Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Actually, the Best Buy replacement plan basically was just like that. You could walk in there with an old console, say it didn't work, and they would give you a giftcard for the value of the original purchase...no questions asked. From what I hear, though, they have since changed these replacement plans into service contracts.[/QUOTE]

True, but he never said his console was broken.

Yeah, I just came here to ask about the RE5 disc read error thing. I tried installing and it crapped out about halfway through... Trying again. Would be nice if they'd put together a replacement plan because I don't wanna have to ship my entire RE5 Xbox back to Amazon just for a replacement disc. Even then, I might just get one of discs from the bad batch again, which would be really irritating. Hopefully it'll just install this time. So the problems stop if you can just get it to install properly? Would make sense.

[quote name='Vitality X']i think everybody here accepts the fact that launch systems are going to have problems. However, its been over 3 years now since the 360 was launched. That's enough time to fix any problems known. Yet people are still getting shitty consoles replaced by other shitty consoles.(the cycle continues with their refurb. warranty). Which is why i'm so pissed off. My last 360 red ringed on me and the disc drive completely went bad. I'll be damned if i bought another one and have it break down on me. Which is sad because i have games that i haven't finished yet. To the people on their 4th, 5th, 6th, etc console, youre frikken kidding me :bomb:[/quote]

I was talking about my experiences. I have owned practically every launch system over the past 25 years and the only ones I have had a problem with is the psx and the 360 . The original xbox is still kicking. the nes snes genesis 3do saturn turbo duo/graphic,fairchild,atari all still work to this day.

As far as the 360 goes I have had mine repaired 4 times this last time it has been over a year and working fine. I will give them points for taking action. It is annoying but to me it is the best thing going online wise so I don't mind. Alot of companys stiff you.

[quote name='monstericreated']Yeah, I just came here to ask about the RE5 disc read error thing. I tried installing and it crapped out about halfway through... Trying again. Would be nice if they'd put together a replacement plan because I don't wanna have to ship my entire RE5 Xbox back to Amazon just for a replacement disc. Even then, I might just get one of discs from the bad batch again, which would be really irritating. Hopefully it'll just install this time. So the problems stop if you can just get it to install properly? Would make sense.[/quote]

I would still get a disc replacement. You might have copied it to the hard drive but you still have a bad disc, and even then who know if the disc copied properly....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='c0rderr0y']I would still get a disc replacement. You might have copied it to the hard drive but you still have a bad disc, and even then who know if the disc copied properly....[/quote]

I got it installed on my HD on the second try, and it's working fine. It does suck having a faulty disc, but I doubt Amazon will just replace the disc. They'll probably want the entire console and everything that came with it back. If that's the case, that's a huge pain in my rear... I'm going to wait for a replacement program to HOPEFULLY (though I'm not too optimistic) pop up, otherwise, what's the point? I'm risking getting another faulty disc, since they seem to be exclusive to the consoles. I'm going to keep playing it until it's like at the 25-day mark to make sure nothing is wrong with the console itself (I've read that a few people have had problems on here), and then I'll try contacting Amazon about a disc replacement if nothing official surfaces.

[quote name='monstericreated']I got it installed on my HD on the second try, and it's working fine. It does suck having a faulty disc, but I doubt Amazon will just replace the disc. They'll probably want the entire console and everything that came with it back. If that's the case, that's a huge pain in my rear... I'm going to wait for a replacement program to HOPEFULLY (though I'm not too optimistic) pop up, otherwise, what's the point? I'm risking getting another faulty disc, since they seem to be exclusive to the consoles. I'm going to keep playing it until it's like at the 25-day mark to make sure nothing is wrong with the console itself (I've read that a few people have had problems on here), and then I'll try contacting Amazon about a disc replacement if nothing official surfaces.[/quote]

Luckily for me this is my 2nd 360 so I had another working box to test the disc in and it failed in that one too....

