Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have noticed the system is selling out at many places and B&M stores. Its not overloaded everywhere like the Halo edition was. I'm a satisfied customer despite the RE5 disc issue.

Of course the Falcon Elite holiday bundle still looks like a slow mover. The plain 60gig Pro is showing up again at the Targets I've been to. So they must be running out of the Holiday Pro bundle.

I wonder if they really did make this a true Limited Edition, or if we're just seeing the lag time for another shipment. If it's truly limited I'm surprised MS didn't make a bigger deal about it. I haven't seen one in a store since the weekend of release, and even then I only ever saw a couple. Or MS is being really crazy, and wanted to see if Elites would sell if we knew they were Jaspers, and they obviously did.

But yeah, I am very happy with mine, it seems to run quite well and it's nice to have a Jasper even if there's not enough conclusive proof yet that they're any better.

I'm all over the 360 band wagon but i either want the RE5 edition or the black Elite versions sans the kung fu panda/ indiana jones. i hear things about tiger woods/madden bundle but...eh, not interested. I just think its amazing the RE5 controllers are selling for 65 bones. All for a special color Xbox. I understand it though because i want black/red. I'm hoping we see some Elite jaspers soon.

Well MS wants to sell Jaspers as much as customers want them. It is also cheaper for them to produce now. Just that its very apparent they have a lot of stock of the holiday Elite SKU. Remember all the deals? Amazon had a free $50 gift card deal for it a few weeks before MS announced the RE5 Elite.

[quote name='Warn3rv3']I'm all over the 360 band wagon but i either want the RE5 edition or the black Elite versions sans the kung fu panda/ indiana jones. i hear things about tiger woods/madden bundle but...eh, not interested. I just think its amazing the RE5 controllers are selling for 65 bones. All for a special color Xbox. I understand it though because i want black/red. I'm hoping we see some Elite jaspers soon.[/quote]

In all fairness the $65 red controller comes with the play-and-charge battery kit. I'm sure you can get it less if you look around online as I almost bit on getting another red controller.

touche hombre...I'm a pc gamer geting back into consoles (last ones were SNES...but recently collected a bunch of other old school ones as as well). The price of PC games has gone up significantly so i figured why not play with the current generation of consoles. I've owned a wii for a bit (no more heroes, mad world, mario galaxy, metroid, zelda, etc) and i'm sold. I'm a nintendo fan boy from back in the day and i'm not jumping all in on anything (partial to nintendo) but will say i'm IMPRESSED with all the current gen consoles. First time i've felt this way. I got the MGS4 80 gig unit on the way and i figured i'd need an xbox too. I'm done waiting and waiting for price drops. The Re 5 bundles look great and i'm really going out of my way looking for them but i hope i don't hit the same issue everyone else is having.

That's a lot for me to say when all i wanted to say was "thanks for the clarification on the controller". That's why i don't post much. :)

I couldn't find this anywhere in the thread so I thought I'd ask: Does anyone know if this bundle is limited edition? I ask because my wife is planning it for me for my birthday in May since my 360 just died on me a few weeks ago. However, I told her that it's limited and I don't know that it'll be around in May. Anyone know?

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Ive seen this at MEIJER and KMART. Hope its still there when the tax man gives me back my money.:bomb:[/quote]

What kmart have you seen it at? Would love to get my discount on it. ;D

Yep, limited edition. Now it remains to be seen if it ends up like the MGS4 bundle for PS3 or if it just disappears into bidding hell on evilBay. If i can score one for around below MSRP im in. I've seen the at fixex prices for over $500.00....Time will tell. Maybe Dell will get more!

[quote name='metallicoholic']I couldn't find this anywhere in the thread so I thought I'd ask: Does anyone know if this bundle is limited edition? I ask because my wife is planning it for me for my birthday in May since my 360 just died on me a few weeks ago. However, I told her that it's limited and I don't know that it'll be around in May. Anyone know?[/quote]

I imagine this will only be as limited as retailers make it... Considering how fast this has been selling at most locations, I'm sure that they will still buy a second run of these before they are gone, or the window of opportunity on the RE5 game runs its course. Microsoft and Capcom had an ad on tv this weekend advertising the bundle, and I doubt they would waste that much money to tie into advertisments on the ole tube for a short run product. That's just my 2cents.

