Resident Evil: Afterlife Blu-ray SteelBook (Walmart, USA & Future Shop, Canada) - $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Title says it all.

:br: Resident Evil: Afterlife (Walmart Exclusive SteelBook Packaging) Single-Disc Blu-ray

Price: $19.96 (May Vary by Regional)
UPC: TBA
Available: In-Store Only
Release Date: December 28, 2010
Store Hour: 8:00am - 11:00am
Super Walmart: 24 Hours

Credit to Walmart Employee who recently got early copies of Resident Evil: Afterlife Blu-ray in SteelBook packaging. Same artwork as Future Shop, but the only differences is the cardboard packaging.

19111_medium.jpg

Warning: Hi-Resolution

img1595oi.jpg

EDIT: Price is $19.96~$19.99 varies by Regional

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guyver2077']why is everyone picking up so many copies?[/QUOTE]

to sell them on ebay/amazon duh... the RE steelbooks are becoming harder to find these days :(

I'm glad people mentioned the copies also being up front. There were none in the electronics area at my store. All sold out there. The employees back there didn't even know what I was talking about. Happened to remember people talking about the stands up front and there were 3 left. I normally wouldn't spend this much on a sub-par film but since I had the others in steelbook I had to have this one in steelbook.

I don't really care for steelbooks unlike some of you *ducks bullets* but I was really contimplating getting this or the 3d version. Ultimately $5 less is $5 less, so I just went ahead with the steelbook for $15.

None in stock the walmart by my work as of lunchtime, I looked everywhere and didn't even see a DVD copy or anything. They must've had some real slow asses stocking today because I did happen to see a few boxes that had yet to be unpacked. *sighs* Guess I'll try again tomorrow...

Picked up 2 - noticed most had dents above or below the opening that you "pull apart" to open the SB. Looked like a manufacturing issue?

This store got maybe 15 in at most

Found a couple that were perfect so it was a good morning

The problem I see with steelbooks are the lack of barcode information on the back of the item...without the paper copy, if it turns out it is defective...your pretty much screwed as walmart will think it's not from them, even if you did buy it from them.

I'll just copy/paste my post from blu-ray.com.

Tried calling two stores to see if they had it before I drove to them (there's still a lot of snow here). The cs rep at the first store wouldn't look it up via UPC or Product ID # and transferred me to electronics...where nobody picked up. Called the second store, asked the cs rep if I could give them the UPC and Product ID # to look it up and I was flat out told "No"...and then transferred to electronics where someone picked up. I again asked if I could give them the UPC/Product ID, not given an answer to my question and instead asked what I was looking for, then put on hold for 10 minutes without anyone ever coming back.

So I took a drive to one of the stores before closing time (I work late usually) and didn't find anything. Asked an employee, he then proceeded to show me where the blu-rays were (when I told him I had already look and asked him if there were any in the back).

Am I surprised? Not really. I tried making it easy for them.

Hopefully I'm able to find this in a store (even though the closest Wal-Marts are all 20 minutes away).

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I'll just copy/paste my post from blu-ray.com.

Tried calling two stores to see if they had it before I drove to them (there's still a lot of snow here). The cs rep at the first store wouldn't look it up via UPC or Product ID # and transferred me to electronics...where nobody picked up. Called the second store, asked the cs rep if I could give them the UPC and Product ID # to look it up and I was flat out told "No"...and then transferred to electronics where someone picked up. I again asked if I could give them the UPC/Product ID, not given an answer to my question and instead asked what I was looking for, then put on hold for 10 minutes without anyone ever coming back.

So I took a drive to one of the stores before closing time (I work late usually) and didn't find anything. Asked an employee, he then proceeded to show me where the blu-rays were (when I told him I had already look and asked him if there were any in the back).

Am I surprised? Not really. I tried making it easy for them.