[quote name='monstericreated']I got it installed on my HD on the second try, and it's working fine. It does suck having a faulty disc, but I doubt Amazon will just replace the disc. They'll probably want the entire console and everything that came with it back. If that's the case, that's a huge pain in my rear... I'm going to wait for a replacement program to HOPEFULLY (though I'm not too optimistic) pop up, otherwise, what's the point? I'm risking getting another faulty disc, since they seem to be exclusive to the consoles. I'm going to keep playing it until it's like at the 25-day mark to make sure nothing is wrong with the console itself (I've read that a few people have had problems on here), and then I'll try contacting Amazon about a disc replacement if nothing official surfaces.[/quote]

I bought from TigerDirect.com and they won't replace SOFTWARE OR CONSUMABLES. Contacted MS Xbox support and was told I HAVE TO PAY SHIPPNG and send game back and wait 12 days to get a replacement disc.
I was too tired to fight with the support person. Will try arguing with manager tomorrow or somethin'

[quote name='c0rderr0y']Luckily for me this is my 2nd 360 so I had another working box to test the disc in and it failed in that one too....[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. As for me, I had to go through 3 Xbox360's. It was sucha pain contacting microsoft everytime something was wrong with my baby..

[quote name='c0rderr0y']I would still get a disc replacement. You might have copied it to the hard drive but you still have a bad disc, and even then who know if the disc copied properly....[/quote]

I copied the same "faulty" disc to my old 360 with no problems. It took two attempts to install onto the new elite. I want to send the package back to Amazon but I have already transferred all of my licenses to the new unit and can't transfer again until this time next year. I can't decide whether to get a replacement or not.

As for copying properly, the audio from the cut-scenes between stage 2 and 3 paused and went out of sync. Haven't had time to play anymore but I think it is a bad install. Installed other games and all was fine with them.

Later,

Alex

[quote name='gepet0']I was talking about my experiences. I have owned practically every launch system over the past 25 years and the only ones I have had a problem with is the psx and the 360 . The original xbox is still kicking. the nes snes genesis 3do saturn turbo duo/graphic,fairchild,atari all still work to this day.
[/quote]

lol... same here (fairchild VES? -- that's really old school. Is your Magnavox Odyssey still working too? j/k) I started with the atari 2600

Back on topic, my Resident Evil 5 elite system and game have worked perfectly so far (hopefully these defective batches are not widespread)

My system and game arrived in perfect condition, except the faceplate was installed kind of poorly... The spring that should control the USB door wasn't in the right spot. The door still opens though, so no big deal.

Glad I sold my copy to a friend and bought the Ps3 CE. My 360 is loud at times. When I play GOW its pretty loud. My GOW2 disc is scratched like crazy, but runs more quiet than GOW. GH3 seemed to run more quiet than both, but louder than my Ps3. By the way my friend hasn't said anything about the RE5 disc messing up.

I bought this bundle too, I hope it doesn't have any problems, it'll be my first xbox ..lol, have the whole playstation consoles all this year. I have the ps3 version, and there hasn't been any problem with that so far, so could it just be the xbox 360 versions?

I grabbed this bundle as well. I am going to try out RE5 tonight to see if I have the issues with the game that a lot of other people have.

Trying to sell my Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA) code so that I can buy Fallout : Operation Anchorage!! Someone wanna give me $10 for it? PM me!

[quote name='EmPuLSe']Trying to sell my Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA) code so that I can buy Fallout : Operation Anchorage!! Someone wanna give me $10 for it? PM me![/quote]

How about ebay? You'll probably get a better deal there.

Kinda hard to find here in Austin, TX.... but I grabbed a preorder bundle that had not been picked up yesterday at Gamestop.

Love it so far. It's about half as noisy as my launch system and has performed flawlessly thusfar. RE game case was pristine with no cracks to be found.

