Resident Evil 5 Tricell Messenger Bag - $7.95 NEW GameDealDaily.com Daily Deal 1/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

Over a year ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated to offering CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Check the front page of our site each day for our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. Last fall we also added our Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prize and how to enter.

Now in our second year of operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: Resident Evil 5 Tricell Messenger Bag - $7.95 NEW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHECK OUT GAMEDEALDAILY ON FACEBOOK!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GameDealDaily/132358190948

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Gamedealdaily.com will buy back your games! Don't accept Gamestop's ridiculously low trade-in prices! We buy games, accessories, and systems, all the way from NES to PS3. You can check out many of our trade-in prices at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

If you would like to trade in games that aren't on the list, shoot me a PM or send an email to the site and we will send you a trade quote. Payment for your trades is sent through Paypal (we will pay the Paypal fees) or by money order, so you will be able to spend the money on whatever you like.

Each week Gamedealdaily.com gives away four free items selected from our inventory. A new contest begins at 1pm Eastern time every Monday afternoon. Entrants have 7 days to compile as many entries as they can to give them the best shot at winning one of the prizes. The winners will be randomly selected from the pool of total entrants.

Enter the contest at this link:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghostbusters is the perfect 40 dollar game for fans of the movie who wouldn't spring for it at full price. It's incredibly unique as a movie game that tells an original story and has a pretty famous cast. It also has a really decent multiplayer.

For those who don't like/don't remember the movie, it's still a good game but probably more a $20 or less proposition. It also has pretty easy single player achievements but very time consuming MP achievements that make up about 150/1000.

[quote name='bleak']$40 for a new copy of Ghostbusters would have been a deal[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that! Yeah, the OP should clarify as that's a pretty deceptive thread title.

I agree, not so much a deal used.

Are there any plans for grab bags will full (full as in not demos, still disc only) games coming up? I think I remember one a while ago, but I missed it.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Was going to bite until I saw the $5 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

is that stanadard shipping? shouldn't cost $5 for shipping, too much! :cry:

if you dont mind used...GS has a used copy (of US version obviously) for 9.99

also there is a 25% off used coupon floating around here

EDIT: only until 8/6 (part of weekly specials)

[quote name='CaoPi']is that stanadard shipping? shouldn't cost $5 for shipping, too much! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but you complain a bunch about his shipping rates. There were two similar posts in his last thread from you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at some point, constantly repeating the same thing over and over again is just rude.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5850115&postcount=1085
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5926658&postcount=1242

I think the doc has stated in the past that his rates are based on increments of 1 pound. So, everything up to 1 pound is $5, everything between 1 and 2 pounds is another price, and etc. This sometimes works out to slightly high shipping, and it sometimes doesn't. But he's a small outfit and needs a simple system in place to make things work smoothly. At the end of the day, you're paying a buck or two more for the shipping. Either, you like the price plus shipping, or you don't. And it's not like he's putting the game up for $2 and then charging $13 shipping. You could at least argue that he's drawing you with a low price that really isn't that low.

[quote name='drfrielgood']All orders through 8/3 shipped out today.[/QUOTE]

is there shipping confirmation?

[quote name='Purkeynator']or 3.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I was pretty much referring to all instances, not just this game. But for argument's sake, it's $4.99. What service are you using that can ship a game for $1.99 with any kind of delivery confirmation? Please, let me know. Last time I shipped something via USPS 1st class, it was ~$2.50 with delivery confirmation. Add a few cents for the bubble mailer and add a few more he what will lose on PP fees. So, like I said a buck or two more.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']First of all, I was pretty much referring to all instances, not just this game. But for argument's sake, it's $4.99. What service are you using that can ship a game for $1.99 with any kind of delivery confirmation? Please, let me know. Last time I shipped something via USPS 1st class, it was ~$2.50 with delivery confirmation. Add a few cents for the bubble mailer and add a few more he what will lose on PP fees. So, like I said a buck or two more.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80352

you need a paypal account $2.07 for a 5 oz game with padded envelope, I thought you knew about this thread. On top of it you don't even have to wait in line at the post office

I'm not going to go into the nickels and dimes of our shipping charges. It's a simplified system that has worked well for us since we started the site a year and a half ago. If you want to spread the shipping costs a bit, order two games and the shipping is still $4.99. Sometimes we'll make a buck or two on shipping, sometimes we lose a few dollars. It evens itself out in the end.

We're selling Lair at break-even. We took some copies to settle a transaction with one of my suppliers, and we're just looking to pass on a good deal. We've sold over half of our inventory of Lair today, so I'm glad that this offer has been mostly well-received.

$5, while higher then normal, is within range that it doesn't count as a excessive. The $8 - $10 I've seen Amazon Marketplace sellers charge is outrageous. You also have to take into account that GDD isn't a huge organization, or atleast I'm assuming they aren't, so they can't lower shipping costs and make up the difference in other areas.

I suppose the other option would be to raise the price of the goods by $5 and offer free shipping. Which might be more attractive to some people while others would just realize they're still paying the cost of shipping, except now it's built into the price and it now works against you if you're buying multiple items.

