Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles $35, Puzzle Quest $15 - Amazon

Argh, I bit on both RE:UC and Ghost Squad. Also picked up Fire Pro for $8 and put in a pre-order for the Perfect Shot Wiimote gun thingy too.

Amazon is retailer of the year again for me.

Grabbed Ghost Squad and a pre-order for the Nyko Perfect Shot as well (man, that gun looks WAY better than the Wii Zapper).

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']The Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles joint should go back to $34.99 later today or tomorrow.[/quote]

i hope you're right, i was just about to buy it :cry:

Chyea, they usually put these on sales for one day, and the next day they are back on sale. So hopefully this will be one of them. I wanted to order RE, as well.

[quote name='trip1eX']Anyone know if Amazon will match the sale price if you ordered the same item within the past 2 weeks?[/QUOTE]

yes but you have to call them while the price is reduced. call the 1800 number choose option 7. give them your order # and confirm your info, and tell them the price is now cheaper and they will issue a refund

[quote name='RobotSimp']yes but you have to call them while the price is reduced. call the 1800 number choose option 7. give them your order # and confirm your info, and tell them the price is now cheaper and they will issue a refund[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I emailed them, but I will call too.

edit: Alright $10 refund for GS on its way. I used a $15 GC on that too that Amazon suprisingly sent me for some hassle on another product which wasn't even much of a hassle. Just realized though that I had free shipping at $30, but wouldn't have at $20 and yet I'm still getting $10 back.

Need RE:UC to hit $35 again now.

[quote name='thebob101']What is Puzzle Quest like? Any good for $15?[/QUOTE]

it's like bejeweled with heavy rpg elements, fantastic as a portable game.
Haven't played the wii, but i'd pick it up if i hadn't played the ds version for tons of hours

[quote name='vherub']it's like bejeweled with heavy rpg elements, fantastic as a portable game.
Haven't played the wii, but i'd pick it up if i hadn't played the ds version for tons of hours[/quote]

The Wii version is really bad. The graphics are jagged and, if you play it on a widescreen television, the graphics are blurry and squished. After 10 minutes of play, I had a splitting headache. The game has been traded in toward Smash Bros.

I'd suggest getting one of the other versions of the game, if at all possible. It's on the DS, PSP, PC, PS2 and 360.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Ghost Squad for $20, I'm going to a LAN party the weekend before New Years and it will be a fun multiplayer game.
I also picked up the two Warhammer Dawn of War Expansions for a total of $30, I've been meaning to get them for a long time.

I ordered Ghost Squad in October, but it didn't ship until the same as the others here, so it will be interesting to see if that is an issue. . .

I already own Ghost Squad and not really interested in Puzzle Quest (have it for DS already). Thank you OP

Sent in a $10 refund request on Ghost Squad. They shipped my order for it less than 30 days ago, so I should be covered.

I'm almost glad Resident Evil is out of stock, as I just bought it last night from Toy's R Us and this way I don't have to mess around with exchanging it :D

I ran through the Playstation 3 games, and it looks like a lot of those are discounted too, although it doesn't seem as impressive when the starting price is $60.

I'm really wondering how well these "light gun" games are going to work on a Wii's controller. Oh well, has to be better than with a normal control pad, I guess.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']If I didn't promise my wife I wouldn't buy any more games I'd totally be getting RE:UC and a Neko remote gun attachment.[/QUOTE]

Give in...to temptation...woooooooo... :p

[quote name='lowbgt']what does it mean when it says yoshi island ds for $15 but then is says DOTD- can anyone explain???[/QUOTE]

That means it's the Deal of the Day, except it's out of stock...which for me is sort of good as I just bought it at Toy's R Us last night (for *$35* before the B3G1F deal) and this way at least I don't have to return it for something else :)

Got the Nyko Perfect Shot "Zapper" and the Ghost Squad for $32.

RE: UC will be bought during GS 12/26 sale (my local store has like 3 used) so I know I will be able to pick that up.

Hey Cheapy, I'm assuming you're the one who put this on the front page. Just to let you know: $20 for Crackdown isn't a great deal, it's $20 all over the place.

Hmm, I sent an email through Amazon's form for a price adjustment to my previously bought UC, but I haven't heard back yet. Amazon's usually pretty prompt with these things...Am I supposed to get some sort of confirmation that my request was sent?