I also saw four of these sitting on the shelf at BestBuy yesterday. If anyone has any product production numbers yet, then call them out, but I would assume there will be more on shelves soon.

I've came across my first problem, my red wireless controller keeps dissconnecting.. at first I thought maybe the batteries I bought were bad, so I ran down to a Walgreens and bought a pack of Energizers and it kept doing the same thing. It's getting really annoying especially when I'm playing something online.

[quote name='Warn3rv3']Yep, limited edition. Now it remains to be seen if it ends up like the MGS4 bundle for PS3 or if it just disappears into bidding hell on evilBay. If i can score one for around below MSRP im in. I've seen the at fixex prices for over $500.00....Time will tell. Maybe Dell will get more![/quote]

They still have some left at Newegg for MSRP/free shipping. That is about all I've ran across as of late.

Mine went back to BB, it kept freezing and doing weird crap. When the geek squad checked it, it went RROD. Luckily it did it now within the return period and I could get a full refund instead of dealing with shipping it back to MS.

The geek squad person was pretty cool about it since I had opened the game and redeemed the SSF2 code, they said don't worry about it since the console was crap. She told me that was the second out of twenty sold they had returned with RROD. Upsetting but not entirley unexpected.

That's interesting I have yet to see or hear of even 1 Jasper RROD case over the six months since they hit the street. Mine in fact is so much cooler than my old Elite. I can still turn on my old Elite even after repairs and it is night and day between the two. I do not have the RE5 360 but my buddy does and he concurs on the heat issue as well as quiter overall.

[quote name='Jtyettis']That's interesting I have yet to see or hear of even 1 Jasper RROD case over the six months since they hit the street. Mine in fact is so much cooler than my old Elite. I can still turn on my old Elite even after repairs and it is night and day between the two. I do not have the RE5 360 but my buddy does and he concurs on the heat issue as well as quiter overall.[/quote]

It was cooler and quieter than my Jasper Pro, but it started doing funky stuff that I was not going to put up with for $400. Look around the interweb, you'll find some RROD videos for the the new console.

So a progress report on my RE5 Elite...

I did have an unreadable error on my Halo Wars disc when I tried to launch it from the NXE menu the other day. I had left the game and went on XBL for awhile, and came back to play and it kept erroring out that the disc was unreadable (the disc is mint and it is installed on the HD). Turning off the console off/on did fix the issue though.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Amazon.ca still have some left. You can get it at the same price as Dell with the 20% off discount. They packed very well unlike Amazon.com.[/quote]
Too bad they don't ship to the US.

[quote name='Maizrim']The Best Buy in Greenville, NC has at least three of the bundles left if anyone is in the area.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll probably just ask my friend since she lives closeby.

Anyone else receive one with a crushed RE 5 case? Just got mine from Dell and the case was crushed and shattered on the bottom. Haven't opened the game yet. I'm worried the disc inside is mangled. The box for the console and for shipping look just fine. Lame. Will be called M$ tomorrow morning first thing.

Haven't noticed any other problems yet. I have a Falcon Pro and the Jasper is maybe barely quieter. Not much. I'm not too surprised since what I've read indicated as much. I'm mostly interested in the less heat and power part. Certainly quieter than my Zephyr Elite (I have a disease).

