Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City - Special Edition Announced - 3.20.2012

[quote name='snakemaster2389']i have it for xbox[/QUOTE]
Wanna try to see if you can unlock MP achievements in private?

For those on the fence: if you like Army of Two, you'll like this.

I am glad I didn't buy it, but I'm also glad I decided to rent it. It's pretty fun.

A few faults: I want a flashlight, I wish I could give my teammates items, I hate snapping to cover automatically, and I wish I could carry more than one first aid spray.

It's not very Resident Evil, but it's still pretty fun. Like I said: if you enjoyed Army of Two or 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand, you'll enjoy this.

It was okay. I ended up renting this and beating with a few hours (5 to be exact). Otherwise I'll wait till $15 and under before I buy this title. Then again, I won't ever play it again once I do buy it.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']It was okay. I ended up renting this and beating with a few hours (5 to be exact). Otherwise I'll wait till $15 and under before I buy this title. Then again, I won't ever play it again once I do buy it.[/QUOTE]

Then why would you buy it?

Just finished mission 2 and played some mp. 1st mission was total shit,just total shit. Luckily it has really picked up in the second mission. The mp is pretty cool from what i played (only 2 matches before my Internet went out). If it stays like this I could see myself really enjoying this game. Oh and yes the AI does suck really bad.

Why didn't I listen to 007? I haven't regretted spending full price on a game since Devil May Cry 2. God, this game is just awfully boring.

I'm enjoying it currently.

Only faults I see are the moronic AI partners, and a slight disconnect from the "RE feel" you get on older RE games. It's been a fun game otherwise. Glad I bought it.

I figure they are releasing 3 RE games this year, so far 1 has been stellar, Revelations, and 1 has been sub-par, RE:ORC. They can't all be perfect. Hopefully RE6 is good (I thought RE5 was terrible).

[quote name='Daywalker']Why didn't I listen to 007? I haven't regretted spending full price on a game since Devil May Cry 2. God, this game is just awfully boring.[/QUOTE]

Ditto :(

I've played a few offline missions and a few online matches. I'm not going to say it's the greatest game ever, but I like what I'm seeing so far. There's a lot of ways to fight each battle, especially with a team. Ammo actually matters, which is very Resident Evil. I'm hoping some of my friends get the game, so I can play some serious co-op.

I'm about finished with my initial campaign playthrough and I've had a blast. There's some minor hit detection issues and the AI is really stupid, but other than that, I truly can't complain. How review sites are giving this 3s, 4s, and 5s, I'll never know.

so i received my SE from amazon on wednesday and left it sealed. i went out and redboxed the game and got to try it for about 30 mins. so far, what everyone has been saying is completely right. AI is brain dead, the enemies are bullet sponges, and the levels are just so bland.

the multiplayer is a tad better but the main problem is the balance. idk what the level cap is but ive already seen several players level 50+ and theyre very powerful. they can turn invisible for minutes at a time, it seems, and the guns theyre using are better than anything i have. i plan on giving it a few more hours but at this rate, im seriously leaning towards returning my copy to amazon

Kicking myself for buying the SE. Picked it up when amazon had it the SE for $60. I am a huge RE fan but I never realized they outsourced the game to another developer. I can't imagine playing through campaign by myself since campaign matchmaking is dead (or just broken, I find it hard to believe a game that was just released has no one playing). Going to try and sell on Craigslist to break even at least and maybe pick it up down the line if it ever gets fixed.

Same here I bought mine from BB tho I didnt realize the same people that made socom made this and I never been a fan of socom and if its the last team that made socom it will never get fixed.I seen in the same day that and it had bad reviews I didnt even bother opening it taking it back this weekend I might get it later on down the road when its in the $10-$20 range for the steelcase and to see if it finally got fixed

Ugh. I wish this was good! I keep walking by the case @work and I hear it calling my name! Oh well, I'll wait till' the (inevitable) price drop.

Played through the game the other day and I enjoyed it. The flaws are there, but nothing that I couldn't handle. The ending well....yeah, it sucked.

Multiplayer is fun also. Especially Nemesis mode.

Going to be playing through the campaign again, this time with actual people instead of the kindergartners this game gives you for AI.

Redboxed it last night, and ended up getting it today from Target's B2G1. It has it's flaws, but it is a decent little romp from the little I got to play last night in the campaign. Haven't had a chance to touch multiplayer yet.

This game is sad bad and I love RE GAMES

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. I actually like the game. Great co-op fun (that is the only way I have played it so far). Going to be going for the 1K in this one :D

Got one more mission to get S+ on then a mini grind to get the abilities for every character. Then the grinding out 98 games achievement (after getting the other 2 achievements) and 1K :D

On a side note I was a bit angry earlier this morning. Did Mission 6 on pro and got all S'es for ranks... no S+. So I had to redo it again :wall:

EDIT: S+ mission achievement done :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad I cancelled my pre-order after the 1st review came rolling in and looking at MP videos. Finally rented this tonight from Redbox for $.85 with a code and finished SP in a little over 4 hours on normal. Pissed you can't replay the last mission to see the alternate ending so choose wisely or hit up youtube. I feel dirty for what I did...

Seems people are split on this game including myself as I turned it off at one point on the 3 mission out of boredom. It's a very plain shooter with TERRIBLE AI but starting on level 4 shit gets interesting when the old bosses start coming back.... I found myself checkpoint running ALOT out of boredom rather than fighting the same Spec Ops, tongue guys or 4 zombie types. Boss battles and hero sightings saved this game from being complete rubbish.

Have no desire to try MP. :(

EDIT: RedBox code is BREAKROOM or check the thread in game deals for more codes. Save your $$$

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='$hady']I found myself checkpoint running ALOT out of boredom rather than fighting the same Spec Ops, tongue guys or 4 zombie types. Boss battles and hero sightings saved this game from being complete rubbish.

Have no desire to try MP. :([/QUOTE]

That's odd about multiplayer considering everyone says it's much better than single-player. But more importantly, tongue guys? Come on, if any Resident Evil monster has a memorable name, it's them.

With all the DLC announced for this title, I'm kinda positive it will receive a Gold edition.

And when it does, I'll be there to pick it up.

The first day it goes on sale for $25

Thoughts on the DLC?

For me? I'm still red in the face in frustration. I'm really looking at trading it in, and would if it wasn't for the MP. I highly doubt I'd be buying the DLC.

bread's done
Back