it takes about an hour or two.
I'll likely pick this up. I was a fan of RE5.[/QUOTE]

For $5, I'll definitely pick it up. That seems like the magic price point for something like this.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've already finished it (back when it first came out), but I was thinking about doing a professional run at some point.[/QUOTE]

if you want or need a partner i am up for it :D

[quote name='bjstucker']if you want or need a partner i am up for it :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we could do that. Do you have professional unlocked because I don't?

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Anyone plan to wait till the gold edition?[/QUOTE]

Is there anything included in the gold edition that wont be released as dlc?

[quote name='Brownjohn']Is there anything included in the gold edition that wont be released as dlc?[/QUOTE]

Nop, it will include all original dlc and the new dlc, as well as the original game, resident evil 5. All on one disc.

i've made a gamesharing account for this - already has versus unlocked. also posting this in the gameshare thread.

total cost is $19
versus ($5)
costume pack 1 ($2)
lost in nightmares ($5)
costume pack 2 ($2)
desperate escape ($5)

PS i think getting gold edition is not a good idea you can get the original game for $20 now, and the dlc is only $19, while gold edition costs $50.

[quote name='rpnguyen']i've made a gamesharing account for this - already has versus unlocked. also posting this in the gameshare thread.

total cost is $19
versus ($5)
costume pack 1 ($2)
lost in nightmares ($5)
costume pack 2 ($2)
desperate escape ($5)

PS i think getting gold edition is not a good idea you can get the original game for $20 now, and the dlc is only $19, while gold edition costs $50.[/QUOTE]

True, and I just noticed gamestop will be selling it for 50$ right of the bat. Pretty lame, would have been reasonable at 40$.

Also, I think the 360 guys got the shaft on the gold edition for this case, something to keep in mind, dlc will not be included on the disk for 360 people, while the ps3 will be all on disk.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']While were talking about the add-ons here, anybody here want to start a share just for the playable content? No skins.[/QUOTE]

Well, depends on what you mean by playable content. The costume packs unlock additional characters in Mercenaries Reunion who have different weapon loadouts.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Well, depends on what you mean by playable content. The costume packs unlock additional characters in Mercenaries Reunion who have different weapon loadouts.[/QUOTE]

I just mean Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Struggle.

Quick question about the RE5 DLC. I'm getting Heavy Rain tomorrow, and I think I'm going to use that GS coupon to get 35% off of RE5 (I'd be able to snag it for around $15). That said, how much does all the DLC that's out right now cost? Would it be more cost effective to just wait and get the Gold edition, or does it work out cheaper using my method? Thanks for any help.

[quote name='SEH']Quick question about the RE5 DLC. I'm getting Heavy Rain tomorrow, and I think I'm going to use that GS coupon to get 35% off of RE5 (I'd be able to snag it for around $15). That said, how much does all the DLC that's out right now cost? Would it be more cost effective to just wait and get the Gold edition, or does it work out cheaper using my method? Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

All the DLC out right now costs $12 (VS $5, Costume Pack 1 $2, Lost in Nightmares $5) but there will be more DLC out Mar. 4 that costs $7 (Costume Pack 2 $2, Desperate Escape $5) so all told you are getting $19 worth of DLC in the Gold edition.

I don't know how much your local GameStop charges for a used RE5 - online it says $22.99, but it varies from store to store. With the Heavy Rain 25% off used game coupon, you can cut that $23 down to just over $17. So, if really depends on if you can get Gold Edition for $36 or less. Of course, you can gameshare the DLC and instead of paying $19, pay $3.80, making this all a moot point.

Unless your hard core RE person don't buy lost in nightmares, it may take an hour two, but its really made up of like 7 enemies the whole time, doesnt add any story elements really. Kind of want my 5 dollars back.

[quote name='rpnguyen']All the DLC out right now costs $12 (VS $5, Costume Pack 1 $2, Lost in Nightmares $5) but there will be more DLC out Mar. 4 that costs $7 (Costume Pack 2 $2, Desperate Escape $5) so all told you are getting $19 worth of DLC in the Gold edition.

I don't know how much your local GameStop charges for a used RE5 - online it says $22.99, but it varies from store to store. With the Heavy Rain 25% off used game coupon, you can cut that $23 down to just over $17. So, if really depends on if you can get Gold Edition for $36 or less. Of course, you can gameshare the DLC and instead of paying $19, pay $3.80, making this all a moot point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the prices of them, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I believe in-store, they charge either 19.99 or 24.99. Either case, I have an EDGE card, so take 35% off, and it's right around $15-$17. I dont do the gameshare thing, so that's out of the question. I doubt I'll buy the costume packs though, so subtract $4 from the $19 total, and I'm left with $15 for DLC. That, combined with the $15 or so for the game would put it right around or slightly above $30.

I think I'll do that instead of paying $50 for the Gold edition.

I can buy Resident Evil 5 used for around $20, or the Gold edition for $37.

Is the game fun? Is all the DLC worth the extra $17?

its ok. dont go in expecting too much and you should have a good time but dont expect it to be as entertaining as re4.

It's a good game, but nothing great. It's a better playthrough if you can find someone to play with online - the computer AI is terrible at times.

Can anyone tell me if I rent a copy of the Gold Edition will it give me the patch for the gold edition. I own the original version but just got the move and I don't want to purchase a new copy of the game.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Can anyone tell me if I rent a copy of the Gold Edition will it give me the patch for the gold edition. I own the original version but just got the move and I don't want to purchase a new copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

You have to have the Gold edition to play with Move. They didn't release a patch for the original game because it wasn't developed with Move in mind and apparently is unpatchable to implement it.

just got this game for ps3 after unlocking everything on xbox
i reallly dont want to have to beat the game again
is there anywehre i can download a save from so i can play mercs

Can anyone with RE5: Gold tell me if it's 3D ready? I remember seeing a preview of it a whil back where someone was playing in 3D with the move, but i don't think it made it to the console release (PC only from what i recall).

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm pretty sure 3D was for PC only because the Gold Edition is just RE5 + DLC (+ Move on PS3).[/QUOTE]
Yea- that's what it looks like, I just wasn't sure. I was reading about it online everywhere I could find and it had not been mentioned, but strange enough- either had the Move support.

bread's done
Back