Resident Evil: Afterlife Blu-ray SteelBook (Walmart, USA & Future Shop, Canada) - $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Title says it all.

:br: Resident Evil: Afterlife (Walmart Exclusive SteelBook Packaging) Single-Disc Blu-ray

Price: $19.96 (May Vary by Regional)
UPC: TBA
Available: In-Store Only
Release Date: December 28, 2010
Store Hour: 8:00am - 11:00am
Super Walmart: 24 Hours

Credit to Walmart Employee who recently got early copies of Resident Evil: Afterlife Blu-ray in SteelBook packaging. Same artwork as Future Shop, but the only differences is the cardboard packaging.

19111_medium.jpg

Warning: Hi-Resolution

img1595oi.jpg

EDIT: Price is $19.96~$19.99 varies by Regional

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone that has the best buy edition post an unboxing? I would like to see how the cases or discs are held in the case. The one by me didn't have the set out yet. Walmart had one of the steelbooks and the steelbooks for the other 4 were sold out.

[quote name='sendme']can anyone that has the best buy edition post an unboxing? I would like to see how the cases or discs are held in the case. The one by me didn't have the set out yet. Walmart had one of the steelbooks and the steelbooks for the other 4 were sold out.[/quote]
this

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Getting the sku. Then they'd look it up and tell you whether or not they have it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Does anybody know the item, sku or upc #?[/QUOTE]

Was wondering the same thing as I called my WM and I know they didn't bother looking it up in the system or in the back.

If anyone has it please PM me thanks.

I got the UPC # from eBay.

[quote name='UPC']043396366114[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for alternative #. Product ID # is the most important part that triggers faster result without headaches.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Are the cases slim or regular?[/QUOTE]

I believe that they are regular sized. There's a pic posted on bluray.com

img0838ya.jpg

Thanks to Shin @ bluray.com

It's a piece of garbage imo so spare yourself and just get the 3D or the SB.

I expected more from the case at best buy. I never would have thought it was just a slip case to keep all 4 movies in.

[quote name='sendme']I expected more from the case at best buy. I never would have thought it was just a slip case to keep all 4 movies in.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I thought the case was pretty cheap. You'd think they would have come up with something better. I was expecting a gun case that opened up with the discs inside.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Wal-mart breaking Street dates! BTW, do anyone know if the 3D version also come with 2D Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]

no.. the 3d and 2d are two different releases.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Are there any extras on the Blu-Ray at any of the 3 locations (BB, WM, Tar) or did they pull an Avatar?[/QUOTE]

the extra's are the same in all releases... however it does say it does have a VUDU copy or something on it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']no.. the 3d and 2d are two different releases.[/QUOTE]

The 3d version should be able to play 2d with a standard bluray player. It will say on the back of the box. Like Moster House 3d on the back of the box says (2d and 3d).

Edit: From Amazon, "This Blu-ray disc will display only in 2D without special hardware."

[quote name='ITDEFX']no.. the 3d and 2d are two different releases.[/QUOTE]

I could have swore reading some where the 3D version also came with the 2D, DVD and Digital Copy. I guess I was getting spoiled from Disney too much.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The 3d version should be able to play 2d with a standard bluray player. It will say on the back of the box. Like Moster House 3d on the back of the box says (2d and 3d).

Edit: From Amazon, "This Blu-ray disc will display only in 2D without special hardware."[/QUOTE]

so........buying the 3d version on a non 3dbr player/non 3dtv will cause it to play it in regular 2d without being blurry (since you need the glasses?)..hmm..

[quote name='SuperJedi']Wow yo guys walmart all breaking street dates? I wish mine did! Don't want to drive out during Midnight![/QUOTE]

I went today and mine has not broken the street date. Yet the BB across the street had it out (reg and 3D) out. I told the lady at WM and she was like we'll it says the 28th.

The best way to call them is the night before closing. I'm sure they know what I'm asking for before opening. I want to hear this line, "Yes we do have it". Finger crossed.