Production date: 01-07-09
Voltage: 12.1V
Power Supply: 150W

I have yet to hear someone who has not received a Jasper model of this bundle. Should be noted that 2 different Gamestops mentioned that this was a single-shipment item and that they would not be receiving any more (not sure how accurate that is however). I'd be shocked if this "Limited Edition" wasn't just limited to however many they can produce/sell ;)

For reference an older XBOX is going for $80 at Gamestop plus they have an extra $25 bonus for the next 2 weeks on console trades... so $105. 20GB Hard drive will raise that an additional $18, but I'm not going to trade mine in until I receive my data transfer cable from Microsoft.

I really dig how all the details on the unit (memory card slots, 120GB hard drive, shoulder buttons on controller) are black. Makes it look rather badass. I'd say the color is more candy apple/Ferrari red than blood however. :)

Figured I'd share, I got a faulty disc in my bundle too....
Would not install for the life of with the console horizontally positioned. Tried 4 times, it failed between 45 and 52 percent of the way through the HDD copy. Switched the console to the vertical position, and it managed to install.... although it took about twice as long as SF4, Too Human, and Ninja Gaiden 2's install times. I'm on chapter 5 and haven't had any playback problems yet from the HDD.

[quote name='speedrunner17']How do you install 360 games? Are there any benefits? Will it make it less noisy?[/QUOTE]

You install them from the screen where you'd normally select to run the game. I think you hit 'Y' or something for more info, and then select to install it.

Main benefit is it's MUUUUUUUUUCH less noisy. Like I'd just have dumped the platform pretty much after I bought my PS3 if not for that feature, but it makes it fairly decent sounding.

Other benefit is things can load faster, though that varies from game to game (a few even load slower). I don't really care about that though, I just wanted it quieter.

Could help your DVD drive last longer too for that matter.

[quote name='speedrunner17']How do you install 360 games? Are there any benefits? Will it make it less noisy?[/quote]

On the dashboard go to MY XBOX...the first option on screen should say play game or something like that...if you look underneath, it will give you an option "Press Y for details"...I could be wrong on the button...once you get to the next screen it will ask you if you want to save to the hard drive.

Benefits: System is quieter, faster load times, less stress on system, disc doesn't spin.

Oh okay. Thanks for the info. By the way I did not format my hardrive. Is this a bad thing? I have 3 saves already will the saves get messed up? Is a format neccessary?

[quote name='speedrunner17']Oh okay. Thanks for the info. By the way I did not format my hardrive. Is this a bad thing? I have 3 saves already will the saves get messed up? Is a format neccessary?[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be. I actually personally do format drives when I can for new drives/flash memory, but there's probably no need.

And yes, if you formated, you'd lose any saves (unless you copy them and your profile to a memory card first).

Yea I usually format before doing anything else. I was being cheap and just jumped into my games so I could beat them as fast as possible. So I could take em back before the 7 day period ended. It didn't even cross my mind. What I meant to ask was if I didn't format will that increase my chance of getting corrupted data?

A few, but you just go to where you launch the game from normally. Hit 'y' (or whatever the correct button is) and it'll give you the option to install (unless it's one of a few that can't be).

[quote name='speedrunner17']This fuckin sucks. I can't find My Xbox. I'm not seeing any options. Are some games not able to install?[/quote]

Do you not have the NXE installed?

My Xbox is the same line your Avatar is on, or where you select your game library. There should be a big square before your Avatar that says "Play Resident Evil 5"

Hit the Y button on that square, and select "Install to Hard Drive".

I've got RE5 installed and load times are negligible. Very happy with the upgrade to the Elite!

is there anyone who HASN'T encountered any problems with the install? Also, when people brought it back, did they bring back just the game or the whole unit? I'd rather not have to pack everything back up to get just the game...

[quote name='speedrunner17']Does GOW, GOW2, GH3 install? I don't have the avatars. I go to where it looks like the disc tray and it only says play game.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you need to update to NXE (New XBox Experience)...