Hopefully I'm able to find this in a store (even though the closest Wal-Marts are all 20 minutes away).[/QUOTE]

This is how I rate retail employees in the electronics department

Good
-Best Buy

Ok
-Target

fucking retarded 'no speka engish'
-WALMART :bomb:

I have yet to encounter one walmart employee who knows everything about their electronics department. The only help you will get is getting the item out of the locked case...but even that requires calling the other mindless workers to find out who has the keys.

In other words unless someone is lucky to have kept their receipt from when the other 3 steelbooks were out, we may have to a bit of trouble finding these.

I have tomorrow off from work and I think I get paid with our offices being closed friday. So I'm going to check to see if I can find this and the first 4 some place in the St. Louis area on the IL side. I know one store does not have them but I can always check out 4 others. If not maybe a CAG that has the first 4 at a walmart would be willing to pick them up and ship them to me for a little more than cost.

ZxT - OMG! that looks awesome!! I wish I could/would drop the cash for that, but already having the trilogy box set on BD just doesn't make it seem right..I can't believe I didn't see those on the shelf..

Gave the trilogy box set + degeneration to my sis, whose a bigger RE movie fan than I am.

Picked up the 4 Steelbooks when they came out.

Last night around 6pm, I searched and searched my Walmart for it, and found the last Steelbook copy in the new release shelf behind other stuff. I didn't even see 3D or normal copies lying around.

[quote name='token2k6']ZxT - OMG! that looks awesome!! I wish I could/would drop the cash for that, but already having the trilogy box set on BD just doesn't make it seem right..I can't believe I didn't see those on the shelf..[/QUOTE]

What is sad is I bought the Trilogy box set the day Extinction came out and still got them when I saw they were available.

My love of :br: steelbooks & the cheap price when Wal-Mart first got them ($15 ea) made me double dip. Kind of glad I did. I scanned ebay the other day and they went up a bit in price. :D

The Wal-Mart I went to last night had 25 copies in stock. I was pretty surprised since I usually have difficulties finding Wal-Mart exclusives.

Found the steelbooks for Afterlife at my local Walmart hidden away on the side of an endcap. Had to look for awhile before I found them. Wouldn't mind picking up the steelbook for the first movie as well but I doubt I'll be able to find it.

Grabbed one of the last two steelbooks at my local Wal-Mart. While I'm a big RE fan, I never got around to seeing this movie when it was in theaters. After watching it last night, I have to say...

I wanted to turn the movie off during the first 10-15 minutes...until I realized that the only purpose of that scene was to undo all the horrible decisions they had made in the past two movies. It was like watching someone wake up after a long night of drinking and hear them say "I did what? What the hell was I thinking???" In one fell swoop not only did they erase the fact that Alice had become so powerful that nothing could threaten her...but also the ridiculously misguided decision to make 500 copies of her. I had to pinch myself to make sure I hadn't nodded off when I actually grew concerned for Alice's well-being as the movie progressed.

It was probably the closest thing to a reboot without completely starting over, and is therefore the smartest thing the series has done since the original. I actually enjoyed the rest of the movie and find myself honestly looking forward to the next one (which obviously there will be another). I just have one question...who told Paul W.S. Anderson to do this? Because there's no way in hell he came up with the idea on his own.

My Walmart does not even carry any of the other movies. Picked up Afterlife today. Do not throw away the shrink wrap. The Digital Copy code is on the back of the Vudu sticker.

[quote name='jaydepps']My Walmart does not even carry any of the other movies. Picked up Afterlife today. Do not throw away the shrink wrap. The Digital Copy code is on the back of the Vudu sticker.[/QUOTE]

:wall: OH fuck ME!!! :|

Damn it I forgot about them doing that with them stickers. I remember that being the case with a free ticket to see Predators.

EDIT: glad mine was sitting on the top of the trash.

EDIT 2: WOW did not know I would have to sign up to 2 acounts. One for Boxee and one for Vudu. Then download a program to use to log into the vudu account then be able to watch the movie only for it to be in SD. I have to say after seeing the movie in HD and part of it in SD I can see why I no longer buy DVDs unless that is the only format they are on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to instal on the PS3 later just incase I'm to lazy to get up and get the disc if I want to watch the movie. The biggest issues I have with this is the fact that it is only in SD and I can not have it on my phone as they don't have an app for the droid yet.

