Resident Evil Degeneration (blu-ray) $20 (Pre-order) Via amazon

This movie is absolutely MUCH better than the Live Action ones!

I still wanted more Game-elements, but it is reallly good enough!

[quote name='Joda84']I noticed the dvd is $19.99 everywhere... But if you go to Walmart.com they have it coming with a shirt.[/quote]

(Wal-mart w/ Free T-shirt) 4 BLU-RAY???

We ain't talking about damn SD DVD here.

[quote name='SuperJedi'](Wal-mart w/ Free T-shirt) 4 BLU-RAY???

We ain't talking about damn SD DVD here.[/quote]

Im fairly certain the best buy/walmart promos are for DVD only, not blu ray.. they should be packaged in.

[quote name='SuperJedi'](Wal-mart w/ Free T-shirt) 4 BLU-RAY???

We ain't talking about damn SD DVD here.[/quote]

Well you aren't... But I was.

[quote name='shadowkast']thanx OP picked it up alaong with dead space:downfall $14.99 (blu w/ digital copy)[/quote]

Nice price.. I got dead space for I think 16.. but the digital copy isn't compatible with crap.. pos PC only version.. no itunes :( Pain to convert it.

This looks and sounds amazing in blu-ray. There's a ton of nods to fans of the game - Wait until you hear the line "Is there anything we can use as a weapon?" .. look at what Claire grabs. She makes a comment about it as well.

[quote name='Scorch']This looks and sounds amazing in blu-ray. There's a ton of nods to fans of the game - Wait until you hear the line "Is there anything we can use as a weapon?" .. look at what Claire grabs. She makes a comment about it as well.[/quote]

Man, now you got me all excited. I really enjoy fan-service, and I've always been a huge fan of the RE series. Now, I have to get this.

Who would think this movie is good or even average, the live action movies are worse than this cg movie, don't get me wrong this is definitely the best of the bunch, but that is not saying much. What I cant believe about this release is there is no Japanese audio track, The english dub shit, the lip synching is so off its laughable and nearly unwatchable, to me atleast. If you intend on buying this THERE IS NO JAPANESE AUDIO TRACK, ONLY A CRAPPY ENGLISH DUB. So lets all rush out and buy this dvd so we can put it next to the other crappy RE movies we have collecting dust on our shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='beatngurnuts']Who would think this movie is good or even average, the live action movies are worse than this cg movie, don't get me wrong this is definitely the best of the bunch, but that is not saying much. What I cant believe about this release is there is no Japanese audio track, The english dub shit, the lip synching is so off its laughable and nearly unwatchable, to me atleast. If you intend on buying this THERE IS NO JAPANESE AUDIO TRACK, ONLY A CRAPPY ENGLISH DUB. So lets all rush out and buy this dvd so we can put it next to the other crappy RE movies we have collecting dust on our shelves.[/QUOTE]

I understand that a quality translation in english would be great, but I dont want to read the lines the whole damn movie if they had kept the japanese audio. It distracts me too much. So I will just put up with the crappy dubbing. Ordered.

[quote name='beatngurnuts']Who would think this movie is good or even average, the live action movies are worse than this cg movie, don't get me wrong this is definitely the best of the bunch, but that is not saying much. What I cant believe about this release is there is no Japanese audio track, The english dub shit, the lip synching is so off its laughable and nearly unwatchable, to me atleast. If you intend on buying this THERE IS NO JAPANESE AUDIO TRACK, ONLY A CRAPPY ENGLISH DUB. So lets all rush out and buy this dvd so we can put it next to the other crappy RE movies we have collecting dust on our shelves.[/quote]

That's not a huge surprise to me. Capcom has been doing this for a while now with its games. Resident Evil and Devil May Cry both had no Japanese tracks at all... even in Japan.

Does the Bluray version have a Japanese dub? I just want to watch the film however the director originally intended for it to be watched. If the lip synching is off, then it's clearly not English.

the Blu-ray version only contains the English dub, its exactly the same as the Dvd version, there are no extra features for the Blu-ray version.

Well I went ahead and ordered it despite everything I've heard. As a big fan of RE and cgi in general I figured I might as well own it. I got the one with the t-shirt so I guess that helps.

[quote name='Sushi Musashi']Well I went ahead and ordered it despite everything I've heard. As a big fan of RE and cgi in general I figured I might as well own it. I got the one with the t-shirt so I guess that helps.[/QUOTE]

You'll enjoy it. I really enjoyed it as a fan of the games. Way better than Extinction, if that makes you feel any better about your purchase.

Very good movie, guys. Definitely a bigger draw for me than any of the three 'real' movies.

Shoulda' stuck to CGI. It's true to the series without crappy acting.

[quote name='PenDynasty']Very good movie, guys. Definitely a bigger draw for me than any of the three 'real' movies.

Shoulda' stuck to CGI. It's true to the series without crappy acting.[/QUOTE]

Thats good to know. I actually didnt mind the 3 real movies, they weren't THAT bad to me. My order arrives tomorrow, cant wait to see this.

rented it the other day. big re fan since the first one came out on ps1, but the movie just didn't do it for me. was really disappointed as i was expecting too much i suppose. meh...back to the games.

Watched it last night. More Resident Evil than the 3 live action movies combined IMO.

Don't get me wrong I liked the movies ok, just never felt that the folks writing them ever really "got it".

Just ordered this
smile.gif
:)

[quote name='beatngurnuts']the Blu-ray version only contains the English dub, its exactly the same as the Dvd version, there are no extra features for the Blu-ray version.[/quote]

Actually there are 2. You can get picture-in-picture of the motion capture and other similar things during the movie by pressing the coresponding color buttons on your Blu-Ray remote when prompted, also there is pop-up trivia. Not to mention the difference in picture quality.

If you want to be hardcore, the making of special feature is in Japanese no subtitles by default on the Blu-Ray, just hit the subtitle button on the remote to get the subtitles on for that feature.

The trailers for the Blu-ray version look amazing, and I'm actually partial to the voice acting cast, so I'll be purchasing it.

Gotta support the team. :wave:

was it just me, or did leon remind anyone of keanu reeves? i just start crackin up whenever hes tryin to be serious

[quote name='hibachiZX']was it just me, or did leon remind anyone of keanu reeves? i just start crackin up whenever hes tryin to be serious[/quote]

:lol:

Actually, I see more of a David Hayter-attribute appearance than Keanu Reeves. A more...clean-cut version, anyway.

I could've sworn one of the main guys (not Leon) was the voice of Onizuka from GTO...maybe it was just me.

I loved the movie, great animation, can't wait for RE5. Best price too :)

bread's done
Back