The red is certainly interesting. It matches my couch :)

edit: just ripped a game to the HD and this thing is much quieter than the Falcon Pro. That thing rattled and carried on like it was going to walk out the room. Still pretty loud but now it's more loud humming than loud leaf blower.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that many of the cases are broken because of how it's packaged. Mine was damaged at the top, but the disc was in perfect condition. I just went to gamestop and bought a replacement case (by buying Sneak King xbox360 for $0.99)

[quote name='oxidative']Anyone else receive one with a crushed RE 5 case? Just got mine from Dell and the case was crushed and shattered on the bottom. Haven't opened the game yet. I'm worried the disc inside is mangled. The box for the console and for shipping look just fine. Lame. Will be called M$ tomorrow morning first thing.

Haven't noticed any other problems yet. I have a Falcon Pro and the Jasper is maybe barely quieter. Not much. I'm not too surprised since what I've read indicated as much. I'm mostly interested in the less heat and power part. Certainly quieter than my Zephyr Elite (I have a disease).

edit: just ripped a game to the HD and this thing is much quieter than the Falcon Pro. That thing rattled and carried on like it was going to walk out the room. Still pretty loud but now it's more loud humming than loud leaf blower.[/QUOTE]

I also had a crushed RE5 case, got mine from Best Buy, I just brought in the receipt, the game and told them what happened, they had to open up another Limited Elite and give me one of those.. but it was a painless transaction none the less.. I upgraded from a release 360 Pro and to me it's seems quieter, not a little, but not a huge amount. very noticeable though. installing a game to the HDD brings the sound down ALOT more too, I like that feature just for the decrease in noise. The power block says it is about 53watts lower it seems.. from 203watts (I believe) to like 150watts.

I already had both SSF2THDRWTFFTWBBQOMG for the ps3 and RE5 for the ps3, so I traded those on Goozex and got Uncharted and....something else, I haven't decided what I want to spend the rest of my points on. haha.

[quote name='oxidative']Anyone else receive one with a crushed RE 5 case? Just got mine from Dell and the case was crushed and shattered on the bottom. Haven't opened the game yet. I'm worried the disc inside is mangled. The box for the console and for shipping look just fine. Lame. Will be called M$ tomorrow morning first thing.

edit: just ripped a game to the HD and this thing is much quieter than the Falcon Pro. That thing rattled and carried on like it was going to walk out the room. Still pretty loud but now it's more loud humming than loud leaf blower.[/quote]

agreed its more of a hum than a rattle, loud blowing!!

I love my new Red Elite but I have to say, it sounds just as loud to me as my refurb RROD replacement MS sent me a couple of years ago.
Thank God they let you install games to the HD now.

Just though I'd add my experience with the Resident Evil 5 Elite. I bought mine from buy.com since Amazon was out of stock. Got it the 23rd, and so far so good. The box was crushed a bit in two corners which didn't happen during shipping since the outer box was in perfect shape. The contents of the box were all fine except for the game. The case was crushed and badly broken but the disc was ok. I replaced the case with a spare I had.

The first time I copied Resident Evil 5 to the hard drive I got an error at about 50%. I took the disc out, it looked perfect but I wiped it down with a microfiber cloth and it loaded fine. I even deleted the game and copied it to the hard drive again and it worked. I guess the disc is fine, I haven't played the game since then. I don't know if the first error was something on the disc, or the fact I hadn't installed the update yet, which I did before loading it the second time.

I did notice that the drive did slow down a couple times while reading the disc at around the halfway point, is that normal or just a sign the drive is having trouble reading that spot? I guess if it's on the hard drive I shouldn't have any more problems.

This is my first Xbox 360 and it is quiet but still louder than my Playstation 3, still noise is not a problem.

I got my RE5 Elite bundle this week and had the same issue that many have had with the RE5 disc. Box was crushed and the disc wouldn't copy to the HDD. Errored out at 44% the 3 times I tried it. The game would actually play off the drive, but it makes this strange clicking sound like it's having trouble reading it every now and then. With the disc read error though, I figured it would crash at some point if I kept playing off the disc. I took the suggestion of others here and cleared my HDD cache, put the disc in, and after the update that it asked me to do the disc ended up reading and I was able to copy it to the HDD. It still made that weird clicking sound after the update, but it read it and copied it so I guess it's working.