Right now Gamestop has Lair for $14.99 used, with shipping at $2.99 and they charge tax. So you're spending about $18. Paying $15 with GDD is still saving you about $3 even after shipping.

EDIT: Oh, forgot I had a question. Does anyone know if this game got a patch in the PAL region to use the standard controls like the US region did? If so is it possible to download to a US PS3? I'm assuming they did and that you can download it with no problem, but I want to check before I buy.

I bought this turkey back during the CC closings for $16.96 and that's way too much for this turd of a game even with the game patched. Bloody awful game that's well deserving of it's reviews. :booty:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Updated with today's deal on Guitar Hero 1, 2, 3, and World Tour for the PS2.[/QUOTE]
If I play these on BC PS3, can I use my GHIII (PS3) Les Paul guitar?

[quote name='mxpowar']If I play these on BC PS3, can I use my GHIII (PS3) Les Paul guitar?[/QUOTE]

I believe so, but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone know?

$40+ shipped just seems like a lot for the drive at this point. I think just about anyone who had any kind of interest at all in getting one already did and probably for a few bucks cheaper. I got mine for virtually nothing after rebate at FYE after Toshiba pulled the plug on HD-DVD. I also just noticed that Fry's has this with the King Kong movie for about $44 shipped.

Honestly the deal is a joke with 10 dollars shipping. As others have mentioned, my total with fry's hd-dvd set with a remote and king kong is 41 dollars.

[quote name='kart007k']I always hated this site, there is some type of catch to their deals. (Ex. pal edition & etc.)[/QUOTE]
This. I've never seen an actually GOOD deal in this thread, just a waste of forum space.

I have got some great deals on gamedealdaily.com.

A lot of people here seem to love giving this guy grief but I for one appreciate the deals and his effort. Thanks for the wireless adapter a while back ;)

[quote name='voormis']I have got some great deals on gamedealdaily.com.

A lot of people here seem to love giving this guy grief but I for one appreciate the deals and his effort. Thanks for the wireless adapter a while back ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly! GDD is great. People who bitch about them need to get over it, especially those that repeat the same complaint over and over again. There is no catch to any of his deals. There is a product, there is a price, and you either pay it or you don't. What's the catch exactly? If anything, I agree that the shipping price should be included. But that's definitely far short of a "catch." A catch would imply some kind of dishonesty or shadiness. There's definitely none of that here. Here's what a catch would be. You order the US version of the game, and then he e-mails you trying to replace it with the PAL. It's not a catch if he says right up front that it's the PAL version.

This item is pretty heavy, probably 6 to 8 pounds, so $10 for shipping is not outragous...But that said, Frys is probably a better deal for the few folks interested in this....and Frys still has some HD DVDs for sale on line as well, most at $3-4 range and additional shipping cost of them is likely to next to nothing if bought with the drive

Good lord people, shipping a 2 pound item to the west coast is nearly $9 for me. The HD-DVD drive weighs a good deal more than that, but I'm able to use a flat-rate box to keep the shipping at a reasonable level for everyone. This price is nearly $10 cheaper than any price on a new HD-DVD player on Amazon.

Shipping is not free for sellers. Some sellers choose to include it in the price. Some sellers choose to charge for it seperately. Either way you're paying somehow for the shipping, whether you're charged a seperate shipping fee or not.

Not to derail the thread, but is there a better way to contact you guys than through the "help" email address on the site? I sent a message over a week ago about a defective shipment and have gotten no reply.

Fry's - $34.95, the one I go to has about 20 of them sitting there collecting dust. I'm going to get one pretty soon and never open it (may open it if it doesn't require AC power (?) don't have an extra outlet!)

[quote name='token2k6']Fry's - $34.95, the one I go to has about 20 of them sitting there collecting dust. I'm going to get one pretty soon and never open it (may open it if it doesn't require AC power (?) don't have an extra outlet!)[/QUOTE]

It does require its own power outlet, FYI. But it does give you two extra USB ports on the back, to make up for the one it uses on the 360.

I think biddaddybruce44 works for the site. Why else would he lurk around this thread and bash every person who mentions they don't like high shipping charges and PAL versions of games. You watch. He will post a reply to this because he is constantly lurking around this thread looking for flame bait.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I think biddaddybruce44 works for the site. Why else would he lurk around this thread and bash every person who mentions they don't like high shipping charges and PAL versions of games. You watch. He will post a reply to this because he is constantly lurking around this thread looking for flame bait.[/QUOTE]

*yawn* I was gonna PM you, because unlike you, I don't feel a need to have a little bitch fest back and forth. But your Inbox is full.

Wow...you got me...because I posted something on a message board! Watch out. Purkeynator is like Sherlock Holmes here, guys. Don't try to keep any secrets from him.

From what I have gathered, doc is pretty much lone gun operation. I just don't see the constant need to threadcrap on him, which is what it is when you post the same thing over and over again. Some of you have made the same, exact post three or four times. You made your opinion heard. You don't need to constantly bitch. I just think it would be nice if you showed a fellow CAG a little support, or at the very least, refrained from the constant bitching. Also, I am far from the only person who has defended doc in the past, so calm down there, Columbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back