Resident Evil Archives Volume 1/2 Bundle (Reprint of 1) Preorder $26.39 at Amazon

lol when did they make volume 2. ive had the first archives since day 1. As a video game collector, and by proxy all thigns video game related, i couldnt bring myself to sell my volume 1. But now that i know theres a volume 2, ill have to find that itself. Or just get volume 1 and II and keep my original volume 1 anyway. YEa ill just wait for the volume 2s to flood in at cheap prices so ic an have both separately

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']lol when did they make volume 2. ive had the first archives since day 1. As a video game collector, and by proxy all thigns video game related, i couldnt bring myself to sell my volume 1. But now that i know theres a volume 2, ill have to find that itself. Or just get volume 1 and II and keep my original volume 1 anyway. YEa ill just wait for the volume 2s to flood in at cheap prices so ic an have both separately[/QUOTE]

I'm sure people will pay $20 for a reprint of Volume 1, so you could buy the bundle and just sell Volume 1. Just a suggestion, as I haven't seen Vol 2 drop past $15 in the last 10 months.

Have had the first one on the shelf for a while. Good stuff, fun to look at for RE fans. Almost ordered 2 but wasn't sure how much would be repeated content. Maybe if Archives 2 individual gets a further price drop I'll finally do that. Obviously a good deal here though for newcomers.

[quote name='H22A']Have had the first one on the shelf for a while. Good stuff, fun to look at for RE fans. Almost ordered 2 but wasn't sure how much would be repeated content. Maybe if Archives 2 individual gets a further price drop I'll finally do that. Obviously a good deal here though for newcomers.[/QUOTE]

Archives Vol 1 was printed in 2005, it covers most (if not all) of the games prior to then. I do not own Vol 1 yet so I am unsure as to the exact content.

Vol 2 covers RE4, 5, Chronicles, and I think Degeneration. I did not look through mine in depth before returning it to get the bundle.

As such I doubt there is much duplicate content, Vol 2 was not a revision or a reprint, it was the next volume in the series.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Looks like there will be a delay judging from the email I got from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

i havent got an email on it but its still up for preorder despite the release date passing

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Looks like there will be a delay judging from the email I got from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I got the same email as well this morning.

[quote name='shrike4242']Release date is showing as next week, the 30th.[/QUOTE]

Believe it when I see it, but here's hoping.

I canceled my order and stopped trying to unload vol 1, since i figured it wasn't coming out anytime soon and not worth the hassle.

You are now connected to Susan from Amazon.com.
Me:was this item delayed again or is it still slated to ship monday?
Susan:Hello, my name is Susan. I hope you're doing well. I am very sorry that your order was delayed once. I'll be happy to help you.
Please let me check on the estimate delivery date for your order.
th order you need information about is the , correct?
Me:correct
the item is resident evil archives 1 and 2 bundle
Susan:Oh, I see. I was checking on th information, and I can see that the estimate delivery date was delayed on the order, and now it is from Nov 1, 2012 - Nov 3, 2012. this could be due to the release day of this item that was also delayed.
Me:that is the current release date
im asking if it has been delayed further
as i tend not to receive delay notifications
Susan:Not at all, this is the last information that we have regarding your estimate delivery date.

This is very odd about the delay notifications. The first time I received a notification I thought it could have been some sort of scam. In the past I have received a few scam emails from people claiming to be Amazon. I'm going to keep my current preorder just to see what happens.

It will probably be as effective as trying to do brain surgery with a shotgun but I sent Brady Games a tweet trying to find out what the deal is about this.

Weird how they are giving everyone different dates. I found it odd when I got it at as well and thought it was out of stock and I missed the preorder quota. But it was never released and now stuck in limbo!

I just got an email update with a new delivery estimate of December 05, 2012 - January 04, 2013. Disappointing if true but oh well.

i didnt get that email but its no longer listed for preorder and is now for sale with this caveat

Usually ships within 1 to 3 months.

pushed cs to give me a straight answer and i dont think i got one in the end

You are now connected to Sai Srinivas from Amazon.com.
Me:Is there a shipping issue with this item?
Sai Srinivas:Hello, my name is Sai. I'll be happy to help you today.
Are you referring to the order for "Resident Evil Archives I and II Bundle"?
Me:yes
Sai Srinivas:I checked the item details on our website and see that it is listed on our website as "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months".
When such an alert is shown on the website regarding the availability of the item, it means that the item is not readily available but we will contact the publisher and receive copies after an order is placed.
Me:where does that leave us with pending preorders on the item?
as my delivery estimate still states thursday-saturday of this week
Sai Srinivas:Could you please be on hold on for a minute or two while I look into this for you?
Me:sure
Sai Srinivas:Thanks for being on hold.
I've checked the availability for the book and can confirm that it's now back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay, we certainly didn't expect this would happen.
Me:so as stated where does that leave people that have active preorders on the item and are thus 1st in line
Sai Srinivas:I understand your concern, . Please understand that as a retailer we need to depend on our suppliers for the items and such rare delay in the delivery estimates happen.
Me:you have yet to give me an answer
Sai Srinivas:I'm sorry, I can't assure you about the correct estimated delivery date for the order, we'll try our best to get the item faster and ship it out to be delivered to the customers.
Me:that still doesnt explain why im still supposed to receive the item this week if its backordered
Sai Srinivas:I understand your concern, please allow me to explain.
We fulfill the orders on a first-come first-serve basis. Since your order is on priority, the estimated delivery date is shown as such. We ship the item immediately after we get it from our suppliers.
If there's a delay, we will update it via an e-mail.
Me:so can i expect to not experience a delay?
as ive seen numerous delay times for this item from other consumers varying from November to indefinite while mine has seen 0 delays?
Sai Srinivas:We still expect that the item will be available to be delivered to you. So, there's no update to your order till now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed my order Oct 10th, and just got my shipping notice, so they should be going out soon for all early pre-orders.