Game takes 6GB if anyone is wondering. How jacked up is this crap? Geez

I'll add some feedback on this. I bought the unit through dell with the 20% coupon. Despite many other reports, mine actually got shipped from PA instead of CA ( I live in southern CA). So it took 5 working days via UPS ground and I got it on Tuesday. A couple wrinkles on the outside box from the transit but the RE5 bundle box was perfect inside. Finally had the chance to set it up today and RE5 installed just fine from the HD and everything is flawless thus far. Played a couple other games and seemed to be fine. The Liteon drive is definitely loud imo, I think it's louder than the samsung drive on my old 360 that I replaced with this. Also I figure it's a Jasper unit so I didn't think to put on the Nyko intercooler from before....and after about 1 hr of playing the top of the unit is luke warm whereas before with the nyko on the old unit, it stayed completely cool through hours of gaming. Keeping my fingers crossed, but thus far I'm happy with the purchase....red didn't look as bad as I imagined....and it does grow on you.

[quote name='The Void']
I did notice that the drive did slow down a couple times while reading the disc at around the halfway point, is that normal or just a sign the drive is having trouble reading that spot? I guess if it's on the hard drive I shouldn't have any more problems.
[/quote]

I don't think it should normally do that. I didn't watch closely the whole time it was copying the RE disc to the hard drive, but I don't recall the drive slowing down (seemed pretty uniform the whole time). I also never had any install errors (did it a few times just to test)

[quote name='Steve0Matic']
Game takes 6GB if anyone is wondering. How jacked up is this crap? Geez[/QUOTE]

Well, the game IS 6 gigs. What did you expect?
I'm shocked the thing isn't 8 gigs.

Be glad it isn't Metal Gear Solid 4, which Konami claims to be 50 gigs.
;)

[quote name='Zimmy']Well, the game IS 6 gigs. What did you expect?
I'm shocked the thing isn't 8 gigs.

Be glad it isn't Metal Gear Solid 4, which Konami claims to be 50 gigs.
;)[/quote]

I'm not sure what game size has to do with disc read errors really. Whether its 6,8,20GB, if it reads fine it's just a matter of time before it's done copying. What I meant what was jacked up is that so many of the bundle discs are having so many problems.

[quote name='bruceg']I don't think it should normally do that. I didn't watch closely the whole time it was copying the RE disc to the hard drive, but I don't recall the drive slowing down (seemed pretty uniform the whole time). I also never had any install errors (did it a few times just to test)[/quote]
Even after the update for me, when I was installing to my HDD my drive sped up and slowed down as well. I thought it was going to crap out again but it finished. It didn't sound right, but at least it finished. Count yourself lucky that your disc is fine.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']fucking got RROD on my re5 elite don't know what I should do- when I restarted it, it vanished.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...well at the least, play it heavily in the coming days/weeks. My Falcon has never had an error (but my older systems were flaky...)

[quote name='Bezerker'] 7% EPP Discount and 4% DPA discounts stack as well.[/quote]

Link, possibly? I'm not familiar with the EPP and DPA discounts or what either of those acronyms actually stand for.

[quote name='fidgeteer']Link, possibly? I'm not familiar with the EPP and DPA discounts or what either of those acronyms actually stand for.[/quote]

Ditto here.

N.gif

[quote name='brian101']Is this bundle being replaced with the Halo 3/Fable 2 Elite Bundle? I hope not...[/quote]
Ditto on that one. Online I have rarely seen the console sold at MSRP as of late, with only Buy.com the only online store I've seen that still sells the console.

That sucks the "new" elite is replacing the RE5 elite...I've heard those "new" elites are old non-Jasper elites manufactured last summer.

[quote name='brian101']Is this bundle being replaced with the Halo 3/Fable 2 Elite Bundle? I hope not...[/QUOTE]

I thought I read somewhere that the Elites would be released as special editions, so its possible that one bundle will replace another, then replace another, etc.

bread's done
Back