Resident Evil: Degeneration

Megalith

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Waaay better than the crappy live-action RE films.

Though the CG is not ultra-realistic like FF: TSW, it is on the same level as the CG films in your typical big-budget game, so it's very watchable. I think they nailed Leon perfectly---there are certainly a number of references to RE4, like his costume and an appearance by Hunnigan.

For some reason, he is portrayed as some cold ass player in the movie, but it works. Capcom introduces some ugly girl with a mole as his love interest; luckily, he just leaves her at the end. And it's satisfying to note that they didn't fall into cliches---Claire and Leon don't get together or anything...'cause we all know that his bitch will always be Ada.

They really should have ended the movie with "Where's everyone going...bingo?" though.

Doesn't it have little to do with umbrella or zombies? I think it's in an airport and he's trying to stop some terrorists.

[quote name='sendme']I have yet to hear about this movie. when does it come out.[/QUOTE]

According to Wikipedia, it was released on October 18, 2008 in Japan and will be released on December 30, 2008 in the US

Watched it at work last night (leaked). Decent story, though some of it was easily guessable. I was expecting certain things to happen to new characters that didn't, but overall it's good. Top notch voice acting in the version I had (english dialogue), but then again I'm biased when it comes to "dubs".

Watching now ....I am outright shocked the voice acting is good

edit: Ending thoughts
Both Claire and Leon should have jumped up screaming INVINCIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! at the end, Leon's super human agility aside Claire survived a plane crashing into a building 100 feet from her and then later survives an explosion that vaporized a good chunk of a building. Back to Leon, what the hell was with his standing pose, he never folded his arms or anything, had this pissed off looked on his face the entire movie. I'm really just nitpicking, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit and the airport scene was pure RE fanservice . I'm positive when they shoot that first zombie the sound effects were used from one of the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coolsteel']Watching now ....I am outright shocked the voice acting is good

edit: Ending thoughts
Both Claire and Leon should have jumped up screaming INVINCIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! at the end, Leon's super human agility aside Claire survived a plane crashing into a building 100 feet from her and then later survives an explosion that vaporized a good chunk of a building. Back to Leon, what the hell was with his standing pose, he never folded his arms or anything, had this pissed off looked on his face the entire movie. I'm really just nitpicking, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit and the airport scene was pure RE fanservice . I'm positive when they shoot that first zombie the sound effects were used from one of the games.
[/quote]

Like this?
boris.jpg

I read that parts of the score were taken from the games, but I didn't recognize anything.

I would have liked to hear "Escape from Laboratory."

Looks like Target and CC broke the street date. Picked up the BR for 30 at CC.

Good movie....it has a RE5 tie in...hmmm...

Some thoughts...

-I agree with that one person said about being INVINCIBLE!!!...holy cow!!!

-Some good chuckle moments here and there

-Ok, Leon kissing the chick who passed out UNDERWATER...come on man!!!

-Claire is as gorgeous as ever ;)

-Angela looks like a knock out in her end scene dress.:drool: Oh my god, Leon hump her already...do some overtime!!!! :bouncy:

-The Japanese may do an outstanding job animating humans on paper, but still can't get it right with CG!!!! Come on guys!!! Final Fantasy (the 2001 movie) animated more naturally than this!!!

-Ingrid....Meow!!! :drool:

-The airport scene leading up to the destruction of the terminal was amazing.

-Fire looked really good as the movie progressed.

-No Wesker connection :( awww man..

Overall a good movie that looks AMAZING on Blu Ray. CG fans will like the animatic window as the movie plays. Haven't checked out the other features like BD Live yet... This could have been made into a game with the right tweaking.

[quote name='ITDEFX']

-Ok, Leon kissing the chick who passed out UNDERWATER...come on man!!!

[/quote]

Wasn't that supposed to be underwater mouth-to-mouth resuscitation? That's the way I understood it.

It was alright. It was no where as bad as Advent Children (in the sense that this had a story that made some sense), though at parts it played too corny. Specifically Leon having to look cool in every scene and saving the female in every corner. Overall it was nice little fan service that didn't make me constantly shake my head.

[quote name='bardockkun']It was alright. It was no where as bad as Advent Children (in the sense that this had a story that made some sense), though at parts it played too corny. Specifically Leon having to look cool in every scene and saving the female in every corner. Overall it was nice little fan service that didn't make me constantly shake my head.[/quote]

Agreed.
Too much Leon and other chick screen time, and not enough Claire.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']The movie was horrible. Looked great though.[/quote]

Yes, very nice textures, but not too great human animation.