I got mine just now. Very weird as I was expecting one combined archive book and they are actually both of the archives that came sealed and look identical to the original archives right down to the color scheme. The ONLY difference is a single sheet on the back that says the complete resident evil archives collection including archives I and II. That's it! Maybe the publishing date or something in the inside says second printing, but to the naked eye it looks identical so for those wanting an Archives I and missed out on it, this looks exactly the same.

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 11, 2012 (Order# XXX-XXXXXXXXX):

BradyGames "Resident Evil Archives I and II Bundle"
Estimated arrival date: December 06, 2012 - January 05, 2013

Mine hasn't shipped yet....I ordered it a while ago but had to cancel and replace it due to getting promo credit. I so want this set...but it's good to know they are shipping them out so hopefully I'll get it soon.

That's the polite email they give before cancellations come in.
Happened to most people in the Amano artbook Final Fantasy thread where they oversold the book.

That one was truly limited though. Not sure about this.

I placed mine Oct 10th says "shipping soon"

Delivery Estimate: Thursday November 1, 2012 - Saturday November 3, 2012

Tomorrow is Nov 3rd and it hasn't shipped yet.. :(

gonna do some more back and forth with cs as brady has outright stated that amazon is dragging their feet

i seriously want to track down these reps and do harm to them at this point

ok if your item hasnt shipped dont expect it to looks like there is a looming issue between bradygames and amazon

that being said i got a free upgrade to 1 day shipping and was told this will now delay your item until january by the supervisor

SERIOUSLY WTF AMAZON

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordVila']Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 11, 2012 (Order# XXX-XXXXXXXXX):

Estimated arrival date: December 06, 2012 - January 05, 2013[/QUOTE]

I ordered my set on October 21st and got the same e-mail. :(

Got that email. Big fuck up by amazon here. But im not in a rush for it and the 27 bux not a big deal. Just they better make sure screw ups like this don't happen often.

i had the "estimated ship date - dec - jan" email, and then i got one yesterday saying it was changed to nov. 6. today now i recieve an email saying it was shipped... guess thats good for me. =]

I guess everyone is getting different dates by when they ordered? I got this today:

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 10, 2012 (Order# xxxxx)
Estimated arrival date: November 06, 2012

Like I stated yesterday, I got mine and it was both Archives reproduced with the only difference being a single sheet on the back of the sealed books stating it was the complete archives. Nothing new on RE6 or anything?

[quote name='Tarskidx']Like I stated yesterday, I got mine and it was both Archives reproduced with the only difference being a single sheet on the back of the sealed books stating it was the complete archives. Nothing new on RE6 or anything?[/QUOTE]

So the same BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL errors found in Vol 1 in this one?

[quote name='barrit']I guess everyone is getting different dates by when they ordered? I got this today:

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 10, 2012 (Order# xxxxx)
Estimated arrival date: November 06, 2012[/QUOTE]

Mines changed to Shipping Soon and I ordered 1 day after your's. Est Delivery Date Nov 1-3

[quote name='aznkids2005']Mines changed to Shipping Soon and I ordered 1 day after your's. Est Delivery Date Nov 1-3[/QUOTE]

Just checked and mine's been switched to Shipping Soon as well

mine is shipping soon but listed as end of december

seriously i dont think amazon even knows what they are saying/doing sometimes

[quote name='aznkids2005']Mines changed to Shipping Soon and I ordered 1 day after your's. Est Delivery Date Nov 1-3[/QUOTE]

Yea, you're right. Checked mine and it reads the same. I guess they are for real this time lol

[quote name='cjenvy']mine is shipping soon but listed as end of december

seriously i dont think amazon even knows what they are saying/doing sometimes[/QUOTE]
Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade?????? :drool:

[quote name='k1ngster']Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade?????? :drool:
[/QUOTE]

bs ban because a guy sent a collectors edition in a manilla envelope and it it got destroyed and/or lost in transit

and i just got a shipped notification saying ill get it tomorrow thanks to my bitching at cs getting me that one day shipping

guy who already received are the pub dates the same as the originals or not?

[quote name='ITDEFX']So the same BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL errors found in Vol 1 in this one?[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this as well. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='LordVila']Hello,

Estimated arrival date: December 06, 2012 - January 05, 2013[/QUOTE]

Just received shipment notification with an estimated arrival date of November 06.

bread's done
Back