I don't want to waste a trip today to see if they broke street date...I'll hit them up tomorrow at lunch time and hope that they have it on the shelf.

Picked up my SteelBook today from Walmart, they had about forty of them out plus a ton of the 3D version. Picked through them to find one without any dings. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

stupid question......the 3d release...is it like that movie my bloody valentine 3d where it came with glasses? or is it made for 3d tvs? i told you it was a stupid question lol

Haven't seen this in theaters but have the first 3 movies already - so most likely will grab this.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Wallah, I got the Product ID # from Walmart Staff.[/QUOTE]

I just had to chuckle, sorry.

[quote name='buffdrew84']stupid question......the 3d release...is it like that movie my bloody valentine 3d where it came with glasses? or is it made for 3d tvs? i told you it was a stupid question lol[/QUOTE]

made for 3d tv's.

I checked two Wal-Marts.. both had the DVD, Blu steelbook and 3D versions out (I was looking for the first three & degeneration steelbooks.. they had them not long ago, no luck today).. Best Buy also had this out. As I mentioned earlier, I did pick up the steelbook. EXTREMELY disappointed with Best Buy's 4 pack case. I thought it'd be something special.

Can't wait to watch this tomorrow morning!

I would pick this up if the movie was watchable, i enjoyed 1-3 but this one was awful and i refuse to buy a steelbook for the sake of owning it.

[quote name='styl3s']I would pick this up if the movie was watchable, i enjoyed 1-3 but this one was awful and i refuse to buy a steelbook for the sake of owning it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think this one was that bad. I always thought the second one was the worst of the bunch.

[quote name='buffdrew84']That's weird cause coraline for example came with glasses so thats what i thought here. Oh well no 3d tv for me.[/QUOTE]

There were only a few movies released that way. It's not true 3D. Coraline is getting re-released for use with 3DTV's.

http://www.amazon.com/Coraline-Blu-ray-3D/dp/B004BLTNJI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293496910&sr=8-1

From what I understand, if you're planning on getting a 3DTV in the future, you can go ahead and get the 3D version.. it'll display in regular 2D on your TV. 3DTV is just.. not for me.

[quote name='buffdrew84']stupid question......the 3d release...is it like that movie my bloody valentine 3d where it came with glasses? or is it made for 3d tvs? i told you it was a stupid question lol[/QUOTE]

Its meant for the 3D TV's/3D Blu-Ray players....but as others have stated, it includes the 2D version for those of us without the 3D equipment.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its meant for the 3D TV's/3D Blu-Ray players....but as others have stated, it includes the 2D version for those of us without the 3D equipment.[/QUOTE]

pointless to own though if you dont have and dont plan on getting a 3d tv anytime soon. its still too early for that technology, plus most movies in 3d, the 3d sucks anyway

[quote name='buffdrew84']pointless to own though if you dont have and dont plan on getting a 3d tv anytime soon. its still too early for that technology, plus most movies in 3d, the 3d sucks anyway[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you.

Wow, my local Walmart was sold out or the CSR was lazy.

The space for new RE was empty and they only had the 3D Blu.

Unfortunately I am not picking this SOB up unless its a Steelbook.

Ok, I'm done trying to find the steelbooks for the first 3 movies. Went to 3 freaking walmarts and they didn't know what the fuck I was talking about. God damn it this is why I hate walmart...they don't know what the fuck goes on in their own departments.
..so I am ordering from amazon the trilogy pack now :|

My Wal-Mart had them out in 2 seperate places (1 near one of the 2 front doors, the other display was in electronics). The ones in electronics had dings and dents but the ones near the front were all pristine. :)

They didn't have very many left either.

My walmart had 20 copies. Bought 3 pristine copies and left. Then went to target to pickup sound of music digibook and expendables w/ pm for $9.99 from BB instead of $12.99 as advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back