[quote name='zephie']
Wasn't that supposed to be underwater mouth-to-mouth resuscitation? That's the way I understood it.
[/quote]

Wait, that can be done? :whistle2:s

[quote name='zephie']
[/quote]

Yes, it was mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Aside from that, the ending scene with her in a dress was nothing more than "OMG look at the size of my boobs". It was really stupid and pointless. The rest of the movie was pretty damn good though, both Crimson and I thoroughly enjoyed the fan service.

As for the characters. After 5-6 years of zombie killing, 2 known missions, and a bunch of White House agent training, Leon is supposed to be the serious ass kicking character, with Claire still being the ass-kicking bleeding heart.

Progressing the RE storyline was definitely appreciated, but overall I'm hoping that it's not going to turn into the following:

"Umbrella was destroyed, but now we're going to spend the rest of our lives destroying every asshole that buys the virus on the black market."

~HotShotX

this and the deadspace movie were kinda eh. im still hoping for a good live action re movies ( based on re 2) i dont care how many times you see milla jovovich naked it doesnt make up for all the other lame shit in those re films.

I saw the first part of this on Home.

My lord, I've never seen CG look so ugly. It's mainly the faces, so distorted....and just frightening!

Usually CG movies have at least the look going for it. This really has zero redeeming qualities, unless you like cheese or you're a whore for all things RE(which is alright, we're all whores for something).

Though thinking about it now, I guess since this takes place after RE4, Leon would have to be total badass since this adventure is ho-hum compared to those in the game (that and no threat of decapitation in sight)...

[quote name='Scorch']It came out on the 27th (Saturday).[/quote]

wait what? :whistle2:s

God damn, what's up with the changing of the street dates?? First Eagle Eye now this?

[quote name='bardockkun']Though thinking about it now, I guess since this takes place after RE4, Leon would have to be total badass since this adventure is ho-hum compared to those in the game (that and no threat of decapitation in sight)...[/quote]

This does not take place after RE4. Remember he has his jacket on in this one, but in RE4 he loses it.

I loved it, this was a real Res Evil movie, not like that bullshit Milla pumps out. I admit, I was doing some chores while watching it, but it was great mindless entertainment. The Senator and aggro cop were way too over-the-top.

My fave scene was when
Claire is in the garden area and she gets the call from the scientist about a time-bomb at the same time she sees Chris. For a few seconds it was movie magic - I actually wish there was a little more quality mystery/suspense and less high-octane action.

[quote name='lilboo']Saw it the other day, boy was this corny.[/quote]

Well it is a CGI Res Evil Movie. It's not like the plot for Res Evil 4 was a Shakespearean tragedy.

Watched it yesterday.

... to me, wasn't much better than the live-action garbage. Kind of interesting that the CG stuff was done by the same group that did Appleseed. They still can't seem to get facial mo-cap down though.

I liked the movie honestly. The only bad thing I can say about it, is that it felt like it should have been a game.

as far as the unneccesary points in the movie-it is based off a video game that is 95 percent killing the undead, 3 percent puzzles, and 2 percent story. so go figure.

The movie did get me excited for the next RE game and I am already thinking ahead to RE 6, hopefully 6 will have the much anticipated meeting of Leon and Chris in a game together and the final demise of Wesker.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I liked the movie honestly. The only bad thing I can say about it, is that it felt like it should have been a game.

as far as the unneccesary points in the movie-it is based off a video game that is 95 percent killing the undead, 3 percent puzzles, and 2 percent story. so go figure.

The movie did get me excited for the next RE game and I am already thinking ahead to RE 6, hopefully 6 will have the much anticipated meeting of Leon and Chris in a game together and the final demise of Wesker.[/quote]

Who knows...

We may get one last game after 5 to wrap up the series. There is more to this than Wesker getting another "sample". We might have a mention of the "airport" incident in RE5.

I enjoyed it. It is a lot better than the live action movies I saw(1&2).

I thought it looked great too.

It's what i've wanted for years actually, a RE movie that stuck closer to the story line of the games.

It was better than the live action movies for sure and the animation was good but didn't really care much for the story...then again I never really cared too much for RE's story, the games were fun and the older ones were scary. Now Dead Space I really got into the story, I could see myself wanting more of that.

bread's done
Back