Hell this would be better than the download codes that come with movies if I could just download the program and watch when and where I want as long as I can log in.

Oh well guess I should stop bitching about it seeing how it is all free.

snagged my copy at WM today.

price matched to Ultimate Electronics for $15.95 and then used the $5 off coupon for $10.95 + tax out the door

I picked up an extra afterlife steelbook, sealed, excellent condition. Anyone wanna trade for one of the others? I have apocalypse steelbook, not none of the others.

Sendme,
If you don't mind the drive to South County, the Walmart on Telegraph and 270/255 right next to JB Bridge had a few of these left when I went by there at 7 p.m. last night. They were on the side of the main rack with the rest of the new releases.

I was at a Wal-Mart today in Bristol, PA and they had at least 30 "Afterlife" steels and about 5-7 of the other 4 steels in the series.

HEHE...so I found another walmart with several RE:Afterlife steelbooks...bought another one. As far as I could tell all the walmarts I have been to are completely sold out of the SB for the other movies :(

[quote name='Mako1215']Tons of steelbooks at my wal-mart here in KY.

Why are you guys buying multiple copies?[/QUOTE]

Because some people who are going to mega flip them...but honestly from what I have seen, the average ebay price is 30 bucks. :|

[quote name='ITDEFX']Because some people who are going to mega flip them...but honestly from what I have seen, the average ebay price is 30 bucks. :|[/QUOTE]

Yea I see it's about 30ish now. I figured these were too mass produced for it be worth a lot.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is there an IPhone app for Vudu?[/QUOTE]

Thought I saw on the site that their was one.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sendme,
If you don't mind the drive to South County, the Walmart on Telegraph and 270/255 right next to JB Bridge had a few of these left when I went by there at 7 p.m. last night. They were on the side of the main rack with the rest of the new releases.[/QUOTE]

I have all of them now after an order on amazon for the first 4. Was able to pick the newest one up at Glen Carbon IL Walmart.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Because some people who are going to mega flip them...but honestly from what I have seen, the average ebay price is 30 bucks. :|[/QUOTE]

Hardly ever happens unless the case goes OOP. The most you'll flip it for is usually $10 although sometimes you get lucky. If you shop around, you can find most steel's for close to retail.

[quote name='skiizim']I don't really care for steelbooks unlike some of you *ducks bullets* but I was really contimplating getting this or the 3d version. Ultimately $5 less is $5 less, so I just went ahead with the steelbook for $15.[/QUOTE]

how were you getting it for 15?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just opened my copy today. flipped over the insert ad and what do I see? FIVE DOLLAR COUPON!!! then i (cpr incoming...)[/QUOTE]

what was the coupon for? also, what is the coupon on the front of the package for? i have yet to go to walmart.

[quote name='Animal7390']what was the coupon for? also, what is the coupon on the front of the package for? i have yet to go to walmart.[/QUOTE]
Its a Manufacturer Coupon! All retailers are suppose to take these that has two generic barcodes. Not available/redeemable at online. It must be original, no photocopy, and not may be combined with any other offer or discount.

Save $5 Instantly when you buy:

The Other Guys
Grown Ups
Eat Pray Love
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Salt
The Karate Kid
Justified (1/25/11)
The Virginity Hit (1/18/11)

...on DVD or Blu-ray.

Offer Valid 12/21/10 - 3/31/11.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its a Manufacturer Coupon! All retailers are suppose to take these that has two generic barcodes. Not available/redeemable at online. It must be original, no photocopy, and not may be combined with any other offer or discount.

Save $5 Instantly when you buy:

The Other Guys
Grown Ups
Eat Pray Love
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Salt
The Karate Kid
Justified (1/25/11)
The Virginity Hit (1/18/11)

...on DVD or Blu-ray.

Offer Valid 12/21/10 - 3/31/11.[/QUOTE]

that the one inside or outside?