Yeah, do you have broadband? Just hook your 360 up to the internet to get the update if you do. If not you may be able to download it from the Xbox site and burn it to a CD, and install it that way (at least they let you do that for the backwards compatibility updates).

Overall I don't like the new interface nearly as well, but it's worth it for the ability to install games.

Why.. would you need... to format ... a hard drive ... that is already formatted.

Explain how this makes sense? If it's an empty hard drive that is already formatted to whatever flavor file system the XBOX uses... what are the benefits of formatting except to slightly wear the drive's heads and produce the same result? Please, do explain.

[quote name='Lutter']Why.. would you need... to format ... a hard drive ... that is already formatted.

Explain how this makes sense? If it's an empty hard drive that is already formatted to whatever flavor file system the XBOX uses... what are the benefits of formatting except to slightly wear the drive's heads and produce the same result? Please, do explain.[/QUOTE]

It's possible data on the drive has gotten corrupted by outside forces since it left the factory. That's less likely than it used to be...I guess...but it used to be "standard operating procedure", and given how easy it is to do, there's really no reason not to. Old habits die hard, I guess, but I always format drives if I can.

Oh well, I decided to upgrade my 360 and went to get this bundle. Hopefully I get my transfer cable pretty quickly (anyone in the Minnetonka/SLP/Hopkins-ish area have one that they'd let me use for a day?) so I can start using this thing. And after reading some horror stories hopefully it works for more than a few days...

I've had mine for a couple days now, everything is cool so far.. but it seems pretty loud when discs are in it. I had a 360 about 2 years ago but I can't remember if it's like that on all of them?

Question, if I install re5 to my hdd and I later decide to delete it off my hdd to make more space, will all my saved data also be deleted?

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Question, if I install re5 to my hdd and I later decide to delete it off my hdd to make more space, will all my saved data also be deleted?[/quote]

There should be two separate installs of RE5. The 7GB one which is the game and the other, smaller file which is the save data. Delete only the larger one if you want to keep your saves.

My re5 elite came with an advertisement for a free issue of the Official Xbox Magazine...what do I do, just fill it out and put it in the mailbox?

It says: "If not delighted, I will simply mark "cancel" on your bill, return it, and owe nothing." So I mail this, and they will send me an issue and bill immediately for me to cancel if I want? I don't want to get 12 issues of this and then get a bill that says I have to pay for the other 11.

It's basically a ploy to get subs from people too lazy to cancel after the first month...

I'd skip it... OXM generally sucks anyways besides the occasional exclusive demo.

FWIW I picked up an RE5 Elite at BB today. I have the "unreadable disc" problem too. Taking the disc back to the store tomorrow for an exchange. Maybe I'll get lucky. (Also tried clearing the cache. Got a little farther. Made it to the infinite loop recap of the game. Couldn't install to HD, either.)

I got the last bundle from GS yesterday at lunch. When I played it got a never ending load screen. Figured it was a bad disc. Changed it out in the evening and had the same problem...

I tried throwing Orange Box in there and tried playing Half Life 2... half way through loading it up, frozen.

Maybe they'll let me do a straight up return because I don't even feel like dealing with it anymore. Falcon will be good enough.

has anyone had this problem?

i plug my headset into the controller to play halo or anything where one might want to interact vocally and the headset icon is always on the screen, even when i am not talking. tried the other headset, same thing. turn off that controller, turn on the halo controller, plug in either headset and it's fine.

the broken box for RE was ok. but the controller not working correctly is pissing me off.

My first Red Elite I got kept making a grinding noise while playing disks, so I returned it today, and got a new bundle, and now this one won't install the game, and both had really cracked and broken cases for the game. This is a really annoying way to start off with an Xbox 360.

Question: If I use the code to redeem SSFII Turbo HD Remix on my Live account, will I only be able to play it on that specific profile? If I delete my gamertag, will it also delete the game too? What about the premium theme?

bread's done
Back