Resident Evil Archives Volume 1/2 Bundle (Reprint of 1) Preorder $26.39 at Amazon

[quote name='Tarskidx']Yes, it looks to be the same as it appears to be a reprint. What errors did you want me to verify?[/QUOTE]

so it is a reprint and not the original run then

[quote name='cjenvy']so it is a reprint and not the original run then[/QUOTE]

The original run of Volume 1 has been out of print and sold out for at least 2-3 years if not longer.

before i read these can anyone give me some background on the dates at the bottom of the books (assuming its just what part of the timeline they cover but if that's the case is there no RE activity in that 2 year gap)

Looked at the item info again, says it is in stock for shipping from amazon, but order was still saying December/Jan. Called amazon, rep upgraded me to free overnight shipping and the status updated. It'll be here tomorrow according to the info it shows. YAY!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Looked at the item info again, says it is in stock for shipping from amazon, but order was still saying December/Jan. Called amazon, rep upgraded me to free overnight shipping and the status updated. It'll be here tomorrow according to the info it shows. YAY![/QUOTE]

yeah i think amazon just fucked something up on the tech side with this one but yeah free overnight is awesome

still need my question answered if anyone knows

Just got mine... shipped in a box with no side padding, so the corners are dinged up. I remember the days when Amazon knew how to pack items.:whistle2:?

I really wish they had just made this into one giant book, instead of wrapping the two together.

[quote name='Vinny']Just got mine... shipped in a box with no side padding, so the corners are dinged up. I remember the days when Amazon knew how to pack items.:whistle2:?

I really wish they had just made this into one giant book, instead of wrapping the two together.[/QUOTE]

That would have been a lot nicer overall. My theory is they had a lot of Volume 2 left because they printed a lot more as to not run out like they did with Vol 1. As such they reprinted just Vol 1 and grouped it with Vol 2 to "force" people who may own Vol 2 to buy the bundle to get Vol 1, thus decreasing stock of Vol 2.

[quote name='Vinny']Just got mine... shipped in a box with no side padding, so the corners are dinged up. I remember the days when Amazon knew how to pack items.:whistle2:?

I really wish they had just made this into one giant book, instead of wrapping the two together.[/QUOTE]

Mine came the same way, and one of the corners was ripped. Requested a replacement.

Mine came finally came in. Had 2 other books with it so it got packaged in a bigger box, no dings/dmg. For the price I don't mind them wrapping two individual books together.

My order came in a few days ago, packaged well enough that there was no damage to either book. It's a pretty sweet deal for $26, and I like the series enough to feel that this was a good purchase. :)

Didnt know about this, Im getting this just because i believe the art and read will be better than RE5 and RE6 put together. I need some type of RE thing to enjoy this year... lol

I am bit disappointed that this shipped as two separate books. Looks like they wanted to clear stock on Archives 2 or something.

I am glad I kept my original print Archives 1, the back cover is different so you can tell the reprint from the original.

[quote name='MrBoss']I am bit disappointed that this shipped as two separate books. Looks like they wanted to clear stock on Archives 2 or something.

I am glad I kept my original print Archives 1, the back cover is different so you can tell the reprint from the original.[/QUOTE]

I'm just happy they reprinted it. Better than paying so much for the first. They need to do a reprint of the Phoenix Wright book sometime.

I'm disappointed in these books. I want more concept and original art and less screenshots from the games. Many concept art pictures are thumbnail size. Way too tiny to thoroughly enjoy the details. There are a lot of repeated text which is just a waste. Some of the writing is just bad and cheesey. http://residentevil.wikia.com/Resident_Evil_Wiki probably has more in-depth story details.

These "Archive" books are just enhanced game instruction manuals. I'd return it if it cost me anything, but I was very fortunate that Amazon messed up somewhere. Check out a copy at Barnes before you make your purchase.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Yes, it looks to be the same as it appears to be a reprint. What errors did you want me to verify?[/QUOTE]

The whole Biohazard/Resident Evil..........looks like someone got lazy and told word/indesign to Find and replace all Biohazard with RE and so on. I found that pretty quick when I first read it.