[quote name='Jack Ryan']Hmm, I sent an email through Amazon's form for a price adjustment to my previously bought UC, but I haven't heard back yet. Amazon's usually pretty prompt with these things...Am I supposed to get some sort of confirmation that my request was sent?[/QUOTE]

Yeah what he said
I too didn't get any confirmation with it.

When did you send it? I did it a couple days ago and it took a couple hours probably for them to get back to me.

I sent mine last night when I first found this thread.
It was on Ghost Squad, not RE:UC (but that doesn't matter)

Should I be beyond annoying and send another one? I did find it weird that I never got a confirmation stating something a long the lines of "Thank you for contacting Amazon, we appreciate your feedback. Most e-mails are answered within 24-48 hours..."..but I gots nothin!

There's no confirmation of any sort when sending Amazon email. But they will get back to you within 24 hours, most of the time even faster than that.

I've done a lot of price adjustments this past month on other items.

[quote name='grendel19']There's no confirmation of any sort when sending Amazon email. But they will get back to you within 24 hours, most of the time even faster than that.

I've done a lot of price adjustments this past month on other items.[/QUOTE]
Alright, well then I'll wait until the end of today to send another one. Thanks.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Hey Cheapy, I'm assuming you're the one who put this on the front page. Just to let you know: $20 for Crackdown isn't a great deal, it's $20 all over the place.[/quote]are you sure? just checked a few retailer's websites and it's at least 30 bucks.

I found that amazon processed my refund request and I didn't even get any type of response e-mail. Go into your track orders page on amazon, click on the order in question, and on the bottom of that page it should have a section for refunds issued. Both of my price adjustments for Time Crisis showed up there and I got my refunds back on my card within a couple of days. Hope that helps, saved me the trouble of sending another e-mail to CS.

[quote name='MasterYensid']I found that amazon processed my refund request and I didn't even get any type of response e-mail. Go into your track orders page on amazon, click on the order in question, and on the bottom of that page it should have a section for refunds issued. Both of my price adjustments for Time Crisis showed up there and I got my refunds back on my card within a couple of days. Hope that helps, saved me the trouble of sending another e-mail to CS.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. Thanks for that. I just checked and there's nothing updated for me, yet.

They didnt give me a refund on Ghost Sqaud because I preordered it back in oct. It didnt ship till late last month. Pretty shitty policy if you ask me. If it had dropped the day it shipped for me I wouldnt have been able to get the price match because it would have been 31 days.

[quote name='MasterYensid']I found that amazon processed my refund request and I didn't even get any type of response e-mail. Go into your track orders page on amazon, click on the order in question, and on the bottom of that page it should have a section for refunds issued. Both of my price adjustments for Time Crisis showed up there and I got my refunds back on my card within a couple of days. Hope that helps, saved me the trouble of sending another e-mail to CS.[/QUOTE]
They actually JUST sent me an email crediting back my account, and also posted it to the order. So, thanks again guys!

[quote name='MasterYensid']They didnt give me a refund on Ghost Sqaud because I preordered it back in oct. It didnt ship till late last month. Pretty shitty policy if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
While I agree that's annoying, their price match policy clearly says it doesn't cover pre-orders.

[quote name='Jack Ryan']
While I agree that's annoying, their price match policy clearly says it doesn't cover pre-orders.[/quote]

I read that part, but it says for items that havent shipped yet.
"Applies only to products that have already been released. Products that have not yet been released but that are available for pre-order from Amazon.com are not covered by this guarantee, but do benefit from our Pre-Order Price Protection program (see section above). "

this is from their site
"If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you,"

they were going by when I made the preorder not the ship date.

[quote name='fieldkillah']I read that part, but it says for items that havent shipped yet.
"Applies only to products that have already been released. Products that have not yet been released but that are available for pre-order from Amazon.com are not covered by this guarantee, but do benefit from our Pre-Order Price Protection program (see section above). "

this is from their site
"If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you,"

they were going by when I made the preorder not the ship date.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's why under the Post-Order Guarantee it has that section that say it does NOT apply to pre-orders. Logically that would mean that pre-orders never qualify for the Post-Order Guarantee even after they ship, because then what would be the point of the Pre-Order Price Guarantee? By pre-ordering, your giving up your right to have the price adjusted after the product ships.

But again, I agree that it's worded very poorly, and that I would be very annoyed myself if this happened to me.

Amazon CS seems to be very slow lately from the influx of Christmas traffic. I wouldn't worry if you don't get a response as fast as usual.

bread's done
Back