[quote name='tempbast']I'm disappointed in these books. I want more concept and original art and less screenshots from the games. Many concept art pictures are thumbnail size. Way too tiny to thoroughly enjoy the details. There are a lot of repeated text which is just a waste. Some of the writing is just bad and cheesey. http://residentevil.wikia.com/Resident_Evil_Wiki probably has more in-depth story details.

These "Archive" books are just enhanced game instruction manuals. I'd return it if it cost me anything, but I was very fortunate that Amazon messed up somewhere. Check out a copy at Barnes before you make your purchase.[/QUOTE]

It's really that bad? I ordered it for artworks, not glorified instruction manual. From the item description, it says it has a comprehensive collection of characters and enemies etc. Can someone else pitch in their opinion? I'm not buying this as a collectible, but rather reference material to read/refresh the earlier Resident Evil story lines.

[quote name='Serpentor']It's really that bad? I ordered it for artworks, not glorified instruction manual. From the item description, it says it has a comprehensive collection of characters and enemies etc. Can someone else pitch in their opinion? I'm not buying this as a collectible, but rather reference material to read/refresh the earlier Resident Evil story lines.[/QUOTE]

as tempbast has noted, there's definitely not a lot of art in it - at least art that you've never seen before. i'd say it's a detailed synopsis of each resident evil wtih screenshots to move the text along combined with what you would likely see as an index of monsters, characters, and items within a strategy guide.

it's not bad, but it's not great either. i say go to the wiki if you want to save $26 and are not a big collector of videogame "literature".

[quote name='Serpentor']It's really that bad? I ordered it for artworks, not glorified instruction manual. From the item description, it says it has a comprehensive collection of characters and enemies etc. Can someone else pitch in their opinion? I'm not buying this as a collectible, but rather reference material to read/refresh the earlier Resident Evil story lines.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what it is. I had Archives 1 for awhile and it recaps each story with (small) screenshots of the cutscenes for the first section. Second section is information about every character in the game with at least 1 picture (more and larger ones for more important characters) of the character. Third section is enemies, same deal as characters. Then there's a concept art section for each game (including one for RE 1.5). Next is a transcript of every single file in the games. Then there's a section about the events and organizations (like background info on STARS) and the viruses. And at the end is a list (using a small font and image size) of every single item across the games.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The whole Biohazard/Resident Evil..........looks like someone got lazy and told word/indesign to Find and replace all Biohazard with RE and so on. I found that pretty quick when I first read it.[/QUOTE]

Some errors have been fixed. My original archives copy had the Adder entry in enemies cut off mid section. Other errors are still there, in the Keyword section under STARS, Forest Speyer is still listed as Forest Spire.

[quote name='chosen_one_13']That's pretty much what it is. I had Archives 1 for awhile and it recaps each story with (small) screenshots of the cutscenes for the first section. Second section is information about every character in the game with at least 1 picture (more and larger ones for more important characters) of the character. Third section is enemies, same deal as characters. Then there's a concept art section for each game (including one for RE 1.5). Next is a transcript of every single file in the games. Then there's a section about the events and organizations (like background info on STARS) and the viruses. And at the end is a list (using a small font and image size) of every single item across the games.[/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty sweet, thanks for the breakdown.

[quote name='chosen_one_13']Some errors have been fixed. My original archives copy had the Adder entry in enemies cut off mid section. Other errors are still there, in the Keyword section under STARS, Forest Speyer is still listed as Forest Spire.[/QUOTE]
:wall::wall::wall:

God damn it!! You have got to be kidding me!!! There is no excuse for this shit!!!

[quote name='submissionking']It looks as though Amazon has temporarily halted sales on this to investigate reported problems.
Hopefully they fix this issue so I can finally buy it![/QUOTE]

Any idea what the problems are?

bread's done
Back